Defining Moments Ministries Reviews

71 Reviews for Defining Moments Ministries

• Chris

Chris M. · Getting married on 07/11/2021

A personalized experience

Mr. Anderson was More than accommodating for us, agreeing to do video calls so we could get more personally acquainted, To meeting us in person before our wedding to council us on arising issues. The Vows and Ceremony were very personalized, proving that Don was listening to us and understanding the relationship we had. 10/10

Sent on 12/07/2020
  • Ethan

Ethan Z. · Married on 01/06/2021

Highly Recommend Officiant Rev. Don Anderson

One of the biggest things on our destination wedding checklist was finding an officiant. After some searching, we found Don Anderson and I am so happy that we did. Don took the time to get to know Ethan and I over the phone, asking us about our story and our upcoming future. He also had us fill out separate questionnaires that he used in our vows that made our wedding party feel like he had known us. Don made sure to communicate with us frequently throughout the entire wedding process which helped eliminate a lot of pre-wedding stress. We highly recommend Don and are thankful for his presence and words that we will remember for a lifetime.

Sent on 12/12/2020

Chancesrfarmdoxies · Married on 10/21/2020

Fantastic experience

We had a wonderful vow renewal service with Don! He really got to know us and was able to weave parts of our original service into our vow renewal. Easy to communicate with and very flexible. Thanks so much for being part of our day!

Sent on 10/30/2020
  • Karli

Karli S. · Married on 10/17/2020

Hands down the best!

Let me first start with I searched for a wedding officiant on a myriad of wedding apps and websites, looking for the best fit for our wedding while also taking into consideration we got married out of state during the pandemic. We also looked at how the different officiants attitudes showed in videos and pictures. We ran across Don and he met all of the requirements, each picture and video he was in you could see and feel the joy he brought to the ceremony.

My husband has a lot of anxiety and the reviews that we read stated that he was so calming and amazing at making our wedding magical and maintaining a great positive vibe even when we were nervous.

We got to know Don several months before our wedding, he recommended premarital therapy. We took his advice and I must say it was amazing, we had several break throughs, not to mention he learned about us and our relationship and intuitively picked up things we hadn’t even fully explained. Every phone call with Don was hours, we had no idea until we hung up. Don wrote our “love story”. He took every detail and everything we talked about and added it into a beautiful love story about “us”. The day I read out loud the ceremony vows to my future husband, we couldn’t get past the first few sentences without balling. It was perfect, so perfect. He articulated what we wanted to express. He added the little details of combining children, family and friends in a special venue to make our day the most memorable and perfect possible.

I must say, he is phenomenal and he has tons and tons of experience. He has great knowledge of amazing writers and life lessons.

Don has not only become a great friend but a life long mentor. He not only did our wedding day, he will continue to speak on behalf of our family at life changing events. Everyone at our wedding had so much to say about how beautifully composed our ceremony was and how special our day was.

Look no further, this is the person you want at your ceremony.

Sent on 12/21/2020

Kyla L. · Married on 10/15/2020

The Perfect Wedding Officiant

Don was very professional from start to finish. He was very helpful in guiding us in the right directions as far as applying for a marriage license and any questions we had regarding the legal side of things. Don wrote us an amazing and very personal ceremony that we will always be able to cherish. We completed premarital counseling with Don and he asked us questions that neither of us had thought of before but we are glad we got the opportunity to get think about them. Not only did it help us learn even more about each other but it helped Don write us the perfect ceremony. He arrived early for the ceremony and was patient with us as we got everything and everyone together. He was a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend him for your special day!

Sent on 12/20/2020
  • Jenna

Jenna · Married on 10/10/2020

Amazing Experience!

We had such a great experience with Don Anderson. He worked so well with us on all of the changes that occured throughout our wedding process, as well as being so understanding. He provided great, value-added marriage counseling to us via phone call and video call as COVID has made things a bit more difficult. We couldn't have had such a seamless, fun, and meaningful wedding without his services!

Sent on 12/10/2020
  • Joanna

Joanna H. · Married on 09/19/2020

Beautiful wedding ceremony

Don performed a Beautiful service for our wedding on September 19th 2020. He got to know us some personally before the ceremony and included our love story in the ceremony which is just what we wanted! He was always professional, prompt, accommodating and very nice. We are SO very happy that we found him to officiate our wedding ceremony! We highly recommend him.

