DeBorba Events Reviews

40 | Rancho Cordova, CA

40 Reviews for DeBorba Events

• Jocelyn

Jocelyn · Married on 05/23/2020

Joe is a true professional

We were introduced to Joe by our wedding planner and we are so thankful we found him. Joe was one of the first vendors that we hired because music and a fun vibe were very important to us. We got so many compliments on how fun the dance floor at the wedding was which is exactly what we were hoping for. Joe was great to work with, professional and responsive. And his online portal was super easy to access and add songs to. He even helped us out with some fun uplighting to set the mood. Thank you, Joe!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • iamjulienne

Jules Y · Married on 03/15/2020

The best DJ for your Big Day!

Joe DeBorba really knows how to throw a party! He was recommended by our wedding planner and we are so glad to have booked him. He is professional, fun and easy to work with. Planning our Big Day's soundtrack was a breeze and we enjoyed picking out songs on his wedding planner. I appreciate that he made sure to play as many of our requests as possible. We had such a diverse range of songs and he was able to integrate different genres seamlessly. Even the guests who aren't into dancing found themselves on the dance floor at some point! As an MC he did a good job at moving the program along and keeping the energy up. We highly recommend him to all couples. Thank you Joe!

Sent on 04/23/2020

Cristal · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Bilingual DJ and MC

Joe was amazing to work with! This is his company and listened to everything I needed. From the beginning we shared that we needed a bilingual (Spanish and English) DJ. So Joe recommended Ruben. Ruben was definitely the best DJ we could've asked for!! From day one he was very attentive to our needs. He was very patent with our music selection. The day of the wedding he was a great MC and amazing at keeping everything on track. During open dance floor EVERYONE danced!! Even people who do not normally dance, were dancing. Ruben created an amazing atmosphere! I am so grateful for Joe and Ruben!! Best DJ vendor you can have and at an unbeatable price!

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Eric

Eric Kinsey · Married on 10/11/2019

Professional dance wedding DJ, Emcee and all around great guy

Start to finish Joe Debora didn't disappoint. Complete professionalism without any pushy sales pitch. Joe is there for the wedding couple. Clients can tell he enjoys working your wedding day and understands the role of being Emcee and DJ.
    Some highlights of what Deborba provided for our wedding
    -Transparent pricing/quote from the beginning
    -Necessary questions and details to determine what couple is looking for on their wedding day
    -Organized wedding planning website including a DJ portion where you can select songs from his library or manually enter in songs you wish to play
    -Professional lighting, sound and DJ booth. Audio was crisp! Extra up-lighting adds great touch.
    -Arrives early to set up and is completely independent but will coordinate with any necessary wedding staff, venue and family
    -Does a excellent job of quarterbacking/Emcee your wedding day by making announcements and introductions without stealing the show from wedding couple
    -Professional attire and respectful to all guests and staff
    -Excellent DJ. He had everyone dancing for 3 hours at our wedding. We skipped all the small traditions such as cake cutting, garter toss etc...and he spun an amazing party. Blew me away with his transitions and true DJing talent. Joe didn't just press play or start one song after another. He played an actual Club/Festival set that songs transitioned and blended into one another to create a great environment.

Sent on 11/28/2019
  • Z

Zoe Edwards · Married on 09/28/2019

A Hail of a Party

We were so excited to work with Joe, as he made us feel completely comfortable from our first phone call. Little did we know, he'd have a more tough job than any of us thought. At our wedding in Woodland we had a 0% chance of rain that morning, which actually meant thunder and lightening storms, a few rounds of hail and a nearby tornado (all during cocktail hour/dinner/dancing). As we planned on an all outdoor affair, we had to go through various changes throughout the day and Joe helped the party continue without missing a beat. Our dancefloor (which moved locations from our original plan) was still filled with our friends and family dancing around us until the very end and despite all the weather, there were no issues with any of the technical aspects. Thank you so much Joe!!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Johanna

Johanna Holm · Married on 02/09/2019

Professional, Organized Party Starter

Booking DJ Joe DeBorba was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planing process. Organized, charming and professional - Joe kept our reception right on schedule.

He asked for all the details in advance, everything from our timeline, what to play, what not to play and details on the speeches.

Joe served as a wonderful emcee as well, introducing our toasts, announcing cake cutting and our important dances and finally kicking off the best dance party when he opened up the dance floor. My friends are still talking about the boogie wonderland that was my reception.

We are huge fans of DJ Joe and his work! We cannot recommend Joe and his services enough. Hire him and your wedding, party, or event will go off without a hitch.

