Debbie's Sewing Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

1 User photo

Melissa R. Married on 10/13/2018

Excellent!

Debbie is very talented. She did a beautiful job on my dress and it was perfect!
    Rebekah Married on 03/23/2018
    Debbie is amazing. She works out of her home and I felt so comfortable having her hem and alter my dress. Her prices were fair and well worth the value. Debbie is very kind and responsive via email, phone or text. She pressed some clothes for us too and had them done within a 24 hour turn around. It was much less than that but I don't know how quickly she got it all done. Highly recommend!!!
    Krystle Married on 07/15/2017
    Debbie was great! Her work was excellent and service was fast. Thank you for being a part of my special day and making it even more special.
    Emmie Married on 07/01/2017
    Debbie is so amazing to work with! She did such a great job on my wedding dress that I had her make my rehearsal dinner dress! Her prices are very reasonable too!
    Kelse Married on 04/01/2017
    Debbie was able to do more than just fix my previous seamstress' mistake. She created custom off shoulder sleeves on my strapless dress that were perfect.
  • User2140999 2+ years ago
    Debbie is amazing! She is so talented and genuinely cares about each bride as if they were her own. She did my maid of honor dress and my sisters custom wedding dress for a steal! I will return for my wedding and send my friends to her as well! Debbie is a diamond in the rough!
  • User2536952 2+ years ago
    I thought my dress would never work after I lost weight two months before my wedding. Debbie made it work and it fits perfectly!
    Sara Married on 03/12/2016
    Debbie is one of the sweetest people I have met. She makes the bride feel at ease and fabulous. Her alterations were spot on and even better than we imagined. I cannot recommend her enough.

Debbie's Sewing's reply:

Thank you, Sara. It has been my pleasure to work with you and your family. Have a great wedding day! I look forward to seeing pictures!
    Destiny Married on 10/10/2014
    Amazing! Help me out last minute!

Debbie's Sewing's reply:

Thank you, Destiny! It was a pleasure working with you!
    Mary Married on 08/30/2014
    Had a minor panic about my dress the week before the wedding. I was able to get an appointment the Wednesday before and had all my needs addressed and the dress ready for pick up 2 days later! Everything looked great, and she didn't charge any extra for the rush fee or for fitting me into her schedule, which would have been perfectly reasonable. The prices were already great as it was. My husband, who generally scoffs at all prices for wedding stuff, was also very happy with the last minute alteration cost. My deepest thanks for the help, it made a huge difference in our day.

Debbie's Sewing's reply:

Thank for the kind words. I was happy to help you!
  • User1707936 2+ years ago
    Debbie did all of our alterations. My dress needed a hem, to be taken out in one area and in in another. Also had her add to my dress. All of my girls dresses had to have minor adjustment and my mom's needed a major hem. Everything was completed in a timely manner and the prices were great. I have used Debbie in the past and will continue to use her services in the future. I highly recommend her shop.
  • Shauna
    Shauna Married on 07/03/2014

Always amazing!

Debbie has been making alterations to some of the most important garments in our lives over the last five years or so; to include Youth Symphony gowns, both of my daughter's wedding dresses, wedding party attire, and my mother-of-the bride dresses. She added some beautiful touches to both wedding gowns to make them even more unique! Debbie is a talented, caring, professional, and kind seamstress! I highly recommend her for any of your alteration and gown-making needs as her knowledge and skills set her apart from other seamstresses!
    Shauna S.
    Miranda Married on 06/21/2014
    Debbie got me right in for alterations on my wedding gown. She made helpful suggestions I would have never thought of. She worked quickly and my dress for perfect. Her work was amazing. Very very pleasant to work with too! I have had her do another dress since, and I will use her for all my alteration needs in the future.

Debbie's Sewing's reply:

Thank you, Miranda! I thoroughly enjoy working with you and look forward to your next dress alteration!
    Crystal Married on 10/18/2013
    I would absolutely recommend Debbie and her work to anyone needing her services. I needed special alterations as I am six months pregnant right now and it was no problem for her. My dress fits perfect and looks perfect and then she made a customized veil for me which was exactly what I wanted be couldn't find anyone else, online or in stores. She put in a simple but perfect bustle and also pressed it for me. Not only did she provide me with everything that I needed and wanted, but she is so reasonable! I'm glad I found such a great and talented person to take this part of wedding planning completely off my shoulders!
  • User1392580 2+ years ago
    Thank you Debbie for your wonderful work on my wedding dress. It fit like a glove and looked amazing. Your personality, flexibility and professionalism is a plus to your talent and skills. Thank you!
    Angie Married on 09/14/2013
    Debbie was amazing to work with! I called her a month before my wedding and she had everything done within 2 weeks! Debbie hemmed my dresses, adjusted buttons and bustled the dress. Her work was wonderful! I highly recommend her!
  • Y
    Yvette Married on 09/09/2012
    I had found the perfect dress, but I was too big in some areas, and way too long. I absolutely wanted this dress to work because I fell in love with the V-neck, embroidery, and the beautiful train! So Debbie helped transform it into a perfect fit!! It was definitely a fairy tale wedding, thanks Debbie!!!
    Michelle Married on 06/02/2012
    I found Debbie online to do alterations on my wedding dress. She did an amazing job and the results were beautiful. (She added a modesty panel since the dress was a little too low cut for my taste and also a bustle.) I would definitely recommend her to everyone...she is friendly and professional. She took the time to listen to my ideas then provided alternative solutions that I hadn't thought of...which turned out much better than my original idea.
    Kristina Married on 08/13/2011
    Seamless work! :)

Debbie did a fantastic job on my alterations and had wonderful recommendations on bustling for my wedding dress.

Beautiful, loved it!
    Sara Married on 07/01/2011
    I bought my wedding dress in Denver but didn't want to drive back and forth from Colorado Springs for alterations. I found Debbie online. All the reviews about Debbie and her work are true. She's awesome! She fixed the hemline on my dress, did the bustle and fixed a shoulder strap for me for way less than what the bridal shop was asking for. Everything turned out great! I couldn’t of been happier!
    Jillian Married on 05/21/2011
    Debbie did a great job altering my wedding gown. I got a great deal on an off-the-rack dress at a boutique that was going out of business, but the dress was too small. Debbie was able to replace the zipper with a corset back, and the dress ended up fitting perfectly! She also did it at a fraction of what a larger bridal boutique might charge. She also did the bustle on my dress, which turned out lovely.
    Carolyn Married on 06/07/2009
    Debbie has altered every formal dress I've ever worn, from my first prom dress Sophomore year of high school to my wedding dress. She custom made my bridesmaid dresses, and they were so beautiful she had people asking to buy them straight off the mannequin! I recommend her to everyone I know, and so far all of them have gone to her and love her. I highly recommend her!
    Kelly Married on 08/17/2008
    After buying my wedding dress and going to the place that I bought it for an alterations consultation I was HIGHLY dissatisfied with their service. I knew my dress was crooked but they were trying to convince me otherwise. Luckily my bridesmaid was with me and said as we were leaving, I know of a lady named Debbie, lets see if we can get you into her. I went to Debbie and she was amazing!!! She saw right away what I saw which was that my dress was crooked. She spent a lot of time going over every line of the dress to make sure that it was going to be perfect for my wedding day. I went to my final fitting with her and my dress was perfect! It fit me like a glove and looked like it hadn't been touched! She even took apart one of the bridesmaids dresses and put it back together perfectly as well! Debbie works wonders and I will tell all my friends and family about her! Thank you Debbie!!
    Amy Married on 08/04/2007
    I found Debbie through an ad on the radio, and I am so glad that I decided to give her a try! Debbie altered my mother's wedding dress to fit my body and my style. My mom's dress was an 80's style dress with lots of "fluff", and I wanted an elegant and simple dress for 2007. Debbie made my perfect dress from my mom's dress, which was very important to me. The dress was a 2007 version of my mom's... it was my mom's dress, just made for me. I was happy with the way the dress looked and fit on me (it was actually comfortable), and I was sincerely happy with the speedy time it took to custom alter my mom's dress. Debbie was professional and showed a sincere desire to please the bride and make things convient for me... she did so well, I recommended her to my sister... and my sister was also happy with Debbie's work!
    Kimberly Married on 12/31/2005
    I have known Debbie for 10 years and have seen the work that she has done. When I got married she was the only one that I wanted touching my dress. It was so nice to know that I could have her alter and bussel my dress and not have to worry about my dress. She also made me a a beautiful veil that complimented my dress perfectly! I would highly recommend Debbie's Custom Sewing and Alterations to any bride or bridesmaid or for any formal dress that you want/need alterations done on.