David Allen Coester Reviews

David Allen Coester View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Corry
    Corry O. Married on 08/21/2021

Excellent performer and great addition to the wedding

Having David perform at our ceremony and during our cocktail hour was the perfect way to incorporate live music. David was affordable, easy to communicate with, and very low maintenance. We had several guests approach us letting us know how great his music was. He had a good list of music to choose from and was willing to learn new music if given enough time. I would recommend David to anyone for their wedding as he is extremely talented.

David Allen Coester's reply:

Thanks for the kind words. Wedding days are busy and stressful . I don't want to cause no trouble. It was a great day.
  • Calvin
    Calvin K. Married on 08/14/2021

Excellent musician and great person!

It was wonderful having David play his guitar at our celebration. He went out of his way to arrange and perform a special song for us!

David Allen Coester's reply:

Thank you. It was a lovely day. The song I learned is definitely a keeper. Thanks for recommending it.
    Jaimie L. Married on 07/31/2021

Great Wedding Musician

I had a great experience working with David for our wedding this summer! I had originally wanted a violinist, but once I heard David's guitar samples I knew he would be perfect for our boho/barn themed wedding. The music was beautiful for both our ceremony and our cocktail hour. He was very easy to work with and very communicative throughout the process. He brought his own equipment and even lent a microphone to our officiant. Other musicians in the area were vastly more expensive, and David's rates were very fair. Would recommend to anyone looking for a ceremony/cocktail musician!
    Danielle C. Married on 07/24/2021

Wonderful!

David was amazing! He was very responsive, and flexible! He learned a new song for my wedding and played it beautifully! I couldn’t have asked for a better guitarist :)

David Allen Coester's reply:

Thank you. I love playing for you and your guests (and the beer donkey too). Makin' plans is a great addition to the wedding gig book. Thanks for suggesting it.
  • Harriet
    Harriet N. Married on 07/10/2021

Wonderful guitarist

David was wonderful and easy to work with for our wedding. He was well acquainted with our venue, which was a relief as we knew that he would be able to take care of our microphone needs and offer advice as we planned the timing of our ceremony. He cheerfully accommodated our song requests and our guests shared that his prelude music was lovely and set a perfect tone for our day. We would recommend him to anyone wishing for classical or acoustic guitar music at their ceremony.
  • Marisa
    Marisa Y. Married on 05/22/2021

Amazing musician

David plays amazing music. He is very easy to communicate with. Accommodated all of our requests. He was punctual. I would hire him again 100 % . Loved working with him

David Allen Coester's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. I had a great time playing for you and your guests at your rehearsal dinner.
  • Michelle
    Michelle M. Married on 01/09/2021

Ceremony/cocktail hour music

David was wonderful to work with from start to wedding day! He was organized and prompt with responses, and really flexible and understanding when we had to postpone our original date due to covid. He played our ceremony music and music during our cocktail hour and his music is absolutely beautiful and our guests raved about him. To top it all off, he even learned a new song for us and did an amazing job learning and performing it in such little time. My husband plays guitar as a hobby and couldn’t stop talking about how talented David is. But the best part of all is that he is incredibly kind with a great sense of humor, and was truly just a pleasure to chat and correspond with around wedding time. Thank you so much David!!!

David Allen Coester's reply:

It was such a beautiful day. Possibly a perfect day. You and your husband and so many of the guests were so kind to me. The Ray Lamontagne song is a great addition to the gig book. Bonus: Its fun to play too. Thank you for your kind words.
  • Charlotte
    Charlotte H. Married on 09/26/2020

Amazing Addition to Our Evening!

David was an absolute joy to have as a musician for our wedding. We were looking for beautiful acoustical music for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and he did not disappoint. Not only is he wildly talented, but he takes great care to plan the music to fit your ceremony and event as a whole. He has a wide range of songs to choose from (my husband was thrilled for some Star Wars themed options) and is great with communication leading up to the big day. We were also able to rent his sound equipment for our reception, allowing us to play our own tunes and have a microphone for speeches. 5 stars all around and I could not recommend enough!

David Allen Coester's reply:

Thanks for the pictures. It was a beautiful day. I loved playing for you and your guests. It is great playing "Across the Stars" and "Princess Leia's Theme" for wedding processionals. They work so well. Both beautiful pieces that don't give their origin away. Most folks would be surprised that they are from Star Wars. Its is fabulous to see the big Bose amplifier getting you all dancing.
  • Meagan
    Meagan R. Married on 08/31/2019

David is Awesome

David was so easy to work with, even though we didn't meet before the big day. He even learned a new song (Believer) at the request of our Ring Bearer. We received compliments on the nice touch he brought to the ceremony and we are glad we chose to work with him. Thanks David!
    David Married on 06/15/2019

The Perfect Personal Performance

David's performance was the perfect addition to our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour. He helped us pick just the right songs, and even offered to learn new songs just for our ceremony. We never imagined we'd get beautiful live music with a such a personal touch. David was a joy to work with and had a refreshingly positive attitude. Hire him!
    Andres Married on 09/27/2018
    David was great! Got their early the day of, made sure to speak with me before to go over everything. He played beautifully and the sound quality was superb! I would highly recommend David to anyone looking to have quality live music on their special day.
    Samantha Married on 07/01/2017
    David was amazing - he gave us exactly the vibes we were looking for for our ceremony and cocktail hour, plus he was timely and organized. I was so pleased that he had some of my favorite indie songs already in his solo guitar bank of songs. He even provided a mic for our officiant (such an added bonus and value).

