Delaware Art Museum Reviews

12 | Wilmington, DE

12 Reviews for Delaware Art Museum

12 Delaware Art Museum Reviews

Brandi · Married on 07/08/2018

My ceremony at the Delaware Art Museum in the beautiful labyrinth will be something my guest and I reflect on for many years to come. The beautiful scenery looked like something you would find in a painting on the wall inside of the museum. Ceremony seating is often times difficult to execute because the larger the number of guests, the harder it is for guests to have what they would consider a good seat. In the labyrinth, every seat was the best seat in the house!

While the location in itself was above our expectations, the service really took our experience to the next level. Following our ceremony, we had a cake reception in which the staff made sure my guests were hydrated and could enjoy a snack before heading to the reception. Even when we experienced small technical difficulties before the ceremony began, Delaware Art Museum staff worked immediately to solve our issues and did not hesitate to be on standby the remainder of my event.

On top of all this, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the event coordinator, Lauren McMahon. Her amazing ideas, patience and willingness to make this day special will be the reason I come back to the Delaware Art Museum for my next celebration. She made it clear from our first communication that she would do whatever was in her power to make our day special and my husband and I truly believe she went above and beyond to do just that.

Delaware Art Museum 1
    Delaware Art Museum 2

Sage · Married on 05/20/2017

Lauren & the wonderful art museum staff:
    Ben and I do not even know where to start in thanking you for how perfect and beautiful you made our wedding day!
    Lauren – you made the entire process easy which was so much appreciated with our crazy schedules. You are an amazing woman and we are so honored to have met you and I find myself missing you since we don’t email daily any longer.
    Staff – you were perfect the day of the event. The bartenders could not have gotten more compliments. Servers were impeccable and everything was set op flawlessly.
    A million thanks and hoping our paths cross again!
    Ben and Sage

Anne · Married on 04/22/2017

We has our wedding on 4/22 at the Art Museum. I could not have asked for a better experience. I knew we were in the right hands the moment I met with the Catering Sales Manager. She made me feel wonderful, she was open to my questions and suggestions and she was extremely helpful with all aspects of the wedding, from the food to the goodies in the bathroom. I would not want to have my wedding anywhere else. The ambiance was unbeatable and the food and drinks were top notch. We have no complaints and I really hope to be invited to a wedding at this venue in the future so I can enjoy it as a guest. Thanks Lauren and Toscana, we love you guys!

Rebekah · Married on 06/21/2014

Our wedding at the Delaware Art Museum was beyond perfect! Everything from the set up of the tables, linens, to the help with our candy buffet and the politeness of the servers! And Liz Derosier was wonderful!!! Our image of our day was made wonderful and special. Our guests raved about the food (which can be rare at weddings) and enjoyed themselves to the last moment. We were told the Labyrinth was "magical" and we could not have had a more beautiful venue for our day. Thank you for helping us make our day memorable.

Jennifer · Married on 05/10/2014

The Delaware Art Museum was a wonderful place to have our wedding reception. The venue itself is great not only because of the art, but the grounds of the art museum are beautiful and make for beautiful photographs. The food is excellent, Liz is a phenomenal event planner, and it was an overall wonderful time. They are very accomodating and the price is reasonable. I would highly recommend the art museum for your wedding reception!

Katie · Married on 11/03/2012

Great venue and fantastic food. Liz was really great and super helpful! I would definitely reccomend the art museum for your reception!

Katie · Married on 06/02/2012

Working with DAM, especially Liz, was fabulous right from the beginning. Liz was willing to answer all of our questions upfront, schedule several walk-throughs before we signed a contract and even let us sample some of the appetizers before we made a decision. My fiance's main concern was the food, so this last point officially sold us. The food was fantastic. In fact, people are still talking (almost a year later) about the cocktail hour and how amazing the food was. Seriously. Beyond that, the venue was absolutely gorgeous and Liz (and the rest of the staff) was flexible and responsive. Liz was extremely patient with me and quick to rely to emails (which were frequent), giving me helpful answers. There's no way I could have planned my wedding without her help. She even went the extra mile and lent me her easel to use for our escort cards. From the excellent planning and service, to the ease of choosing reception options (with all sorts of extras built in), to the beauty of the venue (several outdoor options), and the quality of the food, I was thrilled with the Delaware Art Museum. Happiest day of my life so far and people are still raving about it!

Jennifer · Married on 04/30/2011

The Delaware Art Museum was such a great venue! From the start we had such an amazing experience working with Liz Derosier. She helped us create the wedding we had invisioned. The price point was an excellent value for the quality of service, the amazing food, flowers, cake, beauty of the venue and the flexibilty with setup. Liz was very responsive with not only me, but also with my family to ensure certain traditions could be arranged and my other vendors. We were able to attend a tasting event that gave us a chance to see how our reception would be, which was fantastic! And on our wedding day, Liz made sure everything went smoothly, if there was any kind of hiccup, I was unaware because she was there to handle it all. We had such an amazing wedding day and the Delaware Art Museum played a huge part in the overall awesomeness of our day. I would highly recommend the Delaware Art Museum as a venue, it's a hidden beauty in Delaware and you will enjoy working with Liz. We look forward to having our anniversary celebration there in the future!

Navanjali · Married on 07/03/2010

I cannot say enough about how pleased we were with Liz Derosier and the Delaware Art Museum. We planned our wedding in two months, and had very specific requests, as we had a traditional Indian ceremony. Liz made certain that all of our requests were accommodated (including a very specific ethnic menu), and was always available for questions. She was open to handling things in a unique and creative manner, and our wedding and reception were memorable and fantastic. The Delaware Art Museum was very flexible, while many venues often are not. Our cake was created by the pastry chef affiliated with the DAM, and was the best cake I had tasted of all of our cake tastings. The cake was crafted beautifully from my own personal drawing and design, and the flavors were created to our own preference. We are greatful to the DAM and Liz Derosier for all of her patience, accommodations, support in our creative and crazy ideas, and for the wonderful memories that we have of our marriage.

Andrea · Married on 06/20/2010

This is the most beautiful venue I could imagine, and all of my guests thought the same! Also, Liz was a pleasure to work with.

Julie · Married on 07/30/2010

I loved the venue, unique and beautiful! Working with the event coordinator, Liz, was great, she was responsive and helpful. We were planning the wedding from out of town and Liz worked with our busy schedule so that we could visit the art museum several times while planning the wedding. And Liz was able to accommodate us interviewing DJ's at the venue. It was very convenient that they provide catering and a flower package as well. We were very pleased with the whole experience. The price point was great, especially given the beautiful venue and delicious food. And we have great photos from inside and outside of the venue. If you are getting married in the Wilmington area, definitely check it out.