Decorative Sound Reviews

Decorative Sound 3
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 10/05/2019

So professional

Absolutely wonderful company. Michael was so patient with us while getting the details for our event while I was such a mess with wedding brain. He assigned Chuck to our event & Chuck was soooo awesome. He took care of anything we asked at any given moment, and made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible

Sent on 10/06/2019

Shonda · Married on 07/06/2019

Excellent DJ service

Excellent DJ kept the night moving with music

Sent on 07/13/2019
  • Cassidy

Cassidy Hamill · Married on 07/03/2019

Great music and a great time!

Micheal was waiting for the bridal party at the door when we got to the venue. He handed my hubby and I a drink and prepared everyone for the grand entrance. His music was lively and fun. He also kept the night moving at a good pace so no one got bored. Great DJ!

Sent on 07/31/2019

Malihe · Married on 08/18/2018

Decorative Sound is simply AMAZING. From the moment we met with Michael, we knew that he would be a perfect fit for our wedding. From the get-go Michael answered all of our questions that we had prepared to ask and he was so easy and professional to work with. He did an amazing job at our wedding. We wanted a mix of American and Persian songs played at our wedding and he delivered all we had asked for and kept the party going all night. Even our guests were so amazed that he played such amazing multicultural music. He is so knowledgeable and passionate about his job and also very humble individual. For example, an unforgettable event, right after the ceremony when my newlywed wife and I were taking photos with our guests (as you can imagine how exhaustive it can get standing and taking multiple pictures during summer heat), Michael graciously came around and handed both of us a cold glass of waters so we can cool down. What a simple act and a nice gesture that made my wife and I really happy and made us feel special. We could not have asked for more! Truly amazing!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Katie · Married on 06/09/2018

I would highly recommend Decorative Sound to anyone looking for a packed dance floor!!! Michael and his team are a pleasure to work with and make sure that the party keeps moving all night long!!!!

Sent on 07/09/2018

Kim · Married on 06/09/2018

Michael was amazing! He played music that we requested as well as to go along with the environment we were going for. He was flexible, timely, and professional. He was a huge part of keeping the night running smoothly and on track with our timeline. Definitely recommend Decorative Sound to anyone looking for a dj in the area!

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Q5D0Xi1g6anSHIDdmv5pOBcPavu/dpDS9S78sB/tJUc=

Alyssa · Married on 06/02/2018

Loved having Decorative Sound at our wedding! So helpful as the evening went on- keeping track of what was still left and getting us to where we needed to be, made sure we were there to hear our requested songs, and helped the guests have a wonderful time! Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Chandra · Married on 05/05/2018

Very professional, and not showy. We were looking for someone who could keep the party going but still be professional, and that is exactly what we found. They did a great job kept the music going with no awkward pauses. We highly recommend especially for the fact that they are easy to get in touch with, and help greatly with the music selection process.

Sent on 06/03/2018
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/30/2017

Chuck was great! He ran the whole show and it was wonderful not having to worry about a thing! Fun times and everything went smoothly.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Macy · Married on 08/12/2017

Michael was amazing to work with! He helped get our wedding party (18 people) organized and let them know where they needed to be and made sure they got there which helped the reception go very smooth! We highly recommend working with Decorative Sounds.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 07/08/2017

Super professional! Mike was who we worked with the entire planning process and we were even lucky enough to have him dj our wedding! He was super attentive to questions and listened to everything we wanted!! He played the vibe we wanted and avoided the stuff we discussed with him! He was awesome! I would highly reccomend him! He even knew about a polish traditional song we played at our reception! You could tell he was very experienced! He was classy and did not turn my reception into a "downtown club".

Sent on 09/05/2017

Vickie · Married on 05/21/2017

Michael is absolutely incredible!!! We met multiple times before the wedding date to make sure everything was planned correctly. Michael was such a huge help in helping us choose which songs we wanted for each part of the night. My favorite part, he made sure to correctly pronounce everyone's name of the bridal party (and we had some hard ones!). He practiced with us many times so that the night went perfectly. He was so helpful in making sure the entire night was smooth with absolutely no problems! Seriously talented person that everyone needs to check out!

