Desert Music Entertainment Reviews

192 Reviews for Desert Music Entertainment

• Mikela

Mikela · Married on 10/17/2020

JJ did a great job!

JJ hosted our wedding, and he did such a great job! Everyone loved the music and he did such a great job staying in contact with me and helping me make my playlist and he also was so understanding and patient when I had trouble picking songs. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/10/2020

Kela and Taylor,

Thank you for having us as a part of your special day and for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. We wish you may years of happiness. Thanks again.
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Bohrer · Married on 09/25/2020

Amazing DJ with professional and timely service

JJ was our DJ at our wedding at the Wright House in September. JJ was very responsive and flexible during the planning process especially when we had to reschedule our wedding due to COVID. He made the planning process easy with the online portal where we filled out the music we wanted for the special dances and parts of our reception requiring music. I also liked that the portal gave suggestions for particular music selections. JJ did a great job of keeping us on track with our timeline during the night and was friendly with me and our guests. I would recommend using JJ and Desert Music Entertainment for your upcoming wedding or event!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Caitlin and Dakota, thank you for having us as a part your special day. It was a pleasure to have worked with you to make your wedding special and fun. Best wishes for a long and happy life together.
  • Rylan

Rylan · Married on 08/01/2020

More Than We Could Have Hoped For!

We initially chose to DJ JJ from Desert Music. entertainment to DJ our wedding because of his low price. To our surprise, he blew all expectations and could very well charge much more money for the outstanding experience. Very professional. Furthermore they catered completely to our wants/needs. The music/events were arranged and chosen according to my wife’s preferences and it really made for a perfect night. I don’t normally take the time to write reviews, but for DJ JJ it is the least I could do.

Sent on 08/18/2020

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Rylan and Brylee, thank you for having us as a part of your wedding celebration. It was a really warm day, but everyone seemed to enjoy your 'big' day. We wish you much happiness in the years to come. Thank you for writing this review for us, it is much appreciated.
  • Ted

Ted Wilber · Married on 04/04/2020

Great Show and Great Music

We hired Desert Music nearly 18 months ago for a wedding in April. Unfortunately we had to postpone due to Covid but the wedding was finally pulled off on 10/10/2020 ... JJ has been absolutely great to work with from day one. He spent several hours with us to make sure he knew exactly what type of music and what type of ceremony we were looking for (even met us at the venue a couple months in advance). We did not have a coordinator and he helped us put together an itinerary for the event and gave us several other ideas to think about. Our wedding was amazing, and JJ (Desert Music) played a large role in this. I can't thank him enough!!!

Sent on 10/21/2020

Denali Johnson · Married on 03/07/2020

The highlight of our wedding!

JJ Michaels from Desert Music Entertainment was the DJ and emcee for our wedding. He did an incredible job! He was so professional to work with throughout the entire planning process and guided us along the way. He gave us great tips and advice and most of all took the time to understand exactly what we were looking for. Our day was perfect and I have received so many comments on how much fun everyone had. One of the most important things to me for our wedding was that everyone would be out on the dance floor dancing and celebrating and JJ made that happen! He played a great mix of music and always knew the right song to play. JJ Michaels also put together a video montage of photos of my husband and I and that was such a special moment we will never forget. We couldn’t be happier in our decision of choosing Desert Music Entertainment for our special day!

Sent on 04/20/2020

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Denali and Cole, thank you for having us as part of your 'big' day, it was fun! And also thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us, it is much appreciated, thanks again.
  • Richard

Richard Hoeye · Married on 02/09/2020

The JJ experiance!!

JJ handled and coordinated everything for our reception. He got everyone involved and kept the dance floor full. JJ anticipated what the reception required and fulfilled that task. We had such a great time! Even two old Blues Brothers made an appearance. He was a true professional who catered to our whishes.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Rich and Darlene, thank you for having us be a part of your 'special day' and also thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review for us, we really appreciate it. We wish you many years of happiness.

Marnie Neilsen · Married on 12/28/2019

5 Stars out of 5-Excellent DJ!

Highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment. Cane highly recommended and JJ did not disappoint! Extremely professional and easy to work with. The crowd loved the music and the dance floor was full on the first dance and continued that way to the last dance. We will definitely use JJ for any future events.

Sent on 01/23/2020

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Marnie, thank you for taking the time to submit this wonderful review for us. We really appreciate it. The All Academies Ball is one of our favorite events we due each year. Thanks for having us as a part of this year's Ball. We will hopefully see again this coming year.
  • Kati

Kati Countryman · Married on 11/02/2019

Couldn't have asked for more!

