Defining Moments Ministries Reviews

71 | Dandridge, TN

71 Reviews for Defining Moments Ministries

Tyler · Married on 02/01/2014

Pastor Don did a wonderful job at our wedding. He was very accommodating, met all our needs, and did a great with our ceremony. We were thrilled to have him be a part of our special day!

Sent on 03/10/2014

Rachel · Married on 10/19/2013

We found Rev. Anderson via this website and from the very first contact were treated with the utmost kindness and professionalism. Our ceremony was personalized to our love story and we got many compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the ceremony. One guest even said it was the first ceremony that she actually wanted to listen to the entire thing as it gave great advice that everyone could relate to. We felt very cared for during the entire process and would definitely make the same choice all over again.

Sent on 11/19/2013

Lucy · Married on 10/18/2013

Don was wonderful to work with. Our ceremony was so special and he helped make it so personal and exactly how we hoped it would be. Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Maghen · Married on 10/12/2013

We LOVE Don! He is such a kind man and truly loves what he does. He was very flexible in making plans in order to really get to know us as a couple. He takes plenty of time to help us know what to expect and also to answer all of our questions and settle our nerves. I appreciated that he wanted to get to know us because he really made our ceremony personal and intimate while adding just the right amount of humor to provide a memorable experience! He provides the option of pre and post marital counseling, which I think is nice. Especially since he has made a point to keep in touch with us after the wedding. I like that he didnt just officiate our wedding and then "fall off of the face of the earth." He really seems invested in the success of our marriage and wants to be there in any way for us. He has absolutely exceeded our expectations and we have and will continue to recommend him to everyone we know.

Sent on 11/24/2013

Thea · Married on 10/05/2013

Don did such an amazing job! He was exactly what we were looking for! He was extremely flexible and punctual. The words he spoke at our wedding were beyond perfect for us. We both loved everything he said. He really helped out when it came to coordinating the wedding and making sure everyone was in their place. He was so awesome and perfect for us!!

Sent on 11/27/2013

Jeremy · Married on 09/07/2013

I have to be honest, I was a little unsure about hiring an "officiant" for our wedding instead of a pastor/reverend that already knew us, but now I can't imagine NOT having Don for our ceremony! He really took the time to get to know us as individuals beforehand, and was very flexible with our meeting sites for our premarital counseling. Just like at least one other review said, some of our customized questions he had us answer as individuals and discuss as a couple had us both in tears because he has a way of bringing out true feelings between you and your future spouse, and showing you what marriage SHOULD be about. He is very genuine in wanting you to succeed in your marriage and does customize your counseling and ceremony to you as a couple. I am so glad we found Don for our wedding and would highly recommend him to anyone else!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Sorry for the late review. Don & his wife were awesome. They were very helpful before the ceremony answering the many, many questions my fiance (at the time) had. He offered to meet with us basically anytime we needed. The ceremony was very professionally done. He even incorporated some of our answers to his questionaire into it, which added a unique touch. Don's wife even took pictures during and after the ceremony at no extra charge. He took care of all the paperwork after we got the original marriage license. The money was very very well spent. Thank you Don.

Sent on 12/27/2013

Christina · Married on 04/28/2013

Rev. Anderson was absolutely fabulous!! He spent time to meet with us and get to know us before planning the ceremony. He created a custom ceremony for us to include my step-son as well as important aspects of our lives. He is so caring, concerned, professional, and was always prompt in returning my emails or messages. He really made our day special!

Sent on 05/04/2013

Roi · Married on 12/12/2012

Rev. Don wrote our vows incorporating our answers to questions he asked via email. We answered these 9 questions as separate individuals but when we sat down to read our answers aloud, we were in tears; we had the same answers in our own words. This just reassured us of our bond and compatibility. Rev. Don used our answers in obvious & subtle ways. Our guests were touched by his kind heart. He came to the swinging bridge in the mountains on a 28 degree day in December. Few things in life are perfect but we can honestly say that thanks to Don, our wedding was perfect! Thank you, Roi & Butch

Sent on 12/23/2012

Brittany · Married on 10/13/2012

When I read the reviews on here I thought that Don was almost too good to be true. My husband and I were blown away by how wonderful and true to us as couple the ceremony was. He took the time to really understand who john and I were as a couple and as individuals. I couldn’t have asked for more. And for patience, this man has way more than any normal person would. I was almost two hours late to our ceremony and he was still there waiting. I asked him when I first met him. Everyone who attended the ceremony was blown away by him. I would recommend him to anyone. I am so blessed to find someone who is as wonderful as he is and was. I know that people will read his reviews and say he is too good to be true but I promise you he is the real deal. I know what it is like to wonder what if. This was the best experience possible and it was no cookie cutter wedding. It was amazing.

Sent on 10/18/2012
  • Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie · Married on 09/30/2012

God certainly blessed us on our wedding day by leading us to Don Anderson!

