Danette Pascarella Photography Reviews

Danette Pascarella Photography 3
Danette Pascarella Photography 4

Nick · Married on 11/30/2018

Super Talented

Danette is an incredibly talented photographer. While researching photographers for the wedding, we were immediately drawn to her uncanny ability to capture the right stuff, at the right time. We planned our wedding from far away, and chose to not do engagement photos, but wanted to meet Danette before the wedding. She drove an hour out of her way to have coffee and get to know us so we’d be comfortable in front of the camera on the big day. She didn’t even take a picture of us yet and already had scored serious brownie points! It poured on the day of the wedding, but we wanted to take pictures outside. Again, no problem for Danette. She listened to what we wanted, and made it happen. Our photos turned out exactly in the style she displays on her website and blog. Don’t take a chance with anyone else. The quality of her work is a sure thing. Thanks, Danette!!

Sent on 01/24/2019

Lindsey · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough about our experience with Danette. Both our engagement photo session and wedding day photography was absolutely incredible. She is a natural, makes you laugh and feel comfortable, and is very professional in how she runs business. She is prompt, attentive to detail, and worth every penny. My family was so impressed by her. We love Danette and hope to work with her again in the future!

Danette Pascarella Photography 5
    Sent on 10/02/2018

Kendra · Married on 08/25/2018

She didn't just take incredible photos, she was also a special, wonderful part of our wedding experience.

TL;DR. Why Danette is the perfect choice for your wedding photographer: 1) extremely talented; 2) highly polished professional; 3) absolutely delightful person. I feel so lucky she was part of our day and would recommend her to anyone.

Danette Pascarella is everything we hoped for in a wedding photographer and more. From our first phone call with her, we could tell she was a lovely person who is passionate about her work, and we loved her work, so we decided to take the leap. In the run-up to the wedding, Danette went above and beyond in corresponding with us and making time to get to know our personalities and our backstory.

But where she really shone was on the day of the wedding. As someone who doesn’t love having my photo taken, I’d been imagining that the photography part of the wedding would be something of a chore for me (the bride), a necessary evil. Instead, it was one of the most fun and joyful parts of the day. I loved having Danette there to photograph small, intimate moments like each of us getting ready and the “first look,” the moment when we first saw each other all dressed up. Danette even helped me with some dress zipper issues and created a lovely moment with me and my mom that might not have happened without her there.

Then it was time for the photos of us as a couple, and Danette made it so much fun and so effortless that it was one of the most relaxing parts of the day. I felt like I was just getting to roam around our venue joking and making out with my soon-to-be-husband and I barely noticed we were also getting our photos taken. We felt like Danette and her assistant were friends hanging out with us even as they snapped away. She made us smile, she made us laugh, and she seemed to really “get” us and be having as much fun as we were.

After that, we did the group formals and Danette and her assistant breezed through them efficiently and speedily. Following that was the ceremony and I never even saw her there. We connected briefly after the ceremony for some shots, but after that, I was enjoying the dinner and dance party and barely noticed her presence except when she very briefly pulled us out of the party for an outdoor night shot. I wondered whether she had gotten enough photos, since I’d seen so little of her.

So about a month and a half later, when she sent us the link to our complete photos, I was absolutely blown away. Not only had she gotten tons of beautiful photos at every stage of the day, but she’d captured so many wonderful moments that I didn’t even know had happened or had already forgotten about. The journalistic style of her photography is so vibrant and full of life—I had more than one person who wasn’t able to attend tell me that, after seeing the photos, they felt like they were actually there for the wedding. And when my now-husband and I look at the photos, they totally take us back to the emotions and experiences of the day. Danette captured our families and friends so lovingly and beautifully, and she caught so many incredible little moments. But if you want the more traditional stuff, she’s excellent at that, too—I couldn’t believe how great everyone looked in the family formals, where it’s so hard to get a big group of people in synch.

Everything Danette offers, she does in such a wonderful, classy way, like the gorgeous box of prints she sent us. Even the USB stick we got the final files on is a lovely keepsake.

I can’t recommend Danette highly enough. I have only had one wedding (and hope to keep it that way), but it’s hard for me to imagine any wedding photographer giving a couple a more wonderful experience than Danette gave us.

Sent on 10/28/2018

Phil · Married on 08/01/2018

We didn't hesitate for a second to reach out to Danette -- all the work of hers that we had seen made her the only choice for someone to capture our special day in her special way. Even with that, she exceeded our expectations. She's reliable, she's decisive, she's flexible, she's supportive, she's creative and (perhaps most importantly on a unavoidably stressful day) she's fun! We wholeheartedly recommend Danette for anyone aiming to capture the essence of their special moment. Book her early...