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Suzanne

Suzanne K. · Married on 07/05/2020

Couldn’t imagine a better day

Don was absolutely amazing and wonderful to work with. He met with us several times before the wedding to discuss details and get to know us so that he could make the ceremony as personal as possible. He truly listened to us and what we were both looking for and he made our day so special. We are so thankful that Don was able to help us celebrate our special day and highly recommend him!!

Sent on 12/05/2020

Sierra M. · Married on 06/20/2020

Thoughtful and personalized

We completed premarital counseling with Don, who also conducted our ceremony on June 20, 2020. Don helped us see new perspectives and solidify a foundation to start our marriage. Our ceremony was beautiful! Don was so thoughtful in writing everything to be personal for us. So many guests came to us to say how unique, individualized, and meaningful our ceremony was! We really couldn't have asked for more from Don. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 07/11/2020

Lindsey L. · Married on 06/06/2020

Rev Don Anderson Is Wonderful!

My husband and I are so thankful we chose Don to marry us! Getting married during a pandemic and having to alter our wedding plans was no easy task, but Don made the whole process seem effortless. He took the time to get to know both of us beforehand and it translated into the most beautiful, heartfelt ceremony. We highly recommend Don!

Sent on 07/21/2020
  • Bethany

Bethany R. · Married on 03/14/2020

Truly Above and Beyond!

I knew from the moment I first found his page that Don would be the perfect match for our destination wedding in the Smoky Mountains but he truly went even further above and beyond than I had already hoped. He was so sweet and caring about the both of us throughout the whole process and made sure we were 100% confident not only regarding his services, but with each other. Don had a lovely conversation with us and even assigned us "homework" to get to know us better. He walked us through everything and tailored the service completely to reflect who we were individually and as a couple. On top of that, he even provides follow-ups after one year. By the end, he truly felt like a family friend and we will definitely be seeking him again whenever we need any of his wide variety of services. Thank you so much, Don. We are blessed to have found you!

Sent on 10/10/2020

Chelsea E. · Married on 11/11/2019

Wonderful Mountain Officiant!

During our wedding in November we had the pleasure of working with Mr. Don Anderson. He was truly wonderful before, during and after the wedding. He took time to learn about both my husband and I, and had genuine conversations with interest in our relationship and it's future. We really appreciated his open line of communication during our experience. We would highly recommend him for anyone searching for an officiant in the area.

Sent on 04/26/2020
  • Sierra

Sierra W. · Married on 10/19/2019

Don Anderson Is the sweetest

My fiancé and I last minute decided to get married and Pastor Don called us and was so kind and wonderful he worked with us and went above and beyond to make our big day absolutely perfect , the words he spoke moved us and made our ceremony truly beautiful , we really connected with him and he’s such a genuine gentle soul it was truly a pleasure to have him marry us . He also took lots of pictures for us and spoke encouraging words afterwords , if you’re getting married this is the man to do the job . Thank you so much for everything Mr. Anderson !!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica C. · Married on 10/12/2019

The Best Day Ever: 10/12/19

Rev. Don was incredible to work with! We decided to elope to The Smoky Mountains with our immediate family and being an out-of-town bride, so much of my planning relied on reviews from other couples. Rev. Don lives up to his excellent reviews! He worked with us to make our ceremony personalized and included my new stepdaughter (age 9) so well. I felt as though he genuinely wanted to get to know us, provided great advice for our newly-wedded life together, and truly loves marrying couples. Thank you!

Sent on 10/18/2019
  • Trinity

Trinity A. · Married on 09/29/2019

He was great

He was truly amazing and professional. There was a slight issue at our cabin where the clock was an hour behind so me and my bridesmaids we’re running late. Don was so patient with us, he stayed calm and got us through. I was a stressed bride lol but it all worked out perfect. He even loved on our dog Harley who was in the wedding 🐕 Thanks again.

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Nicole

Nicole M. · Married on 09/14/2019

Perfect, He was just perfect.

