Dark Garden Reviews

7 | San Francisco, CA

7 Reviews for Dark Garden

7 Dark Garden Reviews

TRACE · Married on 10/29/2016

They created my unique vision for my wedding gown (a dark purple dupioni silk) with mastery, down to the Swarovski crystals and skull brooch. Autumn is a gem, a brilliant little designer gem.

Dark Garden 1

Tracy · Married on 06/04/2016

I had absolutely no idea what I wanted my Bridal Ensemble to look like. Autumn and the team at Dark Garden sketched/revised and had the most amazing, avant-garde ideas/options. The fittings were one of my most favorite things about my Wedding preparation- The Boutique is gorgeous and lush, and ambience is so inviting I immediately felt at home. They kept me on track with my timeline, delivered my ensemble to me at the venue, and assisted me with dressing. I ended up with more than couture garments.....I received an exquisite piece of masterful artwork.

Liz · Married on 08/08/2015

Not only did I come away from Dark Garden with an amazingly beautiful custom wedding dress, the entire process was my favorite part of the wedding planning.

Dorian · Married on 06/11/2011

I knew I wanted a unique wedding dress, but didn't know exactly what I was looking for. I came across Dark Garden on the Offbeat Bride Tribe and looked through their photo gallery of other wedding ensembles they had made. I found something inspiring there and decided that I wanted a dress similar to it.

I first visited Dark Garden about 9 months before our wedding to discuss what I wanted. I brought pictures and talked about what I wanted and they sketched something for me which looked perfect. I returned to Dark Garden about 6 months before the wedding to get measurements taken. The ensemble (a corset with a separate skirt) was made to fit me. I returned for a mock-up fitting and another time for placement of the vine-like trim on the dress. When I went to pick the dress up, I had lost some weight and the trim needed to be altered slightly for the top and bottom to match. Kali was able to make the changes overnight.

The staff at Dark Garden is amazing. Autumn and Kali were so helpful and supportive throughout the entire process. They had wonderful suggestions and I trusted them to bring my idea to life in the best way possible. Their work exceeded my expectations. I couldn't be more pleased with my ensemble. I was not accustomed to wearing a corset, but it was so comfortable, I could have worn it even longer!

This was the first time I have had any clothing custom-made for me and I was also surprised at how reasonable it was for a wedding dress. I tried on some other dresses to get an idea of what I liked and my Dark Garden corset + skirt was less expensive than most of the dresses I tried on.

I highly recommend Dark Garden for ANY custom corset needs (although they do have ready to wear ones as well), but especially for a unique wedding outfit.

Elisabeth · Married on 08/19/2017

Not wanting something off the rack, I went to Dark Garden for my couture bridal ensemble. I never had anybody design anything for me and I really didn't know what I was doing. Not to worry, Marianne was great at making sense of my thoughts, turning them into concepts I could visualize, and finally a one-of-a-kind work of art. Her craftsmanship and attention to detail was meticulous. The end result went far beyond my expectations! Time and money well spent!

Stephanie · Married on 01/16/2016

Dark Garden created a corset with a low back to stealth under my wedding dress and a gorgeous custom veil. I felt so beautiful and special because of their work.

Jenny · Married on 05/23/2009

Dark Gardens does very beautiful work. They semi-customized my wedding dress top and made it a perfect match in fabric and color to a skirt I had found. We met early on to discuss what I wanted, and they really helped me choose a beautiful design. They do not upsell at all, in fact what they recommended ended up more affordable than I had initially wanted. They helped me design something unique and within my budget and timeframe. This is custom work! So it's not cheap at all. BUT, it is a way better deal than a designer off-the-rack dress. It's a special day. Have something made specially! They have a wide range of styles, way more than other corsetieres (is that word?), mostly Victorian-style, and a very wide range of gorgeous fabrics. It will be hard to resist buying something extra, especially for the post-wedding festivities...