58 Reviews for Daybreak Ceremonies

Rehearsal (2)
Customized Vows (2)
Licensed (1)
57 Daybreak Ceremonies Reviews

Rev. DeKornfield came out to officiate me and my wife’s ceremony at our home on his Birthday early in the morning as we requested. He was on time and read beautiful vows in front of our family! He made eye contact with our family and made it a wonderful ceremony! Trust me you will not be disappointed with booking with Daybreak Ceremonies! ~ Kiosha & Latoya Hodge

Profile Picture Latoya, 7/27/18, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious

Jim has to be the most complimented wedding officiant EVER!! My guest gushed and raved about the ceremony. Once we selected him, he took the time to understand our story and our preferences. He crafted the most beautiful ceremony that really fit us and our personalities. I highly recommend him!!!!!

Profile Picture Sharon, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim is great! I did a ton of research before deciding on an officiant and we ended up going with Daybreak Ceremonies. The professionalism and value we got was unmatched. An added perk is that he is funny too. Great response time and Jim had a lot of patience with us as we exchanged multiple drafts. The ceremony was great. Would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I are both female enlisted soldiers stationed in Alabama but wanted to get married in SC so that our family could be part of the ceremony. Reverend Jim Dekornfield was incredibly flexible, professional, and kind. He not only drove several hours to meet us but also helped us choose the perfect location as we were unfamiliar with the area. We are so very thankful of his services. We highly recommend Rev Dekornfield for couples who want an open-minded and welcoming officiant for their wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Rev. Jim DeKornfeld, officiated our son and his beautiful bride's wedding. He helped them create a ceremony that focused on them, their story, love and their wedding vows. He was able to talk about them as if he had known them for many years while creating a whimsical atmosphere of joy and love. He did not dominate the service- it was all about the bride and groom! It was perfect.

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

My wife and I are both female military enlisted soldiers stationed in Alabama and we wanted to travel to South Carolina so our family could be part of the wedding ceremony. Reverend Jim Dekornfield helped fulfill our wedding ceremony dreams. He went above and beyond in ensuring our comfort as well as being flexible to our schedule. We are incredibly thankful for his warm and welcoming presence. We highly recommend Rev Dekornfield for couples who want quality professional and kind service.

Profile Picture Tracy, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim was absolutely wonderful in officiating our ceremony. He created a beautiful story of our love and life together and was able to tell it in a way that was funny, touching and sentimental at the same time. He was incredibly easy to work with, on time and very professional every step of the way. We were thrilled with our ceremony; it was everything we wanted and more. Would highly recommend Jim to anyone.

Profile Picture Ryan, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim was absolutely wondeful. Working with us to meet and tell our story to him was extremely helpful as we navigated a very busy time ahead of our wedding. Jim went out of his way to insure our ceremony was exactly as how we envisioned and helped my bride and me craft a ceremony that matched our love perfectly. Thank you Jim and I would, without reservation, recommend Jim to anyone planning a special day.

Profile Picture Tom, 2/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim was a wonderful officiant! He completely custom tailored our wedding ceremony and told the "story" of my now husband and I. He was an amazing communicator and kept me in the loop and on track for our big day. With so many details to keep track of, he assisted in keeping me informed. Wouldn't recommend anyone else. He threw many of his own special touches in there that just felt right for our ceremony! Thanks again Jim Dekornfeld!

Profile Picture Danielle , 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim officiated the ceremony for my husband and I on September 10th, 2016. We informed him of how we met and he did a fantastic job of putting it together to come up with the wording, listening to any changes we wanted to make. He kept the ceremony light with some funny moments like I wanted. It was an outdoor wedding and he spoke loud and clear. I would definitely recommend Jim to others.

Profile Picture Nena, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We just had our wedding and Jim was fantastic. His professionalism and quick responses made our day perfect. He always got back to us the same day and made the event stress free. I would highly recommend Jim. He was willing to travel and even rode a chair lift lol. He gave us a few ideas to make our day even more special and memorable. Thank you again Jim for making our day perfect.

Brian and Gian

Profile Picture Brian, 6/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim is an angel sent from God. He not only grasped my husband and my personalities, but wrote a wonderfully romantic,, and humorous love story about our reuniting, and made everyone laugh in the process. We loved the lightheartedness of the ceremony as it was both his and my second marriage. It was so good I may have to have him do a ceremony every year for our anniversary. All kidding and fun aside, Jim was the most professional, attentive, and enjoyable man to work with. I would recommend him far before anyone else. Thank you Jim!!!

Profile Picture Jessie, 6/18/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Single Religion, No Denomination

Jim officiated for my wife and I on June 5th 2016. Neither of us had ever been to a same sex wedding and were not sure as to how the ceremony should go. Jim helped us to create a beautiful, meaningful and intimate ceremony which felt every bit our own and was more than we could have imagined. He was very open to incorporating different cultures, faith and traditions. He was really easy to work with, responding quickly, very organised and it always felt like he was really invested in our day. It was wonderful to have Jim be part of our wedding!

Profile Picture Elaine, 6/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim was the most wonderful officiant we could possibly have imagined! His speech was witty, insightful and moving, and harmonized so perfectly with the the tone of our relationship. He is flexible and hugely professional, and helps take a lot of the anxiety out of the occasion. He also sends you a wonderful questionnaire beforehand, which is really fun to fill out and can be pleasantly revealing, as well as very touching. He made our wedding completely wonderful and I recommend him in the strongest terms to anyone!!

