David's BBQ & Catering Reviews

David's BBQ & Catering 2
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 02/23/2019

Delicious!

Delicious food and amazing catering manager! Great people to work with!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Elisha · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect wedding

Before choosing David's for our wedding caterer we spoke to several others in the area. David's really shone with professionalism and responsiveness to emails. Alicia answered many questions and was very helpful. The pricing was very reasonable and there were a lot of options to choose from. We did use the bartending service which was a good choice. The day of the wedding everything was on time according to the timeline we provided. Service was excellent and we received many compliments on the delicious food. We also were able to sit down and be served and got to enjoy the food. The quantity was very close to perfect we did not have too much in the way of leftovers. I highly recommend David's we are very happy we went with them.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Nigel · Married on 07/14/2018

My wife and I hired Davids Catering to Cater my Daughters wedding which occurred last night. They arrived as agreed upon and they went above and beyond my expectations. Bobby and his staff arrived on time and me with me to assure that everything is going as planned. He made me feel at ease. We paid for Horderves for after the ceremony, while family and friends waited for the Bride and Groom to finish with the photos. We agreed to 2 types of meat (Chicken/Pulled Pork) with Mashed Potatoes and yellow squash with zucchini. We had unsweet tea, Lemonade, and water. It was a buffet. Bobby and his staff served us. The service was great. As we finished our dinner, the staff picked up our plates and they prepared us for the champagne toasts. The staff members poured champagne into everyone's glass and after the toasts were finished. The staff members assisted with cutting up the wedding cake. Bobby and his staff cleaned up the buffet area and stored the extra food for us in the venues commercial fridge for us. My wife and I are very pleased with Davids Catering Food and Service. I give them a 5 out of a 5. Thank you, Bobby and Staff, for helping make great memories at my Daughters Wedding. Nigel Lowe

Sent on 07/15/2018
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

David’s catering was one of our most valued vendors. We were so impressed with Bobby and Alicia during our initial tastings. Alicia was flexible with us with menu changes and was always quick to respond to emails. One thing we appreciated most about David’s catering was that we could drop off some of our décor the day before the wedding. Guests raved about the appetizers and there were heaps of leftovers for family to take home after the reception. We especially loved how Davids catering brought our vision of a “cookie bar” to life with freshly made cookies. Thank you to the two staff members that assisted with set up, serving and clean up. Our reception was smooth sailing because of you ladies! Book Davids catering with confidence – they are accurately priced for the quality and service provided.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2018

The team at David's BBQ was so professional and helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process and the food had that WOW factor! BEST FOOD EVER!! And the decor they brought with them made the food tables look great! Would highly highly recommend to anyone searching for a caterer in the Gainesville area!

Sent on 06/26/2018
    David's BBQ & Catering 3
    David's BBQ & Catering 4

Chloe · Married on 04/21/2018

David's catering should be your only consideration the Gainesville area for catering. Seriously. They are SO professional, organized and the food was great. They decorated the buffet beautifully for no extra cost and were just great to work with. They made it a point to make sure as the bride i got to try the appetizers and they even waited for us at the end of the aisle after the ceremony with a cocktail for me and my husband. Highly recommend them; they do so much more than bbq! :)

Sent on 05/16/2018

Daman · Married on 04/14/2018

We had an outdoor wedding earlier this month and as luck would have it, it absolutely stormed! David’s came right on time and were rock stars! They set up beautifully and adapted to the horrible weather without a single question. The food was fabulous as well. Highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Hyacinth · Married on 04/14/2018

David's was simply awesome. Alicia was great to work with during the planning stages and was incredibly patient and helpful from the get-go. We live out-of-state, so the bulk of our planning was done through emails. She was responsive and helped us nail down of the details of our reception.

