Defiance Ridge Vineyards Reviews

Defiance Ridge Vineyards 4
Defiance Ridge Vineyards 5
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/10/2019

Beautiful venue and wonderful staff!

This is the most beautiful venue! There are so many options for pictures and the house for bride/bridesmaids to get ready is lovely!
    Lisa, the coordinator, is so helpful and responsive. They were extremely flexible with me and my crazy requests! Food was delicious and drinks were plentiful.
    I truly believe Lisa did everything she could to decrease my stress level on our wedding day- she took care of everything and I didn’t even hear a word.
    Most of my guests says “best wedding ever!”

Defiance Ridge Vineyards 6
    Defiance Ridge Vineyards 11
    Sent on 06/06/2019

Cheryl · Married on 10/19/2018

Beautiful and functional!

Our October wedding was here and it was perfect! The wedding coordinator was so kind and made all our wishes come true! Great venue with great views, not to mention- great wine!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Julie · Married on 09/29/2018

I highly recommend this venue!!! The venue was a dream; I definitely got the wedding of my dreams. I really enjoyed working with Michelle Serles, Event Coordinator; she made sure the day was flawless. Also the food was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 10/13/2018

Kellie · Married on 05/12/2018

We had both our wedding and reception at Definace Ridge in May 2018. The venue was perfect and absolutely beautiful. We received rave reviews from the guests about both the venue and the food. The staff was very accommodating and helpful and our day was perfect b

Sent on 07/17/2018

Em · Married on 09/04/2016

Wine Country Gardens is an amazing place to have a wedding. We were married at the beginning of September this year, and we had a great day. Chris was very responsive and helpful with planning. She is laid back, so I think it helped us to feel comfortable. The venue itself is gorgeous. Food was great. The 'getting ready room' is really cute. I cannot say enough good things about Wine Country Gardens. Thanks to Chris, Mike, and everyone who made it amazing! -Emily and Eric

Sent on 09/27/2016
  • User6019074 · 2+ years ago

My wedding was about 120 ppl and we did the ceremony outside at sunset under the band-stand. Cocktail hour and the Reception was indoors due to chilly Nov temps! They have a great set up for indoor and outdoor events. The setting is beautiful indoors and out. We opted to change the linen colors, and we brought in some extra decor items. The event coordinator and owner, Chris, is easy to work with. She was very flexible at that time of the year, bc the venue was not as busy with events. They cater in house, the menu options are great, better than most!! Food quality is superb, and the wine selections (not Missouri) were excellent. Bridal room available! Bonus! You can do your photos on-site....perfect and simple!! No pricey venue charges, very fair pricing. My experience was wonderful. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/04/2015

Michelle · Married on 10/09/2015

Not only is Wine Country Gardens absolutely gorgeous, they do an AMAZING job of making your wedding day flawless. Chris, the wedding planner with Wine Country Gardens, was so very patient with me. She answered all of my questions (and there were many) and never made me feel as if I was inconveniencing her or being obnoxious. The day of the wedding, NOTHING went wrong. The staff were on top of things and ensured that all of our guests were happy.

Sent on 12/22/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/09/2015

Wine Country Gardens was absolutely amazing! They were so easy to work with and so flexible and accommodating! The food was outstanding. The alcohol pours were very generous. It rained on the wedding day, but they were still able to set up everything outside and do the wedding outdoors anyway. My only complaint is that I never got to eat a piece of cake, every time I picked a piece up and set it down on the head table, it would be cleared before I made it back to the table. My advice would be to tell the servers and bartenders not to clear uneaten pieces of cake. It was an absolutely wonderful day and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Wine Country Gardens to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Leslie · Married on 11/15/2014

We had both our wedding and reception at Wine Country Gardens in mid-November. While we were hopeful the weather would permit SN outdoor wedding, snow was forecast, and we turned it, with Chris' and the staff's help, into the most beautiful, classy, yet casual, incredible event. We used round tables inside and said our vows in front of the lit fireplace. It was truly magical. I can't say enough how pleased we were with everything...from working with Chris (fabulous), the staff, the beauty of the venue, the quality of the food and wine, and lastly, the value. We're so thankful we found WCG for our special day and recommend it to all!