Sent on 09/24/2019

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

The perfect wedding DJ

Joe was the absolute best wedding DJ ever. From the moment we spoke I felt so comfortable with him and knew we'd be in good hands for our big day in Carmel, CA. He made sure to walk me through every detail, allowed me to ask as many questions as I needed and he was so kind and communicative along the way (which is key for a bride!). We received SO many compliments on him from our guests, and even had a few people ask for his contact info for their upcoming nuptials. Everything related to the sound of the day from the ceremony to cocktail hour to the reception was so smooth. He played off of the vibe of the crowd all night and hit the nail on the head every time. He also did the lighting production inside our reception venue which looked stunning. If I could do my wedding over again 10x I'd hire him 10/10 times. He is the best of the best, thank you so much for helping make our wedding the best day of our lives, Joe!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Richelle · Married on 10/14/2017

I know that it’s difficult to figure out what the best option is when it comes to the entertainment for your wedding, because I’ve been there! Our DJ was brought to us from our amazing wedding planner, Kate Whelan. Joe Deborba is the BEST, and I would recommend him to absolutely anyone, without hesitation. The minute we started working with Joe, it seemed like every piece of the wedding started falling into place. From our initial meeting, we knew how much he cared about making our wedding day the best it could be. He agreed to meet us over coffee, and made us feel like we were hanging out with an old friend. We talked about what kind of music we liked, and he immediately understood what kind of vibe we were going for. A week before our big day, we went over all the special song requests. We had a LOT. Joe was patient, and by the end of our meeting, he made us feel confident that he would help us throw the party of our dreams. The day of our wedding, he delivered!!!!! Everyone was on the dance floor, each “special” song was played, and we had the time of our lives! Our last song consisted of a spontaneous hugging circle and group singalong. A moment I will never forget. We are still getting messages from friends/family about how much fun they had and how they felt the music was exceptional. Joe, you are awesome. The bees knees! And to anyone looking for a DJ to handle your next event, Joe Deborba is your man! You won’t regret it!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Jill · Married on 10/13/2017

Joe is absolutely wonderful and the best decision you can make for your event is to hire him! He saw us through two venue changes and when the last change came 48 hours before our big day he swooped in with our planner to come to the rescue. It was his quick thinking, preparedness (extra generators anyone!!), hard work (he helped set up super early and brought so much extra lighting and equipment!), and awesome musical style that made our event truly special. We rocked out all night to our favorite genres and the dance floor was never empty. Joe was our DJ in shining armor and we couldn’t have been happier to work with him. He’s an incredibly sweet and hard working person and in the land of event planning many people are not as wonderful to work with- so do yourself a favor and hire him!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Megan · Married on 09/23/2017

Joe was amazing! I actually have friends and family still complimenting me on my wedding DJ! I told Joe my two wishes for my wedding were a great party and everyone getting down on the dance floor - he really delivered! We had so many people who stayed to the end of our wedding dancing their faces off that we didn't have enough shuttles to take them all home! That's a serious success - thank you Joe!

Sent on 10/11/2017

mark · Married on 09/17/2017

I can't speak highly enough about Joe and DeBorba Events! They worked with my wife and I so much and were so flexible and professional throughout the whole process it made planning a breeze and the wedding unforgettable! You can select and personalize everything to the finest detail or trust in their expertise! Not to mention, they had the dance floor packed the entire night!

Sent on 04/28/2017

Linsey · Married on 09/17/2017

Joe is wonderful! 5 stars is seriously not enough! We just worked with DeBorba Evebts on our wedding for bistro lighting and DJ services and wow, we were seriously impressed. From the first moment I started planning services with Joe months ago, I could tell he was passionate his work and has a wonderfully friendly and welcoming personality. He created such an amazing lighting ambiance for our wedding and the music was on point! He worked seamlessly with our coordinator to make the whole night run so smoothly. He allowed us to customize our own playlist so every song was our favorite :)

I would very highly recommend Joe, he helped make our special night total success!

Sent on 09/19/2017

Mandi · Married on 09/09/2017

Joe was extremely helpful. He came out to the venue during multiple walk throughs with our planner to coordinate what was needed to make sure the day went off without a hitch. He spent time with us to understand our taste in music, what we liked, what we didn't, etc. He worked with us to create the perfect playlist for our wedding. He played the BEST music all night long and kept the dance floor packed all night.

