Deja Blu Variety Dance Band Reviews

67 | Denver, CO

67 Reviews for Deja Blu Variety Dance Band

Stephanie Randall · Married on 12/08/2018

Fantastic in Every Way

I hired Deja Blu at the last minute for a major event when our scheduled band backed out two weeks before our party. Liz was extremely professional, friendly, and accommodating. She jumped to work, assisted us in smoothing out all of the wrinkles in our planning, and had us at ease immediately. The band was AMAZING. They were friendly, fun, talented, and kept us dancing and having fun until we got run out of the venue. They even covered when other performers weren't punctual. Every request was met with consummate customer service and white glove treatment. I cannot recommend them highly enough. They aren't cheesy or campy. They are fantastic musicians and vocalists who are really great to spend an evening with. We loved them so much, I've already booked them for next year. I don't know why we'd use anyone else. Please don't look anywhere else if you want a real band with mad skills. This is your band. I promise. They are worth every penny.

Amy · Married on 09/29/2018

We hired this band to play at our wedding this past weekend, and they were incredible in every way possible. They took so much time to make sure they were aware of all the details of our entire day, and were great with communication, planning, and organization. In regard to their actual playing - they were AMAZING! They put on an even better show than we expected, and we went into it already knowing they would be great. They really surpassed our expectations in every way. All of our friends and family were on the dance floor up until the very last song, and even were shouting "encore" at the end because they didn't want it to stop. Our only regret from the entire night is not booking the band for a longer time period. We could have spent the entire night dancing with their music... they were just amazing.

Kristen · Married on 08/18/2018

This is the #1 band to have at your wedding! After much research we decided on Deja Blu and could not have been happier. Liz (manager/MC/lead singer) was the easiest person to communicate with throughout the wedding planning process. During the reception, there was always a full dance floor, even until around midnight when the band stopped. I had never seen so many people still dancing to the band at the end of an event before. Everyone loved the songs that the band played and kept saying what a great set list they had. During the ceremony, Billy (keyboardist) coordinated with my worship leader from church to lead a song. I highly recommend this band if you want to have a memorable night for everyone!

Cassie · Married on 08/11/2018

Deja Blu hit it out of the park. They were professional, responsive, reliable and, above all, had all our guests out on the dance floor for the entirety of the night! We have memories from the dance floor that will last a life time. Not only did I greatly appreciate their music skills, but they were extremely organized and went above and beyond to ensure that we didn't have to worry about a thing in regard to music and sound during the wedding. I couldn't recommend them more!

Annie · Married on 05/20/2018

This band made absolute sure that everyone was having fun. I LOVE to dance, they kept us dancing all night long. Many compliments afterward from our wedding guests on how great they were!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

I totally enjoyed getting to know you Annie and Johnston. Thank you for being so amazing to work with and for having such fun family and friends. This was truly a party to remember!

Elizabeth · Married on 11/18/2017

Liz and her band were amazing! She met with us ahead of time to make sure everything was perfect and professional. She emceed the event and kept all of our guests rocking all night long. We especially loved their male lead—he was even out on the floor during a spontaneous dance-off! It was also worth it to add the sax to the ensemble—great band!

Sent on 11/26/2017

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you so much Liz and Steve! I loved getting to know you last summer when we met for the first time. Such sweet stories of you, Steve and your little girls just brought tears when I met them. You are truly meant for one another. I wish you all the best!

Abigail · Married on 07/30/2017

Deja Blu was the highlight of our wedding for me. I know you are supposed to go around and talk to guests, but I just couldn't stay away from the dance floor. I highly recommend booking the full 7 person band, you will absolutely love them. They let my best friend from college hop on stage with them and sing a few songs. Just love them, I'd hire them over and over and over again. Thank you so much, Liz & crew!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Hi Abigail and Drew!
    Thank you so much for the kind words. It was such a pleasure getting to know you both. What a FUN wedding! From guest singers and those cowboy servers to Drew's hilarious stories of that darn trophy! What a night! All the best, Liz

A · Married on 07/30/2017

Deja Blu was the highlight of our wedding for me. I know you are supposed to go around and talk to guests, but I just couldn't stay away from the dance floor. I highly recommend booking the full 7 person band, you will absolutely love them. They let my best friend from college hop on stage with them and sing a few songs. Just love them, I'd hire them over and over and over again. Thank you so much, Liz and crew.

