David Allen Coester Reviews

17 | Ithaca, NY

17 Reviews for David Allen Coester

Andres · Married on 09/27/2018

David was great! Got their early the day of, made sure to speak with me before to go over everything. He played beautifully and the sound quality was superb! I would highly recommend David to anyone looking to have quality live music on their special day.

Samantha · Married on 07/01/2017

David was amazing - he gave us exactly the vibes we were looking for for our ceremony and cocktail hour, plus he was timely and organized. I was so pleased that he had some of my favorite indie songs already in his solo guitar bank of songs. He even provided a mic for our officiant (such an added bonus and value).

I highly recommend him! He rocks!

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/12/2016

David did an absolutely fabulous job at our wedding! He played both during our church service and our cocktail hour for the reception. We had a lot of people comment on how beautiful the music was. We did not get to meet prior to the wedding, but he made contact with me about all the details and what kind of music we wanted. He also called the day of to confirm nothing had changed (times, locations, music, etc) which I thought was really responsible. I felt very comfortable knowing how on the ball he seemed. He was a vendor that I did not have to think or worry about which is obviously appreciated when we have a thousand other things to do. Thank you David!

Sent on 12/02/2016

David Allen Coester's reply:

It was a great day! Very friendly guests. I loved working on the "new to me" music for the ceremony. Thanks for your kind words.

Cassandra · Married on 10/02/2016

David was absolutely amazing! He played during our ceremony and during cocktail hour. He even learned a few songs requested by us to be played during the recessional and processional. And not just any songs, a theme song from our favorite show and a White Stripes song. He really blew us away! Pricing was reasonable as well, although he could charge more because the service he provided was phenomenal. I highly recommend using David for your event.

Kristin · Married on 06/25/2016

David was a pleasure to do business with, he was congenial and responsive throughout the planning process. The day of he understood things get a little hectic, but he did a fantastic job setting things up and entertaining everyone. David is an OUTSTANDING musician!! He added the perfect touch to our ceremony. We would highly recommend David for any event!!

Rachael · Married on 08/01/2015

I'll echo what others have said. David's music sounds wonderful. It really added to our ceremony. He is very professional and dependable. Not having met him before hand, we communicated well over e-mail and phone such that I felt perfectly comfortable with the arrangement. I'd hire him again hands down!

Sent on 05/15/2017

David Allen Coester's reply:

So long ago. I remember that day at the Arboretum. Thanks for the kind words.

Lindsay · Married on 09/13/2014

David's playing was a great addition to our ceremony. The acoustic guitar was a perfect fit for our outdoor winery wedding, and we received many compliments from our friends and family on the music. He was willing to learn a new song for the bridal party to walk down to, which I really appreciated.

David provided a wireless microphone for our officiant and a mic stand for our readers, both battery-powered so we didn't have to worry about extension cords. Also, when my sister stood at the mic to do a reading, she realized she had nowhere to set her bouquet down, so David held it for her. My overall impression of him was very positive - he was friendly when we went over last-minute details, professional and attentive during the ceremony, and very easy to work with. I would highly recommend him.

Amy · Married on 06/07/2014

David was wonderful! Having a live musician rather than recording for the processional and recessional made our intimate ceremony even more special. Everyone complimented the pre ceremony music as well.

Christina · Married on 07/28/2013

David was amazing! We could not have asked for anything more. Not only did he play beautiful music, but he called me the day before and calmed all of my pre-wedding jitters. He even learned and played a beautiful classical arrangement of Jason Mraz's "I'm yours" that I requested. We were so satisfied. Thank you!!!

Melisa · Married on 09/08/2012

David did a fabulous job as our ceremony musician at our wedding. In addition to being a talented musician, he was laid-back, funny and easy to work with throughout. I highly recommend him for your wedding or event.

Julia · Married on 07/28/2012

David provided music for my wedding ceremony, and was amazing to work with. He was very responsive, learned songs that I requested, provided insights on other wedding ceremonies that he has seen work well in the past, and was great on the day of the wedding. I will never forget walking down the aisle to "Can't Help Falling in Love!" Thank you!!!

Erica · Married on 06/09/2012

Amazing. Exactly what we wanted. Very professional and excellent music. He played our ceremony and our cocktail hour. Many people commented on how perfect he was. It was eloquent, simple and sophisticated. VERY REASONABLE price. Highly recommend!!!!!!!

Peg · Married on 07/10/2010

Thanks a million - it would have been very dull without you!

Lindsay · Married on 05/01/2010

we had david allen coester play at our ceremony and through the hors d'oeuvres. he is a classical guitarist and he is amazing.

Samantha · Married on 06/10/2017

David played for our entire wedding including ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner. He even learned, arranged and played a song for us that was not already in his repertoire. The guests all had nothing but great things to say about the music. He is talented, plays beautifully and is such a nice and warm person. He really helped create the ambience we were looking for for our wedding. I will also say that his fees were more than reasonable. David is awesome!

David was an excellent ceremony musician. He was able to put together a classical acoustic version of the Theme from Top Gun for the groomsman processional. This was a special request, and a bit off-the-wall, at that. It was epic, yet tasteful for the chapel wedding. He also accompanied a singer for a hymn, last minute, with only 30 minutes before the ceremony to practice, and it was flawless.

He has a great variety of music, and knows how to play in a wedding situation. I am thrilled with the outcome.

Jamie · Married on 07/15/2016

3.5

David is an incredible guitarist. The music was so romantic and ethereal for our special day. Highly recommend him! Our guests were very impressed during the pre-ceremony, ceremony, and cocktail hour.