Desert Music Entertainment Reviews

177 Reviews for Desert Music Entertainment

Desert Music Entertainment 1
Desert Music Entertainment 2

Shannon · Getting married on 03/09/2019

JJ was a joy to work with. Very accommodating, flexible and fun. He was a pleasure to work with on all levels. He worked within our budget and did a great job at the event in expressing our wants and needs.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Shannon, thanks for having us as a part of Victoria and Cole's wedding and reception and for you taking the time to write such a nice review for us. We really appreciate it.

Anna · Married on 11/10/2018

Married 10/20/2018

I knew the second I spoke with JJ on the phone that he was just what we were looking for, for our wedding. He was so genuine, personable, and responsive to all my requests. Planning a wedding many states away is not easy, but we could not have been happier with our DJ choice. He put on a great evening for us from the ceremony to the reception and did things just how my husband and I requested - not pressuring in any way! You can’t go wrong with JJ and Desert Music Entertainment - my family highly recommends!!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Anna and Nate, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. It was a beautiful wedding and we enjoyed providing the musical entertainment for it. We wish you a very happy life together.

Jayla · Married on 06/02/2018

We are SO impressed with JJ Michaels!! From the first email I sent inquiring about DJ services, I knew Desert Music Entertainment was the right choice for our wedding! JJ walked us through the entire process and kindly answered our questions along the way. He provided suggestions as we needed them, but also allowed us to make our own personal choices that were important to us. The ceremony and reception music were all perfect! JJ kept the dance floor alive the entire night and made sure everyone of all ages had a good time! I cannot say enough good things about JJ and Desert Music Entertainment. My husband and I would highly, highly recommend them! Seriously, you don't have to look anywhere else!! Thank you, JJ for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Jayla and Alex, thank you for having us as a part of your wedding day. It was a privilege to provide the emcee and musical entertainment for your special day. We hope there are many years of happiness in your new life together.

Alex & Nicholas · Married on 05/27/2018

JJ was the best decision we made to have our wedding run smoothly and with the flexibility in itinerary planning. We wanted very specific music played at our wedding and JJ found every single one of our required music and our wish list. Every song played was hand picked by either of the grooms or by one of our guests. It made our day as unique as the grooms themselves. JJ was the emcee we didn't realize we needed to make our day even more special. JJ kept things moving smoothly while allowing us the little moments to ourselves. JJ's professionalism was outstanding and his knowledge of his craft was without measure. JJ's equipment was top of the line and played our special music selections clearly and beautifully crisp for everyone in the building to hear. JJ was not only emcee, but JJ was an important part of the overall experience and ease of what was next or how to keep the festivities flowing. We would highly recommend JJ for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Nick and Alex, what a day. Your wedding and reception were so much fun for us to be a part of. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide the music and personality for your big day. We wish you much happiness as a married couple.

Dianna · Married on 04/21/2018

It was such an amazing experience. Desert Music Entertainment understood our theme, our mix of music and we had such a memorable and wonderful experience. Thanks JJ for your service.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Dianna and Clinton, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. Also, thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate it. We wish you many happy years together.

Michael · Married on 04/14/2018

From the moment we began speaking with JJ Michaels (the owner) we knew we were in the right hands. He is friendly and very experienced. Music was one of the top things on our list of important elements. Both my wife and I were DJ's in college and music lovers. Almost immediately after the engagement we started our music list. J.J. kept the evening moving along and mixed our music to maximum effect. In the planning stages leading up to the wedding J.J. helped us with our timeline and all the details of the reception in a way that truly made us feel like we were cared for. We highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Mike and Hetty, thanks for the kind words and for having us as a part of your special day. It was a wonderful wedding. Best of luck in your new life together.

Amber · Married on 12/29/2017

JJ was awesome to work with! He was flexible with some last minute add ins! He played some great music we requested and was great to work with!

Sent on 01/17/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Amber and Ryan, thank you for having us provide the emcee and musical entertainment for your wedding reception and for taking the time to write a wonderful review for us. We hope you have many years of happiness together.

Ashlie · Married on 11/18/2017

Desert Music Entertainment was suggested to me by my wedding venue. JJ was great to work with! My wedding was planned last minute, due to our original venue cancelling and I am so glad it happened. Our wedding was perfectly amazing! Even though we were all kind of rushed to get everything put together, JJ was organized, helped take the pressure off me in getting things done and since he worked at the venue many times before we were able to talk over the phone and get things settled in minutes. The day of he did a wonderful job in moving our wedding along according to our schedule, he was very animated and fun when it came to our games and the other personal touches we threw into our wedding. He kept the party going and wrapped everything up perfectly as we wanted. I appreciate all the help and effort he put into our wedding and I am so glad we were referred to him. Thanks for everything!

