37 Reviews for Dave Miyamoto & Company

Trash The Dress (1)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Prints (1)
37 Dave Miyamoto & Company Reviews

These days when you have an experience that is genuine and real, you're lucky and that's what we had with Dave. He was professional and personable making taking photos easy. Our photos from the shoot at Baby Makapuu are beautiful with all the shots we need to pick from for our save-the-date card. Thanks Dave for providing service with much Aloha! :)

Profile Picture Kimi, 3/31/19, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot

Dave was awesome! He did such a great job at our elopement. Highly recommend him to anyone! Great guy, great photographer.

Profile Picture Justin, 2/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave was our wedding photographer, and he did an excellent job. We had a small beach side ceremony--Dave helped us with the selection of the beach--and the pictures were simply amazing! Throughout the photo shoot he helped us relax and feel comfortable. This was our first time doing a professional photoshoot so that was really helpful.

Dave is very professional and reliable. It was easy to communicate with him and plan the shoot (we live in NYC) even though we weren't based in HI. He responded quickly and was patient.

Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Shas, 1/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Getting ready photos, family photos, formal photos, ceremony photos, reception photos.
It was the most exciting day of our lives. Our daughter’s wedding!
Dave Miyamoto did not miss anything, he was on time, accommodating, and always pleasant.
We asked for a family photo to be taken, there were 33 of us!
Thank you Dave Miyamoto and company!! We have photos that have captured a moment that will forever be in our hearts and mind. Our family photo is priceless!
We will always recommend Dave Miyamoto and Company to friends and family!

Photo for Dave Miyamoto & Company Review - Amazing!!
Profile Picture Germaine, 12/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My wife and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon in November 2017 and wanted to do a "trash the dress" photo shoot. We hired Dave to be our photographer and I must say, it was the best decision period! Dave completely made our trip, this photo shoot was the highlight of the week. The amount of patience and professionalism that Dave has in uncanny. He has such an artistic eye and held our hand through the entire process. If you are looking for a photographer, hiring Dave is the easiest and best decision you will make.

Profile Picture Michael, 11/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am celebrating my 50th birthday this year and as part of that celebration my family and I took a trip to Kailua. Dave Miyamoto was one of the photographers recommended by the beach house rental's concierge. Once I saw his website, I knew he was exactly who I wanted for my birthday photo shoot. From our first email to our final hug goodbye, Dave was professional, warm, knowledgeable, and a huge blessing! With the change in weather and tides and such, he was very flexible and considerate. It was my first time to Hawaii and Dave picked some of the most beautiful sites to do our shoots. I could not be happier! He is exceptionally talented, as I am not a model by any means and was nervous about how the photos would turn out. Dave made me feel at ease and beautiful for my special shoot and the pictures are stunning! I actually shed a tear when I saw them! I highly recommend Dave!

Profile Picture Janeane , 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave and his wonderful assistant Paula shot our outdoor wedding in September at Ocean Gardens Ko'olina. My husband Ruy and I were both extremely pleased with the way our photos turned out. Dave met with us before the big day to get to know us, what was important to us in photos, and who/what we really wanted photos of so he wouldn't miss anything special to us. We instantly knew we would enjoy working with him and his team, he was professional but also very personable and just like a local family friend.

Ruy and I decided to do a first look and not take photos between the ceremony and reception to save time. But he did ask us if we wanted to be pulled away for 30 minutes to do sunset photos and we are so glad we did. The sunset photos were some of my favorite pictures.

At my wedding, we didn't have a professional planner or day of coordinator, and Dave's experience with weddings saved us, both with organizing our night around photos we didn't want to miss out on, and also with the overall flow of the evening.

What makes them extra special? Dave also did a "trash the dress" shoot with us that was incredible. Dave captures some of the most beautiful photos of my hubby and I in the water that I will cherish forever. I can't wait to put that on a wall in our first hours! He also created a photo album for us which was to die for!

Bottom line, Dave and company clearly have years of experience shooting weddings (especially outdoor which was super important to me.) He and his assistant Paula were more than a pleasure to work with and I will definitely look to work with them again in the future for other big life events!! Five stars from us!