Sent on 10/12/2017
    Decorative Sound 4
    Decorative Sound 5
    Decorative Sound 6

Jean · Married on 05/20/2017

Michael was our DJ and he was awesome. We walked into our reception and he immediately handed us our drinks we had requested when we met with him. Our dance floor was packed from the time the music started until the lights came on at the end of the night. He did such an amazing job and we couldn't be happier!!

Sent on 05/23/2017
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 10/01/2016

Decorative Sound was everything we could have wanted in a DJ. We first met with Michael who had actually been the DJ at my cousin's wedding almost ten years prior; we loved meeting him and spent most of the time comparing musical tastes before we got into the actual wedding business portion of the consultation. Michael offered us a coupon since he was technically a referral from my cousin - I thought this was an awesome gesture since their wedding was so much further in the past. We had about a million specific song requests that we wanted to be played (clearly exaggerating, but it was a very long list). Decorative sound made sure that they fit in almost every single song at some point in the night! They kept our guests dancing all night long and actually asked if it was ok to stay an extra hour since people were still having a great time - obviously we said yes! Our specific DJ was Rob, we really liked his personality, professionalism, as well as his sense of humor. He went along with anything we asked, which included giving up his microphone so that Aaron and I could sing 'Little Talks' by Of Monsters and Men. Most of our family and guests haven't seen us sing since our last high school musical and many said that was one of the highlights of their night. He continued to be accommodating because somehow my dad missed the performance and essentially demanded an encore at the end of the night; sorry/thank you Rob for obliging him! I love that they included CDs of all the music that was requested, it is such a nice touch and we love to relive our wedding day through the music :)

Sent on 05/05/2017

Andrea · Married on 09/17/2016

Decorative Sound was a class act for our wedding reception. Several friends and family members had them for their weddings, and we knew it was a must for ours. Mike was very responsive and helpful with all of our questions. Their availability speaks for their skills. We booked over a year before our wedding and got the last spot for our day. Mike was very helpful at our meeting a few weeks before the wedding. We picked out all the details for the big moments, and he had several suggestions to fill in any blanks that we had. Rick was our DJ and was FANTASTIC! Our dance floor was packed all night and he really got people engaged and kept the party going. Several people commented how professional and fun he was. The small details really set them above the rest. We received a CD with all of our songs that we picked out, and our DJ’s tie and pocket square even matched our colors. They know what they are doing from start to finish. Our reception was the party it was because we booked Decorative Sound!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Kaitlin · Married on 09/17/2016

Michael was amazing! He was very responsive and ensured we thought of everything ahead of time. On the wedding day, he made sure everything flowed seamlessly, from the ceremony to dinner, and especially for dancing. Most of all, he kept everyone on the dance floor all night long. Couldn't say enough great things about Michael!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Megan · Married on 08/06/2016

Decorative Sound was super easy to work with and always so helpful! Our dance floor was full the entire night. I highly recommend!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Jaime · Married on 06/04/2016

I initially called Decorative Sound because so many people had recommended them - friends and even other vendors! I called to set up an appointment about 7 months before our wedding date. When I spoke to Mike, he let me know that for our date, there was only one DJ left out of the 7 that they have! Because I had heard so many great things and because of all of the wonderful reviews online, I took the chance and booked them on the spot without meeting with anyone! The first meeting with Mike was great. He was very welcoming and descriptive about his services. He gave us a form to take with us and fill out before our final meeting with him. This form helped greatly! It allowed us to choose every single song for each important moment of the night - entrance songs, cake cutting song, etc. He also gave a 3 page list of the most requested songs, which was awesome and very helpful! At our final meeting, Mike looked over our form and the list of songs we provided and let us know that many of the songs we chose were going to be put on a CD that we could keep after the wedding! How cool!? He walked through exactly how the night would go, which I thought was great to do before the actual wedding night. On the wedding day, our DJ Nick was awesome!! He was fun and kept our dance floor PACKED the entire night!!! Our guests kept commenting on how great the music was and how they have never seen a dance floor so busy throughout the entire night of the reception. Nick also came up to my husband and I to give us 5-10 minutes notice whenever we were going to be doing something - cutting cake, bouquet toss, garter toss, etc. and was very flexible if I asked for a little extra time. He even came up to me and asked if it was OK to play a song on my "Do Not Play" list because my mom had requested it. I would HIGHLY recommend Mike and his team at Decorative Sound. True professionals who know how to have a good time!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 08/15/2016

christa · Married on 05/14/2016

They did an amazing job! I am glad I was able to book them!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Katie · Married on 05/07/2016

Mike was the only vendor that we were recommended by EVERY other vendor we met with, which sets the bar pretty high for him to fulfill. Throughout the process, we were very impressed and we understand why Mike is so highly thought of by his peers and colleagues. Mike did a great job helping us narrow down our music selections for every important moment on our wedding day. He listened to our suggestions and also provided his expertise to help us have the perfect music for our wedding day. We have been to many weddings and know how important the MC and music can be to making or breaking a great time. Mike certainly did not disappoint, he was professional and paid attention to all of the details we discussed. Mike adds personal touches to the day by coordinating his attire with our wedding colors, he brought us our first drink right after our pictures and provided us CDs of all of our ceremony and reception music to have and remember the day. Mike was definitely a pleasure to work with and we recommend Decorative Sound for any event.

Sent on 05/29/2016
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 04/23/2016

I met with Mike before the wedding and he was very easy going and made a stressed out bride feel totally at ease. We didn't have much in regards to the songs we wanted played - but a lot of what not to play (country, rap, etc). Mike took that info and made a playlist of so many oldies but goodies, stuff that really got people out on the dance floor (which was an accomplishment in itself since we had a luncheon reception.) Our guests had nothing but compliments and positive feedback regarding the music choices. Mike did a great job communicating with us in regards to the flow of the reception and what was next. The personalized CD at the end of the day was so special and will be cherished.

Sent on 05/11/2016
  • katya

katya · Married on 04/16/2016

Michael and his crew have a great reputation and lived up to it all. They came recommended by both our ceremony and reception venues (Fifth Third Field and Park Inn) as well as our photographer (David A. Stamm). Living in Texas, recommendations from Toledo-area vendors were everything for us, so picking Decorative Sound was a no brainer. When I visited Ohio last year, I had a chance to meet with Michael and you could tell he was a seasoned vet. His best advice to us was to let them do their job and I couldn't agree with him more.

At the reception, our DJ was incredible. He prepped the bridal party before we had our grand entrance and was always giving me a heads up when different events were on deck. If we had to make a last second adjustment in the schedule, he adapted without a skip. We wanted a spread of genres played - oldies, Texas country, pop, etc. - and he in his craft made it all make sense. Being at the tail end of friends' weddings in our big scheme of things, I thought it was even more impressive that multiple people came up to me and said they'd never seen a dance floor as crowded as it was for our wedding or that they themselves had never danced so much at a wedding. That was what I - and many other couples I assume - want from their big night. A packed happy mess of twisting and shouting.

At one point in the night, our DJ came up to me and said, "What do I need to play to get you on the dance floor?" I hadn't planned my hellos out well and was trying to see all of our guests still :) I told him, "Trust me, you've been playing them! I really want to be out there!" and so I hope to him in that moment I was able to assure him of the phenomenal work he was doing.

The night ended with my husband and I hoisted up on our friends shoulders and the timeless "Don't Stop Believing" ringing out through the hall. This wasn't even a "must play" but was just perfect and a testament to the knowledge and professionalism they bring. Thank you DS!

Sent on 04/25/2016

There aren’t even words to thank Decorative Sound enough for the amazing job Mike did at our wedding! Having worked with this business in the past for other events, I knew they would do a fantastic job. Mike made the night flow with such ease! He kept the dance floor full the entire evening. He was able to get our grandparents, our friends, and all ages in between all out on the dance floor together. He worked so well with our other vendors that we never had a worry the entire night about being sure everyone was on the same page. Thank you again Mike! We couldn’t have asked for a better wedding day!

Sent on 03/02/2016

Rachel · Married on 10/10/2015

Nick was our DJ and he did a great job. Our guests loved the music selection and the flow of the evening - wedding party introduction, cake cutting, first dances, etc.

Sent on 10/20/2015