I highly recommend him! He rocks!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 11/12/2016
    David did an absolutely fabulous job at our wedding! He played both during our church service and our cocktail hour for the reception. We had a lot of people comment on how beautiful the music was. We did not get to meet prior to the wedding, but he made contact with me about all the details and what kind of music we wanted. He also called the day of to confirm nothing had changed (times, locations, music, etc) which I thought was really responsible. I felt very comfortable knowing how on the ball he seemed. He was a vendor that I did not have to think or worry about which is obviously appreciated when we have a thousand other things to do. Thank you David!

David Allen Coester's reply:

It was a great day! Very friendly guests. I loved working on the "new to me" music for the ceremony. Thanks for your kind words.
    Cassandra Married on 10/02/2016
    David was absolutely amazing! He played during our ceremony and during cocktail hour. He even learned a few songs requested by us to be played during the recessional and processional. And not just any songs, a theme song from our favorite show and a White Stripes song. He really blew us away! Pricing was reasonable as well, although he could charge more because the service he provided was phenomenal. I highly recommend using David for your event.
    Kristin Married on 06/25/2016
    David was a pleasure to do business with, he was congenial and responsive throughout the planning process. The day of he understood things get a little hectic, but he did a fantastic job setting things up and entertaining everyone. David is an OUTSTANDING musician!! He added the perfect touch to our ceremony. We would highly recommend David for any event!!
  • Laura
    Laura Married on 05/14/2016

Great musician!

David is an exceptional guitarist. He elevated our wedding ceremony with his music. His communication was always timely and professional. He was even willing to learn a new song for us. Definitely recommend!

David Allen Coester's reply:

Thanks for the kind words. I had a great time playing for you and your guests. Loved learning the new piece Not one I was expecting. Now it is in permanent rotation in the gig book.
    Rachael Married on 08/01/2015
    I'll echo what others have said. David's music sounds wonderful. It really added to our ceremony. He is very professional and dependable. Not having met him before hand, we communicated well over e-mail and phone such that I felt perfectly comfortable with the arrangement. I'd hire him again hands down!

David Allen Coester's reply:

So long ago. I remember that day at the Arboretum. Thanks for the kind words.
    Lindsay Married on 09/13/2014
    David's playing was a great addition to our ceremony. The acoustic guitar was a perfect fit for our outdoor winery wedding, and we received many compliments from our friends and family on the music. He was willing to learn a new song for the bridal party to walk down to, which I really appreciated.

David provided a wireless microphone for our officiant and a mic stand for our readers, both battery-powered so we didn't have to worry about extension cords. Also, when my sister stood at the mic to do a reading, she realized she had nowhere to set her bouquet down, so David held it for her. My overall impression of him was very positive - he was friendly when we went over last-minute details, professional and attentive during the ceremony, and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend him.
    Amy Married on 06/07/2014
    David was wonderful! Having a live musician rather than recording for the processional and recessional made our intimate ceremony even more special. Everyone complimented the pre ceremony music as well.
    Christina Married on 07/28/2013
    David was amazing! We could not have asked for anything more. Not only did he play beautiful music, but he called me the day before and calmed all of my pre-wedding jitters. He even learned and played a beautiful classical arrangement of Jason Mraz's "I'm yours" that I requested. We were so satisfied. Thank you!!!
    Melisa Married on 09/08/2012
    David did a fabulous job as our ceremony musician at our wedding. In addition to being a talented musician, he was laid-back, funny and easy to work with throughout. I highly recommend him for your wedding or event.
    Julia Married on 07/28/2012
    David provided music for my wedding ceremony, and was amazing to work with. He was very responsive, learned songs that I requested, provided insights on other wedding ceremonies that he has seen work well in the past, and was great on the day of the wedding. I will never forget walking down the aisle to "Can't Help Falling in Love!" Thank you!!!
    Erica Married on 06/09/2012
    Amazing. Exactly what we wanted. Very professional and excellent music. He played our ceremony and our cocktail hour. Many people commented on how perfect he was. It was eloquent, simple and sophisticated. VERY REASONABLE price. Highly recommend!!!!!!!
    Peg Married on 07/10/2010
    Thanks a million - it would have been very dull without you!
    Lindsay Married on 05/01/2010
    we had david allen coester play at our ceremony and through the hors d'oeuvres. he is a classical guitarist and he is amazing.