162 Reviews for DAWN ROSE MAKEUP ARTISTRY & HAIR

On-Site Makeup (2)
Multi. Stylists (1)
Makeup Trial (1)
161 DAWN ROSE MAKEUP ARTISTRY & HAIR Reviews

I cannot say enough good things about Dawn Rose! Dawn was a pleasure to work with from my first email to following up with me after the wedding, she was professional and always got back to me right away! Dawn was my make up artist the day of my wedding and from the moment I met her for my trial, I was so confident that I was going to feel so beautiful on my big day! She understood my vision and what I wanted perfectly. She even offered me a second trial down the road when I wanted to test out a new look I saw. Dawn, was very patient and understanding throughout my whole experience. She always made sure every touch that was added was perfect. My hair stylist that day was Melissa. Melissa was amazing to work with. She made my hair look perfect. After she finished my hair she even added more touches when I asked how something would look. Melissa made sure every detail of my hair was perfect. I felt like a princess that day, all thanks to Dawn and Melissa. Crystal worked closely with most of my bridesmaids making their makeup look flawless. All of my bridesmaids raved about how much they loved their make up and hair as well. I cannot thank Dawn Rose and her team enough! I will definitely be using and recommending their team to everyone I know!

With Love,
Jess Zinna

Profile Picture Jessica , 4/20/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

Loved the airbrush makeup and highly recommend it. I did not have to touch up my foundation at all! It's worth the extra money. Dawn also did an amazing job on my eye makeup. I was recommended by a co-worker to use Melissa for my hair. It came out beautiful just like the trial. The twisted part in the back even lasted till the end of the night with all the dancing and jumping around on the dance floor :)

Profile Picture Jacqui, 10/21/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I would highly recommend you choose Dawn Rose for your hair needs. I really liked that Dawn Rose advertised her pricing – it made me comfortable to know that information up front. I chose her largely because of that and also because of her many positive reviews. I am very happy that I booked with this company, as I absolutely loved my hair on my wedding day. Marilyn is a hair styling goddess. My hair was more gorgeous than any other hair style that I have ever seen. I showed her a few pictures and she was able to work her magic and create a masterpiece on my head. Thank you Marilyn and Dawn Rose! I looked more beautiful on my wedding day than I have ever looked. Thanks so much for everything!

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: On-Site Hair

Dawn and her team were absolutely fabulous. My bridesmaids and I went to their intimate studio in Matawan and they were prompt, listened to all of their suggestions and requests and did their best to please all the girls. Our hair and makeup last all night long, and some even into the next morning! Would highly recommend Dawn!

Profile Picture Dana, 7/27/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Amazing!!! My bridesmaids and myself were the MOST beautiful we all have ever looked. Your team truly listened to everything we wanted and we all could not have been happier! After my wedding - 3 of my bridesmaids booked Dawn and her team for their wedding. Truly amazing team. Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture Kelly, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can not say enough good things about Dawn's Girls. I had a consultation with Marilyn (hair) and Catherine (makeup) months in advance and went in with one idea and did a completely different idea the day of. The ladies were so nice and amazing in making everything work. They knocked out 10 ladies in 5.5 hours and did touchups when needed and had us all ready for pre ceremony pictures ahead of schedule! I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out.

Profile Picture Kaitlin , 6/17/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Crystal did my makeup for my May 20th wedding and I cannot say enough good things about her. Every person was beyond happy with her work, and she listened to every single request that we each had. She was such a calm presence during the craziness of the morning too! I got back a few pictures from our photographer, and as I've been sending them to people they always comment on how amazing my makeup looks. I wanted to look natural, like a prettier version of myself, and that's EXACTLY what Crystal did. I wish I had more reasons to book her! Would recommend her in a heartbeat!!

Profile Picture Elena, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup

I found Dawn Rose through one of the girls at the hair salon I go to. There was a mishap in scheduling and the girl originally doing my makeup was no longer available and referred me to Dawn. Since my wedding was a month away, I text Dawn right away and she immediately responded. I was extremely happy when she said she had someone available for my date. I had my makeup trial a couple of weeks later and I couldn't be any happier. Anna did an amazing job during the trial and my husband (who hates when I wear makeup) said I looked beautiful. This made me even more confident with how I would look my wedding day. Anna was early and started on my bridesmaids right away with the minimal space we had. All of the girls looked beautiful and, of course, I felt like a princess with flawless skin all thanks to Anna. I definitely recommend their services to all brides and my one bridesmaid who is getting married in 2 years plans on using their services.

Profile Picture Eliza, 5/6/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

We booked Dawn and her team for hair and make up for our May 6th wedding and I'm so glad we did. She did an absolute PERFECT job on everyone's make up and Melissa a perfect job on everyone's hair. Everything was seamless from the trial to the day of. What was great was they came on location to our hotel, which made the flow of the day so much easier. They are a great mix of fun and professional.

