DC EVENTS & DESIGN Reviews

76 | Monterey, CA

76 Reviews for DC EVENTS & DESIGN

Katelynn · Married on 09/14/2019

The best!

DC Events and Design are true artists and are so incredibly talented at what they do! They were beyond AMAZING to work with from beginning to end! Our highlight film looks like it could be a Hollywood movie, and they delivered it earlier than expected! They were professional, responsive, very organized and kind. The videographer we had on our day did a fantastic job not only working well with our photographer, coming up with great ideas/shots, but also respected our time and and let us share our moments together without interrupting. Having a videographer was the best decision we made. It’s such an important aspect of a wedding day and it truly captures every moment of the day that photos just cannot. The final product was everything we wanted and more. You will not go wrong in choosing them to capture your big day!! Worth every penny!! If you are looking for a videographer DC Events and Design are the best in town!!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Alycia

Alycia · Married on 02/24/2019

Made our Reception a Blast!

We hired DC Events in need of DJ/Emcee services and ceremony audio for our wedding. Jonathan did a fantastic job! He was great at walking us through the music sheet before the wedding, and very professional and friendly during both the ceremony and reception. We had lots of compliments on the music and the audio for the ceremony. I can definitely recommend DC for others looking into music and audio for their wedding or event!

Sent on 04/14/2019
  • Rose

Rose · Married on 09/29/2018

Stop your search and book DC!

Dominic and his team are some of the best in the business! We used their DJ (big shoutout to Jason, he was incredible!!!) and videography services. We planned our entire wedding from out of state and they made the process seamless from start to finish.

All of our guests (spanning multiple generations) had a great time and were out on the dance floor. The DJ/MC can be one of those wedding items that people push to the side but trust me when I say just how important it is to have an experienced company who listens and understands what you are looking for. Your guests will most likely not remember the florals and linens you obsessed over, what they will remember is having a good time and that begins with the DJ!

Four months after our big day and I still watch our wedding video a few times/week because I can’t get over how DC captured every moment so perfectly. (Our families were in tears the first time watching it!) Steven worked effortlessly with our photographers and at times I forgot he was there because he was so unobtrusive during those moments you want to be in and enjoy.

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding was hiring and trusting the team at DC!

Sent on 01/20/2019
  • Katy

Katy · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I hired DC Events and Design for their DJ services after reading great reviews other customers wrote. Our wedding went very smoothly and some of the most common remarks we have received from our guests have been about how great the music was. Our DJ, Vincent Verduzco, was super easy and enjoyable to work with. He listened to us explain what we wanted to the last detail and he made it happen. One of our priorities when planning our wedding was finding a DJ who could make our wedding exactly what we imagined musically and make our loved ones happy and thanks to DC Events and Design we succeeded. It is without hesitation that my husband and I recommend DC Events and Design to anyone looking for a DJ for a wedding or similar event.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Danielle · Married on 05/19/2018

We used DC Events and Design for the DJ for our wedding reception at Bayonet and Black Horse. Jordan Caballero was our DJ and he was fun and easy to work with, we had people dancing all night (all the way to midnight!) DC Events and Design always responded promptly to any questions we had and made it easy to plan our evening. Thank you, would definitely recommend!

Sent on 07/19/2018

Mayra · Married on 11/09/2017

My husband and I had our wedding Nov 9th. Our DJ did an amazing job. He got the party started and kept it going all night.

Sent on 11/20/2017
  • Crysta

Crysta · Married on 10/07/2017

My husband and I were convinced we did not need or want videography of our wedding. Sounds really silly right? Thankfully our married friends convinced us otherwise! We found DC Events & Design after watching what felt like hours of wedding videos online. We picked a video randomly on their site and as luck would have it, it was actually a video of a wedding at our venue. We were absolutely blown away by the quality and the cinematography. This "wedding" video could have easily passed for a silver screen movie trailer. We watched a few more videos and we were certain we had struck gold.

We knew we had found the one after chatting with the owner Dominic who was warm, thoughtful and professional. We choose their midrange package to receive a highlight reel of the day and added an extra hour of videography to accommodate the timeline of our festivities. The entirety of the booking and payment processes were easy and we never had any trouble getting a hold of Dominic for questions. We had the pleasure of having Steven Darling video our actual wedding day and he was everything you could want and more! He worked hand in hand with our photographers and was thoughtful of his presence throughout the day. He took a variety of shots and angles for the day and even broke out a drone for aerial footage.