Don was so nice and helpful. We had a friend do our ceremony but found out just before that Tennessee didn’t allow it it legally. He offered to meet us privately, but I hoped he would (and he did) come for our party. Perfect.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Christina · Married on 09/08/2019

A Ceremony Designed for Us

Going into the process of finding someone to officiate our wedding we knew that we wanted the ceremony to be be special. We wanted it to sound like us.
    Don went above and beyond all expectation.
    He spent so much time getting to know us individually and as a couple and that really showed.
    There was laughter, tears, and a whole lot of love.
    He put all of our fears to rest and made our special day so magical.

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Sharity

Sharity G. · Married on 08/31/2019

Wonderful!

Pastor Don was amazing with our Wedding, His gentleness and his listening to what we wanted was comforting. He definitely enjoys his calling. He treated
    my Husband and me with such respect through it all. We are so happy with how our ceremony went. Mr and Mrs Walker!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 08/24/2019

Absolutely phenomenal!

Our experience with Don was more than we could have dreamed of. He has an incredible way of making you feel like the only people that he has to marry, although I know he is busy with many couples! His counseling was so beneficial and since we lived far away, we would end up spending 1+ hour talking with him on the phone. He never made us feel judged or criticized. We felt warm in his company and he really helped us grow from our past experiences so we could focus on the future.

The day of our wedding was amazing. He was timely, despite traffic, and calm throughout. The ceremony was so incredibly special and our guests couldn't stop talking about how lovely it was and how much it focused on our love and marriage. He incorporated so many things we had spoken about in our counseling in the best way possible. The words were so encouraging and meaningful.

Since the wedding day, Don continues to make us feel valued and it feels as though he is our biggest fan.

Stop looking now if you are trying to find the perfect person for your wedding. You have found him here!

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Tracy

Tracy H. · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful mountain wedding

I found Don online. At first I was a little skeptical of using someone that I found on the internet. I was concerned that the service would be generic and not very personal. We spoke with Don several times via phone conference and he got to know us both quite well. The wedding service was exceptionally personal and very well done. We were able to personalize it with our own vows and beliefs as well as adding in a few little quirks that represented our relationship history. Don truly made our day special in every way possible. Use him....you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 03/30/2020
  • Kristan

Kristan G. · Married on 05/30/2019

Wonderful Experience

Don was great to work with for our wedding. We chose to do our pre-marital counseling with him and he was very flexible and easy to work with. He also incorporated special things from our pre-marital counseling into our wedding ceremony so it was very personalized. He was a great choice for our wedding minister and definitely put me at ease and made our wedding very special! I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Hubertien

Hubertien S. · Married on 05/18/2019

Went off with right kind of hitch

We were looking for a minister that was willing to include texts from multiple Holy texts outside of Christianity about love and family within the context of our Christian upbringings. Don was the only minister willing to do this that I spoke to. He not only embraced this challenge, but he created a completely custom ceremony and vows that reflected us as individuals and as a couple. If you want a tailor made ceremony I highly recommend Don. There were a few ministers willing to marry us in that type of ceremony but they put the research and writing of it back on me. I’m not a minister and was stressed enough about planning a wedding. Don gave us a ceremony that added so much to the special day and really captured our relationship and vision.

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Rene

Rene · Married on 01/05/2019

The Perfect Ceremony

Don was a dream to work with! Communicative and took time to get to know both of us to incorporate some fun facts about us during the ceremony. He was also super flexible when we had some unexpected hiccups before the ceremony started. Our guests raved about the beautiful words he spoke at our wedding for weeks to come (and are still raving!). A few months before my ceremony my younger sister unexpectedly passed away and he included some heartfelt and truly touching words to honor her spirit and our guests were moved to tears. Thank you so much Don! Truly the perfect ceremony!

Sent on 03/16/2019

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2018

Don performed the most amazing ceremony I could ever ask for! He put so much thought into every word he said. He is top notch! His attention to detail about our personalities was spot on! Everyone we have talked to since our big day has complimented us on how sweet our service was. He had a very big part in making our day perfect with wonderful memories for a lifetime!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Hollie · Married on 07/21/2018

Amazing day that we will always treasure and remember, thank you so much Don!!

Don made our wedding even more perfect that I could have imagined! From the initial meet and greet phone call to the end of the ceremony he made sure to make us feel not like another couple, but as friends. He words during our ceremony were perfect and he made sure we it was flawless! Thank you so much Don!

Sent on 12/18/2018