Sent on 08/28/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 06/23/2018

Danette photographed our wedding in Poughkeepsie, NY. From the get go, she was extremely professional and easy to work with. She responded quickly to our emails and never missed a beat. Danette listened to our requests and preferences on photographs and exceeded our expectations. We received our photographs about a month after the wedding and could not be more pleased. Here are some responses we’ve heard from friends and family after viewing the photographs:
    “Your wedding pictures are a smilefest!”
    “These are prob the best wedding photos I’ve seen. Not kidding. She did great.”
    “I'm looking through your wedding album and I can't wipe the huge smile from my face.
    What a great day - and what phenomenal pictures!”
    Hire Danette. It’s that simple. You WILL NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 07/24/2018

Nicole · Married on 06/03/2018

When you hire Danette you are not only hiring a photographer, but you are hiring someone who will be there for you during your entire wedding. Danette cares about your wedding day as much as you do. She is there for you throughout the entire planning process leading up to your special day. Danette arrived early the day of my wedding and was ready to begin shooting photos of sentimental belongings and my bridal party getting ready. Danette then searched for the perfect location for my first look and nailed it when it was time. My husband and I put our trust in Danette and she exceeded our expectation. She envisions the perfect place for a picture and hypes you to get that perfect shot. Danette and her assistant Meredith made a suggestion that if I felt comfortable walking along the bay on a wooden wall she would get some great shots. Of course we did it, heels and all. It didn't end there, at our reception Danette was right in the middle of the dance floor dancing with us. She didn't just do this because she was having fun, but because from that angle she was able to capture every moment on the dance floor. After the wedding, multiple members of the bridal party expressed how comfortable they felt around Danette and how awesome she was to spend the evening with. Danette offers way more than your average wedding photographer!

Sent on 06/08/2018

Sam · Married on 06/10/2017

I don't know where to begin! When we first met Danette we knew she would be the perfect person to capture those special unforgettable moments of our wedding day! But first up was our engagement pictures Danette was understanding that we were both shy about being photographed in a public setting and that my husband does NOT like his picture taken! She made both of us feel comfortable with the process, we couldn't believe how fast the time went. Time flies when your having fun!!? When we got the photos back I was so happy with them I cried! She captured such great natural moments! When we first met Danette she asked what an ideal photo of us would be? And I said "Us laughing and having fun" and that is 100% what she did!

Danette recently just shot our wedding and I can not wait to see all the pictures!! She has sent me some teasers!!! And teasers are what they are.. because they are so good and I can not wait to see them all!!! The emotion that Danette captures in her photographs takes you back to that exact moment in time and I am so happy that we will have these memories to share with our family and friends for a lifetime.

You need to have Danette behind her lens on those special memory making moments in your life. She truly loves what she does and gives 100% . Everyone at our wedding loved Danette and had nothing but great things to say! She was organized, calm and patient with our big family portraits and once the reception began we didn't even know Danette and her team was there! Danette is not only great at what she does but she is just as great of a person and we truly felt like she was part of the family :-) My husband actually likes taking pictures now! My apologies for the long review but I just can't say enough about Danette and her team they definitely made our wedding day extra special!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Jen · Married on 05/13/2017

We could not say enough about Danette and her team the day of our wedding (and our engagement shoot). Both days it rained and we were not worried at all about the rain ruining our pictures on our wedding day knowing how well Danette handled the rain on our engagement shoot day. She was professional and knowledgable about every event and at some points it was pretty chaotic. We cannot wait to see the photos!!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Stacey · Married on 10/16/2016

Danette was absolutely wonderful to work with. She was a pro from day one, paying particular attention to what we wanted to capture and she brought a unique vision and flair to all of our pictures. We are still getting compliments on our images, and we couldn't be happier with our photos, and the entire experience. She was, by far, the best photographer we could have had.

Sent on 01/26/2017

Jason · Married on 09/25/2016

We hired Danette for our wedding and engagement shoots and couldn't be happier! The photos came out great and Danette was an absolute pleasure to work with. So much praise to give, where to start...

1) She may be the most genuine vendor we hired throughout our entire wedding process. No other vendor seemed to really truly care about us and seem genuinely committed to making sure we had a great wedding beyond just making sure we had amazing photos.

2) Danette really puts you at ease. This was a huge plus for us as my wife is a huge introvert and gets uncomfortable fast when attention is placed on her. During our photo shoots there was no stress or rushing, just walking through the park with a friend that happens to take wonderful pictures of you. Professional enough to give you full confidence in her abilities and friendly enough to make sure you never feel intimidated or uncomfortable. Just a perfect balance.

