Dancing DJ Productions Reviews

573 | San Diego, CA

573 Reviews for Dancing DJ Productions

573 Dancing DJ Productions Reviews

Pippa · Getting married on 01/19/2019

The first thing that struck me about working with DJ Will was his responsiveness. If I had a question, concern, or needed anything he always responded promptly. His experience also shone through in how he was able to help us plan our schedule of events for our reception. We found building our playlist on his website to be incredibly easy. If there was a song we wanted that was not on the extensive list he has, getting it added was simple as well. He was very attentive to our wishes and was a pleasure to work with.
    As for the day of the event, the music selection was great; and his ability to both be flexible and to keep things on schedule kept the event running smoothly. We asked him to play more of a background roll during the reception, and he did; but at the same time he was able to keep things running smoothly.
    DJ Will was definitely the right choice for our wedding, and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding!

• Patricia

Patricia · Married on 11/10/2018

Excellent!!

DJ Will Chitwood did an excellent job. Our families & friends love to dance and he did an excellent job reading the audience and mixing up the music. He played a good balance of top wedding dance songs + our hip hop/rap requests + circa 2000s. He was also super easy to work with, fast responder (which makes a HUGE difference during wedding planning). He's played at my friends weddings and has done at excellent job then as well. Couldn't recommend him highly enough.

Jillian · Married on 11/04/2018

Great Time Great DJ!

DJ Dylan was great! He really read the room and was able to keep things flowing well. So many people told me the DJ was awesome. Thank you so much for everything!!

Hayley Williams · Married on 11/03/2018

Mitch was amazing!

I want to start off by saying Mitch was amazing, exactly what we hoped for! My biggest concern was that people were not going to dance, let me tell you.. I have never seen a more packed dance floor! He did such a good job! The portal that they have online for us to use is seriously so helpful! Planning a wedding I never realized how many songs you need to select music for, so that was really helpful! Also, I as able to pick songs that were must plays for us and he filled in the holes so perfectly! I wanted new upbeat song, with good throwback, and then something to get the older crowd dancing...he did exactly what we wanted! Seriously can't say enough great things about Mitch!

Chelsea Humkey · Married on 10/27/2018

Awesome DJ and overall Experience!

Dylan was a great DJ!! We spoke to him on the phone a couple times and had some special requests and he was great dealing with all of those!! During the reception some people asked if they could make requests and we said is that ok? Dylan said yes of course! Super flexible and great on the Mic!

Mrs. Suzy-Joy Gratland · Married on 10/23/2018

Class-Act DJ for Wedding Receptions! The best in San Diego County!

Will of Dancing DJ Productions was amazing to work with for our Wedding ceremony and reception. He made our day so fun, exciting and very special. His attention to detail, reading the crowd, timing of music, and delightful personality was more than we could have hoped for. We highly recommend Will for your wedding day musical needs. Thank you Will! You made our special day even more special! (Skip says "You rock!" Skip and Suzy-Joy Gratland

• Alex

Alex · Married on 10/20/2018

Mark was Amazing!

Mark is great! When I was searching around and looking at reviews for a DJ for my my Wedding, I was worried about either getting someone who was not fun (rude and snotty club DJ) or someone who was too uptight and not fun and engaging. Luckily I went with Mark at Dancing DJ productions because he was amazing. The owner at Dancing DJ Productions Will, was really responsive, detailed and professional from the first email. He set us up, went over any questions, and connected us with Mark to chat before we made any decisions. Mark made time right away to talk and we spent 20+ min going over how wedding DJ’s work (our first time) and all the details of our wedding. I was confident after our talk and finalized everything with Will. Once you pay your deposit you have access to a really cool and user friendly website to add wedding details/timeline and all of your music requests. The website is really cool because it has every option you can think of....we had a lot going on and it was nice to have it all organized and so detailed so we didn’t forget anything. The week before the wedding we received an email reminding us to finalize our profile on the website and then Mark messaged to schedule a phone call the week of, to go over all the details. Mark was very flexible with phone calls and texts through our entire time working together. During our phone call we walked through every detail from before the wedding started to the end of the reception. He was detailed and verbally confirmed all songs we had for key moments during ceremony. He made sure we were okay with him choosing the order and adding in additional songs, which we were happy with (he also said he could play strictly from our music lists but we let him choose his music mixed with ours). He sent me a couple last minute texts the day before to see if we had any questions or any changes. The day of the wedding he was set up and playing music early and before anyone arrived. He made sure to be ready early and to do mic checks before ceremony. All music was perfect for all ceremony songs and other special moments (family dances/garter etc.). The rest of the night he had everyone dancing and was super engaging and upbeat for all announcements and commentary....he even came out to the dance floor a couple times to get people in the mood. He was energetic and friendly the whole time and did an amazing job! If your looking for a fun and reliable DJ...hire Mark! Thanks for a great Wedding Mark!

• Kristine

Kristine · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing DJ - Highly Recommend!

Let me start of by saying that Will was absolutely awesome throughout the entire process. He always responded within a timely manner and really gave us comfort in our decision. My fiance and I have a pretty picky music style and he was so accommodating and really understood our style. He played the perfect assortment of music at our wedding and everyone was up and dancing the entire evening!

I highly recommend Will for your wedding or event!

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2018

10-18-2018 Sturgeon Wedding

I would recommend Will to everyone. He was very responsive and flexible with our military family. We were able to schedule any of our meetings or phone calls with ease.
    At our wedding I had no worries when it came to our DJ. We had a small wedding count of about 50 people and about 10 of them were children. It was a lot of fun dancing and watching our kids dance the night away!
    The one thing you could do right in your own wedding planning is have Will as your DJ. It takes any stress away!
    Thank you Will!

