Dejanae Events Reviews

7 | Calumet City, IL

7 Reviews for Dejanae Events

• Charly Brown

Charly Brown · Married on 06/09/2019

HIGHLY Recommend Dejanae Events!

Dejanae Events LLC is the way to go! Desiree is truly a professional and a master at her craft. My husband and I’s wedding was on June 9, 2019 and Desiree and her team executed everything with true perfection and professionalism. Our wedding had a variety of moving pieces from photographers to videographers to our ceremony and reception locations being 40 minutes apart and other various logistical circumstances, to the various entertainment aspects we had at our reception from dance crews, to MCs to different drum lines, comedians, etc Desiree and her team handled everything on time and with true grace. Desiree not only ensured that my husband and I were comfortable throughout the day but looked out for our wedding party, parents, siblings, family etc. We both truly were stress free the entire day and we attribute all of that to Desiree and her team. Words don’t do enough justice but we HIGHLY recommend choosing Dejanae events as your wedding planner and/or day of coordinator! Thank you Desiree for everything! - The CharlyBrowns

Sent on 06/21/2019

Robyn · Married on 06/23/2017

Truly, there are not enough great things to say about Desiree Dent. When my husband and I met her in March 2016 to begin planning our June 2017 wedding, it was love at first sight. (We even cancelled a few other appointments we had with other wedding planners.) Desiree is kind, professional, responsive, experienced and very attentive to detail. We booked her 3-month-before package, which entailed getting a vendor list and several meetings in the months prior to our wedding. At each meeting, we were so impressed with all the details she thought of to make sure our wedding day was perfect. As part of our package, she also did a ton of heavy lifting behind the scenes, creating a detailed wedding day timeline and coordinating countless logistics with vendors. We were also really happy with her recommended vendor list and hired our florist, makeup artist, DJ, transportation company, and ceremony harpist from her. (All vendors did a fantastic job and we really liked hiring professionals who had worked together before.) We were really wowed when we saw our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. Of course, we had spoken with Desiree about what we wanted but to see it all executed so beautifully was magical.

One of the greatest things about hiring a wedding planner is that you get to sit back and simply enjoy spending time with your friends and family on your wedding day. Had we not hired Desiree, I'm convinced the day would have been far more stressful. Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding.

Sent on 07/19/2017

Kenyatta · Married on 09/06/2015

AMAZING! That’s the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Mrs. Desiree’ Dent- Moore of Deane Events! I would recommend Dejanae’ Events to any bride who is looking to have a stress free day with all their details carefully taken care of. Desiree’ did an amazing job focusing on every detail from start to finish. Just think, when I first met Desiree’, she gave me a run down of who she was and what she did. When I tell you she ran down everything so thoroughly, that I didn’t even have any questions because EVERYTHING was answered in her presentation! It was such a blessing to have Desiree’! I never once had to think about any logistics throughout the wedding process or answer one question about the wedding day plan. The only things throughout the wedding process I had to do was say yes, I want that, or no I don’t want that. Desiree did EVERYTHING!!! I was able to enjoy every second of my magical night and every second of my life being normal because Desiree’ had taken the time to ask me many questions about how I wanted everything to go and kept meticulous notes, so that on my wedding day all the big to the tiny decisions had been made and Desiree’ made sure they were carried out smoothly. She also did a great job recommending vendors since she has worked with so many great ones in the past. It can be very overwhelming choosing vendors and I can't say enough how helpful it was to be guided through it all. I am a pretty detailed person myself but there were many times Desiree’ would ask me how I wanted something to be or what time I wanted something to happen and I had never even thought about it. She leaves nothing up in the air, and catches everything and that is exactly what I was looking for in a wedding planner. But lets not stop there. Desiree’ is more than a “wedding planner’, she is my Olivia Pope. She was, my mentor, my motivator, my therapist, and my fixer of last minute mishaps. She was everything!!!! I cant tell you enough how much of a blessing it

Sent on 10/02/2015

Brandi · Married on 10/19/2013

I am forever grateful for Desiree and the DE team. My wedding day was everything I imagined it would be and more! Desiree is a true gem- her professionalism, and candid spirit is remarkable. She didn't just treat me like a "client," her heart was really in it and I felt her genuine desire to make 10.19.2013 the most amazing day of my life. I feel like I met a lifelong friend in Desiree. It's great to meet people who LOVE what they do. From our first meeting I entrusted Desiree to make my vision a reality and she did just that- I will always be glad I made that decision. Her patience & passion is admirable. Whatever blessings God has instore for Dejanae Events is everything they deserve! Onward & Upward!!!
    -Brandi Starks-Cook

Sent on 12/15/2013

Sumhr · Married on 03/09/2013

Desiree and her team are magnificent! Our day was perfect! The execution was exquisite. HIGHLY recommend Dejanae Events for your special day!!

Sent on 03/11/2013

julie · Married on 10/16/2010

Honestly, I have no idea what I would have done without Desiree and Vanessa. My day went as smooth as silk and I know it's because of them. They help you think about things that you never knew mattered on your big day. They make sure that every single one of your vendors is on the same page and timeline and makes sure that everyone is where they need to be. Professional, fun, friendly, wonderful...There aren't enough amazing adjectives I can say about the staff at Dejane. I highly highly recommend them to any bride. If you don't want to worry about A THING on your big day except having fun, hire Deajane immediately!!!

Sent on 11/02/2010

3.2
      2.5
      2.0

Desiree was my Day of Coordinator. From the start of my day things just went wrong. My makeup artist showed up an hour late and I'm and the one who called to inform her of this. The makeup artist was not told the correct time. This literally put us behind schedule.

One of the biggest issues and concern was that the wedding party bus at the wrong picture location!!!! By time this mistake was noticed it was to late. At the reception there was a lot of outside things going on but it would have been a good time to get these pictures done and as a coordinator she never initiated any of this. Which means, I have not one single picture with my wedding party. My guest table was not set up and the items were literally just sitting there and not taken care of us. At no time did I see much of Desiree and her staff throughout the wedding.

My wedding was a true hit because of the work I had put in and honestly think it could have been a lot smoother. I missed so may key things that you just can't get back as a bride and wedding party pictures is one of them. Not only that, even though we did a first look it would have been nice to have pictures at our reception venue. This didn't happen either and I'm not sure exactly what her staff was really doing. Pictures are very important and I just missed out!I would have liked for a team to be more visible and be my right hand person throughout my day, but I didn't get that. As a bride you shouldn't have to remember much of anything but I should have.

Sent on 02/03/2016