On the day of the wedding, Bobby and the catering team were great. The buffet setup was beautiful, and the staff were friendly and professional. Most importantly, the food was delicious! I had the beef brisket, and it was perfect.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Paola · Married on 03/24/2018

Everyone at my wedding loved the food and service. The food was delicious. Throughout the wedding they kept the tables clean, they were very patient with my guest, and helpful with the food and cake. Before the wedding they were always very fast when answering my question. I love their attention and their service before and during the wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Becky · Married on 11/24/2017

David's BBQ was a hit at out wedding, and the brisket was devoured! They came and helped set up prior to our wedding day and did a great job at the reception. They made sure to bring appetizers to the wedding party during pictures which was very much appreciated. Everyone we spoke with or encountered was very nice and professional.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Pat · Married on 11/04/2017

David's Catering coordinator was easy to work with and everyone serving at our wedding were pleasant and fun. Our guests fell in love with our bar tender hired through David's. Our guests loved the food and went back for seconds and thirds which was a great sign that the food was awesome. Thanks for being so easy to work with and setting up a beautiful buffet at our wedding. Pat & Donia

Sent on 11/09/2017

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Pat & Donia - Thank you so much for choosing David's for so a special day for the two of you, your family, & friends. It was such an honor to get to cater this event. Your guests were great, friendly, & fun! It was so nice watching so many of your guests dance and enjoy the evening...and it was special getting to catch your last dance of the evening! Thank you for your review and the kind words! Congrats to the both of you! ~Chris Shindle

Katelyn · Married on 05/27/2017

Amazing food, excellent service, and the best staff makes for the perfect catering vendor! I am beyond pleased with Davids catering! The linens were beautifully set for us and all food displays were wonderful. Guests thoroughly enjoyed cocktail hour and dinner! Kept drinks filled, filled champagne flutes, provided cake cutting services, packed all leftovers, cleaned up, & more! Thank you Chris, Jeremy, Alicia, Crysta, & all of the crew! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Melissa · Married on 03/17/2017

The food was excellent! Staff was wonderful.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 03/11/2017

David's did a wonderful job catering our wedding! The food was excellent and the value was unbeatable. We were able to purchase our own liquor and just use David's to bartend (saving us $$). They helped to set up the centerpieces on tables as well.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Alicia · Married on 02/25/2017

Chris, Crysta and the entire team at David's BBQ and Catering went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect! They partnered with Party Time Rentals and coordinated/delivered all of our rental items the day before the wedding and set everything up. I can't tell you how much of a stress relief this was! The cocktail and reception areas looked amazing and they deserve all the praise. All of our guests raved about the food and the service was top notch. Yes, folks they do more than just BBQ so don't pass them up. I also have a gluten allergy and they made sure everything was safe for me to eat. They were there to help with whatever we needed, packed up all of our leftovers and cleaned up everything quickly. Thank you David's for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 03/27/2017

David's BBQ was both affordable and delicious! The catering specialists were wonderful communicators and patiently answered my millions of questions. They were also some of the most affordable caterers in town so I felt like it was a win working with them on all levels. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Pascale · Married on 01/06/2017

We have used David's many times over the years for catering. This year I reached out to several different caterers in town. One of them I never heard back from, the other didn't sound eager to do our event. The last caterer was so expensive it didn't fit into our budget.
    So, I called on David's. I had a response from Crysta within hours and they were able to customize the menu for our needs.
    They arrived on time and set up for the event. They were doing some cooking on site. We had 5 folks from David's who took great care of the 60 people at our event.
    As always, the food was amazing. Crysta, Jimmy and the other folks were fun and very attentive. So, from now on, I will make one call for my catering needs. David's will work with you on your menu options...........they don't just do BBQ :).
    Although this was not for a wedding, one of my co workers had David's for her wedding reception in October and was so pleased.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Amanda · Married on 12/23/2016

My mother and I were on the hunt to find a caterer that could provide delicious food that was also high quality. We were so impressed when we first met Chris and his crew because they were professional and kind. Chris took care of everything and was on top of every change or addition we added. He catered to what we wanted and was willing to help come up with ideas. On the day of the wedding, everything went perfectly. The crew was on time and they were professional and personal to the guests. The food was delicious and was served exactly how we had asked. I cannot recommend David's BBQ enough. I am so happy that we went with them for my big day.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Cara · Married on 12/18/2016