Nathan Long · Married on 10/13/2018

Great DJ Service!

DJ Dylan Rodin did a great job for us at our wedding. We couldn’t be happier!

Debra · Married on 10/13/2018

Simply the best DJ

They're so awesome, they even attended the final planning meeting with our wedding coordinator. They showed up on time, did a great job, and were flexible with cultural music and hard to pronounce names of the wedding party. You can't ask for a better DJ!

Mrs. Burkett · Married on 10/13/2018

Wedding @ El Camino Country Club- 10/13/18

I gotta start by saying I was nervous to be planning my wedding from a thousand miles away. Will was fantastic through the whole process, very communicative, quick response to any questions or concerns, friendly demeanor put me at ease while making choices. I'm generally a procrastinator, but he was on top of everything and really professional and helpful. I can't recommend Will Chitwood and Dancing D.J. Productions highly enough.

Matt Stensberg · Married on 10/13/2018

Great experience start to finish

Mark was great, very professional. He walked us through all the pre-stuff. He was flexible and patient day-of when we made a few changes during the reception. Mixed the music well and kept the young and old people dancing the whole night. Highly recommend!

Reza Afra · Married on 10/13/2018

DJ Sam is so cool

The DJ was very fun and had an excellent song selection

• Amanda

Amanda Dowis · Married on 10/11/2018

Amazing, awesome, and a quick responder

Will was a great communicator and very responsive when we would go back and forth on emails. Mark the DJ was the best!!!!!! He knew all the songs for my Mexican side of the family and Never skipped a beat.

Carol · Married on 10/07/2018

Our Wedding

Mike Thomas was a enourmous help in planning for our wedding. It was such an enjoyable experience in our meetings with Mike either over the phone or FaceTime. Dancing DJ's is very flexible in how you can meet with your DJ. Mike made the night fun and enjoyable and smooth transition from one event to the next. Thank you for helping make our planning and day special!

Ali · Married on 10/06/2018

Mark was such a great DJ! When the dance floor was slow he did what he could to live it back up, he even got on the dance floor to help out. Our event had a after party and he rocked it! So glad we went with this company.

Karissa · Married on 10/01/2018

My husband and I booked DJ Will for our wedding at Twin Oaks House & Gardens in San Marcos, CA and it was such a pleasure having him DJ our wedding! We also booked the photobooth through Dancing DJ Productions which was a HIT at our wedding! DJ Will is very friendly and does a great job explaining all the services included and is transparent throughout the entire process from inquiry to booking to the event. He responded quickly to emails and remained involved in the planning. Leading up to the wedding, DJ Will offers an online event and editing playlist where you can add details and songs directly to the portal which worked out super well for our wedding. We took song suggestions from all our guests and added them to the online playlist and DJ Will played a large amount of those songs throughout the reception. He did a great job with announcements and keeping the guests informed of the timeline. My husband and I are from the Bay Area and most of his family travelled from Northern California to San Marcos and DJ Will did an amazing mix with Too Short, E-40 and Mac Dre that had everyone on the dance floor! We received so many compliments on the music and are happy we chose DJ Will!

Staci · Married on 09/29/2018

Our wedding reception was amazing! DJ Mitch kept our wishes and timeline in mind while making sure to keep every entertained! Our dance floor was never empty and included a couple dance offs! DJ Mitch absolutely killed it! Thank you so much for everything, we definitely couldn’t have asked for a better party or a DJ!!

Amanda · Married on 09/27/2018

We were so lucky to have DJ Mitch for our wedding. He timed our ceremony music perfectly, honored our song requests, and did a great job filling in the time with other songs that fit well with the ones we picked. Working with him was completely stress free, and he was extremely flexible when we asked for a last-minute timeline adjustment (swapping the bouquet toss and money dance). Would highly recommend Dancing DJ Productions, and DJ Mitch especially, for anyone looking for a trustworthy, professional, affordable DJ company that is super easy to work with.

Michael · Married on 09/23/2018

Will did a great job in putting together an awesome set list and keeping the party going. There were people on the dance floor the entire night once we got going! Not only that, he did a great job emceeing the reception, and working with the day-of coordinator to keep things running on schedule.

He played some great tunes, put up with me being late with all of the song requests, brought a killer photo booth with him, set up great uplighting, and led the cupid shuffle. The wedding was a hit, and Will was no small part of that.

• Jessica

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Mike. He truly made our event unforgettable.
    He not only helped us start to finish with the entire wedding timeline, but was also so good at being able to gauge the room with song choices. He was an incredible DJ and announcer for all of the little extras we threw into our wedding.

If we are to have any other event that requires a DJ, I will go with no one else but Mike and Dancing DJ Productions!
    You will be so happy you chose such a genuine person and amazing DJ for your event!

Dancing DJ Productions 1
    Dancing DJ Productions 2

Julia · Married on 09/21/2018

I was very impressed with DJ Mark Jones. We used him for our wedding and our goal was to have a fun time and keep the party going all night long. Mark did just that. The dance floor was packed the whole night, and we saw close family members and friends get down like never before! It was amazing to see my family party like that and it will be a memory I cherish forever. Thank you so much Mark for keeping the party going and for accurately gauging the crowd. Everyone had a great time!

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

We had DJ Tom for our wedding in August and he was terrific! The planning process was super smooth and he took the time to figure out the feel we were going for, like asking how we felt about participation dances (not good haha) and how vocal we wanted him to be in getting the crowd going (not very much). He incorporated all our feedback the night of the wedding. We had a small wedding and I was worried people wouldn’t dance but our friends and family were out on the dance floor all night long! Would go with DJ Tom again in a second!