danada house Reviews

88 | Wheaton, IL

88 Reviews for danada house

88 danada house Reviews

Linda · Married on 08/04/2018

My daughter's wedding was last Friday August 10. So happy that we chose this venue. They were married under the two oak trees on a perfect summer evening. To be able to have everything at the house (Bridal party suites to dress, photos taken on the beautiful grounds, cocktail party on the gorgeous patios and the reception in the atrium) We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue. The grounds were magnificent and we received so many compliments with regard to the venue that everyone who attended would recommend Danada House to anyone.

danada house 1
    danada house 2
    danada house 3

Mer · Married on 07/20/2018

Jill and the entire Danada House team (and location) were absolutely amazing. Growing up in the area I knew I had to get married at Danada House. Crazy enough, when I went for a tour in December of 2016 to look at summer of 2018, only a few days were available (July 13 and July 20- only fridays). Pro tip- while it is said no dates are reserved (by deposit) until 18 months out- they begin taking names closer to 3 years out. I wish I had known this ahead of time. Nevertheless, our July 20 wedding was beautiful despite the downpour (that forced the ceremony to be relocated inside last minute). Because of the house location and covered areas, we were able to do nearly all of our pictures outside just before the rain started and in-between downpours. Jill was easy to communicate with on scheduling a rehearsal (also inside last minute), allowing me to book the house for an extra hour the week of for picture options day of, and offering suggestions for vendors.
    I would highly recommend Danada House to anyone looking for a beautiful locations rain or shine, and their recommended vendors (Angeli's, o'cie floral, DJs for You, Robb Davidson Photography).
    Thanks again Jill and the entire team!

Steve/Debbie · Married on 06/29/2018

We were impressed with Jill at Danada House from the start. Her willingness to work with our wishes for the wedding, her professionalism, and her knowledge of the banquet experience were unsurpassed and sold us on Danada House for our daughter and her husband’s wedding location. The bridal party enjoyed preparing for the wedding inside the lovely home. Outdoors we were surrounded with spectacular photo options. The beauty of the building and the grounds added much to the splendor of the evening. The wedding and reception took our breath away. The flexibility of Danada House also made it possible to have the feeling of an outdoor wedding inside a well air conditioned atrium on a 96 degree day. Kathy and Lori were of great assistance in making the rehearsal and the wedding day run smoothly.

Megan · Married on 05/11/2018

I had my wedding at The Danada House and it was beautiful! It was the most amazing day of my life! The service provided was wonderful. Jill was my event host and she was so easy to work with and made sure my event went off without a hitch! I would recommend anyone having their special day at this very special, beautiful location.

Lauren · Married on 03/24/2018

Jill Ludvigsen was and continues to be extremely responsive and helpful, even when we had our last-minute decision on whether to have the ceremony outside or inside. We had the ceremony inside in the atrium, then cocktail hour in the house, and then the reception back in the atrium, and it all flowed so smoothly. We had about 220 guests, and we were not cramped. We even managed to get a group photo on the dance floor. We also booked the coat check, which our guests really appreciated. The bridal suite was so spacious (I had 8 bridesmaids and one bridesman) and perfect for pictures. The groomsmen said they had more than enough space in the grooms suite, too.

A few added bonuses: I grew up riding horses, and my husband is an arborist; both of our personalities truly shined through the Danada House. I was also able to easily map out a Snapchat filter for the space. And, last but not least, we were able to bring our dog for some outside photos!

danada house 4
    danada house 5
    danada house 6

Norma · Married on 12/16/2016

The Danada House is beautiful. Looking for venues was a struggle. But when I found the Danada house I fell in love with it. I am excited and can't wait until the actual wedding

Emily · Married on 12/10/2016

The moment I saw Danada, I knew that was where I would be married. We had a gorgeous, snowy winter day for our wedding two weeks ago, and Danada was the perfect setting!
    From start to finish, working with Jill at Danada was an absolute pleasure. She was so helpful with all of my questions, and she had many good suggestions for vendors.
    The price we paid to have the house from 9am-1am was more than we budgeted for, but I wouldn't change it if I did it all over again. It is 100% worth the price - you get so much more value than what you pay. The grounds are breathtaking no matter what season, and the bridal room is SO gorgeous. I had seven bridesmaids, and we all fit very comfortably in it on the morning of the wedding when we were getting ready. We added the coat check on for our guests, which came in handy because of how cold and snowy it was.
    Our ceremony was in the atrium, and the Danada staff did a wonderful job getting it ready for the reception after the ceremony ended.
    The house and the atrium were both decorated for Christmas, and it was lovely. We didn't have to go overboard with centerpieces and other decorations because the venue itself is so beautiful. Our guests were completely floored by how breathtaking the venue was - and, to top it all off, we had beautiful snow all throughout our ceremony and reception, which looked perfect through the windows of the atrium!
    We are so grateful for Jill and the other wonderful women who helped make our wedding night a dream come true!