I had spoken to several ministers before calling Don. Many of those ministers told me that there would not be a rehearsal, that our pre-marriage counseling would consists of answering a few questions, that it would essentially be a cookie-cutter ceremony and then they rushed to get off of the phone. On the other hand, Don Anderson put forth an extraordinary amount of effort to not only get to know both of us, but also to customize our ceremony exactly as we had envisioned it. His calm demeanor and upbeat personality were exactly what we needed to calm our pre-wedding butterflies. All of our wedding guests commented how much they liked Don and the uniqueness of the ceremony. He went above and beyond in every respect and we are honored to have had him perform our ceremony and to make his (and his wife’s) acquaintance. We look forward to a life-long friendship.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Mr. Anderson's services went above and beyond expectations! We were behind schedule when we contacted Mr. Anderson. He accepted the challenge and after a few short phone calls and emails he was able to put together a beautiful service for our wedding. Mr. and Mrs. Anderson fit in like family during our reception. Mr. Anderson also provides a counseling service after a year if I recall correctly and we will take advantage of that as well. Thank you so much Don!

Sent on 09/29/2012

Heather · Married on 07/11/2012

My husband and I live in Florida and decided at the last minute before our vacation to Tennessee that we get married while we were up there and I was really scared that we wouldnt be able to find an officiant for the wedding but, Rev. Don Anderson came to our rescue. We were in touch with Don for only two months before we met at the wedding and he made the vows so meaningful, he customized it just for us. It was not like a typical cookie cutter ceremony, Don made it about us and our love for each other. After the ceremony Don's lovely wife, Ashby, took photos for us and our very tiny wedding party. I wasnt expecting to see my wedding pictures for atleast a few weeks but a few hours after the wedding Don called me and told me that they were ready and asked us to meet his wife the next day to pick them up. That made me a VERY happy bride! Don and Ashby were an absolute joy to be around and work with. I dont think it could've been any better and I have to thank Don & Ashby for that.

Sent on 07/16/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 06/23/2012

Don Anderson was an absolute pleasure to work with. We recently got married at the Museum of Appalachia. He took time to get to know us before our wedding, and then crafted a very touching and personal ceremony. He was great to stay in touch with us before the big day. We talked on the phone a couple of times during the planning process, and he was flexible with when we would schedule calls. My parents were especially impressed with their interactions with him, and have commented several times that he did a great job with our ceremony. I look forward to staying in touch with Don in the future.

Sent on 06/29/2012

Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2012

Don Anderson was a pleasure to work with.

He was responsive, thoughtful, and genuine. I cannot say enough good things about him or the ceremony he performed for us.

I spent unhurried time on the phone with Don, described what my fiance and I had in mind for the wedding, and he delivered a service that surpassed our expectations.

He was in communication with me both the week of and day of the wedding, which set my mind at ease.

Not only was Don an utmost professional, but he and his wife were also a delightful addition to our festivities. We invited them to stay for the reception and were so glad they were able to do so. Don gave a touching a blessing before dinner and was a gracious guest thereafter.

We are eternally grateful to Don and are honored to recommend Defining Moments Ministries.

Sent on 05/29/2012

Robyn · Married on 05/14/2012

Absolutely amazing in every aspect. The quality, flexibility with my schedule and over genuineness really astounded me and my husband. Pastor Don Anderson made my day absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 05/31/2012

Tera · Married on 04/21/2012

Rev. Anderson was absolutely wonderful, I couldn't imagine a more beautiful ceremony. He was so kind and helped my husband and I along the way and took the time he needed to get to know us. It has been over a month since the wedding and he has kept in touch. The ceremony he wrote really suited us and spoke well to the kind of people we are, it seemed as though he had known us our whole lives. He came to our location about 30 min before time and stayed for a few photos. I met his wife, who was just as nice as she could be. I would highly recommend rev. Anderson.

Sent on 05/29/2012
  • Shalee

Shalee A. · Married on 08/17/2019

Professional, attentive and sincere = Wonderful!

Choosing the officiant of our wedding was one of the most important elements of our ceremony as we were blending our lives and faith. Though there were an overwhelming number of options online and we had only 10 short weeks for planning, we found the right one for us in Rev. Don Anderson. He spent significant time with us on premarital counseling and in trying to really get to know us as a couple. His gentle demeanor and ability to truly listen and observe allowed him to bring a special touch to our ceremony. He wove "our story" into our wedding by sharing genuine moments he had gleaned through his previous communications with us. No wedding is perfectly executed, but our wish was that the ceremony be sweet, intimate, family-focused and God-honoring. By thinking through the details with us, working hand-in-hand with our ideas, and delivering with sweet sincerity the story of us, he was a major part of that dream becoming a reality. He truly understood how sacred the wedding ceremony is and how meaningful and personal we wanted ours to be. We are thankful we found Defining Moments Ministries, and we are grateful that Don was willing to be such an important part of our journey.

Sent on 08/30/2019

Missy · Married on 01/05/2013

I can not say enough positive things about Don Anderson! We were so afraid of getting married out of town & having someone we didn't know to marry us. However, from the first time I spoke to Don he was very genuine & professional. He put forth every effort to learn about myself, my husband & our children prior to our wedding day. Our ceremony was perfect! Don was well prepared & gave the personal touch we were looking for. All of our guests raved about what a great job he did! I will forever be grateful to him for making our special day a memorable one! I would highly recommend him to anyone! You won't regret it! I promise!
    Missy Oakman
    Roebuck, SC

Sent on 01/15/2013

Don was great. He did an excellent job communicating and incorporating what we wanted into the ceremony.

Sent on 08/03/2015

Don was great. He did a good job of customizing the ceremony to what we wanted.

Sent on 05/16/2015