Dance Machine DJ Service Reviews

View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

1 User photo

Kirsten Married on 09/28/2019

Professional, affordable, and fun!

Hiring for a DJ was one of the most difficult vendors to hire for because you can't preview any of their previous work (unlike photographers, videographers, florists, etc.). My venue originally recommended Brett and I am SO HAPPY that I went with him.

He was extremely thorough throughout the entire process leading up to the wedding, consistently responsive to all my emails, and made sure he had every clear detail prior to the event. He also provides a personalized online portal for couples to include all of the wedding timeline details and make song requests in an easy and organized manner.

Brett is very experienced, but not dated in his style. He knows how to keep the party going and be fun without taking over the reception, as I have unfortunately seen at other wedding receptions. He incorporated new activities/games that you don't always see at other weddings, too, so he is extremely creative! On the day-of, he was there early and kept everything organized while being nothing short of extremely professional and affordable!

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
    Ryan B. Married on 06/01/2019

Excellent service and value from Dance Machine

Our DJ was responsive and attentive to our requests. He made a point to ask about what our expectations were during the planning process. He had no problem helping us achieve what our vision was, rather than follow his own program. We had some special music we wanted played during our ceremony that was not a part of his music library. Our DJ had no problem using our specific arrangements. He was organized and on time the day of our ceremony. His pre-planning helped to make the ceremony and reception flow without any hang-ups. We were pleased with the service level and value received from Dance Machine and would recommend them to anyone planning a wedding or event. Thanks so much for helping us with our special day!
    Beth C. Married on 10/20/2018

Daughter’s Wedding

Brett did a great job! Thanks! Would highly recommend !
    Mackenzie Married on 09/08/2018
    So easy to work with! Brett really helped our ceremony and reception go so smoothly. They were more than accommodating for our requests.
    Catelin Married on 08/04/2018
    Brett did such a wonderful job at our wedding. He was very in tune with how our guests felt about the music. We have received so many comments from guest about our wedding playlist being the best they had ever heard at a wedding and we could not agree more. Brett was very profession and receptive to all of our wants and needs! We are so glad that he was able to DJ our wedding!

Dance Machine DJ Service's reply:

Caitlin, Thanks for the review! I really enjoyed playing for you and your guests!
    Sydney Married on 06/08/2018
    Brett was highly recommended to us by close friends, so my husband and I decided to hire him as the DJ for our wedding. We spoke to him on the phone twice before the big day, and he was very informative and easy to talk to. He went above and beyond to make our wedding night amazing. He was extremely professional and kept everyone on the dance floor. He even had fun dances planned for the night (he made sure to approve them with us beforehand). Our wedding night wouldn't have turned out so perfect if it was not for him. I can't say enough good things about Brett. If you want an amazing DJ, hire him!

Dance Machine DJ Service's reply:

Sydney, Thanks for hiring me and for the great review! I enjoyed playing for you and your guests! And the "fun dances" were fun for me too! Please contact me if you need a DJ again. Thanks!
    Kayla Married on 08/24/2017
    Brett went above and beyond our expectations for our dj service! We loved the guitars he brought out! He accomadated our last minute song requests and helped coordinate the wedding. Brett had a great music selection and he was very professional. We were highly satisfied with the selection of hispanic music Brett had to play and he mixed everything so perfect! Thanks Dj Dance Machine! We highly recommend this guy!!
    Matthew Married on 01/01/2017
    Overall excellent quality. Very accommodating for all sorts of needs and fantastic music choices for the crowd. Would definitely recommend for any wedding or event.
    Alyssa Married on 12/31/2016
    Scott was amazing! He played everything that was asked and kept guests dancing until after midnight! He also took song requests from our guests, which I loved. Thanks to Scott, my cousin was able to use his equipment to sing/play a few songs, which made things so special for us. We appreciate everything he did to accommodate him playing. Scott also kept all of the events of the reception moving along, which was so appreciated. We couldn't be happier with the services!
    Hilary Married on 10/15/2016
    DJ Chris was excellent. He played music that kept people on the dance floor. He played all of my 'must plays'. And when guests tried to request bad songs he thoughtfully told them no, which means that I didn't have to (ha!). He had a lot of energy and enthusiasm as well. Thank you!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 09/17/2016
    The Dance Machine was wonderful! So easy to work with and accommodating. I highly recommend them. Our DJ kept everyone dancing until the VERY end of the reception. Thank you TDM!!
    Beth Married on 10/24/2015
    Absolutely awesome! From booking (Tom was our DJ), to getting the event timeline and request-list finalized, to the actual event, our whole experience was easy and stress-free. Tom was fantastic to work-with: he cultivated a play-list that captured exactly the vibe we were going for at the wedding. We got so many compliments on the music and the dance-floor was never empty! Highly, highly recommend!
    Helene Married on 10/03/2015
    Brett was an awesome DJ! He came highly recommended from a friend and he did not disappoint.

With two short calls and a great website the process was easy. He really captured who we are, and the range of music we love. He was friendly, flexible and available throughout the evening. Our guests danced for the whole reception!!