Profile Picture Kelsi, 9/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

To limit Dave Miyamoto & Company to only five stars is an understatement! After hours of researching photographers on Oahu because we were very meticulous, we came across Dave and knew right away that he was the one. After scheduling and meeting with him, within minutes our intuition was confirmed. We wanted him to shoot our engagement session and wedding! Dave's warm personality immediately made us feel as though we were friends instead of clients. He spoke to us as though he had known us for years! To say he is accommodating would not serve him justice. When poor weather conditions cancelled our original shoot, without hesitation Dave rescheduled around our availability. Furthermore, he was very open to our ideas and more than willing to meet us at the location we desired. Every photo Dave has taken of us has perfectly captured who we are as individuals and as a couple! All of our friends and family have absolutely loved them and stated they have never seen photos so full of life and happiness! We cannot speak highly enough of Dave's professionalism, patience, and genuine personality. He is the embodiment of the Aloha spirit! We will never work with anyone other than Dave Miyamoto and Company!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave Miyamoto did a spectacular job on our engagement photoshoot in Hawaii. My husband and I did a lot of research prior to selecting Dave Miyamoto as our photographer for our engagement photos and we are so happy we picked him! As soon as we got to Hawaii, we met Dave within hours and discussed ideas and locations for our photos. He was extremely helpful and very easy to talk to. We decided on five themes: beach, underwater, urban, forest/mountain, and sunset.

During the shoot, Dave was extremely professional and very patient, especially with the underwater photos. If you’ve never done an underwater shot, it can be challenging as it was for us, but Dave will guide you through it and the end results are fantastic!

We are very happy with our photos taken by Dave! He captured beautiful moments and the locations he selected were perfect! Thank you Dave, for a great experience! We appreciate you and will cherish our photos forever!

You are the best! Just pick him as your photographer for your big events ????

Profile Picture Princess, 3/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave and Paula went above and beyond in all aspects of their job, they kept us on timeline while still making sure we were enjoying each moment and not feeling rushed, all while taking AMAZING SHOTS of us!! We knew photography was the one piece we could not scrimp on because in the end that's all you really have to immortalize the day! Dave and Paula were amazing, they made us feel comfortable in front of the camera and even stuck around to get those last few family shots once the reception was over. Words cannot express how truly grateful we are!! Thank you Dave and Paula!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 11/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

WOW!!!!!!!!! Do not waste anymore of your time trying to finding a wedding photographer. Dave is the BEST!!! He made our wedding day unbelievable. I am not an emotional person (I didn't cry during the ceremony) but every single person in my family, including me, shed a tear of joy when we first saw our wedding pictures. :) They are beautiful and we love them! My entire family and I are beyond impressed with our wedding photos and with Dave's professionalism and great personality. I would recommend Dave to anyone that needs any kind of photography done. Thank you so much Dave! My husband and I are beyond grateful that you were our photographer! We cannot thank you enough!

Profile Picture Lisa, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Albums, Digital Files

Couldn't be happier! We spoke with Dave over the phone and then met with him the week of the wedding (since we were coming from the mainland). We walked through the timeline and sent him specific pics/poses that we'd like to have. He was great during the wedding and made sure we got what we wanted. The formal pics turned out amazing! The turnaround time was also really quick! Highly recommend him!

Profile Picture User6585724, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave was wonderful to work with! The photos he took for my wedding are absolutely beautiful. He shot by himself and caught every moment perfectly. I had multiple people ask if there was another photographer shooting with him because he caught every angle of all the special moments so well! He was very easy to work with. I highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Tanner, 8/15/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave & Paula and their team were wonderful to work with. We had a general idea of the kind of shots we were going to do, but he also winged it according to the locations & characters we had available the day of our wedding. Dave & Paula were fun and easy going, creative, yet very professional. We all had a good time & I had complete trust that Dave would capture our memories for us!

We communicated easily through email and response time was fairly quick. I never had to chase him down or was kept waiting.
Our photos turned out excellent & we share with anyone who asks to see them.

Profile Picture Wendy, 7/18/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow, Trash The Dress, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

Dave Miyamoto was the photographer that came part of our wedding package at Paradise Cove. I was very happy with his photography. Dave was very friendly, he sent us the prints so quickly they already arrived when we returned from our Honeymoon. The wedding day he was only hired to be there for the ceremony but he even waited and stayed for our cake cutting to capture that moment which was so thoughtful and generous of him.

Profile Picture Christine, 1/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave and Company are the best in the islands, without a doubt. Despire months of preparation our venue was canceled 40 hours in advance of impending dual hurricanes, and had to be instantly rescheduled from start to finish a day earlier than any of us planned. Dave quickly rearranged his schedule and brought his professional expertise and artistic second-sense to the rescue and caught everything and everyone at the wedding and reception on film eliminating much of our last minute stress. He did so unobstrusively and patiently with our large family group and friends at the Waikiki destination. He is superb, reliable, flexible, and intuitive and produced many beautiful lasting memories we will always cherish. He should be rated a 10+

Profile Picture Joanne, 8/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave was a pleasure to work with. It was nerve racking picking a photographer for our destination wedding, but Dave made me feel comfortable and at ease. He delivered all the types of photos that we asked for and was such an easy going person. He was very professional and extremely prompt at returning calls/emails. I give Dave my highest recommendation.