Profile Picture andrew, 5/6/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Melissa was amazing! She knew exactly what I wanted as far as my hair and makeup to look like on my big day.. I had a trial with her about a month previous to our wedding date and it was so effortless, that I even got a little worried.. I kept thinking, "isn't finding all these vendors and getting a collective idea to fit together with different personalities, supposed to be difficult?" But no! Its actually not supposed to be that way.. you are meant to RELAX AND ENJOY your wedding day, and that's exactly what I did. And it wouldn't have been possible without my amazing makeup/hairstylist, Melissa. I also want to say that I had to reschedule my trial several times with Dawn, the owner, and she was nothing but understanding and flexible. Great professionalism, great value, great end result.. Cannot thank you ladies enough for making me feel like a rockstar beauty that day!! ????????

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married in April. Dawn and her team were AMAZING. I first met Dawn's team when I was a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding (they did full hair and makeup), and I just knew I had to have her for mine. I'm half Black half Indian, and was worried about having a team that could accommodate different skin tones and hair types. All of my bridesmaids looked FLAWLESS and I couldn't be happier. During our trial, my mom and I actually weren't totally in love with our hair and makeup, but I shared my concerns with Dawn and on the wedding morning we looked perfect. I can't recommend them enough! Thank you, Dawn!

Profile Picture Alicia, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Dawn and her team did an absolutely phenomenal job for my 8 bridesmaids and Mother of the Bride hair and make up looks! The girls all looked amazing, and were very happy with how their hair and make up came out. Dawn did an incredible job on my make up - I did airbrush make up for the first time and I did not even need to touch anything up all day. They arrived at my house very timely the morning of the wedding and were so nice and accommodating throughout the whole booking process and the day of the wedding. I chose them based on tons of great reviews I read online, so I hope you end up picking them too. Thanks so much to Dawn and her amazing team!!!

Profile Picture User5536710, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

I had a fantastic experience working with Dawn Rose Makeup Artistry and Hair. Dawn was very helpful throughout the planning process, and was very responsive with every question and/or concern that I had. I had a great hair and makeup trial with Marilyn and Catherine, and they were amazing the day of my wedding. They were extremely prepared and professional, and created beautiful looks for myself and my bridesmaids. We were so pleased with the results! I would highly recommend Dawn Rose Makeup Artistry and Hair to any future bride for her wedding day!

Profile Picture Piper, 10/15/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Catherine and Marilyn did makeup and hair for my wedding for me, my mom, mom-in law, sister, and bridesmaid. They did an amazing job with everyone and both hair and makeup lasted throughout the day and night! Big thank you to them =)

Profile Picture Angela, 9/4/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Group Services, Hair, Makeup

Amazing ladies!! Fun,sweet and outgoing. I never felt so beautiful. Quality products and amazing knowledge. I'd chose them again in a heart best!! Thank you for making me dazzle!!
Love your bling bride!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/17/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Dawn and Marilyn were amazing. My bridesmaids looked beautiful and I was beyond happy with the way my hair and makeup came out. I would recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Leah, 6/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I recently got married last weekend and wanted to express how fantastic Dawn, Pina, and Anna were for the hair and makeup for us! My bridesmaids all raved about how much they loved their looks and I couldn't have been happier. Dawn did my makeup for my trial and for the day of and I loved it so much-- I was bawling my eyes out during my wedding and I still looked flawless! Also, Anna is a magician, all of our hair still looked great, especially I know with certain hair types curls tend to falk after a while but ours looked fantastic even until the next day. Dawn and her team are very courteous and professional, they arrived on time and finished as scheduled, I would definitely, definitely recommend them to everyone! Thank you so so much!!! :)

Profile Picture Angelica, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Dawn and her team did an amazing job on my makeup for my specia day as well as my entire wedding party! I would absolutely recommend her to anyone that I know that is looking for a makeup artist! She was not only timely but was extremely professional! Thank you so very much Dawn Rose Makeup Artistry & Hair!!!!!

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 4/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so thrilled that I found Dawn Rose Artistry Hair and Make Up. Dawn did my make up for the trial and my day of and both times she outdid herself. I loved how soft and natural it all looked and felt. Airbrushing is the way to go. Nothing smudged, smeared and the make up held up for 10 hours. What a fantastic feat that was. She was so easy to work with and comfortable to be around and chat with. Marilyn did my hair and am so thankful she did. She was a last minute miracle (2 weeks before my wedding my initial hair stylist backed out) Dawn came through and it was like fate. My hair for the trial was awesome, she is so quick and thorough, checking it at all the right angles to see how it looks. On my big day it looked just as perfect, 10x secured in because my hair can be stubborn. She also showed my girls how to take out the veil without ruining any of the updo. My hair lasted through the night and even the next morning the curls stayed nicely and the braid held up so I had a cute morning after bun look. Couldn't have asked for 2 better women to work with for my hair and make up on my wedding day.

