DeBorba Events Reviews

32 Reviews for DeBorba Events

DeBorba Events 1
DeBorba Events 2

Richelle · Married on 10/14/2017

I know that it’s difficult to figure out what the best option is when it comes to the entertainment for your wedding, because I’ve been there! Our DJ was brought to us from our amazing wedding planner, Kate Whelan. Joe Deborba is the BEST, and I would recommend him to absolutely anyone, without hesitation. The minute we started working with Joe, it seemed like every piece of the wedding started falling into place. From our initial meeting, we knew how much he cared about making our wedding day the best it could be. He agreed to meet us over coffee, and made us feel like we were hanging out with an old friend. We talked about what kind of music we liked, and he immediately understood what kind of vibe we were going for. A week before our big day, we went over all the special song requests. We had a LOT. Joe was patient, and by the end of our meeting, he made us feel confident that he would help us throw the party of our dreams. The day of our wedding, he delivered!!!!! Everyone was on the dance floor, each “special” song was played, and we had the time of our lives! Our last song consisted of a spontaneous hugging circle and group singalong. A moment I will never forget. We are still getting messages from friends/family about how much fun they had and how they felt the music was exceptional. Joe, you are awesome. The bees knees! And to anyone looking for a DJ to handle your next event, Joe Deborba is your man! You won’t regret it!

Jill · Married on 10/13/2017

Joe is absolutely wonderful and the best decision you can make for your event is to hire him! He saw us through two venue changes and when the last change came 48 hours before our big day he swooped in with our planner to come to the rescue. It was his quick thinking, preparedness (extra generators anyone!!), hard work (he helped set up super early and brought so much extra lighting and equipment!), and awesome musical style that made our event truly special. We rocked out all night to our favorite genres and the dance floor was never empty. Joe was our DJ in shining armor and we couldn’t have been happier to work with him. He’s an incredibly sweet and hard working person and in the land of event planning many people are not as wonderful to work with- so do yourself a favor and hire him!

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

Joe was amazing! I actually have friends and family still complimenting me on my wedding DJ! I told Joe my two wishes for my wedding were a great party and everyone getting down on the dance floor - he really delivered! We had so many people who stayed to the end of our wedding dancing their faces off that we didn't have enough shuttles to take them all home! That's a serious success - thank you Joe!

mark · Married on 09/17/2017

I can't speak highly enough about Joe and DeBorba Events! They worked with my wife and I so much and were so flexible and professional throughout the whole process it made planning a breeze and the wedding unforgettable! You can select and personalize everything to the finest detail or trust in their expertise! Not to mention, they had the dance floor packed the entire night!

Linsey · Married on 09/17/2017

Joe is wonderful! 5 stars is seriously not enough! We just worked with DeBorba Evebts on our wedding for bistro lighting and DJ services and wow, we were seriously impressed. From the first moment I started planning services with Joe months ago, I could tell he was passionate his work and has a wonderfully friendly and welcoming personality. He created such an amazing lighting ambiance for our wedding and the music was on point! He worked seamlessly with our coordinator to make the whole night run so smoothly. He allowed us to customize our own playlist so every song was our favorite :)

I would very highly recommend Joe, he helped make our special night total success!

Mandi · Married on 09/09/2017

Joe was extremely helpful. He came out to the venue during multiple walk throughs with our planner to coordinate what was needed to make sure the day went off without a hitch. He spent time with us to understand our taste in music, what we liked, what we didn't, etc. He worked with us to create the perfect playlist for our wedding. He played the BEST music all night long and kept the dance floor packed all night.

DeBorba Events 3
    DeBorba Events 4

Angela · Married on 05/06/2017

Deborba came highly recommended to us while researching a DJ for our wedding. Needless to say, DeBorba lived up to their endorsement. Joe was absolutely professional, organized and extraordinary! Just can't say enough how much easier and smoothly our wedding was due to his accurate timeline. He had every song and music selection we asked for. He went above and beyond to make our special day amazing!!!

Sanita · Married on 04/28/2017

Joe provided amazing evening at our wedding. He was very prepared with our song selections and made the evening very smooth and on the schedule. He made our wedding perfect and just the way we wanted!

Allison · Married on 12/03/2016

If your idea of a successful wedding is one where your dance floor is full of guests having a good time, then please, choose DeBorba Events. Joe of DeBorba Events recently handled the lighting and all things sound for my wedding. Joe does more than just light the room and play music, he creates the theme and turns it into an event. Joe was able to read the crowd and keep people dancing!

In a day-and-age where anyone can plug in a playlist, many people wonder if a DJ is necessary, and I believe when you have the right one, it really is. Joe has the experience to be able to tell if people just aren’t into the music currently playing and make the switch seamlessly from one music genre to another.

The lighting also helped make the feel of the party, and he had different lighting schemes for ceremony, dinner and dancing. Having different lighting changes the feel of the event over the course of the evening, and it also makes the space feel tailored to your wedding so that the pictures of your wedding don’t look like everyone else’s!

Joe was great to work with, guiding us through the planning and making tools available to us to help in choosing music for those important dances. He MC’d the event as well, making sure our guests knew what was going on, from dinner being served to the last dance.

If you’re on the fence, take my advice and go with DeBorba Events! You won’t regret it and you’ll remember your wedding as the event of a lifetime!

Josephine · Married on 11/17/2016

Playlists were 100% customizable and uplights were gorgeous. Joe was an awesome DJ and easy to reach, as well as willing to drive out to where we were to meet. Organized our whole wedding and gave it structure. And was able to improvise the ceremony/reception to make everything flow smoothly, despite delays and last minute changes. He really saved our day in more ways than one.

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2016

I wanted to write you and thank you sincerely for making our wedding truly amazing! Thank you for taking all my favorite songs and making it into an epic playlist! The ceremony went incredibly smoothly thanks to you.

Ramon · Married on 09/03/2016

Our wedding venue had their own planner for our big day. Joe took it upon himself to be that extra hand (without overstepping). Wedding flow went great, Joe has a web based application that he goes over with his client that provides a timeline/music selection playlist/payment method for his services. Joe met with us multiple times to run through out the planning stages of our big day. I was so surprised how great he runs his business that I had to give him a shoutout during my Groom speech.

We had the normal song requests that Joe accommodated from our guests, but he also provided lighting at our reception that looked awesome! On his business web application, you can select songs from a vast list of music (I mean everything was on the list of music or he would accommodate adding anything not listed). We had trouble picking out songs for different parts of the wedding and he even recommended a iPhone app that provided ideas for each part.

We did use Joe for the ceremony, he mic'd up my wife and my self before our reception. All in all, I feel like a gained a new friend in Joe. He did a lot more than what you'd expect from a DJ and offered great ideas for our big day. He got people on the dance floor I never thought would be on there(including my mother who just recovered from a stroke). He was our best vendor at the wedding (and we had pretty awesome vendors). He comes highly recommended by my wife and myself. We will recommend Joe to all our friends getting married. I cannot stress what a great experience he provided, I wish I through many parties to keep hiring him. He's on top of his business and it shows by the service he provides. Joe (DeBorba Events) is the man, plain and simple!

Janelle · Married on 08/27/2016

Where do I begin! I am so happy that we chose Joe to be the DJ at our wedding. From the get go he was very helpful had wonderful ideas and was always so easy to get ahold of. Joe made our night truley magical. He was able to set up the night before so I was able to get a sneak peak. The lightly was beautiful as well as the draping I asked him to do. All I did was send him a few pictures and he did it exactly the way I wanted it. Joe is very professional, knows his craft, helpful and full of ideas. Our guest had so much fun and could not get off the dance floor. I could go on and on how wonderful joe is and was. Thank you DeBorba Events for everything and making my wedding dreams come true!

Erik · Married on 07/23/2016

Joe served as the DJ at our wedding at Las Positas Vineyards in Livermore, CA on 7/23/16 . We could not have been more pleased with the quality and professionalism Joe displayed. We knew after our initial meeting that Joe was the DJ for us. Joe is organized, helpful, and passionate about what he does. Joe was more than willing to meet our specific needs and even provided us with helpful advice on things we unsure of. Just as an example of the lengths he was willing go to ensure a smooth wedding, Joe got on his hands and knees to help the mother of the bride bustle my wife's dress before we made our grand entrance! Luckily, everything worked out perfect. Joe also helped us create the entire wedding timeline and ensured that we stuck to it which was important to us. Most importantly, Joe played an awesome mix of contemporary and older songs during the reception that kept the dance floor crowded all night. There were so many guests that came up to my wife and I and told us how much fun they had. It was an absolute blast! I would recommend Joe DeBorba for weddings or any other event that requires a DJ/MC. This dude is awesome. Thank you for everything Joe!

Joe did an absolute amazing job for our wedding. From our first conversation with him, his responsiveness, attention to detail, and professionalism were clear, as were his love of music and creating a couples dream day. Throughout our planning, he promptly answered questions, clearly communicated what he needed from us, and was simply a really nice guy. On our wedding day, he was well prepared, organized, and accommodating, and everything went perfectly. Joe made me feel so comfortable and I knew he had everything under control. He was able to transition over from our outdoor ceremony area to the inside reception cocktail hour, dinner and dancing location seamlessly. And let me tell you, our dance floor was alive! We had several family and friends tell us how great the music and mc'ing was after the ceremony was over. I also loved that Joe did our custom lighting throughout the reception hall and also designed a custom monogram for us on the dance floor. The lighting added just enough sparkle to the venue. It was such a relief that we did not have make accommodations with another vendor. We cannot thank Joe at DeBorba Events enough or recommend him strongly enough!

Patrice · Married on 04/02/2016

I'm ashamed it has taken me this long to write this review, but I really had to make sure I did one because working with DeBorba Events was a phenomenal experience. Joe and Deborba Events handled the sound, music, and lighting for our wedding. The lighting was perfect and set a beautiful romantic ambiance for our vineyard wedding. Joe was also our wedding DJ and he was awesome. I was probably a difficult bride and gave little direction as to what to play, but he was able to read the crowd and every song made us all hit the dance floor. I was so worried that no one would dance at my wedding, but thanks to Joe it was the pure opposite. I don't think anyone sat down during the entire reception. And we were able to enjoy dancing the night away with all of our guests. A year later, my family and friends are still talking about how much fun they had. Thanks Joe!

Diana · Married on 03/20/2016

Joe was alway prompt in his responses to our requests and questions. He catered to our needs and our diverse selection of music, including Latin songs, country and dance music. He was professional from the beginning and helped make our wedding day run smoothly and memorable. The He keep us dancing all night. We would highly recommend using his services!! Thank you Joe!!

nicole · Married on 01/31/2016

Where do I start with Joe Deborba! From the moment I met him at the bridal fair at the Waterfront Hotel in Stockton he had this excitement for me and my future husband! You could tell that Joe loves what he does!
    We met with a few other DJs, but no one really measured up to the type of service that Joe was offering so we decided to meet up and talk about our big day.
    Joe explained EVERYTHING in great detail, answered all of our questions and even gave suggestions! He never pressured us into booking him and he gave us some time to think about. Long story short, we ended up booking him and it was the best decision ever!
    From that day on, Joe was consistently communicating with us and even had an AWESOME website where we loaded all of our song choices and wedding day timeline which he was a HUGE help in assisting with.

And boy was my husband surprised. Joe played allll the old school music up to the new current music! We had a mixed crowd from young-old and Everyone at the wedding kept saying how GREAT of a job he was doing! Our guest stayed on the dance floor all night and didn't want the music to end! My husband and I LOVED him.
    Not only did he provide the music, but he provided the uplighting as well, and it transformed our room into a magical space! I couldn't believe how gorgeous the reception space looked!
    Joe was so patient with my crazy group of friends lol, he was not only an Emcee, but he made sure everyone stayed on time with our schedule and he also made sure that he coordinated with our photographers so that they got shots of all of our special moments.
    I cannot say enough great things about Joe. So if you're considering him for your wedding, please take my word for it. He's amazing!

melanie · Married on 01/16/2016

Joe DeBorba / DeBorba Events made our wedding reception perfect! Joe was so professional, classy, hip, cool...he was awesome! He was organized, and polite and we felt so relaxed, we were in good hands, he managed our reception wonderfully! The music was perfect, everything we wanted and more! I cant say enough good things about Joe DeBorba / DeBorba Events! Perfect! I will always recommend him!

Peggy · Married on 10/17/2015

From initial contact through Venue walk around to final thank you, Joe DeBorba was consistently professional and helpful with suggestions. No hard sell and so flexible with our schedule???? I highly recommend him for any type of event as he "gets it"!

Alexandra · Married on 08/08/2015

My husband and I would recommend Joe and DeBorba Events to anyone looking for an amazing event for any occasion. Joe was thoughtful, personable, timely, and extremely helpful with suggestions. He was not just our DJ, he was our MC for our wedding reception and helped it flow without a hitch, from keeping the buffet line moving, to moving into our cake cutting and first dance. Our guests, along with my husband and I, could not stay off the dance floor (we even asked Joe to DJ for another hour!) thanks to his great soundtrack! I can confidently say that you will not be disappointed by choosing Joe and DeBorba Events for your next occasion!

Di · Married on 06/27/2015

As the mother-of-the-bride, I was so very involved with every detail of my daughter's wedding. I will readily admit that I am a perfectionist and Joe DeBorba fit right in-line with my style. He addressed every question and concern that I had and reassured me that he would make the wedding flawless in respect to sound, music, lighting, coordination, etc. AND HE DID!!!! I highly respect his commitment to his clients. Please consider utilizing his services...you will NOT regret it!!!!

A satisfied · Married on 05/23/2015

Joe DeBorba and his team were the utmost professionals from the very first meeting to the end of our wedding. Joe is incredibly knowledgable on reading the crowd and playing music they enjoy. He had everyone up on our dance floor in no time. He even used lighting effects to create a wonderful glow over the reception as night fell. He and our photographer worked together to keep the day moving ahead and on schedule. If you are looking for a highly professional, well oiled DJ service, look no further than Joe!

Skye · Married on 03/21/2015

I gave a 5 Star rating in all categories because Deborba events is spectacular across the board. my wedding went wonderfully largely in part to his services. Joe works with the other vendors and the venue to ensure our planned time line was followed and adjusted as needed And requested by me. Wonderful website. Great personality and highly professional! Can't say enough good things about it.

Kristin · Married on 03/07/2015

The ceremony sound, music throughout the night, party on the dance floor, as well as lighting in the reception room was perfect on our wedding day thanks to Joe and his team at DeBorba Events!
    Joe was a master, master of ceremonies, professional and brought quality sound and music to our wedding. He was very flexible with us and gave us creative freedom. We had musicians that played our first dance songs live and Joe graciously welcomed working along side them and helping them plug in to his sound system so that our guests could enjoy the best quality sound. My husband and I also made a specific playlist for certain parts of the event and he was very open with using what we had done and helped keep to our esthetic throughout the evening.
    Joe and his team also completely lit the reception room. He suggested his new amber colored lights, and goodness so happy he did because they were gorgeous. The whole room felt warm and welcoming under their soft glow.
    Throughout our planning process Joe was quick to respond to any of our questions or concerns. He was very professional and extremely helpful. We are so happy we went with Joe and his team at DeBorba Events. I will recommend them to any and everyone. We are so thankful for them.

caleb + kristin wait.