Desert Music Entertainment Reviews

Desert Music Entertainment 1
Desert Music Entertainment 2

Steve Rye · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely fabulous

JJ was fantastic. Very professional. Great mix of music.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Steve, thank you for having us as a part of yours and Cindy's 40th Anniversary/Renewal of Vows celebration and for the wonderful review. We really appreciate it, thanks again.

Shannon · Married on 03/09/2019

JJ was a joy to work with. Very accommodating, flexible and fun. He was a pleasure to work with on all levels. He worked within our budget and did a great job at the event in expressing our wants and needs.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Shannon, thanks for having us as a part of Victoria and Cole's wedding and reception and for you taking the time to write such a nice review for us. We really appreciate it.

Sara Wayne · Married on 02/08/2019

Great DJ to work with

Desert Music is very reliable and prompt at ensuring you get the best of the best from start to finish. Great communication throughout the entire process from requesting information, to book to the actual event. Definitely would recommend Desert Music to anyone looking for someone reliable and at an affordable price.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Sara, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for us, we really appreciate it. Please keep us in mind for your next event that needs a professional disc jockey entertainer.

Kim Messina · Married on 12/29/2018

All Academies Military Ball

JJ is very professional and easy to work with. He was quick to answer my emails and phone calls. He even met at our venue several times before the actual event. JJ located specific music needed for our military event. Once the formal part of the evening was over, JJ was able to get everyone up and on the dance floor having a great time. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Kim, thank you for the nice review and for having us provide the sound system and musical entertainment for the annual All Academies Ball. It is one of our favorite events to do each year.

Anna · Married on 11/10/2018

Married 10/20/2018

I knew the second I spoke with JJ on the phone that he was just what we were looking for, for our wedding. He was so genuine, personable, and responsive to all my requests. Planning a wedding many states away is not easy, but we could not have been happier with our DJ choice. He put on a great evening for us from the ceremony to the reception and did things just how my husband and I requested - not pressuring in any way! You can’t go wrong with JJ and Desert Music Entertainment - my family highly recommends!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Anna and Nate, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. It was a beautiful wedding and we enjoyed providing the musical entertainment for it. We wish you a very happy life together.

Robin · event on 07/11/2018

JJ has been wonderful!!! My dad had passed away a couple years ago and my husband found him online as he came highly recommended. We are in California and we were able to send over all of our photos and music to him through Dropbox. He created a beautiful video that I will have to cherish forever and I am so grateful!

Three years later I needed to have two montages created for a convention that I was planning for my son's nonprofit organization. I called him and he even remembered us! Again, he has created two beautiful and heartwarming videos of our children for the nonprofit!! He even provided us with the two montages at a discounted price since we were a nonprofit!

JJ is super friendly and very easy to work for and its great that we can do everything online! He was very professional and I would recommend him to anyone!! I will definitely use him for future projects!!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Carla · event on 06/22/2018

JJ did a fabulous job providing the musical entertainment at a recent large party at our home. He was extremely professional, personable, and reliable. We received many compliments regarding the music and games that he provided. We will definitely be calling on him in the future.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Carla, thank you for having us provide the musical entertainment and party games for your pool party. It was fun and you have a great group of friends. We will look forward to your future parties!

Jayla · Married on 06/02/2018

We are SO impressed with JJ Michaels!! From the first email I sent inquiring about DJ services, I knew Desert Music Entertainment was the right choice for our wedding! JJ walked us through the entire process and kindly answered our questions along the way. He provided suggestions as we needed them, but also allowed us to make our own personal choices that were important to us. The ceremony and reception music were all perfect! JJ kept the dance floor alive the entire night and made sure everyone of all ages had a good time! I cannot say enough good things about JJ and Desert Music Entertainment. My husband and I would highly, highly recommend them! Seriously, you don't have to look anywhere else!! Thank you, JJ for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Jayla and Alex, thank you for having us as a part of your wedding day. It was a privilege to provide the emcee and musical entertainment for your special day. We hope there are many years of happiness in your new life together.