Profile Picture User3594470, 2+ years ago, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Tattoo Coverage

I first met Dawn when my sister was searching for a makeup artist for her wedding over 3 years ago. Upon completing the initial makeup trial, my sister was sold. My sister's makeup was absolutely stunning on her big day. I was the maid of honor and have never felt more beautiful than I did that day...until my wedding of course! Since then, I kept Dawn's contact information and called her as soon as I booked our wedding date. Dawn is a wonderful person and an amazing makeup artist. Dawn was able to narrow down my Pinterest ideas to what would work best to enhance my features give me the best me! I cannot thank Dawn enough for being so kind and responsive to my emails and questions. It was such a pleasure working with her. I highly recommend Dawn, her associates and their work.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/18/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Crystal did an amazing job on my bridal makeup as well as all my bridesmaids! She is very skilled at what she does and had amazing patience to perfect it and make you feel 100 percent comfortable. Thank you so much!!

Profile Picture christine, 2/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Dawn and her team were absolutely amazing! They made my entire bridal party look amazing and were so easy to work with. I ended up changing the hair completely from the trial to the day of and Marilyn was so accommodating. She did my hair exactly how I had pictured it. The makeup that Dawn did for me was stunning and made me feel so beautiful. Not only are they so good at what they do but they have a great energy which is SO important on that day. Dawn and her team were positive and so sweet to everyone and I'm so grateful to have had the change to work with them!

Profile Picture Michelle, 12/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage
2.5

I used Dawn Rose for my wedding hair/makeup & everything turned out ok but it was hard finding a hairstyle that I was 100% happy with. I needed 3 trials + had to buy extensions which I didn't budget for as I didn't expect any of that to be necessary. I had 2 makeup trials b/c my skin tone was off in the 1st one-but they got it right the 2nd time. The hair issue was partly my fault b/c I wasn't sure what I wanted & we were trying different things-but I was expecting to be blown away by SOMETHING & I kept leaving feeling underwhelmed. At the 3rd trial we focused on 1 updo, used extensions to add volume, & I left feeling good. On the wedding day we were 90% of the way thru my updo when I realized the hair extensions were never put in. The updo was looking good & we were too far into it to dismantle it, but I already paid in full for the extensions + the installation price for the trial AND wedding day. It was a big chunk of money I wouldve wasted if we didn't get the extensions in. Unfortunately Dawn was not present on my wedding day & no one was sure how to handle the situation or if I could get a refund. Not good not having the boss there. We were able to add a few of the small ones in-it wasn't ideal but at least I didn't throw ALL that money away. In the end my hair and make up were pretty & once I got out of the chair it was the least of my worries. My mom's hair came out ok but it was not as nice as the picture she brought with her of an updo she had a few years ago, it was like 2 totally different updos. The girl who did her hair last time nearly did the whole thing with her eyes shut-I think there was just a different skill level involved. It was a struggle for almost everyone to get exactly what they asked for. The day after the wedding we noticed black stains all over the new carpet where the makeup was being done. It took hours to try and get them out and they're still visible-they should've put something down. Overall I was more frustrated than anything.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/24/15, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Hair Extensions, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

Dawn was wonderful in helping me get a makeup artist late in the game. We did a trial at her office and made sure I got a beautiful natural look. Her employee Catherine was able to come to my house the day of the wedding and do makeup for a bride, 5 bridesmaids, and mother of the bride in 4 hours. The girls looked fabulous and were so happy with the results. We all loved the fake lashes and how that gave our look that glamourous finish. I (the bride) opted for the airbrush which is a great choice for all day coverage. I highly recommend it for those who want a natural look that covers but has light weight feel.

I would also like to thank Melissa for her amazing talent with blow-outs and updos. The girls were able to get the look they wanted and it stayed in all day. She is talented, friendly and tons of fun! Thanks for making us look absolutely beautiful on my special day!!

Approximate pricing:
Airbrush makeup: $90
Traditional: $75
Lashes: $15

Profile Picture Jeanine, 10/9/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Licensed, Makeup, Blowouts, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I can't thank Dawn and Marilyn for making myself, my mother and my girls gorgeous on my wedding day enough. Marilyn who did my hair, did exactly what I wanted. I showed her a picture when I went for my trial and she blew me away. I knew I had to have her. The day of my wedding, she made my hair look amazing and just what I envisioned. Dawn, also made me look flawless. I felt like I had no make up on as well. I usually become really shiny after a few hours but the whole night I was good. The make up stayed all night without any reapplying. You girls rock! I 100% recommend them if you need makeup or hair done for any event.

Profile Picture lauren, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes