David's BBQ & Catering Reviews

66 Reviews for David's BBQ & Catering

• Aubrey

Aubrey Rushe · Getting married on 07/01/2021

Above and Beyond

David's BBQ exceeds expectations. I cannot stress how much Bobby and Alicia did for us.

I'm not the biggest fan of BBQ, and going into our initial taste test, I wasn't intending on booking with David's, but the quality of the food and Bobby's pitch on helping with decorations and some of the logistics of the wedding completely changed my mind.

Bobby and Alicia were very flexible, updating the invoice every time we made a change, and nailed the recipes we provided for our preferred appetizers and signature drinks.

In addition to cooking and serving the food, David's took care of setting up and tearing down all the decorations and tables at the reception venue. Bobby used a combination of decorations we provided, as well as some of his own, and even made signs for us. When we realized that we didn't have linens, Bobby and Alicia took care of arranging the required rentals and added the cost to our invoice.

On the day of, Bobby and his staff went out of their way to make sure that my husband and I got our food and drinks, and acted almost like a second set of coordinators.

Bobby did seem a little forgetful at times during the planning period, mixing up times and some details during in-person discussions, but with all the different events he's dealing with at the same time, I can't say I wouldn't do the same. This slight hiccup did not affect the final outcome of the wedding in any way; everything went perfectly the day of, and we couldn't be happier with our choice to hire David's BBQ to cater or wedding.

Sent on 02/02/2020

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Thank you for your feedback. If it’s okay Alicia and I would like to address your concerns privately on Monday.
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 02/22/2020

Bobby and team

Bobby's team catered our wedding. They went above and beyond for us through the whole planning process and that didn't stop for our big day. Mo instantly brought us appetizers while we were getting our pictures taken, Christina made some amazing drinks (with limited items available)! The carving station was the best. Food was delicious and hot. The other team member(forgot his name, sorry!) ensured we didn't need anything throughout the night. They even took a picture with our photo booth and we're the sweetest people I have dealt with throughout the whole wedding.

Hire them! You definitely won't be disappointed.

Sent on 02/28/2020
  • Sasha

Sasha Mckown · Married on 12/07/2019

Amazing caterer

Alicia and Bobby did an amazing job catering our wedding. The food and presentation was better than we expected! Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Food, First-Rate Service, Unforgettable Decor

David's was an excellent choice for our wedding! We first met with Bobby, who wowed us at our first consultation with generous amounts of our customized choices for our wedding menu. Bobby's enthusiasm, care, and knowledge of wedding logistics, catering, and wedding decor are unmatched. He suggested trying a customized s'mores bar, which made our wedding more unique and was a huge success with our guests! Alicia is very responsive and does a wonderful job communicating and implementing those details (linens, centerpieces), that could otherwise overlook. On the day of our wedding, the tables were so beautiful, it exceeded all expectations of how we imagined it. David's staff treated my husband and I like royalty, always making sure we were fed and wined. It's always suggested that you chose your catering carefully for your wedding, and if you go with David's, you can be sure it will turn out excellent! They made our wedding so special, personal, and classy! Thank you so much for being a part of our most important day, David's BBQ!

Sent on 02/16/2020
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/12/2019

Food and Bartending were amazing!

My family cooked the meat for my wedding so I had David's cater the sides and Bobby was my bartender. Bobby and Alisha were wonderful to work with, extremely responsive and helpful. The sides they catered were delicious, the guests raved about how great the loaded mashed potatoes and baked beans were! Bobby also did an amazing job bartending and was so wonderful to have around at the wedding.

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Tatyana

Tatyana Kimble · Married on 09/29/2019

They were amazing!

My guest could not stop raving about the food. Especially the salmon it was delicious! David's BBQ catering really made my reception run smoothly. They made sure my husband and I always had food and drinks when we needed them and kept our guest very happy! Highly recommend! Bobby is the best!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 02/23/2019

Delicious!

Delicious food and amazing catering manager! Great people to work with!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Elisha · Married on 10/27/2018

Perfect wedding

Before choosing David's for our wedding caterer we spoke to several others in the area. David's really shone with professionalism and responsiveness to emails. Alicia answered many questions and was very helpful. The pricing was very reasonable and there were a lot of options to choose from. We did use the bartending service which was a good choice. The day of the wedding everything was on time according to the timeline we provided. Service was excellent and we received many compliments on the delicious food. We also were able to sit down and be served and got to enjoy the food. The quantity was very close to perfect we did not have too much in the way of leftovers. I highly recommend David's we are very happy we went with them.

