Delaplaine Arts Center Reviews

Delaplaine Arts Center 5
Delaplaine Arts Center 6
Delaplaine Arts Center 7

Connie · Married on 06/09/2018

What a great venue! We had both our ceremony and reception at the Delaplaine and they both were perfect! With the venue being an art museum, we didn’t need to do a lot of decorating as the art was the decor. Marilyn and her staff are pros... Marilyn has great attention to detail and very good recommendations. She supplied us with a list of vendors for everything we needed. She has a large choice of centerpiece supplies, which she is more than happy to share. She orchestrated the making of our centerpieces and they were beautiful! All her recommendations regarding lighting and set up for the reception were spot on. They made the experience so enjoyable and seamless. They made our day a memorable one for sure! We highly recommend this venue.

Sent on 06/23/2018
    Delaplaine Arts Center 8
    Delaplaine Arts Center 9
    Delaplaine Arts Center 10

Ethan · Married on 06/11/2016

Incredible venue, we had a wonderful wedding here and were fully supported by the staff! They helped us bring our vision to life (in ways that saved us money), and their passion and creativity helped us make our wedding unforgettable. The location is beautiful, but the true brilliance came from Marilyn and Sydney who are nothing less than magicians. Would highly, highly, highly recommend!

Sent on 08/14/2016
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 08/29/2015

We celebrated our wedding at The Delaplaine Visual Art Center on August 29, 2015. After viewing the facility and meeting with Marilyn the decision was easy. Thought-out the year of planning Marilyn and her team made everything fall into place. Everyone that works and volunteers at the site have always been so pleasant to work with. We had our ceremony on the creek at the Amphitheater and everyone assisted with transitioning our guest from that area to the reception while we took pictures. Thanks again everyone for making our day seamless!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2015

Erin · Married on 11/29/2014

The Delaplaine was the perfect location for our wedding ceremony and reception. The staff helped us run a smooth and beautiful party, just like what we imagined. This was the perfect place to show off the city if Frederick to our out of town family and friends.

Sent on 12/14/2014

Sharon · Married on 10/05/2014

This was the ultimate venue for our wedding. Our ceremony was on Carroll Creek under a beautiful archway and the reception was inside. Our guests could look at the art galleries while we took photos. It was perfect for our 100-guest wedding. Marilyn and her staff took great care in setting up and decorating the hall for our glorious autumn day. This venue did all of the decor for us- we didn't have to worry at all!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/20/2014

My husband and I initially fell in love with the Delaplaine Visual Arts Center as our wedding venue based on its location. Working with Marilyn, we quickly learned just how much more the Delaplaine had to offer! Marilyn and her team went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely perfect. My husband and I were blown away by their attention to detail and willingness to help. We found the value of this venue was truly priceless and received countless compliments from our guests on our venue selection (from the staff to the art, the decorations to the location). Marilyn was extremely helpful and fun to work with. I believe it's because of her excellence that so many people choose the Delaplaine to host their weddings/parties/events. Plus, supporting the arts is always great!!

Sent on 10/03/2014

Anna · Married on 08/09/2014

Best choice we made, best people to work with and Marilyn is so hard working. It was set up great and she did so much that other venues wouldn't have done for us so we didn't have to worry about half as much on our wedding day.

Sent on 09/16/2014

Jackie · Married on 12/17/2011

I cannot say enough about my entire experience at The Delaplaine and with Marilyn Orsinger, the event coordinator there. She is a phenomenal person. She truly loves her job and will make every effort to make your wedding day exactly as you wish! I planned my wedding from TX and it was merely stress free with the held of Marilyn. My ceremony took place in the art gallery and it was extremely special. My reception took place in the event room. When I walked in for the first time, it was magical. Marilyn took it upon herself to ensure that my day was special. The Arts Center is inexpensive to hold your event (a few hundred dollars if you choose a day other than Fri or Sat). You are able to bring your own alcohol, which is a huge plus! Everything you need to have a unique, amazing, memorable wedding day is at The Delaplaine and I wish I could take Marilyn home with me!!!

Sent on 01/02/2012

Cynthia · Married on 08/29/2015

The venue is a hidden gem! Marilyn is absolutely wonderful and bursting with creativity that will add wonders to your event. Additional plus for the venue is you can select your own caterer.

Sent on 11/05/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/08/2019

Beyond Amazing in Many Ways

The Delaplaine was PERFECT for our wedding. Marilyn was a perfect contact: honest, dedicated, concise, and creative. She definitely dealt with my crazy ideas and requests and helped me execute. I really wanted to make sure all of our vendors were friendly and taken care of the day of and Marilyn knew and understood that naturally. The Delaplaine’s location on the creek in downtown Frederick has a wonderful reception space. It was so romantic and clean. For our ceremony we had the option of doing it in their indoor gallery or getting a permit for the creek. It was so nice to have a rain-option/plan b if we couldn’t do the ceremony outside. And because our ceremony was outside, we could have our cocktail hour in their gallery. Guests LOVED it and all art that wasn’t wedding appropriate (maybe a piece or two that I didn’t like) were hidden away. Anyway, Marilyn went above and beyond and I can’t thank her enough. If you want a wedding in Frederick, The Delaplaine should be a top contender. The space, what they offer, and their team, are a perfect combination.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Delaplaine Arts Center 17
    Delaplaine Arts Center 18
    Delaplaine Arts Center 19

Jennifer · Married on 08/30/2014

We held both our ceremony and reception at Delaplaine and couldn't be happier with our choice. Marilyn is amazing to work with and truly made the entire experience as stress-free as a wedding can be. There aren't a lot of layout options for the ceremony space, but their standard layout ensures that everyone can see the ceremony and there's ample walkways for everyone. The reception space is gorgeous with high ceilings, light wood floors... just a really cool space overall. You can donate your decorations and get a tax receipt, which helps cut down on the costs - not to mention the great things they have on-site already. Overall... an amazing day and I'm thrilled we chose to celebrate at Delaplaine.

Sent on 09/03/2014