David O. Baldwin Photography Reviews

28 | Kailua Kona, HI

28 Reviews for David O. Baldwin Photography

• Desiree

Desiree · Married on 02/14/2019

Amazing work and amazing man!

Really enjoyed David’s attitude and love for what he does. Our pictures are amazing and couldn’t be more pleased.

Sent on 06/01/2019

Leslie Carlson · Married on 11/08/2018

The Carlson Wedding

Our beautiful day was made perfect by capturing spectacular moments! David was genuine, relaxed, kind-spirited, and incredibly professional! He worked flawlessly with our small children, and was attentive to our requests. His expertise was unmatchable!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Kerri · Married on 08/10/2018

David photographed our wedding on August 10, 2018 and we could not have asked for a better photographer. He was funny and disarming, and really made all of our guests feel relaxed and comfortable. Best of all, he charmed our four sons (ages 10-19) into cooperating and having a good time. When you have a teenage boy admitting that getting his picture taken was "fun", you know you've found a great photographer! Birgit is terrific as well -- organized, super helpful and extremely responsive! They are a great team!

We don't have all of our images back yet, but the ones we've seen so far are absolutely fabulous! We couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 08/13/2018
  • Y

Yvonne · Married on 04/16/2018

David and his wife make a great business team. We received some questions in advance to share our vision and interests. David called us a few days before the wedding to touch base and was amazing on site with us. He loves what he does and it shows in his work and how he handles people. He was fun, open, easy going, and had a great sense of humor. Pictures were awesome! Thank you David!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Mariaelena · Married on 08/08/2017

David O. Baldwin Photography was outstanding. Such a fun guy. He's been such a plesure to work with. David and his wife were very accommodating. He made everyone feel comfortable to take pictures. He made the wedding so fun before, during and after. It's like being around an old friend taking your pictures. My family and I loved every second of the photo shoot. The pictures look great, I love the lighting and the colours and everything. I would definitely reccomend him taking your pictures!

Sent on 08/15/2017
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 07/21/2017

Amazing! Great photography.

We booked David & Birgit with just about a months notice. They were so kind, so helpful, and all around just an amazing photography team. David is the photographer and Birgit does the coordinating and photo editing- both so good at what they do. We received a sample photo less than 2 hours after our ceremony! Would 100% recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2019

Amber · Married on 05/23/2017

I am so incredibly happy with the photographer, the support (his wife), and of course- the pictures! Hands down the best experience I have ever had with a photographer. David had my kids smiling- real smiles, not just fake picture smiles. I didn't get very good pictures from my first wedding and I always regretted not taking more time to choose a good photographer. So, for our 20th anniversary vow renewal, I really did my homework and it paid off! I can not recommend David O. Baldwin Photography enough!

Sent on 06/11/2017

amber · Married on 05/20/2017

David O. Baldwin Photography was awesome. They were very accommodating and made everyone feel comfortable to take pictures. I have a family full of guys that hate being the center of attention and hate pictures and poses. David somehow got them all out of their shells and they loved it and wanted to keep taking pictures. He had every picture I wanted plus some. I am very happy with the quality and quantity of pictures that was taken. They are also very reasonably priced and fast in getting the edits to you. I would hire them every occasion I had to capture those special moments. There is no words I could use to express my happiness in the captured moments that he took on my special wedding day. Any blanks that I could not remember on my day it was definitely captured by David in his photos. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Stacey · Married on 09/08/2016

It would be a HUGE mistake not to utilize this gentleman's expertise. He was both professional and made me feel at easy.
    The photography's were amazing.
    Stacey Oppenheim

Sent on 09/20/2016

David O. Baldwin Photography's reply:

Thank you so so much for your kind works Stacey, Birgit & I love working with you, it is easy when you have fun beautiful people to photograph.
    We hope you enjoy our photos for a lifetime to come.
    Aloha and Mahalo
    Davido

Richard · Married on 07/05/2016

David was very caring and spot on to details and made us feel very comfortable from the moment we met. If you want your moment captured perfectly, then David is your guy. SPOT ON PERFECTION!!

