Delish Makeup Artistry Reviews

25 Reviews for Delish Makeup Artistry

• cmkodama

Caroline · Married on 11/03/2018

Organized and Down to Earth

Heather was so great to work with. She is a great communicator and worked with me to fit all the girls' services into our timeline for the wedding day. It was tight, but she helped us make it work! Heather set us up with Moana (hair) and Ren (make-up). Both girls were on time to our getting-ready-venue, and did such a wonderful job. The bridal party had so much fun, and loved how their looks turned out. Thank you so much to Heather, Moana, and Ren for pampering us on my sister in law's wedding day. You made it extra special!

Norielys · Married on 06/22/2017

Heather was amazing; she is down to earth and confident. I have difficult curly hair and she was able to tame the beast hehe. My makeup and hair was flawless, not only when she finished but through out the ceremony and reception. She did my mom's hair and makeup, and the MOH's makeup, they looked gorgeous. Heather showed up on time, was flexible and was able to finish everyone on time for pictures. I compared Heather's prices to other vendors when I was trying to choose a vendor, and she delivered quality job for a fair price. I loved her job and I am very pleased to have chosen her to take care of our hairs and makeup.
    Nori

Vanessa · Married on 11/19/2016

Heather did an amazing job and was a blast. She made everyone feel comfortable and was flexible despite how busy she is. We got ready in a house we had rented with a crazy driveway we didn't know about and she drove out in her Audi on a spare tire and never once grumbled! (I feel horrible!) I would definitely use her again.

Shirley · Married on 10/02/2016

Heather is the best! I booked with her less than 2 months before my wedding, and she is very responsive on all our communications before our destination wedding trip. For the rehearsal makeup and hairstyle appointment, she give me really good suggestions based my styles and look, and everybody loved my makeup and hair on my wedding day! I just got my wedding video, and I look wonderful on it! Highly recommend her!

Heather is a wizard! She is seriously magical! She did my hair and makeup for our wedding at Aulani. My hair looked fabulous! I emailed her some photos ahead of time and she recreated the looks perfectly with the hair flowers we had provided. She didn't mind at all that we had an evening ceremony so it was kind of late in the day.

I don't normally wear a lot of makeup so when I first saw her work on my face I thought it was a little heavy, but she did not steer me wrong! Not to toot my own horn, but I look fabulous in our wedding photos! And I got so many compliments, and I know it wasn't just cause I was the bride! She seriously made me looks fresh, flawless, and radiant!

While we were getting photos done at Aulani, twice some little girls tried to get their photos with me thinking I was a Disney princess! One even said "there's no line!" haha! Heather really made me look and feel like a Disney princess!

Bonus! She even laced me into my corset-backed dress since no one else knew how to do it! I was so grateful!

Heather was great to talk to and so much fun!

Lari · Married on 10/02/2015

Not only is Heather a talented make-up and hair artist, but she is so much fun! I couldn't have asked for a better experience on my wedding day! It was the best day of my life, and Heather was a huge part of it. She is so supportive and flexible. Her genuine and fun-loving personality is one of the many qualities that make her unique. Heather did such an amazing job and I will forever be thankful to her. Mahalo from the bottom of my heart Heather for making me so beautiful on the most important day of my life. All my love, Lari

Susan · Married on 09/05/2015

Planning my destination wedding I had the daunting task of booking a hair and makeup artist knowing I would not have time for a trial. Heather had so many wonderful reviews I knew I would be in good hands with her. I was so happy with Heather’s work and how everyone turned out. I hired Heather for bridal hair and makeup, two bridesmaids hair and make up, my mother-in-law’s hair, and my mother’s makeup. Heather gave me exactly what I wanted and our look lasted all day and night for my outdoor, super humid, super hot wedding.

Kasie · Married on 08/21/2015

My wedding was a destination wedding, so me finding Delish Makeup was all based on reviews and hunches from emails we wrote back and forth. Heather is very prompt at responding and made me feel very taken care of. The day that she finally met at my hotel was the day that I got married and I couldn't have been happier to have had her as my makeup/hair person. She made me and my bridal party feel at ease and joked with us and talked with us. She also had her own team of help which were also very professional.

I gave her a small description of what I wanted, and she filled in the rest with her expertise. We all looked wonderful that day and most importantly,Moshe delivered what I wanted. Heather and her team at Delish is definitely worth it. No regrets here :)

Czarina · Married on 08/08/2015

My bridesmaids were absolutely beautiful and the moms were stunning. I could not have been happier with everything. As the bride, I felt that it was everything I every wanted, absolutely perfect. My make up was not heavy at all and it lasted all night. It was elegant, romantic and fresh. It really made me feel fabulous. The photos came out even better. Thank you Heather! You got some skills girl!

Kelly · Married on 04/04/2015

I would highly recommend Heather to any future Bride!! Heather did the most AMAZING job on hair & make up for myself and 3 bridesmaids. I live in a wet and humid town on the Big Island of Hawaii...it even drizzled a bit during the ceremony. However, through all of that and dancing until 11:00pm, everything looked and stayed great. This is after she started in the morning!! She asked how each one of us usually wore our hair/makeup and just kicked it up a notch. None of us was "overdone".
    Mahalo Heather, have a wonderful year in 2015~The Muragins

Lauren · Married on 01/15/2015

Heather is AMAZING!! If you are looking for the perfect makeup and hair on your wedding day and want to look like the most beautiful bride on the planet I would highly recommend Heather.
    I am very particular with my makeup and hair and not knowing where to start, as we were travelling from Sydney Australia for our destination wedding in Hawaii, I was so impressed after meeting Heather for my trial. Heather is the utmost professional, who listened to exactly the look I was after for my special day and delivered beautiful results.
    Heather also did the hair and makeup for the mother of the groom, my best girlfriend and 2 flower girls and everyone loved how they looked.
    We had lots of fun and laughs along the way on the wedding day, and absolutely no stress as everyone was put at ease by Heathers lovely personality.
    The makeup translated beautifully in our wedding photos and we even had guests staying at the hotel ask if we were models in a fashion shoot or was it a real wedding?
    If you are looking for a makeup & hair artist I would highly recommend Heather at Delish Makeup Artistry, if I didn’t live so far away in Sydney I would use Heather's services for any special event ... very talented lady and the utmost professional.

Leo · Married on 09/09/2014

We hired Heather to do hair and makeup at our wedding as she had been recommended to us by our wedding planners. We were so glad they did as Heather was so nice, so much fun and most importantly did a fantastic job! She came to our hotel room a couple of days before the wedding for a practice run and was full of great ideas.

Thank you very much for a top job Heather!

Christina · Married on 05/25/2014

Heather and Nicole did our hair and make up. They are super friendly and flexible. Heather made my hair and make up exactly the way I wanted. She is patient and really fun to work with! I showed her photos of what I liked and she just gets it! Highly recommend Delish!!

Alli · Married on 11/12/2013

Heather came highly recommended to my from my wedding planner. I had told my planner that I wanted a "crazy, maybe covered in tattoos, funky" sort of hairstylist/makeup artist. I am not a typical bride, and I wanted to have an edge. Meeting Heather on my rehearsal day was like love at first sight. Her personality totally jived with mine, and to be honest, as long as i looked decent, i would have been happy. HOWEVER, I looked amazing! I felt like a beautiful woman and if I ever win the lottery, sorry ladies, but I'm hiring Heather full time as a my glam squad. :)

You will not be disappointed. You will be floored. You will look like the gorgeous queen you always wanted to be.

• Melanie

Melanie · Married on 09/23/2013

Heather Heen did my hair & makeup for my wedding this past September, and I can't recommend her HIGHLY enough! I actually flew her over to the Big Island after being disappointed by the lack of quality makeup artists there. She came to my hotel room and did such an amazing job. To top it all of, she is an absolute doll! Even the hotel wedding coordinator was asking for her information to give to other brides. Thanks Heather for making me look my best on the best day of my life!

Pauline · Married on 06/07/2013

I had a destination wedding at Turtle Bay Resort. Heather did an amazing job on my hair & makeup! I absolutely loved it!! My makeup stayed on for the entire day & it was flawless! She even helped put on the hair flowers for my mom & bridesmaids. Thanks so much Heather for your awesome work! I highly recommend her. You won't regret it!