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/4/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography

Words cannot express our gratitude to Dave. He must be an angel sent from wedding heaven! Aside from being a great photographer, he is a wonderful person! We found Dave through browsing the vendor albums at the Wedding Café. Once we viewed his albums and saw the packages he offered, we knew he was the wedding photographer for us. In his photos, he captured those unforgettable, joyful moments and emotions. It was as if we were at that wedding as a guest. So you could imagine how ecstatic we were when Dave said he was available on our wedding day!

Although it can get stressful during the wedding planning, when you sit down with Dave, you know everything is going to be okay and there's no need to stress. Dave helped us with our wedding day timeline such that our 3-hour coverage package captured our entire wedding--ceremony, reception, and family and couple photo shoots. (Mind you, we were flexible with our reception agenda and chose not to have the pre-ceremony/getting ready shots.)

Since our wedding venue was not at the beach or near a "picturesque" backdrop (e.g., mountains in the distance), we wondered if that would affect our portrait-style shots. That was not a concern to Dave. He said as long as he found the right lighting, it wouldn't matter the backdrop. He was right. Our photos were beautiful--from the "candid" photos that showed the sheer joy in our and our family and friends' faces to our portrait-style photos. When we shared our photos with family and friends, many couldn't believe the shots were taken at our wedding venue, a restaurant in the middle of town. We received nothing but wonderful comments of how beautiful the photos turned out.

Dave is an amazing photographer and has a great eye for capturing great shots. He captures the pure love and joy that is in everyone's hearts into his photos. Thank you, Dave!

Profile Picture User4000412, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

David is an Amazing photographer! He captured the most intimate moments of our wedding that we will cherish for many years to come . Couldn't have chosen a better photographer to capture our day!!!

Profile Picture Crystal, 1/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Dave and Michelle were a joy to work with from the start. We first met them at the wedding cafe and right away they made us feel comfortable with their service and professionalism.

We hired Dave for our engagement and wedding. The engagement shoot was done at Sandy's beach and the pictures came out perfect. Dave gave us the DVD with all shots the next day. Great service.

For our wedding at Halekulani Dave made the pictures look natural and captured all moments with grace and his unique vision. The results were just amazing. All processed DVDs were ready for us in 10 days after the wedding. He also put all our pictures online for our friends and relatives to view.

We could not have happier with Dave's professional approach and how accommodating he was to all our requirements. Would highly recommend Dave for any event.

Profile Picture User2718170, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave Miyamoto & Company Photography is a company that I would recommend to everyone who's planning on getting married in Hawaii! Dave, as well as his wife, Michelle, were very responsive, flexible and very friendly, and of course, the quality of Dave's work is impeccable. Dave did our engagement shoot, as well as photography for our wedding, and all the images were perfect! We couldn't be happier that we chose Dave Miyamoto to cover our wedding. We really got our money's worth, and we will forever cherish the moments that Dave captured during our special day!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 9/28/12, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wow!! Dave and Michelle Miyamoto are fantastic. We had our wedding vows renewed on the beach of Waikiki at 8am. Dave took absolutely beautiful photos and we had fun, a lot of fun. Michelle is fantastic so full of the Aloha Spirit and helpful. We had a split session and met Dave and Michelle on the North Shore in the evening for Sunset Photos, just beautiful. We have wonderful memories and photos and new Ohana (family) in Dave and Michelle, to help us remember the recommittment we made to each other. Thank you Dave and Michelle.

Profile Picture Vicki, 4/10/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Dave and his assistant took the most amazing photos at our wedding. He kept me smiling for 7 hours(which is hard to do when you don't like having your photo taken). I would highly recommend using him for any event you have planned.

Profile Picture Guy, 11/5/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

We are absolute fans of Dave and Michelle Miyamoto!!! They are the most friendly, efficient, warm and talented husband/wife team. I was planning our destination from Los Angeles, and Michelle made the entire process painless. She responded to my emails immediately, and everything was done in the most professional fashion. Did I mention how much we LOVED our photos and slide show? The wedding photos were delivered to us 2 days after the wedding, and we received the wedding slide show a week after we arrived home (and that's because this picky bride wanted to sort through the 1000 photos Dave took of our wedding, otherwise, we would have gotten it faster). In all, we would highly recommend Dave & Michelle Miyamoto, you will not regret it!!

Profile Picture Lora, 6/21/11, 5 Reviews