We received our wedding video 6 weeks after our wedding which is an amazing turnaround. There is no better way to describe it than to say that it was perfect.

If we can offer any advice for your wedding: get videography, a highlight reel is the perfect way to big day and of course: go with DC.

Sent on 12/04/2017
  • Brianna · Married on 08/21/2017

My husband and I got married yesterday with Wedgewood Carmel and we had Jason as our DJ and he did absolutely amazing! I gave him a few songs that we liked and he turned it into the perfect playlist! I definitely recommend this company and especially Jason for your future wedding!

Sent on 08/22/2017

Gaston · Married on 02/12/2017

The best pictures I've ever seen!! Thank you so much for your job!!!!!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Jenn · Married on 11/06/2016

Working with DC Events & Design was everything we could have wanted for our wedding day. Dominic was responsive, helpful and overall a great asset to helping us with our wedding timeline and planning for the big day. On the day of our wedding, our DJ/MC Jonathan was on-time, helpful, and professional. Our day ran smoothly because of him and we are so grateful. I highly recommend DC Events & Design!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Amanda · Married on 10/22/2016

YES YES YES!! Dominic was an incredible videographer... He was responsive, on time, and hustled his little booty around my wedding day the ENTIRE time!! He captured every detail of my day and I couldn't be more thankful!!!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Nathan · Married on 08/13/2016

I really wish this would let me write more than it is letting me so I will type a very shortened version of what I originally wanted to post .
    This is the most PROFESSIONAL team and services I have EVER done business with!! You'd be making the BEST decision of your life on the biggest day of your life to book with DC Events & Design for your wedding or any other event!!!
    In my opinion if you do not choose DC Events & Design for your wedding photography, videography and DJ services, then you are making a mistake and most likely wasting your money.
    Thank you Dominic, Jonathan and Cole at DC Events & Design!!!!
    This was the company with the best prices, employees with the best personalities and absolute best skills in the industry!!! After researching more than 15 companies I found none better than DC Events & Design.
    Like I said I really wish this would let me post more!!!
    I had so much more to say!! so many great things can be said about this company!!

Sent on 11/25/2016

MEKENZIE · Married on 07/23/2016

We used D.C. Events for our wedding in July at a secluded private ranch. Not only did Dominic make the drive all the way out there he was cheerful and enthusiastic and just plain amazing!! The entire process from initial call to planning to execution and delivery was perfection! He worked with my hectic schedule and my odd availability times ( since I work nights which was amazing. He was able to create not only an amazing video of our wedding but a forever client. I plan on working with D.C. Events and Design again very soon!!!! Hands down best choice you can make for your special event is to hire them!!!

Sent on 09/28/2016

Stephanie · Married on 07/20/2016

Didn't connect until the end with these guys but were so lucky to get Jonathan. We chatted about a week before the big day and chatted about what kind of music we liked, the timeline of our event and sent over our list of music. Then my husband followed up with a couple text messages (cause Jonathan is easy like that) about some suggestions and was super flexible when we had to make a last minute change. They had a board up where the guests could make requests. We also had a song and version that was a favorite and when asked, Jonathan said if we don't have it, we'll download it!
    All our guests had a great time dancing and several were sore the next day. Super fun party, thanks again!

Sent on 08/15/2016

We worked with Jonathan and he was amazing! There were lots of cooks in the kitchen on the day of so to speak and he was more than flexible and just went with the flow! He even helped plan a special surprise!! It was such a personal experience and I could tell that he really cared about our big day!! I found DC events & Design and met Dominic within the first week of contact and he was so professional and helped really plan our day!! His time line that he's has the DJs use is awesome and really helps with the flow of everything!

I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for an awesome DJ for their wedding!!

Sent on 07/26/2016

Jeff · Married on 06/24/2016

Brian was great with us during our wedding and wedding reception. He even gave us some wiggle room when we ran over a little bit of time taking pictures with guests. Brian is very timely, communicative, and AWESOME. He knew when the "moment" was over for each part of the wedding and reception so we could switch things up accordingly to the timeline. I definitely recommend Brian as a DJ to any event.

Sent on 07/12/2016

Jin · Married on 06/12/2016

We really enjoyed working with Dominic(boss) & Jonathan(DJ)! They're nice, knowledgable and willing to accommodate our requests. They helped us setting up the schedule of our big day, and provided suggestions. That really helped us and made our preparation less stressful.

