D'Errico Jewelry Reviews

1 User photo

D'Errico Jewelry 1

Deanna Acerra · Getting married on 08/03/2019

Exceptional Jewelry, Exceptional Service

Our experience at D’Errico Jewelry was fantastic. Their customer service and overall quality is hard to find these days. I was amazed at every step of the process, every little detail was planned out making it memorable and enjoyable. From the knowledge transfer, to sketching a design, 3D prototyping, and finally the finished product, Kit helped us create a beautiful custom engagement ring. The quality and beauty of this ring is unbelievable, we couldn’t be happier with the result. There are no limitations here, D’Errico will help you find exactly what you are looking for, and within your budget. We just went back for our wedding bands! We cannot express our gratitude enough to all the members of D’Errico Jewelry.

Sent on 02/04/2019
    D'Errico Jewelry 2

D'Errico Jewelry's reply:

Hi Deanna!

Please feel free to stop by our store for ring cleanings on us before your wedding! Thank you for the lovely review, it was such a pleasure working with you!

Gina · Married on 11/11/2018

I couldn't love my engagement ring more than I do! D'Errico worked with my fiancée to design the perfect ring. The diamond is beyond gorgeous and in the most beautiful setting. My fiancée has nothing but the best things to say about Sal and the rest of the staff at D'Errico. We will 100% be going back to D'Errico to get our wedding bands!

Sent on 02/12/2017

D'Errico Jewelry's reply:

Hi Gina! We're glad you love your engagement ring, and can't wait to build your wedding bands!

Mary · Married on 10/28/2017

I bought my wedding band from D'Errico Jewelry and I couldn't be happier. Staff was really helpful and friendly. They even offered to clean my engagement ring and my mom's rings for free a few days before the wedding.

Sent on 12/12/2017

Heather · Married on 06/17/2017

We had shopped at D'Errico while looking for an engagement ring, but ended up using a family heirloom instead. When it came to look for wedding bands, it was our first and only stop after the great experience we had previously. They worked with us for a few hours, making sure my band was exactly what I was envisioning to go with my vintage ring. Along the way, the staff made great suggestions, showed endless patience, and allowed us to take our time. As a bonus, they even re-strung the pearls I plan to wear on my wedding day and always took the time to ask how wedding planning was going with genuine interest. We're already planning on meeting with them in the future to discuss possibly resetting my engagement ring.

Sent on 05/24/2017

Erin · Married on 05/28/2016

We had a wonderful experience with D'Errico when we started searching for my engagement ring. Kit was so sweet and helpful! She gave us a thorough explanation of the 5Cs in diamond shopping. She was very interested in hearing what I had in mind for the ring, and after showing her two different rings I had found on pinterest she said she would be able to combine the two designs in one. The end product was...and still is breathtakingly beautiful and unique! I couldn't be happier with my ring and the service we got at D'Errico. Needless to say, we'll be coming back for more!

Sent on 01/19/2016
  • patricia

patricia · Married on 05/02/2015

the quality of their jewelry are the best and they have a great selection.
    the person who help us was extraordinaire . :)

Sent on 06/21/2015

Stacey · Married on 08/24/2013

We worked with Kit when picking out our bands, she did a wonderful job showing us a BUNCH of wedding bands while being mindful of our budget. We picked 2 beautiful rings from D'errico and will definitely be back to purchase more pieces from them!

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • Steven

Steven · Married on 07/14/2012

This store has been doing my family's jewelry since they were only located in the Bronx. First, I went to them to get my engagement ring to stop turning on my hand. I didn't want a spacer on my ring because I don't like how it looks or feels. Instead they came up with the idea to add little balls on the inside of the ring that are not visible and did the job extremely well. For our wedding bands, they were able to find exactly what my husband wanted (not an easy task) and found the perfect solution for me. I had my grandmother's wedding band that was too small and they seamlessly expanded it. It looks absolutely perfect. They were also able to make me a plain companion band to match it beautifully. The people in the store recognize us each time we went in and the service is exceptional.

Sent on 07/31/2012

Nicole · Married on 12/31/2011

We had a wonderful experience choosing our rings at D'errico Jewelers. Sal guided us with the choices of metal for our rings and engravements. We also had the unique experience of watching our rings get sized, diamonds mounted and polished in the private area in the back of the store.

Sent on 01/18/2012

Kit was great. I had a charm custom made for my wife and it came out awesome. Better than I was expecting. I was really happy with the charm and staff. I would go back for more and recommend for others to go there also.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Erin · Married on 06/29/2013

I had my engagement ring resized here, as well as cleaned several times. They have provided excellent and speedy service every time I've been there. My ring looks brand new when they are finished with it!

Sent on 06/24/2013

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2009

3.8
      3.5

We chose to get our wedding bands here. The initial experience was fabulous and my now husband and I were thrilled with our choice. My band was not done when promised but was finished shortly thereafter. My husband relied on the expertise of the individuals there to get a ring with a great fit but, unfortunately, it does not and he'll have the ring re-sized when we return to the NY area. The rings fell a bit short of our expectations but I accept a lot of the responsibility for that as we were apparently not as clear as we should have been. Overall, we're happy with the quality and the price was very fair. I would definitely shop there again in the future.

Sent on 10/04/2009

Jennifer · Married on 07/17/2010

3.0

My fiance had purchased my engagement ring at D'Errico. Because the people were nice (and because jewelers in Westchester are somewhat scarce), we really tried to show some customer loyalty and were committed to purchasing our wedding rings there. Frankly, I don't think our customer loyalty was really rewarded... either in price or service.

I found a ring I liked in the Diamond District downtown and brought a photo to D'Errico, asking them to replicate it. The ring came out similar but not exactly the same as what I showed them. The ONLY vendor for which we went over our budget (nearly 3x over) was our jeweler. For what we paid, I should have gotten EXACTLY what I wanted/asked for. I probably should've just bought it where I found it, which would have been much easier.

I recommended D'Errico to family members, and they also felt that -when it came to designing custom jewelry- communication about the final product led to a result that wasn't exactly what they had asked for. The result was costly... doing and redoing the piece. My sister had a simple diamond necklace redesigned there. It cost her $900 to rework it with no added materials (diamonds); she could've gotten a NEW diamond necklace at that price. p.s. The necklace chain has broken 4 times in 4 months.

I also had family heirloom jewelry repaired there prior to the wedding. Originally, I was quoted $30 for a very simple procedure. When I actually brought the jewelry in for repair, I was told it would be close to $260. Again, there wasn't great communication about what the final repair would look like and what my options were, and I was disappointed with the outcome. I feel like it's the jeweler's responsibility to say, "The best way to do it is __, and it would cost __. Another option is to do ___, which would be cheaper, but you might notice (for example) that the string doesn't hang as straight as it would if we did it the first way." Being the expert, the jeweler should give customers what they need to make an informed decision.

Owners (Sal and Rich) are VERY nice and DO put emphasis on good customer service, but if I were to use D'Errico again (not sure I would, frankly), I'd only deal with them.

Finally, we are NOT complainers. I was VERY happy with all of my other vendors for the wedding, but I have to be honest and say that I didn't feel like our customer loyalty was rewarded at D'Errico. We gave them a LOT of business, and they really did very little to keep our business.

Sent on 08/10/2010