Deepwood Museum & Gardens Reviews

7 | Salem, OR

7 Reviews for Deepwood Museum & Gardens

• Molly

Molly · Married on 09/08/2017

Absolutely perfect! Beautiful gardens and extremely friendly and helpful staff!

Sent on 09/18/2017

Katie · Married on 07/16/2016

So happy I had my wedding here. Extremely affordable and Deb goes above and beyond to make your wedding easy and enjoyable. Plus, it's absolutely gorgeous.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Amber · Married on 06/21/2014

3.5

I love everything about Deepwood. All the gardens, the flowers, the house. It is a great atmosphere to get married at. They are flexible and are willing to work with you to design your day the way you invision it. Outside catering is okay.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Paige · Married on 09/26/2014

2.0
      3.0

Deepwood is beautiful and affordable. They were flexible in adjusting a plan that fit our tiny budget, and they set up and tore down all our chairs and tables (which they provided as part of the price). No one was scheduled to be present on the day of our rehearsal, which was odd to us, and they didn't provide someone to help with coordinating details on the big day. Those services may have been available for an additional fee.

Sent on 10/04/2014

Lia · Married on 08/14/2011

2.0
      3.0

The venue is owned by the state so it is very affordable. However, the employee they have in charge of events is only part time so it is very hard to get a hold of her and I never was able get any responses to my e-mails. It would be nice if they had a full time employee in charge of events.
    While the response time was frustrating, the staff was very nice to work with and the venue is so beautiful that it was totally worth it. I would recommend the venue to everyone who is looking for a garden to get married in.

Sent on 09/06/2011

Jessica · Married on 08/14/2014

3.8
      3.0

The gardens at Deepwood are unbelievably gorgeous, and if I could do it all over, I'd definitely get married here again. My issues lied in the lack of professionalism of the young pair who worked our wedding, and the lack of communication on the rehearsal the day before. My husband and I got approval to do our personal vows upstairs prior to the wedding, a place which is off limits without staff attending with you, which was great. However, the Deepwood workers were making remarks as we were reading our vows (cooing, "awww"ing and laughing throughout our special moment together), they were cheering, chanting and clapping as we posed for a kissing picture, etc. Very unprofessional. Also, I was told that we would have the grounds the night before for a rehearsal to test out the sound system... Nobody was there! Our "rehearsal" consisted of playing music from one of our cars and practicing our walking, nobody from Deepwood ever came, and I was told the day of my wedding that the stereo check actually happened the day of the wedding (there was a total of an hour and a half for set up, which would not have given any time for a rehearsal with the sound system). Couple things that didn't ruin the day, but definitely inconveniences. Great price though, and absolutely beautiful location.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Aelix · Married on 08/30/2014

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

We ran into a lot of issues with timing and day of planning.... The venue is owned by the state, so they're really strict about a time you can come in for setup. They're pretty stingy about time actually... our contract said we could use the space and additional hour if we paid $95, but when my planner asked the lady in charge of weddings there, she said we couldn't do it. There's only one lady that does the wedding things, and she's out of the office quite frequently, and on a regular week she's only there two or three days. She's also incredibly hard to get ahold of, and got a lot of our information flopped around multiple times.

Overall, we're happy with the look and feel we were able to get from the venue. But they need someone new in charge of the weddings there... Someone with more regularity that approaches weddings with more professionalism.

Sent on 08/03/2014