During the big day, Jonathan did a great job as MC. He kept everything on schedule and adjusted everything when necessary. Overall, without him, our ceremony and reception couldn't go well as it was. Thanks, Jonathan!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Loren · Married on 05/07/2016

Jonathan was the DJ for our wedding and was fabulous. Everything went smoothly and he played a great selection. He even got both of our grandmothers dancing! I like country and my husband likes hip hop, and he totally made them both work. Dominic is great to work with as well and is very responsive and organized. Highly recommend this company!

Sent on 05/14/2016

Christin · Married on 04/22/2016

I had Brian for my wedding. He did a great job. Had a great mix of music for my English/Spanish wedding.

Sent on 04/28/2016

Brianne · Married on 04/09/2016

Brent was our DJ for our 4/9 wedding at Bayonet and Black Horse and let us just say...best DJ ever! We asked all of our wedding guests to request a song when they sent in their RSVP's, so we had a pretty extensive and specific request list that we turned in to Brent. He played each of those songs as well as all of the last minute requests that we texted him the days leading up to the wedding! Brent was so positive and upbeat in his responses. Whatever songs we requested day of he always played, even when we had weird requests that weren't easy to find (Thizz Face!). We dealt with Dominic a bit before being turned over to Brent, and he is awesome to work with as well. Brent and Dominic both helped me (the bride) pull off a music surprise for my groom and it was flawless. We even grabbed the mic from the DJ towards the end of the night so the bride could do some karaoke! The whole day was flawless, and we owe so much of that to Brent!! We were so pleased with DC Events and with Brent that we are ready to throw another party so we can hire them again!!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Chelsea · Married on 03/13/2016

Brian did a great job at my wedding. I would recommend him to a friend :)

Sent on 04/22/2016

Josephine · Married on 11/01/2015

We are extremely happy with our decision to hire DC Events and Design. Our video looks fantastic! Our highlight video captures all of the important moments and our DVD of the chapters was great as well. Both Dominic and David were a pleasure to work with. I would definitely recommend DC Events and Design!

Sent on 02/26/2016

Wow THEY ARE AMAZING!! Our wedding was in 10.24.15 @ Rancho Cañada through Wedgewood and they didn't phenomenal job.
    I love his photographers, videographer, Dj Brian, and Party Bus.
    They are all very very professional, friendly and talented. The pictures came out beautiful as well as the video. DJ Brian was super helpful and awesome with the music and lights.
    I will 100% recommended them to anyone!!!
    Dominic thank you and your team for making our special day stress free, special and beautiful!
    Ry & Ty

Sent on 12/15/2015
  • Christina and Shingo

Christina · Married on 10/17/2015

We used DC events and design for our 10/17/2015 wedding. Their DJ services were booked through Wedgewood and our DJ Jordan did an amazing job keeping the dance floor packed. He was also a great MC throughout the night. We just received our highlight video from the big day and all we can say is WOW! David and Kat did an incredible job capturing our wedding from start to finish. It was so much fun to watch the footage and we can't wait to get the full DVD. Everything was edited nicely and we were so excited to share it with friends and family. Would definitely recommend their services to any couple in the area!

Sent on 12/01/2015

lindsay · Married on 10/10/2015

My husband and I got married at Wedgewood Carmel on 10/10/15. DC Events & Design was the venues vendor for music and DJ and we were lucky enough to get assigned Brian LaPlace, he was Amazing!!! He created an entire playlist for the day of ALL the songs we wanted! We listen to alot off Cali Roots and we were worried that our older guests would not know any of the music, but the playlist was incredible he stuck with all the songs WE loved, and made sure too add in the ones that our guests knew and liked too! He was more than a DJ, he also helped keep our entire wedding timeline on track and made sure everything went as planned with no problems. For my father/daughter dance i changed my mind 4 days before the wedding on what song I wanted to do, and he was able to create a whole new "special mix" that was amazing and get it to me the next day so we had time to practice. He was constantly checking on my husband and I the whole day, and went out of his way too make sure we were happy. We got soooo many compliments from friends and family on how nice he was and how great the music was! We couldnt have had a better time and we are so grateful to DC Events & Design for sending us Brian for our special day! THANKS AGAIN!!!

Sent on 10/15/2015