3) The photos were amazing. Not much to add here, we've been getting tons of compliments from our friends and family though and we are super pleased with the quality. My wife is extremely nit picky having done a lot of photography herself so that's saying something.

4) Communication is always prompt and friendly. We were never left waiting and she was very flexible with accommodating whatever we wanted. She's very thorough and for our wedding day went over our entire schedule with us and made sure we were all on the same page so we had no surprises the day of.

All in all I can't recommend Danette enough!

Sent on 01/09/2017
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/31/2016

My fiancé and I have just booked Danette to photograph our wedding and engagement. Even though we haven't worked with her yet, we could not wait to leave her a review. I would never have found her through WeddingWire because she doesn't have a ton of reviews here, so I wanted to give her a bump. Please look at her work—that part really speaks for itself. You will understand when you see her blog that she is shooting in a style that is the perfect blend of photojournalism and artistry, with a very realistic approach to her editing. Beyond the quality of her images, my fiancé and I were extremely impressed by her professionalism over the phone. She has a lovely personality, and she never made us feel pressured to book her. She has also been extremely responsive to my emails, clearly and cheerfully explaining the answers to all of my nit-picky questions. I have probably sent her twenty emails and she has answered them all within an hour or so. Her service is not "cheap," but my fiancé and I have been searching for our photographer for months, and we've found in our exhaustive search that you really do get what you pay for. I think that she is offering an excellent value for her level of skill. She also includes 4x6 prints of every image in a custom photo box, which is a priceless addition. We cannot wait to work with her and see how our photos turn out!!!

Sent on 12/28/2015

Mariel · Married on 07/04/2016

I'm writing this review while waiting for all my wedding pictures, but this is more to say that Danette made sure my day ran smoothly. She is so calm and easygoing. She made me feel completely comfortable ,and I really loved having her and her team as a part of my special day. The two teaser photos she has shown us already are FANTASTIC. What a good eye! Can't wait to see the rest!

I'm updating this review now that we have gotten all the pictures back. THEY ARE UNBELIEVABLE. Her style is so unique, and the quality of all the pictures are great. Her responsiveness is also so professional and quick. Can't wait to hire her for future life events ;)

Sent on 07/08/2016

Gina · Married on 06/25/2016

If you're looking for a run of the mill photographer who will get you from point A to point B on your wedding day Danette's not your girl. If you're looking for a photographer that uses earlybird, nashville, or inkwell instagram filters look elsewhere. You choose Danette Pascarella Photography because she's not afraid to throw herself on the floor around your guest who are all on the dance floor jumping up and down to House of Pain's - Jump Around just so she can get a shot of your four year old nephew hanging upside down screaming with laughter. You choose Danette because you don't want safe and average, you want raw emotion, frozen in time!

Yes, Danette is everything great mentioned in the other reviews. She's responsive, she's nice, she works with all your requests, she'll modify your timeline until it's perfect, she'll answer an unnecessary amount of emails from brides who speak with wedding brain. She is Superior Service, but that is only a small part of what makes her so awesome.

Danette just photographed our wedding this weekend and I cannot not even come close to explaining how hard she worked with her second shooter and assistant… they were everywhere! Since we decided to save some money and not have a videographer at our wedding it was important to me that our photographs told our story. Even though I've only seen two teaser shots from our wedding she's far surpassed how happy I thought they would make me feel. And I have high expectations! I feel like I can relive the day through her images.

Danette and her team push the limits for creative wedding photography! Just take a look at her website. If you're able to look through her portfolio without feeling the raw emotion she captures at a wedding then you probably would be happy with that average wedding photographer. But if you see what my husband and I saw in her photographs you will never regret having Danette.

Sent on 06/28/2016

We hired Danette to photography our wedding. I cannot recommend her enough. She is great! She listens to what you want and does that and so much more. Danette has a great eye for finding unique shots. Her photos are so rich and vibrant. She captured all the great moments from our special day and looking at the photos is like reliving the day again! I cannot thank Danette enough!