Danielle · Married on 05/06/2016

I recently had my wedding at this venue and could not have been happier with how everything went. Jill and Lori were available by email prior to the event and responded quickly. We were able to leave our homemade decor at the venue the night before the wedding which really helped with day of chaos. The bridal suite was clean, beautiful, and spacious. Our guests could not comment enough on the beauty of the grounds and the house. Lori was there for our whole wedding and was always available if we needed her or had any questions throughout the event. Highly recommend this venue!

Nina · Married on 07/25/2015

The Danada House was our dream-wedding venue. We looked at it over a year and half in advance and were disappointed to learn that there were not any openings until over two years later for a Saturday. Being a teacher, it was important to me to get married in the summer. I inquired many times about cancellations until finally we got a call from Jill telling us that there was an opening in July. The only problem was, we had already put down a deposit on another venue. We decided to just cut our losses and book the Danada House anyway. I am honestly so happy we did because it ended up being the most GORGEOUS wedding venue I could have ever imagined.

Everything about this venue was perfect for our wedding. What I especially loved was how beautiful the Danada House gardens were for our wedding pictures. It is just such a breathtaking venue and I heard throughout the night from guests, “Wow this place is beautiful!”

In addition to the venue itself, I found the staff at the Danada House helpful and friendly. We had the best wedding day and are so thankful we were able to have our wedding at Danada House.

Marisa · Married on 07/03/2015

Get married here! It was amazing..

Danada House was our choice from the get-go, and we were so happy when our date opened up for us and we were able to book. It was the best decision. It was perfect. The grounds are so well maintained and so is the house and atrium, it made for the perfect setting for our entire day. Jill and her staff were always friendly, courteous, and quick with responding to questions. We would recommend this venue to any of our friends. Many friends at the wedding even said that had they realized Danada existed when they got married they would have chosen the venue as well.

We held our Indian wedding ceremony and lunch at Danada House and received so many compliments from our guests on the uniqueness of the venue. The staff at Danada House are responsive, professional, and helpful. As we live out of town, we were apprehensive how the planning would go, but Jill answered emails very quickly. Overall, we could not have imagined a better venue or planning experience and would recommend to any bride/groom. We now understand why the venue was booked a year and half out!

Caroline · Married on 04/25/2015

We had our cocktail hour and wedding reception at the Danada House. The staff was attentive and professional, and the space was very unique and beautiful.

Jessica · Married on 02/21/2015

There's a reason Danada House books out very far in advance-- it is a beautiful and unique venue that can be rather affordable if you choose your vendors well. I have no complaints about working with Jill or her staff either. Loved having our reception here! The rooms upstairs are so nice to have for the bridal party as well, and the house rooms are perfect for a photo booth!

• ksenia

ksenia · Married on 10/03/2014

I can not wait to get married here in 3 weeks. Working with Danada House has been pain free and very refreshing! Jill is amazing about communicating and answering all of my endless emails! Would HIGHLY recommend this venue for future brides!

Danielle · Married on 08/08/2014

My husband and I just got married at the Danada House on August 8 of this year (2014) and it was amazing! Our day was spectacular and we were able to make it our own. Jill was always great throughout the entire process! She would answer all of our questions right away and made sure everything was going as planned. I loved this place the minute I saw it, I did not need to see another venue. Here you can decorate the way you want, bring in what food you want, basically tailor it they way you want it to look. This was very important to us to bring in our personality. I would highly recommend using the Danada House! Our guests loved the venue as well, saying it was the most beautiful place for a wedding!