We had great communication with JJ ahead of the event. He was super reassuring that between he and our wedding coordinator, everything would go as planned...and it did! JJ even helped us with pre-ceremony and ceremony music (which I didn't know wasn't provided...total lifesaver)! The day of the ceremony, DJ Vennie arrived on time and was there to announce everything, played all the right music, and even sensed when the dancing was waning. He picked a few crowd-pleasers that got people on the dance floor that hadn't danced all night! Great company to work with, talented DJs that know their stuff, and a very successful night thanks, in part, to JJ and DJ Vennie!

Sent on 08/19/2020

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Kati, thank you so much for having us as a part of your special day and for also taking the time write such a nice review for us. We appreciate it. Thanks again.
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing MC/DJ

JJ was spectacular for our wedding! He made sure everything ran smoothly and all of our guests had an amazing time! I can’t recommend him enough! We had multiple phone calls to ensure we were all setup for ceremony and reception music and he worked to get us the perfect color of uplighting.

Sent on 12/05/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Lauren and Emmanuel, thank you for the wonderful review, we really appreciate it. May many years of happiness be in your future, thanks again.

Jami Huntley · Married on 10/19/2019

Desert Music Entertainment DJd

JJ did our wedding and was absolutely amazing!! Communicated every step of the way, even on the day of and made changes without any questions asked. Could not have been happier

Sent on 11/04/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Jami and Russ, it was our pleasure to be a part of your special day. It was quite fun. Thank you for the wonderful review. We really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
  • JORDAN

JORDAN LEIGH BARRY · Married on 10/13/2019

Jj was awesome!

Use this guy for all your DJ services!!! So organized and beyond helpful to all of our needs. I am so glad we used him to help make our wedding date so special!

Thank you JJ!!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Jordan and Mike, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. We really appreciate it. Best of luck in your new married life.

Steve Rye · Married on 07/13/2019

Absolutely fabulous

JJ was fantastic. Very professional. Great mix of music.

Sent on 07/31/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Steve, thank you for having us as a part of yours and Cindy's 40th Anniversary/Renewal of Vows celebration and for the wonderful review. We really appreciate it, thanks again.

Michelle Thompson · Married on 07/12/2019

Desert Music Entertainment with JJ

JJ was a pleasure to work with! He was friendly, professional and took care of EVERYTHING for us during our reception. He also got everyone on the dance floor and our guests had a BLAST! We didn't have to worry about a thing! Highly recommend him for your wedding or other music needs! Thank you so much JJ!

Sent on 07/30/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Michelle, thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for us. We wish you and JT many years of happiness.

Shannon · Married on 03/09/2019

JJ was a joy to work with. Very accommodating, flexible and fun. He was a pleasure to work with on all levels. He worked within our budget and did a great job at the event in expressing our wants and needs.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Shannon, thanks for having us as a part of Victoria and Cole's wedding and reception and for you taking the time to write such a nice review for us. We really appreciate it.

Sara Wayne · Married on 02/08/2019

Great DJ to work with

Desert Music is very reliable and prompt at ensuring you get the best of the best from start to finish. Great communication throughout the entire process from requesting information, to book to the actual event. Definitely would recommend Desert Music to anyone looking for someone reliable and at an affordable price.

Sent on 02/21/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Sara, thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review for us, we really appreciate it. Please keep us in mind for your next event that needs a professional disc jockey entertainer.

Kim Messina · Married on 12/29/2018

All Academies Military Ball

JJ is very professional and easy to work with. He was quick to answer my emails and phone calls. He even met at our venue several times before the actual event. JJ located specific music needed for our military event. Once the formal part of the evening was over, JJ was able to get everyone up and on the dance floor having a great time. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 01/04/2019

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Kim, thank you for the nice review and for having us provide the sound system and musical entertainment for the annual All Academies Ball. It is one of our favorite events to do each year.

Anna · Married on 11/10/2018

Married 10/20/2018

I knew the second I spoke with JJ on the phone that he was just what we were looking for, for our wedding. He was so genuine, personable, and responsive to all my requests. Planning a wedding many states away is not easy, but we could not have been happier with our DJ choice. He put on a great evening for us from the ceremony to the reception and did things just how my husband and I requested - not pressuring in any way! You can’t go wrong with JJ and Desert Music Entertainment - my family highly recommends!!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Anna and Nate, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. It was a beautiful wedding and we enjoyed providing the musical entertainment for it. We wish you a very happy life together.

Robin · event on: 07/11/2018

JJ has been wonderful!!! My dad had passed away a couple years ago and my husband found him online as he came highly recommended. We are in California and we were able to send over all of our photos and music to him through Dropbox. He created a beautiful video that I will have to cherish forever and I am so grateful!