• Jaymie

Jaymie · Married on 09/09/2011

Heather "DELISH" did my hair and makeup for my wedding. I HIGHLY recommend her! She is AAAAMAZING! Because we had a destination wedding, and I only arrived 2 days before the wedding, i was crunched for time so i was unable to meet for a trial (which I was very nervous for). But, I hoped and prayed that everything would turn out well, and it DID! The hairstyle i wanted looked exactly how i wanted (i had a picture) and the makeup was FLAWLESS. and to top it off, she was very very sweet! She clicked very well with myself and my bridesmaids. She was also kind enough to fit my matron of honor in for her hair and makeup (even though we didn't make an appointment for her, luckily there was more than enough time)

DELISH was amazing, she made me feel and look beautiful on the most special day of my life! thank you sooo much!

Jessi · Married on 07/22/2011

Heather Rocks! Absolutely use her services and you will not regret it! She's incredible!

Jenn · Married on 07/01/2011

Delish Makeup Artistry provided the makeup and hair for my wedding -- me (bride), my mom, mother in law, 6 bridesmaids, and some light hair styling for my flower girl. They were, by far, the best decision I made for my wedding. I had a couple of fabulous vendors, and unfortunately, one very very disappointing vendor. Delish provided the best service and "product" from day one. I have told everyone I know about them -- from my wedding coordinator to my venue, to each of my newly engaged friends.

I was recommended to Delish by a friend who used her for her wedding and was very happy with the work they did -- and, I can attest that my girlfriend truly looked STUNNING. I am quite familiar with other makeup artists and although I was satisfied with work they have done for me for previous other weddings, never before have I been so blown away by my makeup or hair. I ended up hiring Delish for the makeup and hair for my engagement shoot, my wedding, and my post-wedding family portrait session and I can't explain how amazing they are, and their very reasonable pricing was the icing on the cake, especially for me, a very very budget-conscious bride.

I never thought my bridal makeup could be natural and sexy at the same time, but Delish did it for me. I LOVE smoky eyes and not that "fairy princess" look, and somehow Heather was able to give me a classic, elegant, natural and glamorous look for my wedding. It was just perfect. Each of my bridesmaids and my mom and MIL looked like a dream. And on top of doing amazing makeup and hair, Delish came out at 6 am to our hotel 1 hour from town. They were so easy going about EVERYTHING and it was a pleasure having them around during the hours before my wedding. Everything lasted perfectly that I didn't even have to use the emergency kit they gave me. I only reapplied my lip gloss. When, after my honeymoon, I actually got around to looking at what they had supplied, I was shocked at their thoughtfulness and generosity.

I'm not one to write reviews, but by not writing about the Delish makeup team, I feel that I would be doing a disservice to Hawaii brides. They transformed me and my entire bridal party into beauties. I would never hesitate to hire them again or recommend them to the even the most discerning bride.

• W

Tiana · Married on 01/08/2011

I had a difficult time choosing a makeup artist for my wedding because I wanted everything to be perfect, and there were so many choices. I finally decided on Heather and her team from Delish Makeup Artistry. I am so glad I did. The team was professional, friendly and made me feel like I was a star. At the last minute I needed to change the location that my party and I were getting ready at. Delish Makeup artistry accomodated this change without hestitation. They were even around before and after the ceremony for touch ups. Delish Makeup artistry really knows what they are doing and worked hard to make sure that I (and my wedding party) felt and looked beautiful.

Sarah · Married on 11/17/2012

Heather did my wedding makeup in November. I was very happy with what she did, it looked great (and I'm usually pretty picky). She's a relaxed, easy to get along with person and I'm happy to have met her.

• W

Nancy · Married on 03/03/2012

Great vendor to use and she and her team does a great job. Only complaint is she can be sometimes slow on responses, but she is still faster than most vendors. She was on time for all the appointments I booked her for (the trial session and the 6am session on the day of the wedding). We ran slightly late on the day of the wedding, but in the end it worked out really well. I would have preferred her to bring in another assistant (she only brought in one when she said she would be able to bring in two), to ensure everything went as fast as possible on the day of, but as I said, everything worked out. In terms of how she did on the hair and makeup quality, she and her assistant were fantastic, although one of the flowers in my hair fell out during the wedding and I had to get my maid of honor to fix it.

Julie · Married on 10/03/2015

4.2
      3.0

Heather was so easy and comfortable to work with. She did a fantastic job on all of our make-up (4). She gave us great tips on the windward side as far as places to visit. I would definitely recommend her to anyone for a special event in hawaii.