David Rothstein Music Reviews

David Rothstein Music 4
David Rothstein Music 5

Brian Karalow · Getting married on 06/11/2021

Simply incredible.

Our wedding was nothing less than an amazing experience thanks to Daveid Rothstein and his band.
    All our advice before the wedding was to make sure we had good food, entertainment and venue. Although the food and venue were fantastic, everyone raved about the entertainment...it's been over a month since our wedding and I'm still getting calls about what an amazing time our guests had. From the first song to the last song the dance floor was packed. The only complaint was that it had to end. David did a great job communicating, organizing, speaking and keeping things flowing, he hosts a great party!!

Sent on 01/06/2020

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Big thanks to you and Cathrine for the great review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your enthusiasm with other brides and grooms. I'm so glad that you and all of your guests had so much fun. We loved seeing everybody dancing and having a great time. It truly could have gone until 3 in the morning! I really enjoyed working with you both throughout the entire planning process. When you've got a great couple like you, tons of fun friends, and an awesome band, it all adds up to an incredible night. Thanks again, and I wish you the best for your new life together!

Ross · Getting married on 04/11/2020

David Rothstein Rocks!

Music has always been important to me and my wife. From the moment we got engaged, and started planning our wedding we knew that we wanted to invest in a top talent band. We started looking for various bands around Chicago and noticed a few things in common - no one offered to set up a meeting to discuss our wants in person. This is where David comes in and simply knocks it out of the park.

I found David on Google searching for Chicago wedding bands, and from the moment my inquiry was made, he called me and started discussing with us what we were looking for. He offered to meet in person at his Wework location and we gladly accepted. David is super hospitable, kind, listens and remembers key things about his clients. After our meeting, we both knew that David and his band was whom we wanted to play at our wedding.

The wedding was a huge success, and David made the process so easy. Every request that we made, David and team made it happen. I cannot recommend David and his band enough. Having a solid band is an investment, but he will not disappoint. Your guests will continue to talk about the music, and music is one thing you want remembered at a wedding. I highly, highly recommend David Rothstein to play at your next event!!!

Sent on 01/07/2020

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks for the great review, Ross! I appreciate you walking people through what sets us apart from other Chicago wedding bands. I believe that listening to what people really want on a much deeper level helps us give them exactly what they want. Most bands want to do what's easiest for them instead of going above and beyond to create something special that will make the wedding truly authentic and incredibly fun. I appreciate your enthusiasm and thanks also for following us on Instagram, even after your wedding. I hope we get to celebrate with you and Ellen again some time soon at some of your friends' weddings. It will be tough to compete with yours, that's for sure. Thanks again, Ross!

Spencer Steevensz · Married on 11/16/2019

Amazing Band and amazing to work with

We contacted David Rothstein Music because they came recommended to us and did not disappoint! David is extremely helpful and responsive and really goes the extra mile to make sure everything is easy for you. Our reception had high level energy the whole time thanks to the band and DJ, they're second to none musicians and we had a great time. Couldn't recommend David Rothstein Music highly enough

Sent on 12/28/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks for the awesome review! We loved working with you and Irene for your incredible wedding at the Sofitel Hotel. We're thrilled how much you and your guests loved the band and were out dancing all night! Best Wishes to you both! Thanks again Spencer!!

Katie Delaney · Married on 10/26/2019

Highly recommend!!!

My husband and I can't imagine our wedding without David and his band. David was dedicated to making our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music reflect our musical interests and the vibe we wanted portrayed at our wedding. My husband and I are from Virginia and David helped to make the long-distance planning process seamless. He was always willing to meet in person to talk through logistics when we were in town and he was easy to get a hold of when we were back in Virginia. He cares immensely about getting to know the couple and about adding personal touches to the wedding. There are no words to describe how amazing the musicians were in the all styles quartet at the ceremony, the jazz trio at the cocktail hour and the 10-piece band at the reception. The incredible talent of the accomplished musicians and vocalists is one of the most talked about aspects of our wedding. The band brought incredible energy to our wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire evening. The quality of music has not only made a lasting impression on my husband and myself, but all our guests. David went out of his way to make sure everyone was having a good time and the evening was executed flawlessly. We can't thank David and his band enough for everything that they did to make our wedding night an incredible evening for everyone in attendance. The fond memories will last a lifetime. We highly recommend David and his band!