Alisa · Married on 07/08/2017

What can I say? These guys rock. They're fun, talented and were hands down one of the easiest vendors to work with (despite being such an integral part of our wedding). If they aren't already booked for your date, I would get down on one knee and ask them to be your wedding band. They play a broad range of everything, can learn pretty much anything, and are masters at all the classic wedding dance songs.

No joke—both during and after the wedding—about 50 of our guests came up to us and personally complemented the band and asked how we found them.

Thanks, DejaBlu, for an awesome performance and adding a bigger exclamation point to our big day!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you SO much Alisa and Anders. I loved getting to know you both and hearing your special story. Being part of your ceremony made me see that you two were meant to spend the rest of your lives together. I'm so happy for you both! I thought the dance floor was going to catch on fire there were so many of your guests enjoying the night. All the best and YES! I hope to see you again at one of your friend's weddings.

Barbara · Married on 06/17/2017

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band was the perfect band for my 60th Birthday party. The dance floor was alive all night!!! My friends and family all complimented on what a GREAT band!!! I had guests ranging in age from late 20's to 90 years old and everyone had a fabulous time! Liz worked with me on the songs and she put together a terrific 3 sets of music. I highly recommend Deja Blu Variety Dance Band for your wedding or special event party. You won't be disappointed!
    Barbara

Sent on 06/30/2017

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you SO much Barbara and Greg. I really enjoyed getting to know you and helping to plan such an amazing Arabian Themed party. The belly dancers, the Middle Eastern food and decor were by far, one of the most elaborate parties we have ever played. We are looking forward to playing your daughter's wedding next year! Thank you!

Michele · Married on 03/25/2017

Deja Blu was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding reception! They were absolutely amazing!! For our wedding day, my husband and I really wanted a band that could play a variety of music (new and old) and would keep the party going all night long. They definitely delivered! I can’t even count how many family members and friends raved over how much fun the band and dancing was throughout the night. We literally had to push people out the door at the end of the night because no one wanted to stop! When we first met with Liz to talk about booking the band, we immediately felt like friends. She was so kind and super accommodating with the several song requests and emails. The band even learned a new song for us that I sang with them and surprised everyone with during the reception. I would recommend Deja Blu ten times over for any bride and groom wanting to have the best wedding reception ever! Deja Blue rocks! Love you guys!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you so much Michelle and Nick! We so enjoyed playing for you. The night was truly magical and I love your rescue kittens who were part of the ceremony. Loved having you sing to Nick- that was so much fun! I hope to see you again soon and hopefully, it will involve cats!

Julie · Married on 11/26/2016

“You guys rocked it! Truly, you made the wedding. We had more compliments about the band than anything else. Everyone loved you! You are a terrific MC too! I have marked my calendar and hope to make Nissi's on the 20th. We are big fans!”

Ashleigh · Married on 10/01/2016

Deja Blu was the perfect choice for our wedding reception - they got everyone on the dance floor and kept the party going all night!! They were extremely easy to work and coordinate with through the entire planning process. We couldn't have asked for a better band.

Amy · Married on 09/18/2016

Deja Blu was absolutely fantastic to work with! We booked them without ever hearing them in person, based solely on online reviews and of course our discussions with Liz, their manager. They were also by far the most bang for our buck! Live music at our wedding was really important to us and their package offered all the aspects we were looking for at a price within our budget.
    As a thank you we were given complimentary tickets to one of their shows. We were nervous/excited to hear them live, and from the first note we knew we made the right choice!
    Working with Liz was a breeze! We had several phone discussions and emails through the entire process. They learned our first dance song and even played one not on their official list for me to sing to my new husband! She worked with me on planning ceremony and cocktail hour music, and had to make last minute adjustments based on our unique venue setup. Plus she MC'd the whole evening flawlessly. The whole thing went off without a hitch! The dance floor was full the whole night! All the guests raved about the band. We KEEP getting comments that our wedding was the BEST EVER and we know the band had a TON to do with it. I cannot recommend them highly enough and look forward to the next chance we get to see them live!

