Dave, Joe and James Dionne DJs Reviews

78 Reviews for Dave, Joe and James Dionne DJs

78 Dave, Joe and James Dionne DJs Reviews
  • Jessica

Jessica Smith · Married on 10/13/2018

Seamless and So Much Fun!

Dionne Entertainment is amazing! Marcel was our DJ, and he was easy to make plans with. The system to choose music was comprehensive and very handy. We had so much control over what was played and what was not. Marcel made sure the atmosphere was fun and festive for everyone. We loved having him as our DJ!

• Kira

Kira · Married on 09/23/2018

Fabulous DJ!! Point Lookout Wedding

Dave was wonderful! He ensured all of our songs that were important played without a hitch (even with some special Russian music requests :) ). He was responsive, easy to work with, professional, and fun! He made sure the day was about us, and no corny jokes/ promoting like I have seen at other weddings. He made our perfect day smooth and we would absolutely recommend him to anyone!

Donald · Married on 09/08/2018

Marcel Leclair was amazing and he went above and beyond. He delivered everything he said he would and so much more. I highly recommend him for all your DJ needs.

Krystal · Married on 08/25/2018

We were fortunate to have Joe as the DJ for our ceremony and wedding reception. We was a pleasure to work with! He kept the dance floor packed all night! We could not have asked for a better DJ for our wedding!

Lauren · Married on 08/04/2018

Dave Dionne was a great DJ! Our guests absolutely loved the music and we did too! He was great when it came to announcing events and even the score of the Red Sox vs. Yankees game! Would highly recommend Dave!

Stephen · Married on 06/09/2018

Marcel was fantastic!
    Not just a DJ, but a complete master of the entire ceremony, a scheduler and organizer. The bride and groom had just complete confidence, nothing to worry about from the start of the wedding ceremony to the last dance. He was so organized ahead of time, and integrated music that related to different segments of the guests. He orchestrated the order of service, the timing of the entry, the toasts, announcements, the outdoor readings, and a surprise piano performance by the bride. Mixed the music to get Jess’ 84-year-old grandparents and her college friends dancing. Great, high energy to the night. Background music during cocktails and reception that set a theme, but didn’t overwhelm conversation. He also held to a veto list that the bride wanted to avoid (sorry, no line dances & no ABBA). Great experience. So glad we worked with Marcel.

• Amy

Amy · Married on 04/28/2018

They kept the party and fun going. The music selection was awesome and our guests had the best time!

Meredith · Married on 11/11/2017

Dave was incredible - our dance floor was literally packed the entire night! He was amazing and we loved him!

Alex · Married on 10/14/2017

Joe was very easy to work with and was very professional. He did an amazing job keeping people on the dance floor the entire night He was able to feel out the crowd and their likes very quickly. He kept to the timeline and helped other vendors do the same. He was very up beat. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

• W

Wes · Married on 10/07/2017

We were beyond pleased with Marcel's services at our wedding. He kept everything moving smoothly without rushing anything, he kept us updated on what was going on without being intrusive, he played exactly the kind of music we were looking for, and he kept the energy, dancing, and all around good vibes going all night. Everyone there had a fabulous time, a lot of people said it was the best wedding they've ever gone to - and Marcel was a big part of making that happen.

A friend of mine recommended Marcel, so I was sure he would do a good job - but he vastly exceeded my expectations. Basically, he was phenomenal. I would recommend Marcel without hesitation.

• Laura

Laura · Married on 08/26/2017

My husband and I planned our wedding in Phippsburg, ME from our home south of Boston, MA. We were a little worried because we had never met Dave in person before the big day. We had nothing to worry about! Dave was on point - he was professional, extremely responsive and very easy to work with. Dave made me feel like he had everything under control (which he definitely did!), and instilled confidence in me during the final days of planning. Everyone had a blast on the dance floor and Dave was awesome. I would definitely recommend his team!!!

Breana · Married on 07/29/2017

We hired Dave for our wedding in July at Sunday River in Newry Maine. He was wonderful! We got a lot of great compliments on the music selection. Dave was very flexible as our party wanted to keep going an hour after we originally planned to end our reception. He always responded to emails and was very kind! He did our ceremony music, cocktail hour and the whole reception. Would highly recommend.

Dave, Joe and James Dionne DJs 1
    Dave, Joe and James Dionne DJs 2

Ann · Married on 06/24/2017

We worked with Marcel for our wedding, and he did a stellar job. Our venue required him to set up in four separate areas for the ceremony, dinner, dancing, and cocktail hour, and everything was seamless. Including live musicians and our officiant in an outdoor ceremony setting, not easy to make sound good and he did great!! His announcing was excellent, and music choice perfectly combined our requested moods and artists with complementary music that he chose. Everyone was dancing at the reception, and there was an excellent variety of music. He took requests from our guests, and checked in with my husband and I frequently throughout the night to make sure we were aware of the flow and pacing he was facilitating. We would recommend him in a heartbeat! Thank you Marcel!!

