DeepBlu Entertainment Reviews

241 | Cordova, TN

241 Reviews for DeepBlu Entertainment

1 User photo

DeepBlu Entertainment 1

Very professional and organized!

Sent on 07/07/2016

DeepBlu Entertainment's reply:

Thank you for your review! If you are happy, we are happy! Taking the time to stop by and write your review so the world can see means so much. Thank you again!

Lacie · Married on 05/14/2016

Jimmy was very friendly and responded to emails quickly. They made it easy to organize our music through a website. We were able to select songs by searching a database. We could select favorite dance songs & songs for specific events like when I'd walk down the aisle, cake cutting, etc. Everything went smoothly because of the schedule provided for every detail. I used a DJ for my ceremony and reception. He provided a clip-on mic for my officiant and did an excellent job timing the songs for each part of the service. He was able to fade out when people walked down the aisle too quickly. They also provided a mic for toasts. The DJ had a good mix of music for the reception and everyone got out on the dance floor, even my older relatives. Importantly, he wasn't overly cheesy when making announcements.

Sent on 12/17/2016

DeepBlu Entertainment's reply:

Lacie, it is extremely sweet of you to write this great review about your experience with us! Also thank you for going through the trouble to post reviews on more than one wedding website! We really appreciate you and William for letting us take part in your amazing wedding day! Thanks again and please stay in touch :)

Klaus · Married on 05/06/2016

We have so many good things to say about our DJ, Jonathan Simpson, and DeepBlu Entertainment, owned by Jimmy Harris. We contacted Jimmy, as a highly regarded florist in Memphis recommended him to us. From the get go, Jimmy showed intense interest and enthusiasm in getting to know us. He spend at least an hour with us on the phone - we lived out of state - discussing our wedding and DJ needs. We loved that all his DJs are/were musicians. We were having a formal wedding, so we were delighted that his DJs always come to work dressed in a shirt, jacket and slacks. Lastly, his drive for making sure his team delivered the best service possible appealed to us. It was so easy to hear it in his voice.

Jimmy contacted us again a few weeks before the wedding to finalize plans. We were pretty stressed and appreciated how he took it in stride that we hadn't quite gotten to answering a few of his requests....questions we really needed to answer such as what kind of music do you want, what does the DJ need to announce and when, etc.. A few days later, Jonathan contacted us by e-mail and by phone to introduce himself and check in on us.

Jonathan killed it at the wedding. Throughout the cocktail hour and dinner, he played lots of background music and kept the volume low so that everyone could talk. He even found & played some of the polish songs my polish bride requested! It wasn't until the end of the evening when people were ready to dance that he turned up the volume. That meant so much to us as our reception had a lot of people who we thought would probably not dance. Our cocktail hour started at 6 PM and I don't think anyone start to leave until 11 PM precisely because they were able to talk! As to the dance music, he read the crowd right and kept the floor packed.

Hire Deepblu. They're easy to work with, professional, and they deliver. We'd hired them again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 05/16/2016

DeepBlu Entertainment's reply:

Klaus, you are one unforgettable guy! I really enjoyed our conversations we had leading up to your big day, and you are one swell person! Jonathan said that you guys were just amazing to work with. Thank you so very much for giving us the chance to help make your wedding day extra magical!

Blake and Jimmy with DeepBlu made sure our wedding reception went smoothly and that everyone had a blast! They are very professional and were the most responsive vendor we worked with. We can't thank them or recommend them enough. Yes, there are more affordable DJs, but DeepBlu is absolutely worth the investment!

Sent on 05/05/2016

Kellie · Married on 04/23/2016

Great customer service and gave us exactly what we asked and wanted! Make the ceremony and reception perfect! Wouldn't have changed a thing - wonderful business!

Sent on 06/04/2016

DeepBlu Entertainment's reply:

This business is wonderful ONLY because YOU are wonderful! Thank you for being so thoughtful to take time out of your day to write this review. We really appreciate you and hope you guys have a wonderful life together!

Roglly · Married on 04/16/2016

We hired DeppBlu Entertainment for the DJ at our wedding ceremony, we had a latin-american wedding and the DJ was very good reading the crow and playing GREAT music that got everybody at the dance floor the entire night. We were able to select must play songs and banned those that we did not like to be played. The responsiveness of Jimmy and Justin (our day of wedding DJ) was absolutely great via email or text, which really provided a great peace of mind as a bride trying to keep up with everything. For out special songs they were above and beyond verifying the right version and confirming with me. I highly recommend their services, they were great and provided a very good party for our guests and us.