Alex & Nicholas · Married on 05/27/2018

JJ was the best decision we made to have our wedding run smoothly and with the flexibility in itinerary planning. We wanted very specific music played at our wedding and JJ found every single one of our required music and our wish list. Every song played was hand picked by either of the grooms or by one of our guests. It made our day as unique as the grooms themselves. JJ was the emcee we didn't realize we needed to make our day even more special. JJ kept things moving smoothly while allowing us the little moments to ourselves. JJ's professionalism was outstanding and his knowledge of his craft was without measure. JJ's equipment was top of the line and played our special music selections clearly and beautifully crisp for everyone in the building to hear. JJ was not only emcee, but JJ was an important part of the overall experience and ease of what was next or how to keep the festivities flowing. We would highly recommend JJ for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Nick and Alex, what a day. Your wedding and reception were so much fun for us to be a part of. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide the music and personality for your big day. We wish you much happiness as a married couple.

Tina · event on 05/24/2018

We hired JJ Michaels at Desert Music Entertainment to provide music entertainment for our daughter's graduation party. We were very pleased with the quality of service he provided, and highly recommend this company!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Tina, thank for having us as a part of Faith's graduation party. We enjoyed providing the musical entertainment and photo montage. We hope that it is a lasting memory for Faith.

Dianna · Married on 04/21/2018

It was such an amazing experience. Desert Music Entertainment understood our theme, our mix of music and we had such a memorable and wonderful experience. Thanks JJ for your service.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Dianna and Clinton, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. Also, thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate it. We wish you many happy years together.

Michael · Married on 04/14/2018

From the moment we began speaking with JJ Michaels (the owner) we knew we were in the right hands. He is friendly and very experienced. Music was one of the top things on our list of important elements. Both my wife and I were DJ's in college and music lovers. Almost immediately after the engagement we started our music list. J.J. kept the evening moving along and mixed our music to maximum effect. In the planning stages leading up to the wedding J.J. helped us with our timeline and all the details of the reception in a way that truly made us feel like we were cared for. We highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Mike and Hetty, thanks for the kind words and for having us as a part of your special day. It was a wonderful wedding. Best of luck in your new life together.
  • F

Fred · event on 04/06/2018

As I prepared for an event to honor my retirement, I secured the services of this company to put together a photo montage of over 150 visual images I supplied, synchronized with 5 songs I chose. I was completely pleased with the result, so professionally and engagingly done. Further, JJ was remarkably responsive to the many messages I sent as the montage was in production. An excellent choice!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Fred, thank you for having us provide the photo montage for your special event. We hope you and your family enjoy watching it for many years to come.

Amber · Married on 12/29/2017

JJ was awesome to work with! He was flexible with some last minute add ins! He played some great music we requested and was great to work with!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Amber and Ryan, thank you for having us provide the emcee and musical entertainment for your wedding reception and for taking the time to write a wonderful review for us. We hope you have many years of happiness together.

Ashlie · Married on 11/18/2017

Desert Music Entertainment was suggested to me by my wedding venue. JJ was great to work with! My wedding was planned last minute, due to our original venue cancelling and I am so glad it happened. Our wedding was perfectly amazing! Even though we were all kind of rushed to get everything put together, JJ was organized, helped take the pressure off me in getting things done and since he worked at the venue many times before we were able to talk over the phone and get things settled in minutes. The day of he did a wonderful job in moving our wedding along according to our schedule, he was very animated and fun when it came to our games and the other personal touches we threw into our wedding. He kept the party going and wrapped everything up perfectly as we wanted. I appreciate all the help and effort he put into our wedding and I am so glad we were referred to him. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Ashlie, thanks for the nice words. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. We hope your new married life is everything you dreamed it would be. Congratulations.

Shawn · Married on 11/17/2017

JJ was an amazing DJ and emcee for our wedding in November. He is very friendly yet professional and knows what he's doing from the very beginning. We knew we could rely on him since he also DJ'd my sister's wedding and I would recommend him to anyone who wants their big day to go smooth.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Shawn and Kashaunda, what a party, Thanks for taking got time to write a wonderful review for us. We hope that the following years are filled with happiness and joy, thanks again.

