Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists Reviews

59 | Temple City, CA

59 Reviews for Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists

Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 1
Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 7
  • Linda

Linda · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing experience!

We were referred to Dance Syndicate by our wedding coordinator and she was right on target with her recommendation! John and Cindy were an absolute pleasure to work with. We were on a super tight budget and were blown away by the quality and service along with them being able to work with our budget. My husband and I had great initial meetings with John about the type of music we wanted and he had great suggestions for special moments for music that we didn't even think about. Our DJ for our event was Mark and he was fantastic! Easy to communicate with, friendly, energetic, and we loved having him at our wedding. Thanks Dance Syndicate!

• Veronica

Veronica · Married on 10/13/2018

Packed dance floor!

John was amazing! After a last minute venue change (and a stressed bride), John assured me he would make sure everyone had a great time. He was right! Our dance floor was packed the whole time and everyone was saying it was the funniest wedding they’ve been to. All thanks to John!

Denise · Married on 09/29/2018

Exceptional Experience with Dance Syndicate!

John Villa and his wife Cyndi were amazing from the first phone call we had with them. They had a detailed timeline that worked perfectly with our venue. John took the time to learn about us as a couple and our journey to understand the type of vibe we wanted for our big day. John is charismatic, personable, and professional. His music made our reception very memorable. During the dinner hour, John would check in with me and my husband to see if we needed anything or needed to alter the timeline. We appreciated all of John and Cyndi's help on our big day. We HIGHLY recommend going with Dance Syndicate!

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2018

Dj John was amazing! Him and Cindy are very personable to work with. They were very easy to get in contact with as well which is a plus when you’re already stressed! The music choices were great and every one was dancing. Great lighting, good sound system, all around positive things to say. If I ever needed another DJ this would be the company I’d go with. Thank you for making our day so special.

Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 8
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 9
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 10
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 11
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 12

Nancy · Married on 04/28/2018

We are so grateful that our wedding coordinator recommended Dance Syndicate Entertainment! Cyndi and John were so helpful and attentive and our DJ Steve was fantastic! We made the rookie mistake of hiring an acquaintance for our wedding DJ and she backed out a few days before. Stranded and thinking we would be playing Spotify at our wedding the team at Dance Syndicate swooped in and saved the day! Seriously you guys are amazing and we are so grateful we found you. Steve was extraordinary and took all the requests including my brother-in-law's for Immigrant song by Led Zeppelin. Don't think twice call them, you won't regret it.

Courtney · Married on 01/20/2018

John was the DJ at our wedding in January, and he did an amazing job! Everyone stayed dancing till the last song! Not only did he pull of playing the hits, but he also played Greek music! Our wedding was half American and half Greek, and everyone was impressed! He also had a few tricks up his sleeve that were very clever, and crowd engaging! Thank you John for being awesome!!!

Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 13
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 14
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 15
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 16
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 17

Melissa · Married on 12/30/2017

John is simply, "the best"!! Recommended by a friend, I contacted John many months before our wedding. Since the first day we spoke, I knew that he would be a great M.C. and DJ for our wedding. John took the time to get to know us and scope out our style. We expressed what we wanted/didn't want and he took everything we said into consideration and developed the perfect timeline for our wedding. I knew that I didn't have to worry or stress out on the day of our wedding. We let John handle everything and he did an AMAZING job!!! John checked in on us during our reception to make sure we were were doing ok and making sure we were happy and having fun, which we definitely were. Everything flowed well, our guests had a lot of fun, and my husband and I had the best time of our lives (so far). Our wedding reception was everything we wanted, and more. We were thrilled that all of our guests had a blast and they continue to this day to tell us how much fun our wedding was. It couldn't have been done if John was not there. Thank you, Dance Syndicate for giving us a wedding reception we will never forget!!

Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 18
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 19
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 20
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 21

Alyse · Married on 11/11/2017

John with Dance Syndicate is without a doubt the best way to go for your wedding DJ!! Everything from the start was a great experience with this company. He was recommended to us by a work friend and we also happened to see him DJ our friends wedding. He was very professional, but also really cool and laid back. My husband and I liked that a lot because we wanted a DJ that could interact well with people and be flexible. John met with us multiple times to answer all of our questions and we were able to get to know each other over some delicious Mexican food! He added all of the song requests to the reception and our guests were so happy to hear their song. We had so much fun dancing with our family and friends and really enjoyed his funny and unique ways to interact with our guests. I would highly recommend him to anyone I knew that was planning a wedding. He took the stress out of everything...even when we got our preferred playlist to him really late! Thanks John for making our wedding very special. It truly was a pleasure working with you.

Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 22
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 23
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 24
    Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists 25

Mia · Married on 10/22/2017

John was referred to us by one of our close friends and he did an amazing Job at our wedding. He kept the party going and engaged with all my guests, played amazing music and kept everything to schedule. Everyone had such an amazing time and loved our DJ John. He is the best DJ ever and a pleasure to work with. Thank you John for making our wedding so much fun!

Rachel · Married on 07/15/2017

John villa at dance syndicate is awesome! He made my reception so much fun. We had an American/Mexican wedding and he did a great job mixing these types of genres. He had the guests play different games at their table (during the downtime waiting for dinner) and it kept them SO entertained--everyone was laughing and having fun. I recommend John and this company for any type of DJing you need. He's very flexible, responsive to your wants and needs, and makes you feel like family by making sure things are the way you like.
    Thank you John for helping us have such a fun wedding reception! It's u forgettable

Sent on 07/03/2017

Dance Syndicate Entertainment The Wedding Celebration Specialists's reply:

Rachel & Kike,
    Thank you both so much for the very kind review.
    It was truly one of my favorite weddings of all time, and that's saying something considering how many weddings we have DJ'd for your family.
    I can't wait to see all again soon!
  • Rhoda_Lopez

Rhoda · Married on 07/07/2017

What else can I say but THANK YOU JOHN!! My wedding was so amazing & I owe a huge part of that to this guy. My guests were so impressed with how smooth everything went & my dance floor was packed all night long! John is the ABSOLUTE BEST! Thank you again!! xoxo Rhoda & Dominic

Karina · Married on 10/30/2016

John Villa is the absolute best!! Professional, punctual and so much fun! He completely understands the importance of special events and easily works with you to create the perfect atmosphere you have envisioned. He's flexible and will find any genre of music you need. We have utilized his Emcee and DJ services for multiple events including our wedding. Choose him. You will have a DJ for life!

Alex · Married on 10/01/2016

My wife and I got married on October 1, 2016 at Castle Green in Pasadena, CA and needed a DJ for our event. We interviewed several vendors but never fit what we need because they were either: too expensive, not responsive and late, or their styles seem fake (throwing in a fake English accent when they lived in America since they were born). We ended up interviewing John Villa, a friend's friend for the gig. Not only did he offer DJing our event, he also was able to offer us lighting, and be our officiant as well (he was ordained in California)! So he was a one stop shop to take care of 3 things at once!

So when we did the interview, we realized he was just as sarcastic and had a sick sense of humor like my wife and myself. It made conversation much easier and comfortable that we could talk about cupping each other balls (I have no idea how that got in the conversation). That being put aside, he is also a perfectionist like myself and wants to know detail by detail, line by line, about everything. He also acted similar to a wedding coordinator and has great ideas on how to make everything flow seamless. For example, we ended up doing a grand entrance for the bridal party as well as the bride and groom. Rather than going back to our seats, he had us stay there, do a group photo (as he mentioned that most of the time you don't get good pictures after the ceremony cause everyone is doing their own thing), and then shoot to the first dance as all the gusts have already been seated and facing the dance floor. This is just ONE example of the tricks of his sleeve to make things seamless.

He went along with everything we had to say. He had great opinions on certain things but we didn't use all of them. But since we had a Vietnamese wedding with Vietnamese names, he learned the names with us (btw, he's not Vietnamese) and did a great job of learning them. We wanted to roast our bridal party and he helped us put together jokes that caught everyone off guard

Renee · Married on 07/23/2016

We highly recommend using DJ John Villa. He DJd our wedding, my cousins wedding, and my sisters wedding. Each one was such a blast! John knows how to get the party started, keep it going, and make some moments very magical. He will go above and beyond and makes a great connection with you. He is incredibly organized and I put my full faith in him- he was amazing!

