Delicious Designs Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• I
    Ingrid M. Married on 08/28/2021

Dessert Bar Perfection

Working with Leigh Anne has been great. As a small business owner, she has a lot on her plate and sometimes it’s easy to forget she has to do it all. The beginning of our communication started with an email to her website. After we exchanged a couple of emails, we had a phone call to discuss details of the dessert bar and cake options. While on a call, Leigh Anne shared how much of each item we needed and how big of a cake we needed based on our expected guest count.

After we made the selection of desserts to have, we got a tasting box of cake flavors. Leigh Anne asked us to make a few cake flavor selections from her website and she would prepare a box for me to pick up. Due to COVID she isn’t doing in person tasing appointments.

Come the day of our wedding Leigh Anne and her team set up the dessert bar. We got nothing but compliments on all of the desserts, especially the Cheesecake Cups with Raspberry coulis.

I enjoyed working with Leigh Anne and would recommend Delicious Designs for any of your cake or dessert bar needs.
  • Kylie
    Kylie K. Married on 08/07/2021

Beautiful and Delicious!

Leigh Anne is one of the sweetest people to work with! She made the cake for our wedding a few weeks ago and it was exactly what we wanted! It was beautiful and delicious. Leigh Anne was a pleasure to work with and very communicative throughout the whole process. I highly recommend Delicious Designs!
    Courtney W. Married on 10/11/2020

Truly delicious and beautiful designs!!

I was absolutely blown away by our cake. It was beautiful and delicious and Leigh Ann was an absolute delight to work with!!!!
    Nic G. Married on 01/18/2020

Great to work with

recently had a wedding and picked this baker through theknot.com and Leann has been amazing every step on the way. My wife and I gave a basic idea on the design of our cake and come the wedding day it was perfect. She’s now our go to baker!
  • Melissa
    Melissa D. Married on 09/01/2019

Delicious indeed

Beautiful, delicious cake and a super friendly, wonderful owner / baker.
    Marisa S. Married on 08/17/2019

Highly recommended -- beautiful AND delicious!

I literally cannot say enough good things about my experience with Delicious Designs. Our cake was beautiful AND delicious, and so were all the other amazing desserts Leigh Anne created for our dessert table. On top of all of that, Leigh Anne really went the extra mile, in a few different ways, to create something special and unique for us, and to make sure we got exactly what we wanted. I'm so happy we went with them - they made our wedding day extra sweet and beautiful.
  • Sheri
    Sheri C. Married on 06/22/2019

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

I loved working with Delicious Designs. They let us do a free cake testing and sold us right away. Leigh Anne was an absolute sweetheart, and I plan to commission another cake from her for our first anniversary (we didn't freeze the top layer, that's gross). We told her how we envisioned our cake, and she created one that exceeded my expectations. It was also delicious, as advertised! (The fresh cake was also better than at the tasting, so keep that in mind.)

I would highly recommend her. She was so easy to work with, and I felt good giving her my business.
  • Jill
    Jill Married on 04/13/2019

Leigh Ann was a joy to work with from start to finish!

Leigh Ann was a joy to work with from start to finish! The private tasting takes place in her beautiful bakery, and she has so many wonderful flavors, it was hard to pick! We ended up going with three different flavors: two for each tier of the cake and one for the sheet cake. She was always available, very organized and responded quickly when we had any questions, and was very communicative leading up in the last few weeks before the wedding. We are counting down until we can pull our anniversary cake out of the freezer and enjoy her baking again!
    Rebecca Married on 09/08/2018
    From the first conversation, Leigh Anne was a pleasure to work with. She responed quickly to my questions and needs. We were to pick the cake and cupcakes up from "Delicious Desgns", it was a hot day, Leigh Anne not only boxed the cake for safe traveling but made sure it would stay cool for the 5 hours before cutting! The cake was beautiful, but most importantly, it was the best tasting wedding cake ever! People were commenting on the flavors and textures, wanting to know who had made this cake! I could not have been happier, start to finish, Leigh Anne did the best job possible! Make your cake worry free with, "Delicious Designs", you will be happy you did!
  • Amy
    Amy F. Married on 09/01/2018

Yummy cake from lovely people!

Leigh Anne and her team are fantastic, truly. Leigh Anne made us beautiful and yummy cakes and cupcakes, and she is one of the most joyful people I've ever met. I absolutely recommend her without any hesitation.
    Ashley Married on 06/09/2018

Amazing Cake!

Leigh Anne is an extremely professional and amazing baker. She made our wedding cake last year and just made my anniversary cake. We loved every one of the cakes we tasted. She was very accommodating and her work was amazing.

Everyone loved the cake and we were just as happy with the anniversary cake. We will be using Delicious Designs again for future cakes.
    Kathleen Married on 04/26/2018
    Delicious! Had a unique cake idea and cupcakes. They were so easy to work with. And the cake was amazing to look at and eat! I will use them again and again for any cakes I may need!
    Lauren Married on 04/21/2018
    Delicious Designs creates the most delicious treats I've ever tasted! The owner was a delight to work with - one of the most kind and genuine women I've ever known. She went above and beyond for us on our wedding day. We will not order cakes, cupcakes, or cookies from anywhere else after working with Leigh Anne at Delicious Designs! Since our wedding, she has also made birthday cupcakes for our daughter and also cakes for my coworkers birthday parties! She has such an incredible variety of flavors and a passion for baking. She even made our daughter her very own cupcake for our wedding reception!! I recommend her to everyone. She worked with us on payments and helped us figure out the best options to fit in our budget. As far as design, she did all the work! We just gave her a basic idea of what we liked, and she made us a cake beyond what we could've ever dreamed. She's the best, and I'm so grateful she came into our lives!
    Ashley Married on 03/31/2018
    Leigh Anne was so awesome! Her cakes are the best thing your lips ever tasted. Our wedding cake came out everything we wanted it to and more!
    Morgan Married on 11/04/2017
    Leigh Anne is amazing. We knew instantly at our tasting appointment that she was our wedding cake maker. The most exciting part was getting to simply choose which cakes we wanted to taste and test at our appointment.