Sent on 12/08/2014

Shawna · Married on 05/16/2014

Everything about this place is beautiful! Food is delicious, and people are so nice and easy to work with. They truly seen to enjoy what they do! Chris is the lady who books and takes care of all the wedding stuff, and she is so sweet!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Patty · Married on 09/02/2012

Absolutely first-rate. Excellent value. Outstanding service, very delicious food and great drinks and wine. Very beautiful setting. They are very professional, and they know exactly how to manage big events. Every detail of the venue was well-planned and designed when it was constructed. I highly, highly recommend Wine Country Gardens!

Sent on 09/03/2012

Becky · Married on 10/14/2011

Absolutely beautiful venue!!! And the staff was so wonderful to deal with. They made everything so easy and took all the stress off. On the wedding day, they made sure everything ran smoothly without being in the way. They are incrediblely friendly and I found a new favorite winery that is now the only place I want to go to enjoy a glass of wine. I will find reasons to have more parties there!

Sent on 12/20/2011

Heather · Married on 08/27/2011

This wedding was everything my husband and I hoped for. The staff at Wine Country Gardens was great, the food was delicious, and the place is relaxing and beautiful. I received so many compliments from my guests. Several said it was the best wedding they've been to and I credit most of that to Wine Country Gardens.

Sent on 09/13/2011

Chrissy · Married on 10/11/2014

A beautiful setting! It didn't matter that it was chilly and rainy all week. The weather broke right before our ceremony and the staff was wonderful making our plan A a possibility with the uncertainty of the weather. Love love loved it!

Sent on 10/19/2014
  • Casey

Casey · Married on 10/22/2011

Not only was Wine Country Gardens a beautiful place to get married and have the reception, but the people there were SO easy to work with! The food was delicious and the drinks were also great! The help there made the reception easy and worry free! They always get back to phone calls, but sometimes are slower on emails.

Sent on 11/27/2011

Lindsey · Married on 09/06/2015

Such a beautiful venue! Chris was awesome to work with and the food was amazing!! Chris was sometimes difficult to get a hold of, but she always came through! Loved the staff here and the pricing is very affordable.

Sent on 10/26/2015

Danielle · Married on 10/25/2014

We had our wedding here recently and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out!! We were able to have our wedding outdoors and also be able to keep the reception area open-air because the weather was gorgeous! The views are amazing and we used their entire property for our pictures beforehand. I've had SO many people come up to us in the weeks after our wedding to tell us they've never been to a more beautiful wedding. Chris is awesome to work with and very flexible of most of the things you want to do. The staff is also very friendly and helpful. The food... oh my... SO good. It is done in-house there for you so you don't have to find a separate caterer. The only thing that's worth mentioning is make sure you know how long you have your bar service for. We were not told that the bar service only goes for 4 hours (anything after is additional), and so towards the end of our reception we ended up having to add another hour onto our service. I will note that it IS noted in the packet you get when touring the facility, but they never brought it to our attention after telling them how long our reception was. We thought that would have been very important. All-in-all, I'd highly recommend this beautiful place. I will find more ways to get there and celebrate more things!

Sent on 11/20/2014

Such a beautiful venue! You barely need additional decorations.

The staff there is incredibly friendly and Chris the event planner is very accommodating. They made sure our wedding day was beautiful and everything we asked for we were granted, including getting there early (11am) on the Friday of the wedding to set up (while they were still open to the public)

They have a room there that the bridal party can get ready in. The price was reasonable as it included a cocktail hour and the reception. All around a great choice for an outdoor wedding and reception.

We got dozens of compliments on the food. The food is STELLAR! And they specially made an entre for us- mostaccioli :)

Sent on 05/18/2015

We recently had our reception at Wine Country Gardens on 5/11/2013. We were looking for a laid back feel to our reception. We really liked the indoor outdoor feel of the place and that we could pretty much decorate how we wanted (not a whole lot of restrictions). We were strictly taking our pictures at the ceremony site and the reception site. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. You can tell they really take pride in their property. Kris was very easy to work with during the whole process.

Sent on 06/04/2013

Janey · Married on 05/11/2012

I had a great experience with Wine Country Gardens. The setting is beautiful. The owner and event coordinator was very friendly as well. My only hesitation with the location is that the coordinator did not have a standard contract; however, she was more than willing to sign a contract I wrote up that included agreed-upon terms. Wine Country Gardens also provides catering and alcohol, which is a very convenient feature. The food was great - the guests said their favorite was hors d'oeuvres served at the cocktail hour.

Sent on 05/28/2012