Sent on 07/13/2016

David O. Baldwin Photography's reply:

Thanks so much Richard, you guys were a blast. Hope to meet and shoot again sometime. Aloha and Mahalo for choosing us to be your photographer.
    Davido

sandra · Married on 07/02/2016

David Baldwin is fabulous. Unknown to us prior to my son's wedding on July4th we chose him after reviewing his wedding photos on his web site, his responsiveness and such willingness to fit our needs. His personality is over the top he is so enjoyable and can make every one laugh even an Aunty Elaine! Wow he's great his photography was perfect He really knows his stuff I have never had the need for a photographer before and would really recommend him to all-he's the bomb thanks Mr. Baldwin-personality and skill plus.

Sent on 07/08/2016

David O. Baldwin Photography's reply:

Sandra you made my day! I just can't thank you enough. You guys were great
    I loved the energy of our shoot, it was a great time to be a photographer. No all families are as fun as you guys. That's why we made some many great pictures, it was a team effort.
    Birgit thanks you as well.

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2016

David and his wife Brigit are incredible! We were planning our ceremony in Hawaii from California; they were so on top of their communication from the very beginning and helped to plan an amazing day without having ever met. They were incredibly organized with their payments, emails, client questionnaires etc. and sought to really get to know us even calling and talking to us on the phone. They were extremely open to letting us decide how we wanted our photos to look. David brought the printed out the samples we sent, with him. David was so much fun and he made us instantly feel comfortable making jokes, having fun, and having nice genuine conversation... He was the witness on our marriage license. So great to have him part of our day and will work with him in the future if/when we are back on the island.

Sent on 06/29/2016

David O. Baldwin Photography's reply:

Aloha Jennifer you are so kind to write and what a blessing to receive a 5 star review. Birgit and I thank you from the bottom of our hearts but the truth is when you have fun beautiful people that are highly organized and know what they what it's easy. We laughed, we had fun and still got everything and more. It will always be one of my favorites because of you two.
    Love love love you guys.
    Aloha,
    Davido & Birgit

Erin · Married on 04/01/2016

We would highly recommend David to anyone looking for a wedding photographer! We live 4700 miles from Hawaii and had never met David prior, but he took the time to call us when we arrived to meet over the phone and get to know our personalities. On our wedding day, David made us feel relaxed, fun and truly captured our essence with his pictures! We felt like old friends and he made me feel like a supermodel! The pictures are gorgeous and we could not be happier! David was the perfect choice for us!!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Michelle · Married on 03/25/2016

Hiring a photographer for what I was looking for was a bit different. I was in the beginning stages of adoption for a newborn. I needed to put together a "birth mother" profile brochure for expectant mothers to view. I needed recent vibrant and professional pictures. I chose David, as I wanted to personally hire a photographer with years of experience, as well as someone who did not belong to a company with several photographers---where "any" of them could show up that day. David was wonderful--enthusiastic, personable--and really maximized our time. The photos he took were perfect--and my profile couldn't look any better! His wife Birgit was also a doll during all her e-mails---and prompt responses, I would hire them again and again!! Thank you so much
    Michelle--June 2016

Sent on 06/24/2016

Brittany · Married on 02/18/2016

We would highly recommend David O. Baldwin to anyone of our family and friends. We eloped to the big island and knew it was absolutely vital to capture our special day through photos. David made our vision come alive for our wedding day. I could not thank his wife, Birgit enough for all of her assistance in planning our day. Overall we had a wonderful experience and are absolutely in love with the selection of photos. THANK YOU For the wonderful job!!!

Sent on 03/01/2016

JD & Liss · Married on 11/20/2015

David was excellent in engaging all of our wedding attendees. He didn't waste any time, helped calm a stressed bride after she arrived late, captured the essence of our families coming together, was charismatic, personable and incredibly resourceful in suggesting a venue for a public beach wedding that was not only relatively private, but within a 3-minute walk to our reception. We highly recommend David for your Big Island photography needs!

