Daniel Schechner Photography Reviews

24 Reviews for Daniel Schechner Photography

• Christine

Christine Gall · Getting married on 04/05/2021

Wonderful Photographer and Experience

This is the second time we've worked with Daniel and we look forward to working with him again on our wedding day. If his professionalism and expertise are any indication of the quality he'll bring to our day, then the one thing we won't have to worry about at all are the moments he'll capture. He is a wonderful photographer who simultaneously makes you feel at ease while snapping beautiful images.

Sent on 10/19/2019

DeAnna · Married on 10/26/2019

Fantastic experience!

We are so grateful to have had Daniel as our wedding photographer! He is incredibly kind, talented, and professional, and the care and energy he puts into his work shines through beautifully in his photos! We are so happy with the finished product, and couldn't have asked for a better experience! He met with us before our wedding to discuss details, and was such a pro the day of. We also really appreciated his calm, caring demeanor and flexibility! If you want a seamless, awesome experience with a truly wonderful photographer, Daniel is your dude!!

Sent on 02/03/2020
  • Stephanie

Stephanie Clarke · Married on 10/13/2019

Skinner Barn wedding

Daniel was awesome! He was easy to work with and accommodated all of our requests. He was very professional and knocked out the large photo list we gave him quickly. He also captured so many amazing candid moments. He was extremely helpful, and we didn’t have to worry about anything. We received the photos within 2 months and they are all gorgeous. Thank you for helping us capture our big day Daniel!
    Steph

Daniel was so easy to work with, and provided us with such great shots of our special day. We got all the shots we wanted, and he was so prompt with delivery. The preview photos he provided the very next day were so good, and the rest of the photos that followed are so great. These memories Daniel helped capture of my wife and I, our family, our friends, make us so happy. He did such a great job. I'd highly recommend Daniel to anyone looking for a wedding photographer in the VT area.
    Ian

Sent on 01/31/2020
  • McKenna

McKenna Lee · Married on 10/12/2019

Fantastic!

Daniel was everything we were looking for. Friendly, accommodating, affordable and utterly talented! We are so pleased with our wedding day pictures and would recommend his services to anyone who needs a photographer. His second shooter, Lillian, was also a joy. If you're in the central VT area, don't hesitate to reach out to him and see if he's available for your date!!

Sent on 12/27/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Russell · Married on 10/05/2019

Silhouette Hill wedding

Daniel was a perfect addition to the wedding! He captured all the right moments, and was so easy to work with. He was exactly what you want in a photographer — able to blend in while still being in the center of it all. If you’re looking for a photographer to capture the essence of your wedding, hire Daniel!

Sent on 11/24/2019

Stacey · Married on 09/28/2019

Wonderful and Candid

Daniel was amazing! His work is so warm and real, it makes me and my loved ones relive the the big day all over again!

The colours are so visually beautiful. Simple, elegant, and high quality photos.

He took so many pictures, candid and posed. He had a very extensive questionnaire to help him and us figure out everything we wanted to capture and what kind of atmosphere it was going to be.

It took around a little less than 2 months to get our photos back which is normal.

He came dressed accordingly and was very sweet the whole day.

I didn't notice any cosmetic touch ups on my photos, so that could be a pro or con to different people. But having them not 'altered' makes it look and feel so much more organic. And I can fix a few blemishes on my own, lol.

I am very glad I chose Daniel, and I would choose him again!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Kathleen

Kathleen · Married on 09/14/2019

Gorgeous pictures!

Daniel is an amazing photographer whose relaxed and low key personality was a wonderful fit with our wedding. He was timely and the pictures were gorgeous!!! He met us exactly where we needed him to with our comfort with being in the spotlight and he captured some amazing photos and moments. We cannot thank him enough!!!!

Sent on 03/02/2020
  • W

Whitney Parsons · Married on 09/07/2019

A gifted artist and absolute pleasure to work with!

Daniel was exactly who we were looking for for our engagement and wedding photos. We wanted someone to capture the action rather than stage it, and that is exactly what he did. He captured the joy and relaxed(ish?) energy of the day even while it was rainy and gray outside. I often don't love the way I look in pictures, but dang he made us look good! He was professional, flexible, and fun to work with, too.