Sent on 10/29/2018

Nigel · Married on 07/14/2018

My wife and I hired Davids Catering to Cater my Daughters wedding which occurred last night. They arrived as agreed upon and they went above and beyond my expectations. Bobby and his staff arrived on time and me with me to assure that everything is going as planned. He made me feel at ease. We paid for Horderves for after the ceremony, while family and friends waited for the Bride and Groom to finish with the photos. We agreed to 2 types of meat (Chicken/Pulled Pork) with Mashed Potatoes and yellow squash with zucchini. We had unsweet tea, Lemonade, and water. It was a buffet. Bobby and his staff served us. The service was great. As we finished our dinner, the staff picked up our plates and they prepared us for the champagne toasts. The staff members poured champagne into everyone's glass and after the toasts were finished. The staff members assisted with cutting up the wedding cake. Bobby and his staff cleaned up the buffet area and stored the extra food for us in the venues commercial fridge for us. My wife and I are very pleased with Davids Catering Food and Service. I give them a 5 out of a 5. Thank you, Bobby and Staff, for helping make great memories at my Daughters Wedding. Nigel Lowe

Sent on 07/15/2018
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

David’s catering was one of our most valued vendors. We were so impressed with Bobby and Alicia during our initial tastings. Alicia was flexible with us with menu changes and was always quick to respond to emails. One thing we appreciated most about David’s catering was that we could drop off some of our décor the day before the wedding. Guests raved about the appetizers and there were heaps of leftovers for family to take home after the reception. We especially loved how Davids catering brought our vision of a “cookie bar” to life with freshly made cookies. Thank you to the two staff members that assisted with set up, serving and clean up. Our reception was smooth sailing because of you ladies! Book Davids catering with confidence – they are accurately priced for the quality and service provided.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Rachel · Married on 05/05/2018

The team at David's BBQ was so professional and helpful throughout the whole wedding planning process and the food had that WOW factor! BEST FOOD EVER!! And the decor they brought with them made the food tables look great! Would highly highly recommend to anyone searching for a caterer in the Gainesville area!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Chloe · Married on 04/21/2018

David's catering should be your only consideration the Gainesville area for catering. Seriously. They are SO professional, organized and the food was great. They decorated the buffet beautifully for no extra cost and were just great to work with. They made it a point to make sure as the bride i got to try the appetizers and they even waited for us at the end of the aisle after the ceremony with a cocktail for me and my husband. Highly recommend them; they do so much more than bbq! :)

Sent on 05/16/2018

Daman · Married on 04/14/2018

We had an outdoor wedding earlier this month and as luck would have it, it absolutely stormed! David’s came right on time and were rock stars! They set up beautifully and adapted to the horrible weather without a single question. The food was fabulous as well. Highly recommend these guys!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Hyacinth · Married on 04/14/2018

David's was simply awesome. Alicia was great to work with during the planning stages and was incredibly patient and helpful from the get-go. We live out-of-state, so the bulk of our planning was done through emails. She was responsive and helped us nail down of the details of our reception.

On the day of the wedding, Bobby and the catering team were great. The buffet setup was beautiful, and the staff were friendly and professional. Most importantly, the food was delicious! I had the beef brisket, and it was perfect.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Paola · Married on 03/24/2018

Everyone at my wedding loved the food and service. The food was delicious. Throughout the wedding they kept the tables clean, they were very patient with my guest, and helpful with the food and cake. Before the wedding they were always very fast when answering my question. I love their attention and their service before and during the wedding.

Sent on 04/01/2018

Becky · Married on 11/24/2017

David's BBQ was a hit at out wedding, and the brisket was devoured! They came and helped set up prior to our wedding day and did a great job at the reception. They made sure to bring appetizers to the wedding party during pictures which was very much appreciated. Everyone we spoke with or encountered was very nice and professional.