Sent on 10/31/2017
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 05/25/2017

Best decision ever!!

have had the pleasure of working with Joe, owner of DeBorba Events for the past 5 years as I am the owner of Events by Rebecca! I've been a wedding planner even longer than that. Quite frankly it was a no brainer to hire him for my very own wedding this January.

Joe consistently blows me away wedding after wedding... successfully DJing an event is SOOOOO much more than running a playlist. It's guiding the client in the planning process making sure they don't miss a single moment to have a special song play - joe did this beyond my expectation. Even as a professional I forgot so many things that he was totally on top of!!

It's the quality of the sound system., mics, lighting, etc. Joe has top notch everything - zero glitches.

It's being a great MC! Yep - your DJ is the guy who navigates your guests through the entirety of the event. Trust me when I say a bad MC can ruin your event. Joe is the best of the best! Right amount of enthusiasm, never makes it about it, and reads the room!! He's fantastic.

It's most importantly knowing the right song to play and WHEN to play it. Like I mentioned in the beginning - it's SO much more than running a playlist. Joe flawless reads the room and vibe and plays the perfect next jam to please the crowd and keep the party going. I distinctly remember almost being frustrated (LOL) that I couldn't leave on "the next song" to run to the bathroom because he kept playing the BEST SONGS and I couldn't tear myself off the dance floor and risk missing it!!! If you want a fully sweaty, hair ruined, dance your A** off time - Joe is the MAN!!!

I can't say enough good things about this man and his company. He's 100% worth the investment and then some. Please oh please don't risk your entire vibe, dance party, guest experience for a craigslist bargain or an iPod playlist. PLEASE. You will regret it.

OH! And opt to upgrade by adding the dry sparklers - literally the most epic thing of all time. No joke!!!

Sent on 02/02/2020

Angela · Married on 05/06/2017

Deborba came highly recommended to us while researching a DJ for our wedding. Needless to say, DeBorba lived up to their endorsement. Joe was absolutely professional, organized and extraordinary! Just can't say enough how much easier and smoothly our wedding was due to his accurate timeline. He had every song and music selection we asked for. He went above and beyond to make our special day amazing!!!

Sent on 05/22/2017

Sanita · Married on 04/28/2017

Joe provided amazing evening at our wedding. He was very prepared with our song selections and made the evening very smooth and on the schedule. He made our wedding perfect and just the way we wanted!

Sent on 05/01/2017

Allison · Married on 12/03/2016

If your idea of a successful wedding is one where your dance floor is full of guests having a good time, then please, choose DeBorba Events. Joe of DeBorba Events recently handled the lighting and all things sound for my wedding. Joe does more than just light the room and play music, he creates the theme and turns it into an event. Joe was able to read the crowd and keep people dancing!

In a day-and-age where anyone can plug in a playlist, many people wonder if a DJ is necessary, and I believe when you have the right one, it really is. Joe has the experience to be able to tell if people just aren’t into the music currently playing and make the switch seamlessly from one music genre to another.

The lighting also helped make the feel of the party, and he had different lighting schemes for ceremony, dinner and dancing. Having different lighting changes the feel of the event over the course of the evening, and it also makes the space feel tailored to your wedding so that the pictures of your wedding don’t look like everyone else’s!

Joe was great to work with, guiding us through the planning and making tools available to us to help in choosing music for those important dances. He MC’d the event as well, making sure our guests knew what was going on, from dinner being served to the last dance.

If you’re on the fence, take my advice and go with DeBorba Events! You won’t regret it and you’ll remember your wedding as the event of a lifetime!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Josephine · Married on 11/17/2016

Playlists were 100% customizable and uplights were gorgeous. Joe was an awesome DJ and easy to reach, as well as willing to drive out to where we were to meet. Organized our whole wedding and gave it structure. And was able to improvise the ceremony/reception to make everything flow smoothly, despite delays and last minute changes. He really saved our day in more ways than one.

Sent on 12/07/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/29/2016

I wanted to write you and thank you sincerely for making our wedding truly amazing! Thank you for taking all my favorite songs and making it into an epic playlist! The ceremony went incredibly smoothly thanks to you.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Ramon · Married on 09/03/2016

Our wedding venue had their own planner for our big day. Joe took it upon himself to be that extra hand (without overstepping). Wedding flow went great, Joe has a web based application that he goes over with his client that provides a timeline/music selection playlist/payment method for his services. Joe met with us multiple times to run through out the planning stages of our big day. I was so surprised how great he runs his business that I had to give him a shoutout during my Groom speech.