Sent on 04/27/2016

DeepBlu Entertainment's reply:

Roglly it was great getting to meet you guys and to help make your big day special! Justin had lots to say about your wedding and it was all great. He enjoyed himself as much as you did I assure you LOL. Have a wonderful life together and thank you so much for writing this great review!

Lori · Married on 04/16/2016

Jimmy Harris with DeepBlu Entertainment is AMAZING. He was so friendly and easy to work with. His price is unbeatable. Quality is top notch. He had everything you could need for a picture perfect wedding day. He accommodated a last minute singer with no hesitation. I would highly recommend him to anyone in Memphis needed a DJ! He really is the best and so fun to be around!! Thanks Jimmy!!!

Sent on 05/03/2016

Brandi · Married on 04/16/2016

We are so glad we picked DeepBlu Entertainment to DJ our wedding. They definitely know how to help throw a party and read their audience to determine music to play. It was a fun time had by all! Will definitely recommend to others!!

Sent on 05/04/2016

I was a little worried about the price of DeepBlu as I didn't have a huge budget. I booked them, however, because the customer service they provided seemed exceptional and they definitely followed through. They were literally worth every penny. I have told a few people that DeepBlu entertainment was some of the best money I spent on the wedding.
    Jimmy is insanely involved. He absolutely respects your position as the bride, and is a calming influence in the flurry of wedding planning. I have nothing bad to say about DeepBlu- book them today!!!

Sent on 04/27/2016

Lauren · Married on 03/19/2016

I can't tell you how much of a joy Deep Blu was to work with-Jimmy was seriously amazing, so joyful, kind, attentive(no joke, he answered every email in what seems like a matter of minutes), detail oriented, honest and professional. He was constantly helpful, he made sure everything was set up for our big day, and I'm pretty sure he works with a genuine smile on his face everyday. I don't live in the area, I love about 6 hours away, and he helped me with every detail and offered to skype with us in order to plan if needed. Justin was our day of DJ and he was great with all the little details, communicated so well, and played such great music according to our guests/style. Would love to have the chance to work with this company again in the future! They have a blast doing their jobs and help those whom they work with, to have a blast as well!

Sent on 04/05/2016

Suzanne · Married on 03/19/2016

Everyone said that they had the best time dancing and that the music was awesome!! Jimmy did a fantastic job!!!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Melanie · Married on 01/22/2016

The one thing that stands out more than anything else about this company is their service! I am the hardest person to please when it comes to customer service and especially since great service is so hard to find these days.

My daughter lives in Washington DC with her fiance and all of the local wedding planning details had to come through me. It was a pleasant surprise to find out that the people at Deep blu entertainment know just about every wedding vender in town so it made it extra easy for us to plan the rest of her wedding. We enjoyed every single email and phone call we had with Jimmy who is the director there. He made sure that we had everything we needed and always was there to help us with anything we needed.

I thought that what we had going for Selena's wedding was going to be very difficult since we had a couple singers for her ceremony time and we had a lot of strange music requests. These were handled so very well by our DJ who was hand picked for us according to what our style was and the venue that the wedding was going to be. All of the extra equipment was right there and it all sounded great! There was not a single hiccup all through the night. It was wonderful and fun and we can't say enough about what a great time we all had......young and old!

This is the best wedding DJ company in town for a reason. From the looks of it we made the right decision. I know we did and we will tell everyone about Deep blu entertainment!

Sent on 02/10/2016

Heather · Married on 01/17/2016

Had a ton of fun even though we had no alcohol at our wedding! This was a concern but it did not matter. It was nice to see everyone having a great time and dancing. Their music was perfect and they helped us pick out most of our songs for the ceremony part and the reception. Henry and I did not have any idea what we were doing but Jimmy helped us find songs that worked for us and he always was there every step of the way. Our DJ was Blake and he was dressed well and kept the mood of the reception very lively and his sound equipment sounded amazing. We highly recommend them!