Pat · Married on 06/24/2017

My wife already wrote a review for Marcel, but I felt that he did such a great job he needed 2 reviews!

Marcel and his son did an outstanding job working with us through out the evening. Marcel checked in when needed, kept everything moving from ceremony through dinner to the reception, and nailed the music. The music selection was a great combination of requests from guests and Marcel's own carefully curated playlists. We had originally requested different hours than what we actually needed(miscommunication on our part), and Marcel checked in with us several times during the reception and allowed us to extend his time with us right then and there since everyone was enjoying themselves so much. I highly recommend using him.

Anna · Married on 05/20/2017

Dave did a great job getting people of all ages onto the dance floor and keeping people dancing. He was professional and kept all the planned events on track (first dance, parent dance, cake cutting). He also mixed in a few slow songs during the night which was a nice surprise.

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/26/2016

Dave was one of the main reasons our wedding was such a success! We put "DJ Choice" for about every song, and it was the best decision we could have made! He had every guest dancing, up until the last song. The selection was superb, and he was such a professional. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ.

Erin · Married on 10/08/2016

Joe kept the party going at our October 2016 Hardy Farm wedding. We had such a blast dancing on our wedding night, thanks to Joe. I mostly communicated with Dave leading up to the event and he was always very helpful and responsive. Joe and I checked in closer to the wedding day. He was very flexible, paid attention to details and was able to accommodate requests throughout the night. Thanks Joe!

Morgan · Married on 09/10/2016

Unbelievable DJ! Dave is so top notch. He was extremely professional and organized - and kept our wedding guests dancing all night! His experience kept the night flowing so smoothly. I couldn't recommend his services enough. We were very lucky to have Dave as our DJ! Thanks Dave!

Nicole · Married on 09/03/2016

Dave was fantastic!! He knew what to play, and when to play it! He incorporated some of the songs that we had requested and everything was extremely smooth.. he was very friendly and professional. He sure did get the party started! We recommend Dave and his company to anyone looking to have a good time!

Teresa · Married on 08/06/2016

We used DJ Paul for our wedding. Paul was amazing. We had numerous emails back and forth and he was always very responsive and accommodating to our needs. He met with us before the wedding to go over everything, and was in touch days before the wedding. During our ceremony and reception, he was very professional and fun! He played the music we asked him to play, and did not play things on our "do not play list". We were also running behind a bit during our reception, so he helped us rearrange some things to keep the party flowing. We were sad the party had to end!

Jamie · Married on 08/06/2016

When we were deciding on our wedding date, there were two factors we were taking into consideration - is our venue available, and is Joe Dionne available to DJ! He was the DJ at our close friend's wedding, and we just loved how he was fun (without being too "look-at-me"), organized, accommodating, etc. - he knew how to read the crowd, and he is absolutely a professional. When it came to wedding DJs, we knew we wanted someone who knew what they were doing, but also would be willing to use our input for music requests, etc. as guidance. Joe was that perfect combination.

Elise · Married on 07/30/2016

My husband and I LOVED working with Dave Dionne for our wedding last week. He covered all the bases, was on time for the wedding, and even brought sound equipment for some of our friends who did some music for the ceremony. He was not an overbearing presence but stepped in when he was needed. I was very happy with our decsision to chose DJ Dave!

Sarah · Married on 07/02/2016

Dave was flexible in his availability and we actually hired him for a total of 10.5 hours for our ceremony and reception. He was great to interact with and made sure that all of our planning went smoothly and accommodated to all of our requests. In no small part he helped make our wedding into a great event.
    One quality that ranked high in importance for me was the DJ's voice. I wanted a DJ with good voice inflection and tone and Dave delivered on this front with his many years as a radio show host. Would definitely give him an A+ all around and would recommend him to anyone who is looking for a fantastic DJ for their wedding!

Chelsea · Married on 10/23/2015

We had James last night as our DJ for our wedding reception, and he was honestly so fantastic. I wasn't nervous at all about the music, as I had provided some requests between my now husband and I, and he was able to work those songs in as well as his own jams. We had a restriction that we couldn't play loud music until 9pm as the restaurant downstairs wasn't yet closed, and he worked with it. It sounds so cliche, but he was just great. He kept me informed as to what was coming next and when it was coming, he maintained a smooth flow and transitions, and it was almost like he was a guest rather than strictly our DJ. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat. In addition to just him as a DJ, I was in communication many times with Dave to organize everything, and it was such a breeze. I live about an hour and some change away from their location, and I did everything through emails and phone calls, and it was probably the least stressful part of our wedding planning.