Sent on 02/22/2015

Katie · Married on 02/01/2014

Danette was amazing to work with. She is a lot of fun and did an amazing job capturing the day. Her candid shots are especially beautiful and I think she does a wonderful job capturing people's personalities. My family and friends loved working with her too - she is really easy to be around. I've gotten a lot of compliments on the photos from friends, family members and colleagues. I would recommend her to anyone! She's terrific and very professional!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Lorie · Married on 12/29/2013

Danette Pascarella wowed us with her photo's from e-session through our wedding! Not only did she take awesome photos that we absolutely love...she was also very professional, friendly, timely and very responsive to our requests. Her turn around time for the sneak peak, blog post and finished product was as quick as lightening! She is dedicated and passionate about her work and it's obvious that she cares about her clients by the way she treated us and how she conducts business. We were thrilled with her work and with her second shooter who turned out to be an awesome photographer in his own right. We got the best of the best and highly recommend her for any and all events. Thank you Danette!!!!
    Shannon and Lorie, Married December 29, 2013

Sent on 02/13/2014

Danette provided so much creativity and excitement for our wedding, which, in turn, added to the excitement of our wedding day. She was also very open to ideas we had, and working around our requests and vision for our wedding. The value for the quality was exceptional; not only did Danette provide us 10 hours of creative and thoughtful camera time, she also brought in a second photographer to capture many different angles. Danette was also very responsive to our communications. We were also very impressed that Danette did pre-work by looking at our church and reception site ahead of our wedding day to get inspiration and ideas to make our pictures gorgeous and thoughtful. We are so happy with the quality, quantity, and beauty of our pictures. We would recommend Danette any day.

Sent on 07/28/2013

Laurie · Married on 06/16/2013

I’ve known Danette for years, and when I first saw her photos, I knew I wanted her to photograph my daughters wedding some day. I’m so glad I did, her photos were spectacular! It was a dark rainy day, and not only that, the church was covered in scaffolding. Somehow she worked around that and got some amazing shots. So many people that have seen my daughters wedding pics have told me they are some of the best they have ever seen. She is a delight to work with!

Danette Pascarella Photography 6
    Danette Pascarella Photography 7
    Danette Pascarella Photography 8
    Sent on 08/07/2018

Christina · Married on 04/20/2013

We could not have been happier with Danette as our wedding photographer. Not only are her pictures amazing, she is absolutely wonderful to work with. From meetings to our engagement session to the wedding day, they were all awesome experiences. Danette has great ideas and does not hesitate to try something new. We absolutely love our wedding photos, it is certainly going to be tough to choose which ones to display. If you are looking for a photographer, we definitely recommend Danette.

Sent on 06/28/2013

Danette provided superior service as our wedding photographer. Our pictures were fabulous, and she was so professional throughout the process, especially on our (hot!!) wedding day. We met and communicated with Danette to plan out all the details ahead of time which were executed flawlessly. She visited the site of our wedding prior to the event to ensure she was capturing all the venue had to offer. We will cherish our engagement and wedding photos forever, and would hire and recommend Danette for any event in the future.

Sent on 06/27/2013

Caitlin · Married on 06/23/2012

Danette is a great photographer. I am not one that likes having my picture taken and she was great at putting me at ease and making the day extra special. She is very flexible with the shoot and we actually got some of our best photos after the reception down by the water. I don't hesitate to recommend her to others. She is wonderful!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Genta · Married on 05/20/2012

Danette was awesome as our wedding photographer - she was accommodating to all of our requests, very easy to work with, always on time and prepared , very pleasant, full of energy and ideas – couldn’t ask for a better photographer to work with! She scouted the wedding site ahead of the wedding day making excellent use of the time, which on a wedding day is extremely important to keep track of. We were equally pleased with the engagement session as well! Would definitely work with her on future life events, and we feel that we have gained a great friend who also happened to be a wonderful photographer :)

Sent on 07/16/2013

Andrea · Married on 11/11/2011

Besides being an excellent photographer, Danette is an awesome person! After our first meeting, my husband and I knew we had found the perfect photographer to capture our special days! Since I didn't think a photographer was a "big deal" on the wedding priorities list, I did not contact Danette until August/September and she was still able to make it work for us (I now realize how lucky we were!!!!)! We were married on a Friday night and had our reception the next morning. Danette did not have a problem coming and shooting both days. On Friday, she took the detail shots of me getting ready, and bright and early Saturday morning, she was at the house to capture my husband's detail shots. I felt very comfortable having Danette with me through the whole experience.

When we received the CD of our pictures, the case was a beautiful surprise. For me, the best pictures she took, were the ones I didn't know she was taking! The little details, the placement of our rings, the laugh that was captured.

Danette completely exceeded our expectations!!

Sent on 07/03/2013

aimee · Married on 06/11/2011

Danette photographed our wedding and engagement shots. I am generally not really comfortable with being photographed and posing for shots, but Danette did a fantastic job of making us comfortable and was able to capture really great natural moments and expressions. She was extremely flexible to our needs and made the entire experience easy and stress free. Our photos turned out amazing and we could not have been happier with her work.

Sent on 07/08/2013