Toni · Married on 05/07/2016

John Villa did an amazing job with our wedding! He made sure it was fun and stayed on track! He is amazing at what he does and I would highly recommend him to anyone!!

Stephanie · Married on 10/24/2015

This is a review for John and Dance Syndicate for the outstanding service we received for our wedding that took place in October, 2015. We had the great pleasure of working with John and booked his services 7 months before our event. He was referred to us by my mom and sister which witnessed John's quality of service as DJ during my mom's holiday party. From the moment we spoke to him on the phone to learn about his services to the day of our wedding, he not only delivered what he promised but also helped make the entire crazy wedding experience a more relaxed, organized and less stressful one. He has 20+ years experience and we really felt at ease and knew we could count on him. He is truly a great MC, great DJ and extremely reliable person. He was willing to work with our tight budget and always provided great service and was quick at responding when we had questions. He day of was amazing! Great ceremony music he helped us choose, sound was on point, and then followed a reception to remember for years to come - awesome music that kept guests dancing and talking about for days, fun games during dinner, outstanding reception coordination and excellent equipment and lighting. John, I hope you are reading this: we are forever grateful for you being part of our special day and for making it extra memorable. Thank you!!!

Jessica · Married on 07/25/2015

John is the best DJ that we could've asked for our wedding day. He did both our ceremony and reception, which were in two different locations. John made everything work and run very smoothly. Our guests loved him and the fact that he did not let the party stop, he kept the ball rolling ALL NIGHT! He definitely went above and beyond for us; we are really greatful for having him as our DJ. He is definitely not just like any other DJ, you can tell that this isn't just a hobby for him this is his passion and he loves what he does. If you're shopping around for a DJ give John a chance you won't regret it!

Alway Steven and Jessica<3

People are still talking about how great the music was at our wedding! John did an amazing job of helping us with music selection, playing the right thing at the right time - hitting our cues, and NOT playing the cheesy stuff. He was a pleasure to work with at every meeting we had with him prior to the wedding - really made it easy. He even set up a second sound system and did extra lighting for us without asking. Really made our night special - Definitely recommend him.

Bridgit · Married on 06/06/2015

We were so FORTUNATE to have John Villa as our DJ/Emcee at our daughter's wedding. From the pre-planning sessions, hearing what the couple wanted, and being flexible throughout the day of the wedding truly made the experience so seamless. John was extraordinarily professional, listened to what our daughter wanted while providing wonderful insight and suggestions on how we could make the day even more special. Throughout the day he continually checked in with us to make sure that things were going well, if we needed something more from him, and he went out of his way to ensure that we were enjoying ourselves. John made certain that the timeline was adhered to, never allowing a lull in the action.The dance floor was never empty due to John's ability to judge the reaction of the guests and changing the music if necessary. His selection of music was fantastic and he made sure it crossed the generations. As an Emcee, John got the crowd excited, had them involved in so many ways, from the entrance to the bouquet toss, he managed the entire reception. We cannot begin to tell you the number of people who told us DURING the reception how fabulous our DJ was, and a few days later, John is still referenced as being the best DJ/Emcee they have ever heard. We would hire John again in a heartbeat. John is so attentive, very knowledgeable, super easy-going, tremendously personable, and never once made the event about him - - it was always about our daughter and her husband . We HIGHLY RECOMMEND John for any event you are planning. John we are incredibly grateful for your thoughtfulness and diligence in providing Caitlin, Ryan, and all of our guests a truly memorable wedding/reception experience.