Sent on 10/07/2016

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thanks Amy and Bobby! Your wedding was one for the records! So many fond memories at 11,500 feet in the Colorado Rockies. By far my favorite- seeing you arrive on the chair lift while Mark Todd played your song request, You glowed!

Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day. It was so much fun working with you.

All the best!
    Liz and the guys

Phil · Married on 08/05/2016

Liz is awesome. Super understanding and focused on details. Everyone loved them and they closed out the night with our favorite songs. Great band!

Christine Huong · Married on 04/16/2016

Liz and the whole group was so wonderful to work with. We wanted to book them right after we went to see them at Nissis (where Liz celebrates her birthday with a show there) almost 14 months before our wedding date.

Meeting with Liz was fun and informative. She has a ton of experience with weddings and it clearly shows. The band was exceptional at our wedding. All of our guests (some who doesn't speak fluent english) gave us such great reviews about them. We knew we didn't want a boring DJ and knew that a band would bring a certain energy to the night and they did just that. They brought great vibe and energy to the the party.

Having Deja Blu there that night took a lot off of my shoulders of worrying if the guests are falling asleep or getting bored. No one clearly fell asleep or was bored!!

I highly recommend DejaBlu at your next event if you want to worry less about your night. And of course to have a great time!!

All of your guests will thank you like they did me.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you SO much Christine! What an honor and a pleasure it was to play for you! Loved watching you and Sean as he sang "Lady in Red" to you on the dance floor. Brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful evening!

Sierra · Married on 09/26/2015

Deja Blu was amazing! The band played a beautiful version of You are the Best Thing as a duet, especially for us. From that moment until the last song, an epic medley, they kept folks dancing, singing along, and enjoying life. My favorite moment was probably when they sang Wagon Wheel and everyone at the wedding got in a big circle and swayed together. It was so natural and beautiful and moving. Liz, band manager/lead singer, is incredibly responsive and on the ball as well, so planning with them was very easy and painless. We actually met at our venue over a beer and things could not have been less stressful. I highly recommend using this amazing talent with a great organizer! Pretty epic all around!

Sent on 10/12/2015

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Sierra- Thank you SO much for this amazing review. Playing for you and Jason was like playing for old friends. I will never forget that moment with you both in a circle surrounded by friends and family who love you. That was a magic moment. I am so happy that our band was part of such a celebration. Thank you for having us and I wish you both the very best in life- you deserve it!

Brittany · Married on 09/06/2015

How do I even begin talking about Deja Blu?!? They were the BEST vendor we had the pleasure of working with. I planned my entire wedding myself and it was extremely stressful and a lot of work, and Liz and the rest of her band made my life SO much easier. I didn't have to worry about a thing with them, they had everything covered. The only thing I wanted at the end of the night was more of them and their amazing music. I think the music can make or break the vibe of a wedding, and they made the night. I am an extremely picky person and ask the best from everyone, and I LOVED Deja Blu. Their price, their song list, their attitudes, EVERYTHING. If you want a band for your wedding, HIRE THEM!

** If you have the option of adding the guitarist, Mark Todd, DO IT! There were multiple times during the night where I thought John Denver was ACTUALLY playing at my wedding. He was AMAZING.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you SO much for the amazing review! I love playing with Mark Todd. His 12 string acoustic and vocals add so much to our "Colorado Sound" package. What a beautiful place, what a beautiful and playful couple! We had an amazing time and loved seeing you and your guests truly having a great time! All the best!