Sent on 12/12/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much for the amazing review! I really appreciate all your enthusiasm and details. You and Andrew were so great to work with. You and your guests were so much fun. Your dance floor was jam-packed all night with some very creative dancers! It was an epic night for sure!! So glad our band could make all of you so happy. That's what it's all about for our music company! Much love to you both! :)

Stephen Hofmann · Married on 10/19/2019

Fantastic!

We had the perfect wedding! David and his band kept the dance floor packed the entire night. They played songs custom to our wedding and literally didn't miss a beat. It was a truly personalized experience for us.

We highly recommend them!

-Steve and Lauren

Sent on 12/12/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks Stephen! Your wedding was a blast. Your dance floor was jam packed with some of the most enthusiastic and creative dancers we've ever seen. Seeing the 3 guys on the food cart flying through the dance floors was hilarious. Your family and friends were such a blast. There was a great connection between the band and your guests. You and Lauren are an amazing couple. Looking forward to celebrating with you again at all your friend's wedding! Thanks again Stephen!!

Elizabeth Olson · Married on 10/12/2019

Out of this World

We enjoyed every interaction with David before the wedding because he was so focused on making his music reflect our highest aspirations and he exceeded our high expectations. Our guest gushed about the musical selections, the caliber of the musicians (especially the vocalists) and the fun David created and they are still telling us this weeks later. His mission is to bring everyone together to celebrate your love on your wedding day through music. You can't do better.

Sent on 11/26/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

I really appreciate your wonderful review! There were so many special moments from having some very special guests vocalists sitting with the band and some funny thoughtful toasts. We loved keep everybody dancing and adding some personal to help make your big day truly yours! You're 100% right about my mission. I'm glad I was able to make it happen for you and Tom!

Mike & Raquel Cotuno · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible job

David and his team did an incredible job. He was in constant communication with us and we didn't have to worry about much. I would recommend him to all. He did the church ceremony, cocktail hour music, as well as the reception. All the guest wrote me the next morning saying how great the band was. I would definitely use David again. He has a great personality.

Sent on 10/01/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much, Mike and Raquel. Loved hearing your and your guests' enthusiasm for our band. I really appreciate your kind words for me too. You and your family were so great to work with. The toasts were hilarious! We had a blast learning and playing some Ricky Martin songs for you. So much fun! Looking forward to seeing you at some of your friends' upcoming celebrations. All my best to you both and your families! Thanks again Mike and Raquel!
  • Carrie

Carrie Morris · Married on 09/11/2019

Amazing Band!

David is so kind and the band is great. Music was playing the minute the reception started. They orchestrated a wonderful party. All of our guest commented how the band made the party. The band consists of accomplished musicians and vocalist they can play anything. I would highly recommend David Rothstein Music to all!

Sent on 11/15/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review! We loved celebrating with all of you. Seeing everyone jam-packed on the dance floor all night was amazing! Happy we could add some personal touches to make the wedding very personal for your family! Thanks again!

Kelsey Bernthal · Married on 09/07/2019

Guaranteed Packed Dance Floor

If you want a guaranteed incredible night and a packed dance floor, David Rothstein is the way to go! They really take care of you so you have zero worries day of and can just enjoy the night! From start to finish they will bring incredible energy that will leave your guests wanting to keep dancing. Worth the investment!

Sent on 10/07/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much Kelsey! You and Adam were so great to work with. I loved taking care of everything for you. Loved how much you both were on the dance floor and being the life of the party! Your packed dance floor filled with all your hilarious guests was great to see. It was an epic night! Much love to all of you!
  • Sarah

Sarah Jane Simons · Married on 07/20/2019

Worth every penny!

