DeJohn Davis Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Charlotte
    Charlotte Married on 10/05/2019

Simply the best!

Five stars doesn’t capture how wonderful Dejohn is. We originally met Dejohn during our engagement photos sessions and were blown away. He was passionate, professional, and knew his craft. My fiancé was extremely nervous because he had never taken professional pictures and did not know how to pose. However, Dejohn made us feel like professionals in front of the camera, with his warm encouragement and direction.

On my wedding day, Dejohn went above and beyond to make sure our photos came out flawlessly. He even helped out escorting me around to make sure no one saw me before they were suppose to. Throughout the reception, Dejohn was consistently taking photos, while mingling with the guests. Hiring Dejohn was one of the best decisions I made and will use his services for any other professional photos we may need.
    Rashaun Married on 12/01/2018

5 Stars by far aren't enouch

Dejohn and his team are simply amazing! They are passionate, pleasant, & very professional. My wedding day was cold and rainy and I was sure that everything was going to be ruined. Well before the wedding Dejohn kept reassuring me that everything would be perfect and beautiful and that it was! He has an eye for capturing the most beautiful shots! Aside from his talent his positive energy is so refreshing, especially on a day such as a wedding where it's so easy to get stressed out! I would highly recommend DeJohn and we are looking forward to having him capture many more special moments in our lives.
    Erin Married on 11/30/2018

Exhilarating

Dejohn gives such an incredible experience. He envisions the most beautiful scenes and understands how to incorporate his clients. His photos tell a story and every one of them is beautiful.
    Alexis Married on 04/07/2018
    It was a great experience working with DeJohn for my past April Wedding. He made the entire process enjoyable, natural, and fun! Communication was consistent, effective, and efficient. Loved working with him and can't wait for future photo sessions with him!
    Alicia Married on 10/07/2017
    Dejohn did an amazing job as our wedding photographer. He was prompt, responsive, creative and our photos turned out beautifully. We trusted his vision and he far exceeded our expectations. We can’t say enough about his professionalism, and we have already referred him to numerous friends and family members.
    Amber Married on 07/30/2017
    Where do I begin? DeJohn is absolutely amazing. We couldn't be happier we chose him to capture the most amazing day of our lives. DeJohn also captured our engagement shoot. He is a special talent. Everyone that sees our photos raves about his work. He is extremely professional and goes above and beyond to capture breathtaking moments you will cherish forever. We will continue to use DeJohn to capture our most important lifetime moments in the future. Thank you DeJohn!
    Tiffany Married on 07/29/2017
    There was a lot happening personally around the time of my wedding and Dejohn was nothing short of the epitome of grace and professionalism. Despite the fact that it rained the weekend and day of my wedding (initially planned for an outdoor ceremony, but turned indoor), he kept close watch outside and ensured that we caught the good side of the storm for our photos. Our wedding photos came out amazing. I would (and do) recommend him to ANYONE I care about who needs a photographer who genuinely cares not just about the photo but the full picture. Kudos to Dejohn and his team. - Tiffany
    Sylvia Married on 09/24/2016
    DeJohn was warmly recommended by our wedding planner Angie--and he was so amazing, flexible, and hard-working he deserved all of her accolades! While planning a wedding from across the country, we were afraid of the difficulty of finding and vetting high-quality vendors, but DeJohn quickly put our fears to rest with his calm demeanor and willingness to work with our tight schedule. We ended up choosing a very reasonably-priced package that included day-of photos, an engagement shoot, and an extra hour of pictures at a bowling alley that night (chasing my dreams of wedding dress bowling!)

DeJohn was so fun and easy to work with for our engagement photos--he suggested a beautiful local venue, guided us through poses that looked natural and fun for us, and rushed to process hundreds of pictures in only a few days so that we could have them for our wedding. Throughout the whole process he was cheerful and calm and very accommodating! Our engagement photos were much beloved by all our family, and made a great accent on the big day.

At the wedding, DeJohn and his partner took literally THOUSANDS of fantastic pictures: action shots, posed portraits, reception shots, the works. I love how bright and cheerful the pictures look: they perfectly capture the best parts of the day. (As a side note, my family was really charmed by DeJohn's warm personality and dedication to his work--several people made a special effort to tell me how kind and hard-working and awesome my photographer was!)

Our wedding was honestly a marathon, starting early in the morning and then ending in the late hours of the night at a bowling alley, but DeJohn stuck with us all day with a smile and documented every thing about the day that I loved. I feel like I could not possibly have made his job harder, and he could not possibly have done it better. I recommend him without reservation!!!
    Lavelle Married on 08/13/2016
    I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. DeJohn was a great decision for our wedding photography! Our pictures were fantastic and he did such a wonderful job capturing our entire wedding day. DeJohn was a joy to work with as he was very professional, flexible, and accommodating throughout the entire process. I would absolutely recommend DeJohn Davis Photography to anyone who is looking for a wonderful, talented, and professional photographer!
    Anitha Married on 07/09/2016
    Loved Dejohn's work on our big day. He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy with our day.
    Porsha Married on 04/09/2016
    Dejohn's work and attitude was very amazing. He came to our home prior to our "house wedding" to get the layout. He arrived early the day of our wedding and really captured some great intimate shots. Friends whom couldn't attend the wedding didn't even know we had a small home wedding and thought we were in a much bigger venue based on Dejohn's photos!!

We would highly recommend Dejohn for his professionalism, experience, and talent.

Porsha and Jonathan Smith
    Elaine Married on 02/27/2016
    The photography for my wedding is absolutely stunning. It really captures the love and happiness of our special day. The details in each of the shots and slide transitions are absolutely breathtaking. I am beyond pleased with the outcome and receive tons of compliments from family and friends. I highly recommend Dejohn Davis photography to anyone. You will not be disappointed. I will definitely be utilizing photography as our family continues to grow.
    Apoorva Married on 06/12/2015
    I used DeJohn's photography services for a full day fusion wedding. I cannot express how much I love how the pictures turned out. DeJohn is prepared, artistic, patient, courteous, and very flexible. He knew what he was doing on the day of and didn't need any help from my family or any of the guests. Also, I have a crazy big family that gets difficult to control ( especially at weddings). But, DeJohn's calm and collected nature made the photo-taking process so fun! I am currently recommending DeJohn's services to all my friends that are getting married in the DMV area next year! One of the best photographers out there, hands down.
    Desiree Married on 09/07/2013
    Goodness, my husband and I have so many good things to say about DeJohn. DeJohn was creative, patient, insightful, friendly, and enthusiatic when taking our engagement and wedding photos. He arrived extra early, well-groomed and dressed professionally in black and white, to capture each and every moment of our special day. During the ceremony, DeJohn was mindful of his placement when taking pictures, so that others could snap a shot of us as newly weds without him in the midst. DeJohn's timing was PERFECT...he literally photographed our beginning and endding adventures. Our guests LOVED DeJohn, because he was so personable and took shots of everyone in attendance, without taking the light off us. It was as if he had a clone...DeJohn took so many pictures that we will have memories for a lifetime!!! Oh and by the way, raw and edited versions of our pictures were phenomenal.