Ashley · Married on 09/05/2015

BEST BAND EVER!! We could not have been more pleased. Deja Blu made the night! Every guest I have spoken to has commented on how great our band was. It was important to us that the band really kept the crowd engaged and kept things on track...Liz did just that. We are so grateful that this band was "our band"! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 09/08/2015

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you SO much! I woke up smiling Sunday morning. What a night! What a crowd! You and Bre were so much fun to work with. Everything went off so smoothly and I loved seeing a packed dance floor at the end of the night. That tells me we did our job. I wish you all the best.

Greg · Married on 08/29/2015

Liz and the Deja Blu band were phenomenal in every way! We would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for an experienced, professional band that will get your party started, and keep it going until the wee hours of the morning. We could not be any happier with our decision to choose Deja Blu as our band. Keep rocking, Liz and the guys!

Planning: For how busy this band is, we were completely blown away by how responsive and helpful they were in helping us plan our big day. They have a very extensive song list and learned a few new songs for us, which made a huge difference in our first dance songs. Liz is very experienced and knows how to help you create a timeline of events for the perfect evening!

Entertainer: Liz rocks! She made sure everyone giving speeches/toasts was prepared and kept our whole reception on track. Our wedding party intros were fun and she made the flow of the whole evening perfect.

Music: We don't know what else to say - this band is very experienced and they are excellent musicians. The played a wide variety of music, from a classical jazz dinner set to a 3+ hour party that had our entire guest list on the dance floor. Almost all of our friends and family said this was one of the best bands they had ever seen. They were polished and tight, and we had a ton of fun with the accents of saxophone, flute, and key tar (yes, you read that right). We could not be happier with the quality of the musicians.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you SO much Kendra and Greg! What a beautiful place (Devil's Thumb Ranch) and what a beautiful couple! It was an honor and so much fun to play for you and your guests. "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" is now on our regular playlist. I think EVERYONE felt the love last Saturday night! And- A full moon to boost! Kendra- great job at planning that! All the best and thank you for such an amazing review! All the best!
  • W

Walter · Married on 08/08/2015

Nearly a month later our family and friends are still basking in the glow of the wedding of my daughter and her new husband. We are a family the celebrates life and we do it intensely. Deja Blu was an excellent choice to provide the musical entertainment. The dance floor was full from beginning to end and it was a roiling mass of people, each with true joy expressed. From the initial conversation, this band was ready to go. The song list from which we picked was extensive and because of that, every age demographic had songs with which they could sing along. The band members were happy people and enjoyed what they were providing for us. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. I may have to. Another daughter announced her engagement 10 days later. Whew.

Sent on 09/03/2015

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Walter- you, your family and friends were SO much fun to play for. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the reception as much as we did. I hope you enjoyed the photos I sent. What a sea of people on the dance floor! Thank you again for being so amazing to work with. I hope that if your daughter does decide to get married in Colorado, we will see you again next year! It will be a family reunion!

Adrienne · Married on 06/28/2015

Deja Blu was the best wedding band you can have. They had everyone (including me) dancing all night long. They have a great song list and a great sound. Highly recommended!

Deja Blu is the best! Liz, the band manager, was so awesome to work with - super great at communicating, planning the evening and accommodating individual couple's song preferences. We loved every song from the cocktail hour to last call! I have always thought a band can make or break a wedding reception and they MADE our wedding reception. I wanted people on the dance floor all night long and they were :) So many people were saying they hadn't been to a wedding with a live band in so long and how much they enjoyed it! Liz also did a great job working with out wedding coordinator to make announcements throughout the reception so everyone knew what was happening and didn't miss a thing - it really helped the evening flow from one thing to another so we could get on the dance floor faster!! You can't go wrong with Deja Blu!

Gabby · Married on 06/20/2015

Liz and the Deja Blu Band were wonderful. We had a difficult space to work with and they were so flexibile about it! We met a few weeks beforehand to go over desires and details and everything we wanted happened beyond our wildest dreams! Our guests had such a fun time on the dance floor they didn't want to stop!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Deja Blu Variety Dance Band's reply:

Thank you Gabby and Andy! What a beautiful wedding! The mountain top view, you and your guests made the day for our band! I loved the pinata and Elvis! :-)
    All the best to you!