Sent on 12/08/2019
  • David

David O · Married on 08/17/2019

Top Notch Photographer

Daniel is an incredibly talented photographer and was a genuine pleasure to work with. My wife and I are so happy with our wedding photos and would recommend Daniel in a heartbeat. His creativity and ability to improvise really shined when a rainstorm forced us to scramble and find an indoor location to take some family portraits. Somehow in a narrow, cramped hallway of the inn, Daniel was able to create some really stunning images. They are among my favorites of the entire wedding day. Daniel did a great job of regularly checking in with us to make sure that he was getting all the shots that we wanted, while also fading into the background to capture some great fly-on-the-wall candid moments. He has a great eye. From start to finish, communication with Daniel was very easy. He was always quick to respond to a question, and his friendly and laid back personality was most welcome on a busy, chaotic day. The photos look great and we were pleasantly surprised when he delivered the final images to us about a month after our wedding, MUCH faster than expected. We can't recommend him highly enough.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Kelly K · Married on 08/03/2019

Highly recommend Daniel!!

Daniel is an extremely talented photographer. He is also very professional and made everyone feel at ease during the most intimate moments. He holds a rare combination of technical, artistic, professional, and hospitality skills, making everyone feel comfortable while creating incredibly memorable work.

Daniel was amazingly stealthy during the ceremony and we did not notice him at all, however he got extraordinary shots of exactly what we wanted.

We were drawn to Daniel's work because of his raw and true lifestyle portfolio, hoping he would capture our wedding frankly and honestly and he delivered exactly that, at a great value and with sincere professionalism. We highly recommend Daniel's work!

Sent on 09/21/2019

Kelly,
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much. It was truly my pleasure to photograph you and Tim's wedding. Thank you for including me and I wish you both the best!
  • Christie

Christie and Phil · Married on 08/02/2019

True Artistic Talent!

We feel so lucky that Daniel was available to capture such a meaningful moment in our lives. He was open and engaging from start to finish and met our level of excitement from the moment he arrived:) Not only is he approachable and down to earth, but his work absolutely speaks for itself. What we loved most about his portfolio was his ability to tell a story...we wanted to capture the occasion with an artistic statement and he 100% delivered. Can’t wait to work with him again in the future!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Lexi

Lexi Morrissey · Married on 07/06/2019

Captured our day perfectly!

Daniel was so flexible and captured our day perfectly! He worked with our budget and made our special day incredible!
    I will be recommending Daniel to ALL of my friends!

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Borducci · Married on 06/08/2019

Great experience

Daniel's images captured exactly what we were looking for. They were a perfect blend of candid moments, combined with great group shots. His perspective and artistic eye added a unique touch that we really liked.

Sent on 10/02/2019

Lisa,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I had a great time working with you and Mike. I hope you both have a wonderful life in your new home! All the best.
  • Sara

Sara Moffett Hyland · Married on 06/01/2019

Professional, down-to-earth, talented artist

We are so thrilled that we hired Daniel to be our wedding photographer! From the intro phone call through the delivery of our photos (earlier than expected), Daniel exceeded our expectations and was such a pleasure to work with. He was friendly and responsive throughout all of our communications leading up to our wedding, and helpful and flexible on the day of. He even sent us a small selection of photos the day after so we could get a sneak peak, which was the best! When we got to see the full set of our photos, we were completely blown away by all the beautiful moments he captured. I can't recommend more highly- you need to hire Daniel for your wedding!

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Erika

Erika Swiger · Married on 10/12/2018

Beautiful photos and great experience

Taking engagement photos can be super weird but Daniel made it a fun and comfortable experience. We had a great time at the shoot and Daniel had a quick turn around with the photos (which were gorgeous). 10 out of 10 recommend.

Sent on 11/29/2018

Daniel Schechner Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Erika. I had a wonderful time shooting with you two. Hope to cross paths again in the future!

maryada · Married on 09/03/2018

Absolutely Perfect

We just got our video back from Daniel and WOW. I've watched it on repeat. He did the PERFECT job of summarizing our day with captivating shots, special moments and wonderful music. I know that my husband and I will watch this for years and years to come. I was blown away by his artistic approach and thoughtful composition.

If you're on the fence about a videographer (I was too) - DON'T BE. You will not regret it. Daniel was a wonderful human to have around on our big day, as he was calm and blended right in to the festivities.

Sent on 11/21/2018

Daniel Schechner Photography's reply:

Wow! I really appreciate this, MaryAda! Thank you so much. Shooting your wedding was truly a blast. Wishing you the best!

Jesse Morrill-Winter · Married on 09/03/2018

Awesome Wedding Video

Daniel is awesome! He worked with our budget and made an extra effort to discuss what we wanted out of our wedding video and what he could do to help capture our day. The result was incredible and we love it. Highly recommend Daniel for photography or videography. He's a fun guy to have at your wedding too!

Sent on 12/14/2018

Daniel Schechner Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Jesse! Shooting your wedding was truly a pleasure. Hope to work with you guys again in the near future! All the best to you and MaryAda.