Sent on 03/01/2016

Belinda · Married on 01/08/2016

The easiest decision we made for our wedding was having deepblu be there to give our wedding the superb fun we were looking for. Everyone we talked to told us that this was the way to go! My fiancee Todd and I had been to several weddings and other events where there was a deepblu dj and each one was off the charts awesome! I enjoyed the fact that they are very classy guys with a lot of talent and soul and our own dj was a real class act.
    We did not have a lot of real guidelines to give our dj to work with since we are pretty laid back kind of couple but he took what we did give him and ran with it. You could tell that he was really paying attention to our crowd and played music appropriate to when the mood had shifted and when it needed to get turned up or back off with something a little slower. It was all just the best and we are still hearing about what an awesome time everyone had!
    You will find it helpful to know that the cost of having these guys do our wedding was not as expensive as I thought either. In fact it was a lot less. I thought with all of the people around here saying how great they were it was going to cost us an arm and a leg but it did not. It was well worth every dime and I would tell anyone that.
    So thanks for making our wedding the event of the century! We loved it all and you made it happen for us! See you again at my bestie's wedding in September!

Sent on 02/15/2016

Betsy · Married on 01/02/2016

I'm not sure this review will do DeepBlu justice. Jimmy was AMAZING throughout our entire planning process. He responded to emails quickly, was very flexible with a bride who lived 800 miles away, was game for anything we threw at him ... absolutely, positively, hands down the best vendor ever. He MC'd the event in a professional, fun, and groove-inspiring way AND kept our guests on the dance floor all night long.

We are so, so grateful for DeepBlu Entertainment! Our night was simply smooth sailing in Jimmy's hands!

Sent on 01/11/2016

Lauren · Married on 12/12/2015

Jonathan was our DJ and he was great! As someone who was hoping to have a band, I was disappointed at first that it was not in our budget. However, after working with DeepBlu, I have to say that I would definitely choose them over a band any day! I was so impressed with the way Jonathan worked with the other vendors to make sure that all of the timing for everything was right. Booking DeepBlu is one of the best decisions I made for my wedding!

Sent on 12/17/2015

Morgan · Married on 11/21/2015

We love DeepBlu entertainment! I couldn't have asked for a better owner (Jimmy) and DJ (Blake). They were both awesome to work with! I would recommend DeepBlu to any Memphis area brides!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Sandy · Married on 11/06/2015

These guys score a solid "10" all the way across the board with everything. We needed help with everything from the get-go and it was all just a phone call or text away. Jimmy Harris is just about the easiest guy in the world to get in touch with. Not only did he answer emails with the speed and accuracy of a ninja, he already knew about 90% of what we could expect for our wedding just by knowing where it was and who else we hired for the other important things like our photos, flowers, video, etc. When we were assigned our DJ, we were given Blake who was as nice as he could be. He was very well dressed and a true professional. He knew where to go with the music at the right times and no one that left our reception left without telling Greg and I what a great time they had. It was everything we could have ever dreamed of!

Call these guys and just let them do what they do. They will not steer you wrong and I am happy that we followed the advice of our other vendors and used these guys for our wedding. It was a split-second decision but with all the awesome things that everyone says about them we did not have to think about it too much. It was for sure worth every penny! Thank you from a very happy couple!

Greg and Sandy Mac

Sent on 11/18/2015

Meisa · Married on 10/31/2015

Let me start of by saying I bugged Jimmy for a good two weeks with a list of questions before I finally decided to submit my deposit and sign the contract. I am so glad I made the decision to go with DeepBlu.

I not only enjoyed talking to Jimmy about song choices and wedding DJ activities, we ended up discussing our love for sky diving. Very personable and very reliable. He kept me in line, worked with my schedule, was able to get all the music we requested (this was a multicultural wedding-2 different cultures and languages + American). All in all i cant say enough great things about DeepBlu. I am so glad I chose to go with them as my DJ.

Blake actually DJ'd my wedding-sooooooooooooooo nice. He is just so cute and was so friendly, I would wave at him on the dance floor and he was up there having fun, playing songs, jamming along. I couldn't have asked for a better night.

I am by no means a girly girl, I am not the girl who has been planning a wedding since I was 5. I had maybe 5 months to plan this wedding and it was PERFECT!