My husband and I are so grateful we hired David Rothstein for our wedding. From the initial consultation to the day of, David was incredibly responsive, thoughtful, and excited to be a part of our big day! Pretty sure we had more compliments on our band than anything else - everyone loved them! We went with the ten piece band, which was perfect for our space and wedding with about 170 people. We also had a string quartet during the ceremony and a jazz trio during cocktail hour. There were tons of band configurations to choose from, and they play pretty much any song or musical style you could think of. We wanted to play some Arabic music during the reception for my husband’s family, and the DJ worked with us to curate a playlist that could be played while the band took their breaks throughout the evening. They are an investment to be sure, but it’s well worth it when you consider how integral the entertainment piece is to the overall wedding experience.

Sent on 08/08/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Hi Sarah Jane, Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We loved working with you and Sami. The fact that we could make your outdoor ceremony happen despite the rain was incredible! Your dance floor was jam-packed all night. There were definitely some very enthusiastic dancers out there including you! We were happy to play all your requests including the Arabic music for Sami's family. Your wedding was truly authentic and so much fun! You guys are a great couple and I loved working with you!!
    Thanks again Sarah Jane!

Adam Bernthal · Married on 07/09/2019

Don't think twice - Book The David Rothstein Band

We couldn't have asked for a better MC/Wedding Band. From beginning to end, David and his team were absolutely first class. Highlights below:
    - Incredibly responsive. Consistently responds to emails/texts within a matter of hours. As well as proactively communicates as deadlines approach.
    - Cares about making your big day special. This was David's first time playing at our venue. To ensure all went according to plan, he traveled out to our venue a few weeks prior to our wedding and took videos of the various rooms to plan our set up.
    - Unbelievable performance. The dance floor was packed the entire night. Multiple friends and family members said it was the best wedding band they'd ever heard.

We can't thank the David Rothstein Band enough!

Sent on 10/07/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thank you so much Adam! I'm glad you enjoyed my work as the Emcee and appreciated our ability to get back to you quickly including visiting the venue. Your wedding was so much fun and authentic. You both were certainly the life of the party. Along with our band, your dancing was one of the biggest factors to getting and keeping your dance floor jam packed all night with everybody out there dancing and singing their hearts out! Looking forward to celebrating with you again at some of your friend's weddings! Much love to you both! Thanks again Adam!

mother of the groom · Married on 05/26/2019

the alphabet that describes David and how he makes one feel

amazing; beautiful; classy; delightful; energetic; fabulous; great; happy; inspirational; jolly; kind; lovely; magical; nirvana; original; playful; quality; righteous; supercalifragilisticexpialidocious; terrific; unforgettable; valuable; warm; xtrodaniary; "yachid" and zestfully

Sent on 05/29/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much for the incredibly creative and enthusiastic review Gerri! We loved playing Matt and Natalie's wedding at the Harrington Inn. I've never seen so many people on the dance all night long in that room. We could have played until 3:00am and everyone still would have been dancing. There was so much energy all night. Loved seeing people from all age groups dancing until the very last note! Truly a night everyone who was there will never forget! Thanks again for sharing your enthusiasm in this dynamic review! Hope to celebrate with you and your family/friends again soon Gerri!
  • Bridget

Bridget · Married on 05/11/2019

Best Band Ever!

One of the best decisions we made for our wedding! David Rothstein is extremely professional and made our wedding so much fun. The band is OUTSTANDING! All night, guests were complimenting how great the band was. The dance floor was packed all night long! We are so happy we hired them for our special day. My husband and I made a few things our priority for the wedding day, and a band was one of them, because that is what your guests will remember- great music and a good time. David made us feel like our wedding was just as important to them as it was to us. Thank you David Rothstein for such an amazing night!

Sent on 11/25/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Wow! Thanks for your awesome review! Glad you loved the band so much. I'm so happy you and Dan made music your priority. It's truly what your guests will remember the most! Loved working with you both. I really appreciate what you said about your wedding being just as important to me as it was to you. It absolutely is. I honestly pretend I'm a member of the family and see each bride and groom as my little brother and sister. So happy we could make your wedding so special!
  • Matthew

Matthew McLaughlin · Married on 04/27/2019

The party never stops with David Rothstein Music! All-night-long dancing and entertainment that will leave a lasting impression on your guests!