Sent on 12/18/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Ashlie, thanks for the nice words. It was a pleasure to be a part of your special day. We hope your new married life is everything you dreamed it would be. Congratulations.

Shawn · Married on 11/17/2017

JJ was an amazing DJ and emcee for our wedding in November. He is very friendly yet professional and knows what he's doing from the very beginning. We knew we could rely on him since he also DJ'd my sister's wedding and I would recommend him to anyone who wants their big day to go smooth.

Sent on 12/13/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Shawn and Kashaunda, what a party, Thanks for taking got time to write a wonderful review for us. We hope that the following years are filled with happiness and joy, thanks again.

Rebecca · Married on 11/11/2017

JJ Michaels was the DJ that helped us with our wedding and he was absolutely amazing. He was a big part of why our wedding night flowed together so perfectly.

When we first met with JJ Michaels I loved that he had price rate sheets with breakdowns for what each package contained. He was very easy to talk to and even had extremely helpful suggestions for our music and wedding. Honestly after meeting with him we felt that there was no other choice for our wedding. We called him back a few hours after our meeting and hired him.

After we hired him he met with us at the venue on several different occasions. We even changed where he was supposed to set up on one of his return visits and it was no problem for him at all. He had great communication with us and was always available via emails and/or phone calls. One of the things that stood out to me the most was how he actually touched base with us and sent us reminders. JJ Michaels didn't just leave it up to us, he understood that we were being pulled so many directions for the wedding planning so he wanted to make sure we were taken care of.

During the wedding night he really helped move some of the events along and keep people on track. He helped announce all key events like a surprise dance with my Grandmother and the mock send off that we did at the end of the reception.

We obviously had music that we hand selected to be played during our wedding but JJ Michaels did an excellent job filling in the gaps with music that was similar to our tastes that we hadn't thought of. JJ Michaels of course took requests from the people attending as well. We had people of all ages and I would say over half of the people at our wedding complimented the music selection.

All in all I would highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment for your events (Especially JJ Michaels)!

Sent on 12/17/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Brian and Rebecca, wow, thank you so much for the great review, we really appreciate it. Best of luck and many years of happiness in your new life together.

Cassie · Married on 10/28/2017

JJ Michaels was amazing...he kept the party going, guided everyone through the evening, and his lighting and song choices made our wedding reception the most lively night possible. Totally recommend.

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Desert Music Entertainment 3
    Desert Music Entertainment 4

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Cassie and Zach, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful 'review' for us on WeddingWire.com. We really appreciate it. It was a pleasure to be a part of your 'big' day. We hope you have a wonderful life together. Thanks again.

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

I absolutely loved working with JJ. He did a great job with music choices, finding special songs we particularly wanted, and moving the party along. I really enjoyed planning with him and cannot recommend him enough. He is a great dj and a great value as well. I would book him again for any event we have.

Sent on 11/25/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Sarah, thanks for having us as a part of yours and Tom's special day. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice review for us. We hope your new life together is wonderful and exciting.
  • Hailey

Hailey · Married on 10/13/2017

I'm so glad I found JJ! He was very fun to work with while planning the playlist, and I could definitely tell he truly cared about helping make the wedding the best it could be!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Hailey, thank you for the nice review. We had a blast being part of your big day. We hope that your new life together is as wonderful as you have imagined.

Mark · Married on 07/14/2017

JJ did my daughter's wedding reception videography most recently, and he has done a great job. He is an outstanding videographer over all, friendly, prompt, responsible and very reasonable to work with. I highly recommend him to every one in and out of Arizona.

Sent on 08/15/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Mark, thank you for having us preserve Sarah and Rick's wedding memories with our videography service. It was a beautiful wedding in Flagstaff (regardless of the rain!) We hope they will enjoy watching their wedding video for years to come.

Kenneth · Married on 06/08/2017

I used Desert Music Entertainment to produce a rather complex photo montage. I worked directly with owner JJ Michaels across 3 time zones. He was extremely energetic, fun to work with and attentive to every detail, request and question that I had. I provided the photos and specific edited music selections, then JJ worked his magic and created an absolutely riveting, 24-minute masterpiece that was the true highlight of the reception. Thanks JJ for not only bringing my vision to life, but also know that your work has touched the hearts of 200+ guests in such a beautiful way that nothing else ever will.

Sent on 06/09/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Ken, thank you having us as a part of your niece's wedding celebration, it's great to hear that the photo montage was a 'big' hit. It was a pleasure to be just a small part of such an important occasion for you family.

elyse · Married on 05/27/2017

JJ was absolutely the best of the best!! We had the pleasure of being his customer for our wedding this Memorial Day! Prompt, knowledgeable, flexible, and everything in between!! He was a great MC and kept everyone engaged, happy, and entertained. I would recommend him and his company to anyone!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Elyse and Jon, thank you so much for having us as a part of your wedding. It was a pleasure and an honor. What a party. We wish you many years of happiness.