Thank you Brett & Dance Machine, you guys rock!

• User2314639 2+ years ago
    Lots of thanks for the great support Dance Machine DJ Service, and specially Scotty, gave us for our wedding.
    The music was fantastic!!! We ran late on almost all the events but we were able to entertain our guests with great wine, great beers, and great music. Scotty was very helpful and incredible in playing amazing music for all our guests and we all had an amazing time.
    We couldn't be happier with our selection of Dance Machine and Scotty for our wedding, it made our wedding one amazing and unforgettable night.

Dance Machine DJ Service's reply:

Jessica, Thanks for hiring us! I'm glad you were happy with Scott. He's one of our best and always gets great reviews. He sends his personal thanks and said he enjoyed playing for you and your guests!
    Sincerely,
    Brett
    Samantha Married on 07/04/2015
    DJ Scott did such a good job at our wedding!! He is super sweet, first of all! He called me the week of the wedding to make sure we had everything lined up. The online portal to organized timeline and music was great. He did a wonderful job of keeping the party going and everyone had a lot of fun!!
  • User2167254 2+ years ago
    We used the Dance Machine and Chris G was our DJ. We absolutely loved him. He was professional and listened to our play/do not play list. He fed off our guest's music choices and everyone had a great time. After attending a wedding 3 weeks before ours where our song requests to the DJ warranted more people on the dance floor then his song selections we were so pleased with our choice of DJ. Highly recommend Chris G!
    Courtney Married on 10/11/2014
    Mark was awesome. He was perfect at knowing what we needed before we needed it, and everything went off without a hitch. I wish we had another event we could use him at!

Dance Machine DJ Service's reply:

Thanks for the great review! I know Mark enjoyed playing for you and your guests. I'm glad you were happy with him, he's one of our best and consistently gets high marks. Please contact us for all your future entertainment needs.
    Thanks again.
    Brett Anderson

• User1468827 2+ years ago
    Brett from the Dance Machine was one of the best choices we made for our wedding day. He was so professional, and he made us feel at ease during the entire planning process. During the reception, he did a great job of reading the crowd and finding the best tracks. I would recommend him, hands down.
    Angela Married on 10/27/2012
    Brett was wonderful working with my husband and I from Maryland for our Indiana wedding. He was great at communicating with us and listening to what music we wanted played at our wedding. When the wedding day came, he was very professional and everything went flawlessly thanks to his expertise. The best part about Brett is that he was very focused on what we wanted for our wedding, but we even forgot he was there sometimes because everything was running so smoothly.
  • User977810 2+ years ago
    Brett showed up to my wedding handsomely dressed in his tux, and it was all uphill from there. The song choice was perfect and reflected my groom's and my eclectic tastes in music. As an MC he neither stole the show nor detracted from it, from introducing the bridal party to toasts to special dances. He was wonderful!
    Lindsey Married on 10/09/2010
    The dance floor was packed the whole time! The DJ had a good mix of current and older music to keep the whole crowd dancing! They were also flexible in our requests as well. They have a great website where you can request (or deny!) music beforehand. We would definitely recommend!
    Samantha Married on 08/18/2012
    I booked Chris Sawyer with Dance Machine. He was easy to work with, played all the right music at the ceremony and reception, and our dance floor was never empty!
    Andy M. Married on 12/31/2018

Calm Cool and Professional

Brett and Dance Machine were awesome. A lot went into this celebration and the music was important to us. We threw several curveballs at Brett and he took them all in stride. He became the Master if Ceremonies for us which was an excellent role for Brett. He was a consummate professional. We have Brett an idea of the music we were seeking and he did a great job synthesizing a playlist from that. He also did a great job tailoring the list to the mood at the time in the reception. I would like to figure out how to give him a tip for his services as in the confusion of the event, we neglected to give him one but he surely deserved it.

Andy,
    Thank you for the great review! I enjoyed playing for you and your guests! I appreciate the offer of a gratuity, but none is necessary.
    Thanks again!
  • User1873726 2+ years ago
    My husband and I worked with Chris Sawyer and Brett Anderson and found their DJ service exceptional. Chris was our DJ for the reception and did a great job of responding to the different vibes of the night - Sinatra-type music for the cocktail with a few newer pieces here and there, then a great job announcing the wedding party and providing guidance for the night's events without taking over the spotlight. We also received feedback from our guests of various ages that the music was great. The only thing I would have changed would have been to get an opportunity to have a sit-down meeting before the wedding day to discuss details in person; my fiance only had a phone conversation the week before to discuss details and there was a bit of confusion on what we wanted from the online form we filled out.

Dance Machine DJ Service's reply:

Thank you for hiring us and for the review! I know Chris enjoyed playing for you and your guests. If you need a DJ in the future please contact us.
    Sincerely,
    Brett Anderson
    Joyce Married on 07/01/2017
    Brett definitely kept the party going as long as we wanted. The website to plan everything, I will admit was difficult to use because I thought I had saved info and when I came back everything was lost. Brett walked me thru everything on the phone and we got it all straightened out. Payment was easily done via QuickBooks. Used them for both the ceremony and reception.