Dee's One Smart Cookie Reviews

11 Reviews for Dee's One Smart Cookie

Dee's One Smart Cookie 1
Dee's One Smart Cookie 2

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

We had the MOST incredible experience with Dee's for our wedding cake. Not only was the cake unbelievably delicious, but the whole team was a pleasure to work with. I 100% recommend using them for any special occasion!

Lauren · Married on 06/30/2018

AMAZING!!!! Dees One Smart Cookie made my husband and I’s Wedding so so special. The cupcakes came out beautifully along with our mini cake! Beyond happy with them and have already referred them to a few people who were at my wedding!! They were very responsive and worked with my husband I in regards to payments. Highly recommend!!

Dee's One Smart Cookie 3
    Dee's One Smart Cookie 4

Brooke · Married on 10/04/2015

"Wow!" is all I can say for Dee and everyone at Dee's One Smart Cookie Bakery!! Their sweets & treats are absolutely delicious! As a girl with allergies to dairy and soy, trying to find a Wedding Cake that I could eat, while also impressing my Italian husband & family was no easy task! I am SO happy we found Dee before our wedding in October! They made the whole process stress-free and fun! When deciding on cake flavors, Dee sweetly sent us home with a dozen or more flavors to sample- which we happily did! From there, we had to have not one, but three, delicious cakes at our wedding- they are THAT good! We also kept it a secret that they were completely allergen free until after the wedding. Not only did our guests rave about how delicious they were, but were blown away when we told them!! Aside from being delicious, the team at Dee's One Smart Cookie is SO wonderful and accommodating! As any bride probably is, I was a bit nutty with emails/questions, and they completely put me at ease :) they even found me custom cake plates to fit the diameters of the three BEAUTIFUL cakes when I was scrambling to find some! We will absolutely be using Dee for future sweet-tooth fixes!! Can't thank them enough : ) Brooke and Sam Fanelli

Tracy · Married on 10/25/2014

My cake came out perfect! It taste just Luke fall.

Brenda · Married on 06/22/2013

We had a gorgeous wedding cake made gluten-free! It was made in two flavors, chocolate with coconut cream filling and lemon with lemon filling. No one knew it was gluten-free; it looked and tasted as good as any cake you could have. It was very moist and delicious! Dee provides you with a complimentary one year anniversary cake...the size of the top layer so that you do not have to save your cake top which usually is not very good after one year!

Mara · Married on 11/18/2012

This is a dairy-free, gluten-free, nut-free bakery that still makes delicious and gorgeous cakes. Dee is charismatic and made the choosing process so much fun, and we got exactly what we wanted: chocolate cake with vanilla buttercream for the first tier, vanilla cake with fresh raspberry buttercream for the second tier, and coconut with chocolate ganache (thought we think she might have done chocolate buttercream instead, which was still good) for the top tier, all covered with white icing and mums made of sugar in rich, autumn colors. We loved it.

Kimberly · Married on 07/24/2010

We got our gluten-free top tier cake from this bakery, vanilla cake, raspberry filling and fondant icing. The cake looked EXACTLY like I had shown Dee I wanted it to look and it tasted even better than our sample cakes did. Dee was a pleasure to work with and all of the items at her bakery are stellar.

I am gluten free, lactose intolerant, and have issues with soy but I wanted to enjoy my wedding cake. There were very few places that were dairy free and gluten free. My mother-in-law and I went to two of the places and got samples. Dee’s was by far the best. We then had a girls’ night and tasted several mini cakes and decided to go with the carrot cake (which was what I wanted to start). I received so many compliments on the cake it was insane. No one could believe that it was dairy/gluten/soy/nut free, NO ONE! I even ordered some cake pops for favors for our guests with nut allergies. I am so happy that I found this bakery, not only for my wedding cake, but for everyday snacks. I drove an hour to make each of my payments just so I could get a few snacks with I was in the bakery. Even if you do not have allergies, their cakes are amazing.

We were looking for a small gluten free cake for our wedding and Dee's One Smart Cookie was the only local bakery that offered gluten free. They were great to work with and very flexible. My only complaint would be that the prices are higher than comparable bakeries in the area but in my opinion it is worth it for the quality ingredients.

Lyndsay · Married on 06/22/2013

3.0
      1.5
      1.5

First of all, let me say that the cake itself was wonderful. I have Celiac Disease and needed a gluten-free wedding cake. There are not too many place that offer this, and Dee's was very close to my venue.
    I have rated this company low because we had a very hard time getting and staying in touch with them. I live in a different state and have been planning the wedding through phone calls and emails, and have had no problems with any vendors, except this one.
    We were traveling to the area a few months before the wedding and arranged a cake tasting session for a Saturday morning. We called the morning of to confirm our appointment time, and the owner told us she had nothing for us because she forgot that we were coming. (we should have stopped all buisness here). We picked up some other already pre-made cakes instead and were able to take them home to try. When we picked them up, the owner made no apology, and didn't even come out of the back of the store to say hi or introduce herself.
    After we had decided on a flavor for our wedding cake, we tried and tried to get through via email and phone calls for weeks. I finally got a response three weeks later saying that my emails had been going to their SPAM folder, but when I asked about the phone calls, they had no response.
    We went ahead anyway and ordered the cake, but really felt nervous that anything would be delivered on the day of our wedding. Sure enough, on the day of our wedding, our planner could not find the cake. It had been delivered by someone who didn't tell anyone it was there.
    I never got to meet the owner, I never was given an apology for the lack of communication. I think this company really needs to step up their game for customer service. Unfortunately there are not many options for gluten-free wedding cakes, and I didn't have much of a choice but to use them.