Anna · Married on 04/22/2017

JJ is absolutely fantastic. He was an excellent communicator, even as far as 10 months out from our wedding! He periodically reached out to us without us ever having to contact him. His website even keeps track of all of his correspondence so if you wanted to know when the last time he reached out to you was and what he said it's all tracked in there. He is really, really, really on top of things!

Our wedding was a bit complicated because it was a destination wedding at the Grand Canyon. He made the trip up without hesitation and, I should mention, at a very reasonable rate. The day of the event he was very attentive and went out of his way to make our day perfect. He was extremely flexible, kind, and a pleasure to be around.

We highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Anna and Brian, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. Having your ceremony on the edge of the Grand Canyon couldn't have been more spectacular and the reception was quite the party. Enjoy your new life together and we wish you much happiness.

Lauren · Married on 02/17/2017

JJ was recommended to me through a family member and he was AMAZING! He responded to me almost instantly and he had a website that helped me select all of the songs I wanted for each portion of my wedding. 10/10 would recommend.

Sent on 02/22/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much for having us be a part of yours and Tyler's special day. Your wedding turned out beautifully due to all of your hard work. My wish is for you and Tyler to have many wonderful years together.

Russell · Married on 01/27/2017

JJ was amazing. He took time before the wedding to answer all of our questions. He made suggestions and listened to what we wanted. He read the room during the reception and provided a great mix of music. We would definately suggest using JJ for your wedding.

Sent on 02/07/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Rusty, thanks so much for taking the time out of your busy day to write such a wonderful review for us on WeddingWire.com. It was a honor and privilege to be a part of your daughter Hayley and Tyler's special day. We wish them much happiness for years to come.

Jessica · Married on 11/19/2016

JJ totally came through for us! I had a "friend" who was going to DJ our wedding. He bailed and JJ had a cancellation. It was like God prevailing. JJ was fantastic!!! He made the party super fun and everyone had a wonderful time! THANK YOU!!

Sent on 11/27/2016

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Jessica and Andy, thanks for having us as a part of your wedding ceremony and reception. It could not have been more beautiful (Agave Reception Center in Sedona.) You were a pleasure to work with. I'm sure you will have a fun and happy life together. Best wishes.

Amanda · Married on 11/12/2016

JJ was so much fun! He made the wedding everything that we asked for. We wanted specific music and didn't want specific things and he made sure that this happened and that we were satisfied. JJ provided us with walk through directions and steps on how to pick different music and was very attentive. JJ was so great and we would recommend him!

Sent on 12/19/2016

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Amanda and Scott, thanks for having Desert Music Entertainment as a part of your special day. It was a fantastic wedding and lots of fun. We wish you much luck in your new life together and thanks for taking the time to write a wonderful review for us.

Lauren · Married on 11/05/2016

JJ was great to work with! Very attentive to our needs and helped us with any questions we had along the way. He made us feel so comfortable. I would definitely recommend him to anyone I know needing a DJ and will consider him in the future for any other major events we have!

Sent on 11/30/2016

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Lauren and Doug, thanks for having Desert Music Entertainment DJs as part of your 'big' day. What a party! It was fun. Best of luck in your new married life.

Victoria · Married on 10/29/2016

JJ was awesome! Our reception was originally supposed to be outside, but once it got started we soon realized it was way too hot, so we wanted to move inside. JJ was able to move his entire set-up indoors in under 10 minutes and get the party re-started without a hitch. No small feat. He also stuck to the approved playlist and didn't draw unnecessary attention to himself like a lot of DJs tend to do. He just played to the crowd and made sure everybody had a great time. He just gets it. Really couldn't ask for anything more when it comes to a wedding DJ. Highly recommend! Great value too, btw.

Sent on 01/28/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Torre and Greg, thanks for having us be a part of your wedding reception. It was a lot of fun and you were a pleasure to work with. We wish you the best and much happiness in your new married life.

Alexandra · Married on 10/15/2016

JJ was absolutely amazing! Everything was so simple and organized, and his planning system made it all a breeze! Super easy to get a hold of him for anything we needed to do! We needed to make some last minute changes after the due date for our songs, and he was so accommodating and helped us rearrange things to work what we needed into/out of the reception. He kept the night running smoothly, and made sure no one was bored! All of the music transitions for the wedding were flawless and we would definitely recommend him to anyone planning an event!!! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Alex and Brandon, thank you for having us as a part of your wedding celebration, it was a beautiful event and lots of fun. We really appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to write very nice review us. Enjoy the many years of happiness you will have in your new married life.