There is only one way to go for wedding reception music: David Rothstein Music! The performers are incredible. They play great traditional wedding songs along with current hits that make everyone, including the shy people in the family, gravitate to the dance floor. David Rothstein Music is unfamiliar with those awkward lulls at a reception when the dance floor is empty. David keeps things going all night long by interacting with the bride and groom and their family and friends. He's funny, entertaining, and loves what he does. He'll even dance with you! Our guests can't stop talking about how great the band was and how awesome David is. Trust me on this, you will have the time of your life if you hire David Rothstein Music.

David Rothstein Music 6
    Sent on 05/31/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much Matthew! Your wedding was incredibly fun! You and Anne were truly the life of that party. Having your wedding at the Notre Dame football stadium only added to the fun! The combination of your hilarious, enthusiastic guests, your endless energy and our full band made your dance floor jam packed all night. Playing your grandma Lois' favorite song, It Had to Be You and having her dance with you was one of my all-time favorite moments of my career. You're an amazing couple! Thanks again for the great review. Much love to you both and your families!
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 03/23/2019

Best Wedding Band EVER

We hired David Rothstein for our music & entertainment for our wedding in March. Great music was a priority for us from the beginning, so we did our research. When we finally met with David, he was excited to work with us and personalize his music services to what we wanted. Throughout our planning, he was super responsive and quick to give us advice or recommendations if we needed help. He added a few extras into our packages–like a solo saxophonist for a guest welcome and a modern trio ceremony ensemble–both of which made a statement for how epic and classy the night would be! We also had a jazz trio play for cocktail hour and dinner! But the best part by far with the 11 piece band! They read the crowd and played exactly the right songs to keep the dance floor going! They continuously interacted with the crowd in a classy way that our guests loved! It has been 4 weeks since our wedding night, and our guests cannot stop talking about the great music we had! On top of all of this, David was the emcee. He kept the night organized and moving–and even gave us a personalized gift for our guests to sign!

Sent on 04/22/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much Julia for the incredible review! Your wedding was such a blast! Glad to hear you did you much research before you chose us for your and Peter's big day! We loved keeping your dance floor packed all night which such a wide variety of songs. The energy between you, your guests and the band was amazing!! Loved getting to know you and Peter so I could create a special gift for you signed by all your guests. I'm so happy I help to keep your wedding schedule right on track too. Much love to you both as well as your family and friends! Hope to see you at some of your friend's celebrations! Thanks again Julia!

Al Sarno · Married on 02/11/2019

Thank You David!

David Rothstein was the best decision we could have made for our wedding! David and his band kept all of our guests on their feet dancing from start to end. He was extremely easy to work with, even attended our final walk-thru with our wedding planner and venue. From the first time we spoke to David, he was professional, energetic and you can tell he cares about the couple getting married.

When it comes to weddings, its pretty simple... David is the only way to go!

Sent on 11/21/2019

Nate Coleman · Married on 11/02/2018

Show stopper

Absolutely recommended for any wedding. David was friendly, professional, well-organized, and a pleasure to work with. The band kept the party going all night, and there wasn't a person in the house who wasn't dancing. Fun, energetic, and they know how to run a great show!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thank you so much Nate and Melissa! You guys were so great to work with. Your enthusiastic guests especially the theatre folks took things to another level of fun! Being able to see Melissa's sisters again after playing their weddings was very special to me!

Kolby Hoffman · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely AMAZING!!!

While planning our wedding, we knew we for sure wanted a band rather than a DJ. When we came across David Rothstein Music, we set up a meeting right away. As soon as we met with David, we knew that we wanted David Rothstein Music to be a part of our special day. Throughout the entire process he was a pleasure to work with. He was very prompt with responses to any questions I had. By the time the reception finally came, the band was unbelievable. We were concerned people wouldn't dance because we were having a dry wedding but they had the dance floor packed the entire night and we had numerous people compliment on how great the music was and they're still talking about it now. If you're looking for a wedding band, go with David Rothstein Music, you won't be disappointed!!!