Profile Picture Serena, 5/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Thank you Jim for everything. We greatly appreciated all of your help.

Profile Picture Dale, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We were married by the Rev. Janet Kenworthy in the garden of the Given Library in the village of Pinehurst. We wanted to comment about the beautiful wedding that Rev. Janet planned for us, especially the words she spoke. We would very much recommend her services -- she provided us a very memorable ceremony for which we are very grateful.

Profile Picture Tim, 4/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

A wedding is supposed to be about the Bride and Groom, yet that rarely happens. Everyone tries to make it about them instead, causing stress and frustration for those who this day should be about. That is not the case with Jim DeKornfeld and Daybreak Ceremonies. Jim made our day so special and made it about us. He started off by sending us both a questionnaire to get to not only know us better, but to know our love story as well. A couple days later he emailed us a rough draft of the script. I was blown away by how gifted Jim was in his writing and about how the whole ceremony was catered to what we wanted, instead of something basic and traditional. Jim was so accommodating and made sure that the ceremony was exactly what we wanted. So many of my guests told me afterwards that they thought the ceremony was beautiful and very well written. I highly recommend Jim DeKornfeld for your wedding needs. He will not disappoint!!

Profile Picture Marie, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We had to look for an officiant for our wedding about two weeks before the big day, and were really fortunate to find Jim and Janet from Daybreak Ceremonies! In that short period of time, they managed to put together a beautiful customized ceremony script that was very personal and reflected exactly the tone we wanted. For this they use couples questionnaires that you have to fill separately, and working on them was a great experience for both of us as a preparation for the wedding day. They were also super flexible to make any change we suggested in the final script, which included adding a bilingual text! The day of the wedding, Janet did a great job as our officiant, and many of our guests complimented us on how beautiful the ceremony was and how it reflected well our relationship. Like probably many couples, we wanted our ceremony to be the most special part of our wedding day, and Janet and Jim made this really possible.

Profile Picture Léda, 4/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious, Single Religion, Customized Vows, No Denomination

Jim did an amazing job! He came highly recommended, and really tailored our special day for us, wonderful ceremony!

Profile Picture Farid, 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

I contacted Jim at Daybreak Ceremonies about ten days before the date we wanted for our small ceremony, which was a National Holiday. After running into a number of road blocks due to all government offices being closed, as well as a lot of businesses closed on our wedding date, Jim said yes to officiating our ceremony on our chosen date without hesitation! He was so helpful with information from the very first phone conversation! Jim was very warm, yet professional. All of the email correspondence from Jim was timely, efficient, and easy to follow with the information he needed from us. The ceremony script he put together fit us to a tee, he provided us with several drafts so that we could add, or change any of it. It was truly a ceremony "custom created" just for our occasion! In the 11th hour I was in search of a photographer, and Jim had a great recommendation for that too...John Gessner of Pinehurst did a super job! I can't say enough good things about the services Jim Dekornfeld, and Daybreak Ceremonies provide! My special day was perfect...uncomplicated, easygoing, & very unstressful, in large part thanks to Jim!! I will gladly recommend Daybreak Ceremonies to anyone in need of a Celebrant for whatever occasion!! I'm so glad to know Jim Dekornfeld and the services Daybreak Ceremonies provides!

Profile Picture Shannon, 11/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim did a great job. He made every guest feel comfortable and was an integral part of making the event fun for everyone.

Profile Picture Scott, 10/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We absolutely loved working with Jim. We knew we wanted a unique ceremony that demonstrated our love story. Jim crafted a touching ceremony that friends and family alike commented on during the reception. He was very flexible with his time despite my husband and I living in a different states. In short, he was a joy to work with and we couldn't imagine working with a different officiant.

Profile Picture Wade, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Contacted Daybreak because we knew we wanted to craft our own ceremony that felt just right for us. We wanted it to be personal and inclusive for all in attendance. Jim guided us through the daunting task, delivering everything we wanted and more. He was in touch through countless emails, phone and FaceTime in the months leading up to the wedding (even though he was traveling for much of that time!) He also met with me in person when I visited from out of town, even though he wasn't available to officiate for us. Janet Kenworthy, one of Daybreak's celebrants, ended up officiating our wedding and we loved having her - she is a free-spirited and genuine human being that spoke with clarity and heart. We met with her about 3 months prior to the wedding, which I highly recommend. It's nice to get familiar! Many of our guests commented on how touching the ceremony was and how much they enjoyed it. My feeling is that you can't go wrong with Daybreak Ceremonies, based on our wonderful experience.

Profile Picture Lauren , 9/26/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We worked with Jim in coordinating, booking, and writing our ceremony script and it was a real delight! Jim was very thoughtful in everything he did as well as organized. He has these questionnaires that the bride and groom fill out (separately) that asks about your history as a couple, the story, feelings, preferences, etc. Based on this questionnaire he put together a draft ceremony and I cannot reiterate how “on spot” he was with EVERYTHING! It was really amazing…as my husband and I were reading through the draft, we were shocked at how well he nailed it…it fit us perfectly (short and sweet, meaningful, with a slight touch of humor). Jim organized the officiant who was available for our wedding day (Janet) and that was that. Janet was very timely and considerate (checking with us on preferred wardrobe); we received so many compliments on the ceremony from our guests and how it was “so us”. Jim also worked with our coordinator on a little surprise that coincided with our story of meeting (fortune cookies with our names and wedding date inside). I would highly recommend Daybreak Ceremonies and Jim for any and all wedding ceremony services!

Profile Picture Angelena, 8/22/15, 7 Reviews