Catering service was wonderful for our wedding. Working with Chris made it super easy. He always answered my billions of emails fast, super professional and friendly. Food was delicious. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/04/2017

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Cara, - Thank you so much for your awesome review...and for using us for both your rehearsal & reception dinners!! I'm glad I could make things easy for you...that is always my goal and I am so happy I was able to deliver that for you. I appreciate you choosing David's! It is an honor and a privilege to get to do these important events! Thank you! ~Chris
  • User7596161 · event on 12/17/2016

David Shindle and David's BBQ set the stage and delivered an outstanding party in our home. The occasion was my husband's law firm holiday party. David arranged the bartender and all the set ups as well as glasses. From very delicious appetizers to dessert, everything went off without a hitch. The crew perfectly attended the @ 50 guests and when the party was over, everything was cleaned up, packed up, making hostessing so enjoyable. I look forward to another occasion to work with David's.

Sent on 01/06/2017

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Ms. Phyllis, - It was my pleasure! Your home was beutiful and perfect for the party you hosted. I was so happy that David's could be part of a special evening for your company's holiday party! I look forward to getting to work with you again!! Thank you so much!! ~ Chris (David) Shindle

Bobbie · event on 12/10/2016

David's catered our last few Christmas parties, as well as some on-site lunches here and there.
    They always do a great job for us, at a very reasonable price. They make everything very easy, and adapt well to our different requirements, as a holiday party and working lunches are two pretty different types of events! I would definitely recommend them for whatever type of event you're planning!

Sent on 03/05/2017

Lisa · Married on 11/05/2016

We used David's Catering for my daughter's backyard wedding. We went with a southern/glam theme, so our menu was a bit different. We had pulled pork with all the fixings along side sliced brisket and lemon pepper chicken. We received tons of compliments on the food. The chicken/waffles and shrimp and grits appetizers were a huge hit! Crysta and her team were absolutely amazing, stepping in where needed without being asked. They were all so personable with our guests - they seemed more like family. Crysta dealt with any small things that came up, so I could enjoy my daughters wedding. Priceless!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Jessica · Married on 10/22/2016

I would highly and enthusiastically recommend David's Catering for anyone looking for excellent service, quality, and professionalism. I was married this past weekend, on October 22nd, and David's exceeded all of my expectations. We ordered the BBQ catering for our event and the food was delicious, fresh, and served to our 70 guests very efficiently. As the bride not one person brought me any questions about the caterer arriving, setting up, or serving as David's took complete ownership of their service. Throughout the evening we were treated with excellent service and many of our guests came to us to share how they thought the food and service were excellent, I found myself bragging about how great of a deal their catering package was and how I was so impressed with how hard they were working to keep the evening flowing. We rented out a space that didn't offer any staff to help with the wedding so I can easily say that finding David's was the best thing that ever happened in our wedding planning. I already hope I can renew my vows at some point so we can have an excuse to have David's cater for us again!

Sent on 10/24/2016

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Jessica, - Thank you so much for this amazing review...and even more important, thank you for choosing & trusting David's to handle such an important event in your families and your life! It is very special for us to be part of these events. Thank you so much!! ~Chris

Jessica · Married on 10/16/2016

Every interaction with David's BBQ was a pleasure. We were sent home from our tasting with boxes of food to enjoy later and the food was exactly what we wanted for our wedding. The BBQ made the event fun and personal while we were still able to mix it with more of your traditional wedding type food items. I worked with Chris who was extremely responsive, helpful, and accommodating. I was able to update my guest count and adjust our service with great ease. We ended up with a ton of food afterwards and the staff that helped with our reception was wonderful and personable.

Sent on 10/23/2016

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Jessica- thank you so much!!! It was our pleasure!! We are so happy that you were happy & pleased - that's how it should be for you on your special day!! Thank you for taking time to give us this great review! We appreciate it!
    -Chris