Danielle Gillett Photography Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

• Allison

Allison · Married on 04/13/2019

Awesome time working with Danielle

We were lucky to work with Danielle over 2 days for our wedding weekend where she captured both our western and Indian wedding ceremonies at Nestldown and Fairmont San Jose. Danielle knows Nestldown intimately well and our pictures reflect that. She knew where to find the best lighting, the best angles, and the best poses. We could not be happier!

On the following day at the Fairmont Hotel in downtown San Jose, Danielle captured the Baraat, and the ceremony, and kindly stayed some extra time to get large family portraits of our families.

Danielle made us feel comfortable from our first interaction over the phone and was also very responsive via email in the weeks leading up with the big weekend. She gets the pictures you want and the ones you didn't know you wanted! And of course, the pictures turned out stunning. We love them so much we still look at them almost daily after 2 months...

Danielle captured our special weekend with timeless photos and we couldn't be more pleased!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 01/12/2019

Knows her Outdoor Weddings

Danielle is so talented and kind. My fiancé and I really enjoyed working with her on both our engagement and wedding photos. She has a real talent for capturing nature and landscapes in tandem with portraits. One thing we really love about Danielle is her amazing use of light. Even though we had a winter wedding, the photos are bright, airy, and warm. With the trend of dark and moody in Central Oregon, it was refreshing to have our photos be so striking and light. Danielle made us feel so comfortable on both our engagement shoot and wedding day and we are so in love with all our photos.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Everyone says choosing a wedding photographer is one of the most important pieces of planning your wedding. It was really easy for me after seeing Danielle's work and after meeting with her that she would be my first choice. She is very easy going, professional, and does not pressure you into anything.

We got married in San Rafael and Danielle came with her assistant, Brianna, who was also fantastic. They showed up right on time, calm and ready to get to work. This was another thing that I loved about Danielle was that she was so calm and relaxed and fun to be around. You don't realize how much time you spend with your photographer on your wedding day so it's important you like being around them. Again, even at our wedding venue (which she had not photographed at before), Danielle found some really cool places to shoot at. We got married in a courtyard type of setting, but we have wedding pictures from around the property that make it look like we were in a forest, at an old house, near palm trees. It's amazing how she was able to make all of the property at our venue look so beautiful, not to mention us! Some of the other things I was pleasantly surprised with was how many pictures she got of our guests at the reception.

Sent on 02/09/2016

Gina · Married on 10/19/2014

Danielle is a true gem! She is extremely artistic with light and nature. Book well in advance. We were very lucky that Danielle was available for our Sunday wedding. If you have a photo site in mind, be sure to discuss it in advance to make sure light, etc. is in your favor. If you have poses in mind, don't forget to bring them up. In all the craziness of our big day, I forgot a handful of poses I wanted. We weren't too concerned about the portraits, but if you want them all very formal (hands on hips, hands clasped in front/back, straight down), be sure to ask Danielle or her assistant to direct people.

Sent on 12/27/2014

Alicia · Married on 10/11/2014

DANIELLE IS THE BEST!

Her talent is just unbelievable! My husband and I were just married at Nestldown and she did our wedding and engagement photos. We are very very happy with our photos. They are beautiful and unique. We were specifically looking for work that would highlight nature and play with special lighting and keep us looking natural yet romantic. Danielle is very very good at doing all these things. My profile picture is from her, hehe.

She's also very prompt. I've heard complaints from other brides that their photographers take months and months, Danielle certainly does not take too long. She's also flexible and down to earth, but she can also get things going! Of course, we were running behind at the wedding and she was very good about making sure she didn't add to our delayed schedule.

The only small comment I have is that she does not deliver digital files until after the wedding, so I did not have digital files of my engagement session for my wedding website and invitations. Danielle provides the option to buy one digital file at a time, but it's quite expensive... I would have been happy to even use a branded version of the photos to give her credit. I think the policy should be reconsidered, but it certainly isn't a deal breaker! Just wanted to make sure other brides are aware as it can change your planning for budgeting and design of website and invitations.

She is very well priced considering the high caliber of her work. I used the Nestldown vendor list to find her, and I was really excited that my favorite photographer, Danielle, was NOT the most expensive at all. Made our decision a no brainer.

We will definitely be calling her again when we get pregnant and have our babies =D

Sent on 11/11/2014

Danielle is a dear friend and dedicated photographer. I have had the privilege of working with her for the past four years and knew right away that I wanted her there to photograph our special day. I had no doubt she was going to do an amazing job and of course she did! It was great to have her by my side. She makes things run smoothly, even when you are running behind schedule (as most weddings do)! She was the perfect photographer for my wedding and of course I highly recommend her!

Sent on 04/25/2014
  • jkrod710

Kelly · Married on 07/10/2010

Danielle is such a sweet lady who is an amazing photographer!!! Her photos speak volumes! She just sent us our album and the photos look incredible! Definitely worth the money!! At the beginning, I was hesitant because photography is so expensive. However, like many brides said, photos will be the only thing you have after the wedding. I am soooo glad we went with the best and did not skimp on the photography!! Plus as an added bonus, Danielle is super fast at sending the photos!! I hear girls waiting month before receiving even one photo. We were married on July 10 and Danielle already sent us some pictures on July 23!!! She said that she would be sending all of them to us next week! That is incredible turnaround time!! Danielle has an amazing talent, and I would recommend her to all brides.