Sarah · Married on 08/18/2018

Daniel is our hero

My husband and I found ourselves in a huge pinch just weeks before our wedding when our original photography plan fell through, and Daniel became the heroic solution! We connected with Daniel via a friend's recommendation, and from our first conversation we knew he was the perfect human to capture our day. He was incredibly responsive and really strove to meet us where we were at financially, which is huge for any young couple. He captured so many candid, emotion filled moments that it's been a challenge trying to determine which shots are our favorites. If you are looking for someone who is down-to-earth and takes the time to really hear your photographic vision then Daniel is your person. We can't recommend him more, and we expect you'll have nothing but praises if you work with him! :)

Sent on 11/18/2018

Daniel Schechner Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Sarah! So kind of you. You and Nathan’s wedding was an absolute favorite. Hope to work with you two again in the future!
  • Patrick

Patrick Mccormack · Married on 05/12/2018

Nothing but praise!

Daniel was our top choice, we couldn't imagine anyone else capturing our big day. I'm a professional photographer, I even do weddings, so selecting the right artist came down to many little details and personality was huge for us. Daniel was kind and considerate to our needs but more impressively the needs of our guests were of equal importance to him. He was able to juggle our huge wedding party and create a warm and candid collection of day's the best moments.

I think his work speaks for itself. He has range and is able to adjust on the fly depending on your taste. My wife and I had fun with the portrait session before the reception and he quickly picked up on our taste as we shot and found the right positions. Daniel legitimately cares about telling your story, a quality lacking in most event photographers trying to make fast cash. We felt taken care of from start to finish.

His collection was delivered within a reasonable timeframe with accurate expectations set in advance. All of our family adored the photos and felt well captured. We had a dozen or more guests praising our photographer for his friendly vibes and overall welcoming presence. When you invite a photographer into such an emotional and special event, they should feel like an extension of family, or an old friend. Daniel manages to insert himself into new crowds and make friends right away. It was an absolute pleasure working with him and we've already come back for holiday portraits–I suggest you stop your search and give Daniel a call.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Daniel Schechner Photography's reply:

Wow. I am blown away, Patrick. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together. You touched on so many points that I have been working towards and it’s truly a reward to know that my hard work and effort to provide the best possible experience is worthwhile. This is what keeps me going! Thank you so much.

Lauren M · Married on 01/26/2018

Great photographer!

Daniel photographed our wedding and did an incredible job. We couldn’t be happier with the end result. Not only did he agree to work with us last minute due to some big changes on our end, but he listened and delivered the product we were looking for. Great eye for detail and artistic shots. Highly recommend his work.

Sent on 12/20/2018

John Goodrich · Married on 09/16/2017

Highly recommended! Couldn’t be happier

We could not be happier with the services Daniel provided for our special day. From the intial contract signing to the end of the wedding night, Daniel was attentive, friendly, patient, and accomodating. We never felt rushed, forced, or uncomfortable in his presence. Daniel seemed to have a great way of blending in and presenting himself as more of an old friend than a hired vendor. We highly recommend his services, you will not be dissapointed. Thank you so much for the amazing photos!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Daniel Schechner Photography's reply:

Thank you, John! I had so much fun with you two. Such a welcoming and friendly couple! Hope to connect again in the future.

Noa Gal Bashari · Married on 01/05/2017

Amazing photographer

Daniel was the photographer at our wedding, from the moment he arrived and until he left he was professional, courteous and efficient. We are both camera shy but Daniel made us feel comfortable right from the beginning. Daniel’s pictures reflected us beautifully. his photographs are simply amazing and and we are so glad we chose him!!! Thank you Daniel for taking part in our special day!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Daniel Schechner Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Noa! I am blushing! I had so much fun working with you and Ben. Can’t wait to see you again!

Ryan Earley · Married on

Everything we wanted

I don't even know where to start, Daniel was just amazing. He is so friendly, and personable, and we really felt just so comfortable around him. He perfectly captured the candid beauty of our day, and when we look at our wedding pictures we feel like he really caught us, and who we are. I cannot say enough good things about Daniel and what an incredible job he did, I would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/10/2019
  • Kathryn

Kathryn Warrender-Hill · Married on 07/07/2018

Great Photographer With An Artist's Eye

We met Daniel when our original photographer had to back out. She introduced us to him and he very graciously, three months before the wedding, offered to do the job. We were very excited to work with Daniel because his portfolio had the style of photography we were looking for. We wanted a photographer with an artistic eye and who could take candid pictures that told a story of the day, as opposed to standard, posed photos. After we received the pictures, numerous family members and friends gushed over how much laughter and personality was captured, which is why we can't stop looking at them! He has a great eye. He also took a LOT of pictures and was very flexible with whatever we asked of him. We would definitely recommend him to others, especially if they're looking for a photographer with an artist's eye and flare.

Sent on 12/01/2018