Rebecca · Married on 11/11/2017

JJ Michaels was the DJ that helped us with our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. He was a big part of why our wedding night flowed together so perfectly.

When we first met with JJ Michaels I loved that he had price rate sheets with breakdowns for what each package contained. He was very easy to talk to and even had extremely helpful suggestions for our music and wedding. Honestly after meeting with him we felt that there was no other choice for our wedding. We called him back a few hours after our meeting and hired him.

After we hired him he met with us at the venue on several different occasions. We even changed where he was supposed to set up on one of his return visits and it was no problem for him at all. He had great communication with us and was always available via emails and/or phone calls. One of the things that stood out to me the most was how he actually touched base with us and sent us reminders. JJ Michaels didn't just leave it up to us, he understood that we were being pulled so many directions for the wedding planning so he wanted to make sure we were taken care of.

During the wedding night he really helped move some of the events along and keep people on track. He helped announce all key events like a surprise dance with my Grandmother and the mock send off that we did at the end of the reception.

We obviously had music that we hand selected to be played during our wedding but JJ Michaels did an excellent job filling in the gaps with music that was similar to our tastes that we hadn't thought of. JJ Michaels of course took requests from the people attending as well. We had people of all ages and I would say over half of the people at our wedding complimented the music selection.

All in all I would highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment for your events (Especially JJ Michaels)!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Brian and Rebecca, wow, thank you so much for the great review, we really appreciate it. Best of luck and many years of happiness in your new life together.

Dominic · event on 11/03/2017

Great service & fast turn around time! Top quality!!

Sent on 11/13/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Dominic, we are sorry for your lost, however, I hope the photo montage we produced for Freddie's celebration of life will be a lasting memory of him for all of his family and friends.

Cassie · Married on 10/28/2017

JJ Michaels was amazing...he kept the party going, guided everyone through the evening, and his lighting and song choices made our wedding reception the most lively night possible. Totally recommend.

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Desert Music Entertainment 3
    Desert Music Entertainment 4

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Cassie and Zach, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful 'review' for us on WeddingWire.com. We really appreciate it. It was a pleasure to be a part of your 'big' day. We hope you have a wonderful life together. Thanks again.

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

I absolutely loved working with JJ. He did a great job with music choices, finding special songs we particularly wanted, and moving the party along. I really enjoyed planning with him and cannot recommend him enough. He is a great dj and a great value as well. I would book him again for any event we have.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Sarah, thanks for having us as a part of yours and Tom's special day. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review for us. We hope your new life together is wonderful and exciting.
  • Hailey

Hailey · Married on 10/13/2017

I'm so glad I found JJ! He was very fun to work with while planning the playlist, and I could definitely tell he truly cared about helping make the wedding the best it could be!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Hailey, thank you for the nice review. We had a blast being part of your big day. We hope that your new life together is as wonderful as you have imagined.

Lawrence · event on 08/26/2017

Was such a pleasure to work with...addressed all my needs and concerns...first class service!!!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Lawrence, thank you for having us put together a photo montage for Javon's 'big' birthday celebration. We hope that he enjoyed it (and maybe embarrassed him a little too!)

Georgianna · event on 08/20/2017

I was very pleased with the video jj made for me for a memorial for my mother. it was very professional and when I wanted to add or delete something he was happy to do it. you could not find anyone better than JJ to do your video. I will call on him every time I need video memories done. Thank You JJ for your professionalism and doing everything according to date you promised.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Georgianna, thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide a photo montage for your mother's celebration of life. We hope everyone in attendance enjoyed seeing her life in pictures..

Mark · Married on 07/14/2017

JJ did my daughter's wedding reception videography most recently, and he has done a great job. He is an outstanding videographer over all, friendly, prompt, responsible and very reasonable to work with. I highly recommend him to every one in and out of Arizona.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Mark, thank you for having us preserve Sarah and Rick's wedding memories with our videography service. It was a beautiful wedding in Flagstaff (regardless of the rain!) We hope they will enjoy watching their wedding video for years to come.