She had everything laid out perfectly and super cute on the plates for my wife, myself and two of our close friends to try. After sampling flavors and working through how to make everything pop with Leigh Anne we knew exactly what we wanted at the wedding. We also were able to decide on cupcakes and cake as the way to serve those delicious flavors to our guests.

However, as luck would have it, we decided to change some flavors just before the wedding. Leigh Anne, was not worried one bit, changed the one cake tier we were plotting a change on and never showed an ounce of concern about getting things done. She is a true professional and made everything work just how we wanted.

She also delivered the cakes to the reception and saved us the worry of dropping something and ruining the day. She made sure everything looked perfect and not only that, the cake and cupcakes were amazing. The main flavor was lemon and blueberry which is basically the best thing ever in case you needed to test out a flavor.

We highly recommend Leigh Anne for wedding cakes, birthday cakes, random Tuesday desserts, etc. She may not be the cheapest at times, but she makes amazing cakes and you'll know every penny was worth it.
    Ashley Married on 09/22/2017
    Leigh Anne is amazing! I live in Virginia and was planning our wedding from afar and she made the process so smooth! She was very attentive and made a perfect two tier naked cake for us, and two sheet cakes! We got red velvet and a strawberry flavor, and they were a huge hit! It also looked beautiful and she added a silver coloring to it per my request, and then added some florals from the florist to it. It was perfect! Even before the wedding day she offered that once we or family was in town we could still do a tasting if we wanted. She was so flexible and we so appreciate all that she did for us. Guests were ranting and raving all night long!
  • User3311974 2+ years ago
    Leigh Anne and her team at Delicious Designs are amazing! They made our cake and cupcakes for our wedding and did cake pops for our wedding favors this past summer. Everything looked beautiful. Our guests raved about the flavors for weeks!

I also recently ordered a birthday cake for my husband and everyone wanted seconds of cake. We can’t wait for our next excuse to order from Delicious Designs. You won’t be disappointed!!
  • Malia
    Malia Married on 06/16/2017
    I can't say enough about how much I love Delicious Designs. Leigh did an absolutely wonderful job with my wedding cake and cupcakes. They were all the rage at my wedding. Seriously. People were putting cupcakes in boxes to take home after they had already eaten several. We don't have the top to the wedding cake any more because it was so good we ate it the next day. My husband and I were on a budget and Leigh worked wonders with what we could afford. My mom and I made several other desserts for the dessert table and Leigh incorporated them beautifully with her creations. I would highly, highly recommend her for your wedding. You will be very happy!
    Danyelle Married on 02/19/2017
    Words cannot describe how fortunate I felt to work with Leigh Anne at Delicious Designs! She baked not only a small cutting cake, but helped us do cupcakes as well for our wedding in February. I had a really hard time convincing myself that any cupcake was worth more that $3 because every cupcake I tasted around Reno was just so dry and I felt I could make better cupcakes at home myself... that was until I tried Delicious Designs. I was sold the minute I tried her salted caramel cupcakes, in fact I dreamt about them up until my wedding because they were so amazing. We also had her make the champagne buttercream mini-cupcakes for our rehearsal lunch (as that was my second favorite flavor) and everyone raved about them. Other than her amazing treats, Leigh Anne is so professional and such a genuinely warm-hearted individual that will work with you for whatever you need. In fact, if I ever needed cupcakes or a cake for any other event I wouldn't consider using anyone else. You cannot go wrong with Delicious Designs!
    Lauren Married on 10/01/2016
    Leigh Anne, the owner of Delicious Designs Reno, was beyond creative when creating our wedding cake. I told her my likes and dislikes and she created the most beautiful, elegant cake I could have ever dreamed of. She's professional and easy to work with! My cake needs are forever met!
    Nicole Married on 07/02/2016
    Leigh Anne, the owner and baker for Delicious Designs, is amazing. She went above and beyond to make our wedding cake and cupcakes perfect. Her enthusiasm for baking great desserts is unparalleled. She was extremely flexible and even spent extra time creating some new delicious flavors for us. We highly recommend Leigh Anne for a flawless end of your big day/all the magic in the world experience.
    Amber Married on 06/18/2016
    Leigh Anne was so creative, and our dessert table turned out PERFECT. We got so many compliments on how good everything was. I would highly recommend Delicious Designs for any special occasion! I know I will definitely be going to her again!
    Alicia Married on 06/18/2016
    Leigh Anne was an absolute pleasure to work with. From our initial consultation and tasting to the final product of our wedding cake, she exceeded all expectations. We had gone to other cake tasting and when we found delicious designs, we knew it was the right fit. Her cakes are fresh and very yummy. We chose a strawberry and cream cake and lemon cake with blueberries. Our design was a barely naked cake or as we called it "scantily clad" with some light watercolor and sugar flowers. She helped me surprise my groom with his own chocolate grooms cake as well. I cried when I saw our reception reveal and saw the cake. It was a work of art and simply beautiful. Oh and it tasted AMAZING!! Thank you Leigh Anne for making all our cake dreams come true!
  • User2645238 2+ years ago
    The calendar tasting was amazinglying fun. Leigh Ann allowed us to pick several flavors to taste. She had water and sparkling wine available. She ensured she had a good idea of what you wanted for your cake, accommodating requests and providing suggestions also. Our cake was beautiful and tasted amazing!
    Lisa Married on 05/14/2016
    Great work and my cake was delicious!