• W

William · Married on 04/18/2015

We can't say enough great things about John Villa and Dance Syndicate Entertainment. John is a true professional and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. My husband and I were planning a wedding reception for our one year wedding anniversary and we had a lounge/club theme in mind. We wanted to make sure that we had a music list that spoke to the different generations that were going to be there, plus represent our own tastes in music. John was very receptive and had a lot of great suggestions for play lists. We were able to give him some song selections so he could get an idea of what we were going for and he was able to run with it and build a great selection of songs for the party. All night during our reception, all we received were complement after complement on how great the music variety was and how the majority of the crowd were on the dance floor almost all the time. He was very good about judging the crowds and switching up the music to get the crowd going again. In addition to his great DJ skills, he was very instrumental in being our Emcee during the first portion of our reception. He got the crowd excited during our entry, he read a great introduction for our first dance and found a great instrumental version of our favorite song to play when we renewed our wedding vows in front of our family and friends. When you hire John, you're not just getting a great DJ or Emcee, you're getting someone who is reliable, attentive, friendly and a true professional. You won't go wrong with John. We highly recommend him and will continue to do so to all of our family and friends. Thanks John for making our night a memorable one.

• Aley

Aley · Married on 01/31/2015

I shopped around for a wedding DJ/ MC for our wedding ceremony and reception, and I found a guy I thought seemed great and professional. After a little back and forth conversing, something felt off about that guy. To keep my options open, I asked our venue for their preferred DJ/ MC. Lo and behold, they gave me John Villa’s info. I called John to see how he compared, not trying to pit them against each other. Even if I had gone with the other DJ, John was supportive of whatever direction I went and told me to call him anytime if I had questions. Even if I didn’t hire him. Suffice it to say, we went with John. I met him later at a bridal show in Whittier. I can’t review the other entertainers at Dance Syndicate, but I could not be more satisfied and thrilled that John was the one at our wedding. Here’s a list of his characteristics that make him an amazing guy to work with. He is
    Positive
    Easy Going
    Detailed
    Timely
    Comforting/ Supportive
    These are just some of the qualities that you will notice right off the bat. He takes care of the bride he works with, and he really helps you out if you’re feeling overwhelmed!
    He provides up-lighting and GOBO’s if you want (which he can help tailor to your colors), and he can really help to bring the room together with spotlights etc. He was continuously asking me if I needed any extra set up help before the ceremony (Again, he’s amazing!), and even though I didn’t, I was more relaxed that day knowing I had the extra support.
    My husband raves about how he kept everybody moving on the dance floor (even dancing up on stage along with the crowd), seamlessly transitioned for music and events (garter toss, cake cutting, toasts), and how easy he is to talk to and work with even throughout the craziness of the wedding day.

If you want vendors you will love before, during, and after the wedding (or any event), you will not go wrong with John Villa!

Jeanne · Married on 10/04/2014

My wedding would not have been perfect without the professionalism and talent that John showed. Everyone boasted about him and how wonderful the music was. One of the biggest compliments was that when someone requested a song he played it right away! From young to old, he had every type of music for a spectacular event. As the bride, you had me dancing all night long and I loved the evening. It truly would not have been so successful without you.

Jeanne Amaya-Gonzalez

amy · Married on 10/03/2014

John V. did an amazing job and made it a great wedding. Things happened that were out of my control and he stepped in and helped. It made it so much easier and less stressful. I recommend him most definitely. He does more than just a dj roll, he helped get my husband and i served with food and drinks, poured the cider for a toast, was flexable on songs, and was great at going from one transition to the next. Excellent job john.

Maggie · Married on 09/04/2014

John was amazing! He went far and beyond to ensure that everyone at our wedding was having a good time. John was very helpful and attentive to all of our needs, he was able to work with any situation and do things on the fly if needed.

judith · Married on 07/12/2014

John did an amazing job! I decided to go with John for my wedding in July after seeing him in my cousin's fifteenth party. He was all I expected and more. He really made me and fiance feel really at ease because he was very professional and it was obvious he knew what he was doing. He has a great personality and really knows how to get a crowd going. He was able to really find a balance between the music my most of my guests and enjoyed and what me and fiance really enjoyed ( I had many family members come in from Colombia and Mexico.) John was also able to help us and give us great suggestions with other details, for instance around how long the slide show should be and other things like that. I would really recommend him to any bride! And not to mentioned he recommended me to his amazingly talented cousin John Torres, which was my favorite part of my wedding along with John Villa.