Sent on 11/05/2018

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Wow! The musicians and I really appreciate you sharing your enthusiasm! Your wedding was so much fun for everyone even without any alcohol! I really enjoyed getting to know you and J. You're a great couple with an incredible group of friends and family behind you. Being able to host the event at your family's farm made it even more special. Hopefully we'll see you at some of your friend's weddings soon! All my best to all of you. Thanks again, Kolby.
  • Dana

Dana Suskind · Married on 09/15/2018

BEST wedding decision we made!!

The BEST wedding decision we made! David was the consummate professional guiding me through the entire process (part therapist, part wedding planner, complete musical genius!). The music was the highlight of our wedding....we could have skipped the food, flowers and alcohol (ok, maybe not the alcohol) and people would have still loved it! Thank you David!

Sent on 12/06/2018

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks Dana and John for the great review! I really appreciate you having us for your very authentic wedding. Probably the smartest wedding we've ever played since it was held at the University of Chicago with a majority of your guests being fellow UC professors including the University Chancellor. It doesn't take a Nobel prize however to know how much fun everybody had at your wedding. I loved getting to know you and celebrate with your big family and your dynamic parents! Much love to all of you!!

John A · Married on 09/08/2018

Amazing musicians, incredible service!

Being a musician myself, I knew we wanted an amazing band for our wedding. When my wife and I decided on David Rothstein we made one of the best decisions of our wedding. From the moment we reached out for a quote, David was incredibly helpful and prompt with everything. Their performance the night of the wedding was outstanding and our dance floor was full all night. We had some odd requests throughout the night and David and his band were more than happy to fulfill them all. The gift they gave us, which they do with every couple, was so thoughtful and such a fun idea! I highly recommend these guys if you want the best wedding orchestra around!

Sent on 10/23/2018

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much John! All the musicians and I will never forget your amazing wedding. Playing the wedding for a fellow wedding band leader's wedding was very special. Having you and your own band performing along with us for a few songs was an incredible experience. We loved learning all your special requests and keeping your dance floor packed all night! All our best to you and Kellly! Thanks again for the amazing review!

Chris F · Married on 08/25/2018

Incredible Performance

David and team were great to work with, and did an incredible job performing at our wedding! We received non-stop compliments during and after the wedding, and couldn’t be more grateful for the unforgettable performance!

David was great to work with from the beginning, particularly with my wife and I’s indecision, and the band did an awesome job selecting music throughout the night. We had the 11-piece orchestra (as well as jazz trio during cocktail hour), and our dance floor was packed the entire night! David also excelled beyond typical band responsibilities, providing invaluable insight into timeline planning and helping facilitate a smooth evening the day of.

We couldn’t have been more happy with the experience and highly recommend DRM to anyone.

Sent on 08/15/2019

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much for your five-star review! We loved working with you. Glad to hear you received so many compliments. I know planning a wedding can be a tricky process. You're purchasing a lot of services that you've never bought before. I'm always happy to help and give our clients the best information possible so that you can make the best decision for your big day. We loved seeing your packed dance floor. I'm glad we were able to adjust quickly to what your guests were responding to the most. Your special request certainly gave us some good insights as to what your guests would enjoy the most. I see my job as the MC as far more valuable than just making announcements. I am really there to help you and all your vendors enjoy the evening knowing that someone really has their backs. I love your enthusiasm for what our band and myself were able to do for your big day. I hope we get a chance to celebrate at some of your friends' weddings together at some point in the future.

Katherine · Married on 07/28/2018

David Rothstein Band was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding day. We used the jazz trio during cocktail hour, 11 piece band, and late night DJ & saxophone for our wedding reception. We were absolutely blown away by David Rothstein Band. David is extremely professional, organized, and an absolute joy to work with. My husband and I both went to Indiana University and David had all of our guests sign an IU basketball - truly an awesome touch!