So friendly
    So accommodating
    So sincere
    So helpful
    Great Equipment
    Very knowledgeable
    Super prepared
    Totally organized and on top of their game.

oh... and did I mention i am out of state? so, he not only had to coordinate with me, but he also had to coordinate with my mom and dad. talk about skill- he drove out to them, talked to them, planned with them, and the reception couldn't have been more fun.

My husband and I did not sit down the whole night!!!!!!
    I actually asked Jimmy to help me out with a few song choices and suggestions.
    And he made a killer remix to the bride march(that's what i call it) with a harley davidson motorcycle revving the engine.

I LOVE IT!

THANK YOU!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Sarah · Married on 10/17/2015

Jimmy is hands down the best DJ out there!! He is an absolute blast to work with!! He kept all of our guests entertained and moving all night long! We received several compliments on how fun our wedding was, and Jimmy was a HUGE part of that! He responded to my very first email within minutes of me sending it, and kept in touch with me throughout our 1 year engagement. Jimmy made sure all of my questions were answered, and helped me create not only the perfect reception playlist and ceremony music, but also helped me create an amazing slideshow! I recommend DeepBlu Entertainment to everyone I Know :)

Sent on 12/07/2015

Rae Lyn · Married on 10/10/2015

Looking for a great DJ? Look no further! Justin took the extra time & effort to make my special day rock. He was very responsive and extremely helpful. He rolled with my last minute changes & did an incredible job putting together a playlist. When I had questions or needed help making a decision he had great suggestions. He was able to get the party started on the dance floor & keep it going. He & Jimmy were absolutely wonderful. They are efficient, helpful, professional & talented. DeepBlu rocks!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Leslie · Married on 10/09/2015

All I wanted was a perfect wedding day with no heartache and no excuses why it wasn't going to be just right and that's what I got from deep blu! When it comes to flexibility these guys have it locked in! The owners name is Jimmy and he is one of the sweetest men you will ever meet. You know for sure that he knows what he is doing! He helped us with everything. We needed help with a photographer and a florist too and he helped us find a perfect match. He suggested one of his team for our DJ and this guy was the best DJ we have ever seen at a wedding. He dressed very nicely, he did not over do it when he was on the microphone, he played appropriate music at just the right times, and he flowed very easily in and out of every part of our reception. Jeff who was our DJ also set up sound system for our ceremony which was outside and everybody heard every word out of our minister's mouth. He even gave us an extra microphone for one person who read scripture in our wedding.

Everything that was promised to us was given to us and then some! There aren't enough words in the English language to express how much we loved our experience with this company and will help promote more of them every chance we get! So thank you very much for what you did for us and thanks for all the extra time and effort you gave us to make sure it was all just what we wanted!!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Eden · Married on 10/03/2015

Jimmy was the best! Super helpful, responsive and he kept the party going!

Sent on 10/15/2015

Rue · Married on 10/03/2015

Jimmy and Ryan were absolutely fantastic! Seriously, this is the best DJ/Entertainment group ever! When I initially contacted Jimmy about him DJ'ing our wedding, he responded within minutes of me sending the request form. The whole planning process was made so much easier with his help and anything we wanted done, he made happen. He provided us easy forms to fill our for ceremony and reception music and no matter how obscure the track was, he could find it and was more than willing to adjust tracks as needed up to pretty close to our wedding day. He even came through for us in a pinch when we needed help with getting our slideshow to work, going above and beyond! Jimmy even made sure to provide us with the most up to date technology for the best quality. Ryan DJ'd our wedding and he was so sweet and on top of things and made sure to play the tracks we wanted at our reception and refused to play tracks that we requested not be played. Our overall crowd may have dwindled by the time the dance floor opened up, but those of us still there danced, laughed, and had an amazing time! The whole event was so amazing and wonderful that I get misty-eyed thinking back on the day and the weekend in general. Thank you, Jimmy and Ryan! You guys are the best! :)

Sent on 10/27/2015

Callie B · Married on 09/25/2015

I had such a great experience with these guys from start to wedding! As far as customer treatment goes they stand as the best of them all. The owner is Jimmy and he always made sure that my emails were answered promptly and always had help there when I needed it. He was fun to plan with! Ryan was our DJ and he was very sweet and prepared. We all had a super great time the day of the wedding with dancers all over the place, even at their dinner tables. We recommed these guys highly to anyone out there. Thanks from Callie & Brad!

Sent on 10/08/2015