Sent on 11/30/2015

Laura · Married on 10/22/2015

Thank you David for the wonderful pictures of our wedding. You made us feel very special and relaxed during the wedding and photo shoot. We highly recommend David to be your photographer for any event. Thank you again David and Birgit for making this very special.
    Laura and Brian

Sent on 11/21/2015

Leslie · event on: 07/04/2015

David and his wife were very professional and easy to work with. In addition, David made both my fiance and I feel extremely comfortable, where we just had a good time and were laughing, which made for great photographs. All in all a great experience and we ended up with awesome pictures that will last a life time. Thank you, David!

Sent on 08/03/2015

We used David as our photographer for our small, intimate wedding in Kohala Ranch. Our entire experience with David and Birgit was great! Birgit was very helpful and always responded to emails quickly. David called us a couple days before our special day to get an idea of what we were really looking for. I have to say we both feel like David far exceeded our expectations! David was a delight to have on our wedding day...he was very funny, very laid back, very professional and respectful and seemed to capture all the perfect "in the moment" photos. Our guests absolutely loved David as well...we all had a lot of fun taking the photos at our wedding. At the end of the night we were even able to view some of the photos that David had taken that night. We have all of the photos from our special day now and we are having a really hard time picking which ones to print because we love so many of them. Overall, we would highly recommend David as the photographer for any event!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Bill · Married on 12/13/2014

David did a great job and helped the day go smooth!! The pictures turned out amazing. He captured everything perfectly.

Sent on 12/26/2014

Natasha · Married on 07/11/2014

David O Photography was AMAZING! My husband and I weren't too sure who we were going to hire for our wedding photographer and found David online just doing research for photographers in Kona. After speaking with David for the first time I knew he was the one I needed to have at my wedding. He sounded so passionate, fun and welcoming, especially for being a complete stranger to me.

Birgit is very quick at responding to your phone calls or emails and communication is great! She makes sure they are prepared for the day and you, as the client, get exactly what you want.

David is so funny and outgoing, he feels like apart of the family when taking photos. He provides the perfect environment for a special day! Everyone loved David's personality! He takes such beautiful photos and so many that it's hard to choose which ones you want.

Definitely would recommend David O Photography to anyone, it's worth it!

Sent on 08/01/2014

Kanoe · Married on 06/21/2014

Hiring David O. Baldwin Photography was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We loved working with David (lead photographer) and Birgit (business manager) from the very start. They manage to seamlessly combine the artistry and professionalism of a photography business. Their customer service far exceeded our expectations.
    During the planning stages, Birgit was wonderful with checking in on us to see if she could help with anything. She was efficient, helpful, and prompt – my emails and phone calls were returned within 24-48 hours. If she needed some extra time to get an answer to me, she communicated when she expected to have it, and responded when promised. When our wedding was still 6+ months away, she sent us an email to let us know they were going on vacation and asked if there was anything we might need from them before they left. As a project manager and first-time bride, it was refreshing to work with someone whom you never had to chase for follow up.
    David and his assistant were so attentive, positive, and calming during all of our wedding activities (rehearsal, wedding day ceremony, and wedding reception). Our guests were happy to have their photo taken by him because of his awesome sense of humor, and friendliness – we are still receiving compliments on how much they liked him. He was playful, while still getting the photos we need. It was an outdoor, summer wedding, so David even had a few towels handy to wipe away any sweat. He took all of the photos we specifically requested, and more. The quality of the photos were top notch, and beautifully done. Birgit had some of them uploaded the very next morning!
    I highly recommend using the Baldwin’s for your wedding photography needs!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Ana · Married on 06/18/2014

Amaziiiiiiiing work!! He and Birgit are extremely talented & our photos look unbelievable!!
    Super professional & great communication! :-) above all, he will make you feel incredible & at ease... So fun!! Check out his website, as all his clients look breathtaking!! Thank you David & Birgit for the amazing work you did!! M
    Y best, Ana

Sent on 06/26/2014

René · Married on 04/15/2014

David captured our day so perfectly! He was fun and laid back and took amazing photos. We got to see about 10 pics that night on the blog and we received the rest only 1 week after the wedding. I would recommend him to anyone! Thanks David!

Sent on 05/16/2014

eric · Married on 07/26/2016

very professional and attentive to details and questions made the whole process so simple and smooth would highly recommend David

Sent on 08/22/2016