The band is incredible. They are extremely talented and energetic. Our dance floor was packed all night long with people of all ages dancing. The band went out of their way to learn songs for us and it was obvious that they are truly passionate about what they do. I can’t say enough good things about this band. Guests came up to us the entire night of our wedding saying how incredible the band was and how they’ve never danced so much at a wedding. Our wedding was over a month ago now, but we are still receiving compliments on how AMAZING the band was. I highly recommend David Rothstein Band!

Sent on 08/31/2018

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thank you so much Katherine for the enthusiastic review! So glad you loved what our band was able to do for your big day! We were more than happy to learn your special requests and keep everyone dancing. Tracking down the Indiana Basketball for you was a lot of fun. Happy you and all your guests enjoyed it. You're a great couple. I have a feeling we'll be seeing you guys at lots of your friend's weddings. Thanks again!!

Venu · Married on 07/21/2018

David and his group were the absolute best. We've been getting so many of our friends and family telling us that our wedding was the best that they've been to, not just because of the love in the room from all of the guests, but the love and energy David and his band brought with them to the dance floor as well. The groups genuine enthusiasm and excitement set them way apart. We would highly recommend David Rothstein music to any bride and groom!

Sent on 07/24/2018

David Rothstein Music's reply:

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your applause!! Glad you and your guests felt the love and enthusiasm from me and my band. That's what great weddings are all about! ! It was an honor to be a part of your high energy celebration at Cafe Brauer! :)

Gabriela · Married on 06/09/2018

When it came time for my husband and I to pick out a band for our wedding, we were really overwhelmed because knew it was one of the most crucial wedding decisions. When we found David Rothstein Music online, we instantly were drawn to them. Not only was their music impressive but we liked a lot of the things they did that made them different - specifically, that David was included as an emcee, a DJ is included to play when the band takes breaks throughout the night, and that they go above and beyond and donate your wedding flowers to a nursing home.

We scheduled a meeting with David and immediately felt at ease. His happy and optimistic personality is infectious and he was extremely professional and organized. We immediately knew that David was different in that he would go above and beyond for his couples. One example of this was he overheard my husband and I talking and I had mentioned that I had never seen Father of the Bride before. Well, several days later (and before we even signed a contract with David), the Father of the Bride DVD showed up at my apartment. Well it was David who sent it to me! It was so appreciated and it was such a personal touch that many vendors to not provide anymore.

Another thing worth mentioning is that when my husband and I were choosing all of our music, there was a song that we really wanted to have for our first dance, but it was not on the band list so we figured that we would not be able to have it played. Well - we were wrong. When we asked David about it, he said that the band would be willing to learn the song just for us! It was yet another example of David Rothstein Music going above and beyond to make sure that our night was so special.

Fast forward to the wedding night and David Rothstein Music did not disappoint. Our guests were dancing the entire night, and to this day it is one of the main highlights that our guests keep bringing up!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2018

I can’t say enough great things about David and the entire band! David was extremely accomidating and quick to respond. He worked with all my ideas and really seemed excited! On the wedding night, he did an AMAZING job keeping the night moving and making sure the guests were entertained. Along with all of this, the music was phenominal! We chose to have the string quartet for ceremony, jazz trio for cocktails, and 8 piece orchestra for dinner and dancing (which came with a DJ). Everything was seamless and wonderful from start to finish. Thanks DRM!

Sent on 06/03/2018

David Rothstein Music's reply:

Thanks so much for the great review Stephanie! It was an amazing night. So glad you loved everything so much. Thrilled that you chose The All Styles quartet for your ceremony. They were able to accommodate everything from classical, to Beatles songs to even Top 40. We loved seeing You, Tyler and all your guests dancing all night! You chose some great songs. Having your brother-In laws singing and playing with our band for your first dance was something anyone who was there will never forget. Your wedding had so many fun meaningful moments. Thanks for including us in your big day and for super your review!!