Sent on 07/26/2010
  • Alicia

Alicia · Married on 04/03/2010

Danielle and her assistant were the consummate professionals at our wedding. They were everywhere, yet somehow we never saw them! They really did attend to every detail and made worrying about the photography nonexistent. We didn't meet Danielle until the day of the wedding, because we live in Florida and planned our wedding long distance. The moment I met her, I felt completely comfortable, as if I had known her a long time. She made me feel completely at ease, and I felt confident that she was getting every shot I wanted, even though I never actually gave her a list of shots that I wanted! I cannot say enough good things about Danielle, and my husband and I would, without reservation, recommend her to anyone looking for a fabulous photographer in the Santa Cruz area.

Sent on 04/06/2010

Tanya · Married on 10/05/2008

Danielle is the perfect combination of professional and friendly. Case in point: despite an accident prior to our shoot, Danielle pulled through splendidly, without complaint, and without sacrificing the quality of her work. She also made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera lens; she talked to us and made us laugh, erasing our initial nervousness to be the subjects of the photoshoot. Our photos turned out to be brilliant...very natural, but at the same time, artistic. She captured the various emotions we felt during our wedding day, from love and happiness, to surprise and tears. When we look at our photos now, we're awash with the same intense feeling of happiness that we felt during our wedding day. That's just how awesome Danielle is.

Sent on 11/03/2008

Leah · Married on 08/30/2008

Danielle was amazing. Her photos came out so beautiful and different. They are not your typical wedding photos. She has an amazing eye and catches all of those intimate moments perfectly. We wanted a mixture of the wedding portraits with all the family and we wanted some artistic shots. Danielle is the perfect mixture of both. And she's fast at getting the photos uploaded. Within 3 weeks my photos were up on her website and guests were able to look and order their own prints. We are so happy that we went with Danielle and STRONGLY recommend her to any couples getting married in the Santa Cruz county area and beyond (she travels even to Thailand).

Sent on 09/23/2008

Kelley · Married on 08/09/2008

Danielle is a very motivated, energetic and inspiring photographer. She made us feel right at home and at ease during our engagement photo shoot, and encouraged us to have a lot of fun! We knew that she would be very responsive and professional at our wedding, while allowing us to be completely relaxed and confident that she would catch some wonderful moments. Her photographs are beautiful, and we have many favorites to include in our wedding album, as well as some for gifts to our family and wedding party. She went above and beyond with her quality of service. We have yet to order our wedding album, but feel confident that it will be what we are hoping for.

Sent on 10/15/2008

Victoria · Married on 08/03/2008

I could not have asked for a better wedding photographer. Not only was Danielle fast and efficient, but she was so easy to have around. Our pictures are truly incredible and really capture our wedding day in a way that I never even dreamed of. I would recommend Danielle to anyone and everyone. Our pictures and album are better than I could have ever hoped for. Danielle was soo great to work with from our very first meeting to picking out the pictures for our album. And as a total bonus: she had our pictures on-line to view in less than 2 weeks!

Kelly · Married on 06/07/2008

Danielle was the first and only photographer that I met with while planning my wedding, when you meet the write photographer you just know it! From the first time that we met to seeing the final product that Danielle produced I could not have been happier with her work! The photographs that Danielle took were absolutely breath taking. Danielle knew exactly what she was doing from start to finish! From the engagements photos to the guest book, to the wedding album and the parents albums everything was flawless! I never had any trouble getting a hold of Danielle, she was very reliabale and she always followed through. The memories and pictures of my wedding is what I will have for forever and Danielle did an amazing job capturing every moment of our wedding! Thank you for doing an absolutely amazing job with the photography Danielle. I can't wait to work with you again!

• I

Christine · Married on 05/25/2008

Danielle is an amazing professional photographer with so much talent. She is one of the best in this area for photojournalist style photography. Everyone loved our photographs and I can't wait to get our album which I sure is going to be amazingly beautiful!

Maureen · Married on 06/20/2008

Danielle does absolutely gorgeous work, and has a knack for getting great shots of people who I know from experience are hard to photograph. She has a real eye for lighting, and got some stunning shots of my husband and I standing out on the rocks over the ocean with a sunburst between our heads, and another with us in the cypress trees and the setting sun in the background. Her photos of my nieces and nephew were just adorable--they are now framed on my desk. I also really appreciated the fact that she was both very professional and relaxed--she made everyone feel very comfortable and it really shows in the photos, which are beautiful.

Sent on 10/21/2008

Justine · Married on 06/14/2008

I am so thankful to have Danielle as my wedding photographer. The pictures of my engagement and wedding were amazing and I will always treasure them. Danielle has a great personality, she is comfortable to work with, and has great ideas for creative pictures. I have received so many compliments from family and friends who have viewed the photos. I wouldn't change a thing and would highly recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 10/17/2008

Danielle · Married on 04/30/2011

I really enjoyed working with Danielle. She took amazing pictures and really captured our day. She even came sick to our wedding even though where she needed to be was the hospital! I really appreciate her for her work and her vision.

Sent on 07/20/2011

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2008

Danielle was a joy to work with. Her ideas and work is so innovative, and she is so sweet. We really appreciated having her on our day.

Sent on 10/15/2008