Three years later I needed to have two montages created for a convention that I was planning for my son's nonprofit organization. I called him and he even remembered us! Again, he has created two beautiful and heartwarming videos of our children for the nonprofit!! He even provided us with the two montages at a discounted price since we were a nonprofit!

JJ is super friendly and very easy to work for and its great that we can do everything online! He was very professional and I would recommend him to anyone!! I will definitely use him for future projects!!

Sent on 07/05/2018

Carla · event on: 06/22/2018

JJ did a fabulous job providing the musical entertainment at a recent large party at our home. He was extremely professional, personable, and reliable. We received many compliments regarding the music and games that he provided. We will definitely be calling on him in the future.

Sent on 06/27/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Carla, thank you for having us provide the musical entertainment and party games for your pool party. It was fun and you have a great group of friends. We will look forward to your future parties!

Jayla · Married on 06/02/2018

We are SO impressed with JJ Michaels!! From the first email I sent inquiring about DJ services, I knew Desert Music Entertainment was the right choice for our wedding! JJ walked us through the entire process and kindly answered our questions along the way. He provided suggestions as we needed them, but also allowed us to make our own personal choices that were important to us. The ceremony and reception music were all perfect! JJ kept the dance floor alive the entire night and made sure everyone of all ages had a good time! I cannot say enough good things about JJ and Desert Music Entertainment. My husband and I would highly, highly recommend them! Seriously, you don't have to look anywhere else!! Thank you, JJ for making our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Jayla and Alex, thank you for having us as a part of your wedding day. It was a privilege to provide the emcee and musical entertainment for your special day. We hope there are many years of happiness in your new life together.

Alex & Nicholas · Married on 05/27/2018

JJ was the best decision we made to have our wedding run smoothly and with the flexibility in itinerary planning. We wanted very specific music played at our wedding and JJ found every single one of our required music and our wish list. Every song played was hand picked by either of the grooms or by one of our guests. It made our day as unique as the grooms themselves. JJ was the emcee we didn't realize we needed to make our day even more special. JJ kept things moving smoothly while allowing us the little moments to ourselves. JJ's professionalism was outstanding and his knowledge of his craft was without measure. JJ's equipment was top of the line and played our special music selections clearly and beautifully crisp for everyone in the building to hear. JJ was not only emcee, but JJ was an important part of the overall experience and ease of what was next or how to keep the festivities flowing. We would highly recommend JJ for your wedding or special event.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Nick and Alex, what a day. Your wedding and reception were so much fun for us to be a part of. We thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide the music and personality for your big day. We wish you much happiness as a married couple.

Tina · event on: 05/24/2018

We hired JJ Michaels at Desert Music Entertainment to provide music entertainment for our daughter's graduation party. We were very pleased with the quality of service he provided, and highly recommend this company!

Sent on 06/17/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Tina, thank for having us as a part of Faith's graduation party. We enjoyed providing the musical entertainment and photo montage. We hope that it is a lasting memory for Faith.

Dianna · Married on 04/21/2018

It was such an amazing experience. Desert Music Entertainment understood our theme, our mix of music and we had such a memorable and wonderful experience. Thanks JJ for your service.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Dianna and Clinton, thank you for having us as a part of your special day. Also, thank you for the kind words, we really appreciate it. We wish you many happy years together.
  • Michael

Michael · Married on 04/14/2018

From the moment we began speaking with JJ Michaels (the owner) we knew we were in the right hands. He is friendly and very experienced. Music was one of the top things on our list of important elements. Both my wife and I were DJ's in college and music lovers. Almost immediately after the engagement we started our music list. J.J. kept the evening moving along and mixed our music to maximum effect. In the planning stages leading up to the wedding J.J. helped us with our timeline and all the details of the reception in a way that truly made us feel like we were cared for. We highly recommend Desert Music Entertainment!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Mike and Hetty, thanks for the kind words and for having us as a part of your special day. It was a wonderful wedding. Best of luck in your new life together.
  • F

Fred · event on: 04/06/2018

As I prepared for an event to honor my retirement, I secured the services of this company to put together a photo montage of over 150 visual images I supplied, synchronized with 5 songs I chose. I was completely pleased with the result, so professionally and engagingly done. Further, JJ was remarkably responsive to the many messages I sent as the montage was in production. An excellent choice!

Sent on 04/10/2018

Desert Music Entertainment's reply:

Fred, thank you for having us provide the photo montage for your special event. We hope you and your family enjoy watching it for many years to come.