Sent on 12/14/2017

Pat · Married on 11/04/2017

David's Catering coordinator was easy to work with and everyone serving at our wedding were pleasant and fun. Our guests fell in love with our bar tender hired through David's. Our guests loved the food and went back for seconds and thirds which was a great sign that the food was awesome. Thanks for being so easy to work with and setting up a beautiful buffet at our wedding. Pat & Donia

Sent on 11/09/2017

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Pat & Donia - Thank you so much for choosing David's for so a special day for the two of you, your family, & friends. It was such an honor to get to cater this event. Your guests were great, friendly, & fun! It was so nice watching so many of your guests dance and enjoy the evening...and it was special getting to catch your last dance of the evening! Thank you for your review and the kind words! Congrats to the both of you! ~Chris Shindle

Katelyn · Married on 05/27/2017

Amazing food, excellent service, and the best staff makes for the perfect catering vendor! I am beyond pleased with Davids catering! The linens were beautifully set for us and all food displays were wonderful. Guests thoroughly enjoyed cocktail hour and dinner! Kept drinks filled, filled champagne flutes, provided cake cutting services, packed all leftovers, cleaned up, & more! Thank you Chris, Jeremy, Alicia, Crysta, & all of the crew! Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 05/28/2017

Melissa · Married on 03/17/2017

The food was excellent! Staff was wonderful.

Sent on 03/21/2017

Amanda · Married on 03/11/2017

David's did a wonderful job catering our wedding! The food was excellent and the value was unbeatable. We were able to purchase our own liquor and just use David's to bartend (saving us $$). They helped to set up the centerpieces on tables as well.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Alicia · Married on 02/25/2017

Chris, Crysta and the entire team at David's BBQ and Catering went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was perfect! They partnered with Party Time Rentals and coordinated/delivered all of our rental items the day before the wedding and set everything up. I can't tell you how much of a stress relief this was! The cocktail and reception areas looked amazing and they deserve all the praise. All of our guests raved about the food and the service was top notch. Yes, folks they do more than just BBQ so don't pass them up. I also have a gluten allergy and they made sure everything was safe for me to eat. They were there to help with whatever we needed, packed up all of our leftovers and cleaned up everything quickly. Thank you David's for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 03/27/2017

David's BBQ was both affordable and delicious! The catering specialists were wonderful communicators and patiently answered my millions of questions. They were also some of the most affordable caterers in town so I felt like it was a win working with them on all levels. I would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Pascale · Married on 01/06/2017

We have used David's many times over the years for catering. This year I reached out to several different caterers in town. One of them I never heard back from, the other didn't sound eager to do our event. The last caterer was so expensive it didn't fit into our budget.
    So, I called on David's. I had a response from Crysta within hours and they were able to customize the menu for our needs.
    They arrived on time and set up for the event. They were doing some cooking on site. We had 5 folks from David's who took great care of the 60 people at our event.
    As always, the food was amazing. Crysta, Jimmy and the other folks were fun and very attentive. So, from now on, I will make one call for my catering needs. David's will work with you on your menu options...........they don't just do BBQ :).
    Although this was not for a wedding, one of my co workers had David's for her wedding reception in October and was so pleased.

Sent on 01/13/2017

Amanda · Married on 12/23/2016

My mother and I were on the hunt to find a caterer that could provide delicious food that was also high quality. We were so impressed when we first met Chris and his crew because they were professional and kind. Chris took care of everything and was on top of every change or addition we added. He catered to what we wanted and was willing to help come up with ideas. On the day of the wedding, everything went perfectly. The crew was on time and they were professional and personal to the guests. The food was delicious and was served exactly how we had asked. I cannot recommend David's BBQ enough. I am so happy that we went with them for my big day.

Sent on 02/12/2017

Cara · Married on 12/18/2016

Catering service was wonderful for our wedding. Working with Chris made it super easy. He always answered my billions of emails fast, super professional and friendly. Food was delicious. Highly recommend!

Sent on 01/04/2017

David's BBQ & Catering's reply:

Cara, - Thank you so much for your awesome review...and for using us for both your rehearsal & reception dinners!! I'm glad I could make things easy for you...that is always my goal and I am so happy I was able to deliver that for you. I appreciate you choosing David's! It is an honor and a privilege to get to do these important events! Thank you! ~Chris