We had the normal song requests that Joe accommodated from our guests, but he also provided lighting at our reception that looked awesome! On his business web application, you can select songs from a vast list of music (I mean everything was on the list of music or he would accommodate adding anything not listed). We had trouble picking out songs for different parts of the wedding and he even recommended a iPhone app that provided ideas for each part.

We did use Joe for the ceremony, he mic'd up my wife and my self before our reception. All in all, I feel like a gained a new friend in Joe. He did a lot more than what you'd expect from a DJ and offered great ideas for our big day. He got people on the dance floor I never thought would be on there(including my mother who just recovered from a stroke). He was our best vendor at the wedding (and we had pretty awesome vendors). He comes highly recommended by my wife and myself. We will recommend Joe to all our friends getting married. I cannot stress what a great experience he provided, I wish I through many parties to keep hiring him. He's on top of his business and it shows by the service he provides. Joe (DeBorba Events) is the man, plain and simple!

Sent on 09/21/2016

Janelle · Married on 08/27/2016

Where do I begin! I am so happy that we chose Joe to be the DJ at our wedding. From the get go he was very helpful had wonderful ideas and was always so easy to get ahold of. Joe made our night truley magical. He was able to set up the night before so I was able to get a sneak peak. The lightly was beautiful as well as the draping I asked him to do. All I did was send him a few pictures and he did it exactly the way I wanted it. Joe is very professional, knows his craft, helpful and full of ideas. Our guest had so much fun and could not get off the dance floor. I could go on and on how wonderful joe is and was. Thank you DeBorba Events for everything and making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Erik · Married on 07/23/2016

Joe served as the DJ at our wedding at Las Positas Vineyards in Livermore, CA on 7/23/16 . We could not have been more pleased with the quality and professionalism Joe displayed. We knew after our initial meeting that Joe was the DJ for us. Joe is organized, helpful, and passionate about what he does. Joe was more than willing to meet our specific needs and even provided us with helpful advice on things we unsure of. Just as an example of the lengths he was willing go to ensure a smooth wedding, Joe got on his hands and knees to help the mother of the bride bustle my wife's dress before we made our grand entrance! Luckily, everything worked out perfect. Joe also helped us create the entire wedding timeline and ensured that we stuck to it which was important to us. Most importantly, Joe played an awesome mix of contemporary and older songs during the reception that kept the dance floor crowded all night. There were so many guests that came up to my wife and I and told us how much fun they had. It was an absolute blast! I would recommend Joe DeBorba for weddings or any other event that requires a DJ/MC. This dude is awesome. Thank you for everything Joe!

Sent on 08/19/2016

Joe did an absolute amazing job for our wedding. From our first conversation with him, his responsiveness, attention to detail, and professionalism were clear, as were his love of music and creating a couples dream day. Throughout our planning, he promptly answered questions, clearly communicated what he needed from us, and was simply a really nice guy. On our wedding day, he was well prepared, organized, and accommodating, and everything went perfectly. Joe made me feel so comfortable and I knew he had everything under control. He was able to transition over from our outdoor ceremony area to the inside reception cocktail hour, dinner and dancing location seamlessly. And let me tell you, our dance floor was alive! We had several family and friends tell us how great the music and mc'ing was after the ceremony was over. I also loved that Joe did our custom lighting throughout the reception hall and also designed a custom monogram for us on the dance floor. The lighting added just enough sparkle to the venue. It was such a relief that we did not have make accommodations with another vendor. We cannot thank Joe at DeBorba Events enough or recommend him strongly enough!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Patrice · Married on 04/02/2016

I'm ashamed it has taken me this long to write this review, but I really had to make sure I did one because working with DeBorba Events was a phenomenal experience. Joe and Deborba Events handled the sound, music, and lighting for our wedding. The lighting was perfect and set a beautiful romantic ambiance for our vineyard wedding. Joe was also our wedding DJ and he was awesome. I was probably a difficult bride and gave little direction as to what to play, but he was able to read the crowd and every song made us all hit the dance floor. I was so worried that no one would dance at my wedding, but thanks to Joe it was the pure opposite. I don't think anyone sat down during the entire reception. And we were able to enjoy dancing the night away with all of our guests. A year later, my family and friends are still talking about how much fun they had. Thanks Joe!

Sent on 04/27/2017

Diana · Married on 03/20/2016

Joe was alway prompt in his responses to our requests and questions. He catered to our needs and our diverse selection of music, including Latin songs, country and dance music. He was professional from the beginning and helped make our wedding day run smoothly and memorable. The He keep us dancing all night. We would highly recommend using his services!! Thank you Joe!!

Sent on 03/22/2016