A · Married on 07/17/2014

We had our July 17th wedding here this year and cannot say enough good things about it!! We first booked after visiting in January shortly after becoming engaged. Neither one of us had been there before but the pictures online looked lovely and we liked that we could have the ceremony and reception at the same venue. It was covered with snow when we first went, and while they were showing us the atrium a deer came up to the back through the woods and you could see it through the windows! SOLD!
    We came again in the spring and it was lovely, but then the week of our wedding when we came to set up it was AMAZING! Everything was in full bloom, even prettier than pictures! The bride's room is to die for, just a gorgeous place to set up in and made for THE BEST getting ready photos! The staff there is just wonderful and the vendors are amazing too (We used Chef by Request, whom we HIGHLY recommend for price and quality!)
    The price was very reasonable, especially since we had our wedding on a Thursday, which also gave us plenty of flexibility as to the time frame we were able to book and work with.
    We had an outdoor wedding, and they have a rain option of going inside the atrium, but the weather turned out amazing for our day.
    Long before the wedding I knew we'd picked the perfect place because whenever i told even complete strangers where we were having our wedding, if they were from the area they would sigh and get this far away happy look in their eyes and say "oh that place is just wonderful" and give a list of the events they've been to there and how amazing they were.
    All in all we had the perfect "Pintrest" wedding at the Dananda. When we booked it we couldn't even have imagined how perfect it was going to be. Everyone is still talking about it and telling us how beautiful it was two months later, as well as how convenient of a location it is. Several hotels in the area will shuttle your guests too and from the Danada for no extra cost if you reserve a wedding

Melissa · Married on 06/20/2014

Danada House is THE place to get married in the west Chicago suburbs. Their venue is one of a kind, offering natural beauty, seclusion and a lot of freedom to personalize the space. When you drive in, it’s like entering a world of your own—you almost forget you’re in the middle of a suburb. It’s wonderful that your party is the only one the grounds so you don’t have to compete with other weddings like you would at a banquet hall.

Many of my June 20, 2014 wedding guests had never been to Danada and raved about how beautiful the wedding was. The best part is you don’t have to break the bank with decorations because the space is so beautiful on its own. For our outdoor ceremony, we had four lanterns sitting on pillars and rose petals down the aisle and it was gorgeous. There are also a ton of different locations on the grounds for your pictures. I can’t wait to see all the unique shots that we’ll have… some even include horses!

The service at Danada is also exceptional. Jill is great to work with—she’s very organized responsive and answered many of my questions. Danada does book out very quickly so if you’re considering this venue, I recommend you visit as soon as possible to try to secure a date. Thank you so much for making my day so special!

Gina · Married on 06/01/2014

The Danada House was a gorgeous venue and their list of preferred vendors made the process easy!

Emily · Married on 01/04/2014

The Danada House is a beautiful venue, and its staff was unbelievably accommodating and enthusiastic when it came to helping us plan our big day. We used this venue for both our ceremony and reception on a snowy Saturday in January, and can't imagine a more beautiful setting to have exchanged our vows. Thank you, Danada House, for a wonderful day!

Jane Ellen · Married on 12/27/2013

Magnificent! Elegant! Charming! A Magical Evening!
    Jill at the Danada House is a pleasure!
    Chef by Request has excellent cuisine and Danielle Guzman is a delightful catering planner!
    The Dan Hayes Orchestra complimented the ambiance and food with a spectacular evening of dancing!
    The event was right out of the movies "FATHER OF THE BRIDE" !

Sara · Married on 12/14/2013

The most amazing venue in the Chicago burbs! Perfect for all seasons! I had a winter wedding and it was the most romantic atmosphere!

• User3719160 · 2+ years ago

This place is amazing. The staff very helpful and the space is beautiful.

Kate · Married on 11/22/2013

Danada House is a magical place for a wedding reception. Our event was in November, so we didn't even get to enjoy the beautiful grounds and outdoor patios. Even so, it was a beautiful place for our event. Everyone loved the cocktail hour in the house. It had a homey feel to it, especially since we were able to decorate it with photos of the bride and groom and their families. Upstairs in the house was the most fantastic bridal party suite for photos, getting ready and just hanging out. The banquet area was also clean, spacious and so lovely! Everyone we dealt with was very helpful and professional.

DeAnna · Married on 10/18/2013

What a magical place for a wedding!! Any event held here will be made even more special.
    The casual, elegant and historical nature of Danada House is a wonderful quiet place in our hectic world.
    Jill and the rest of the staff go out of their way to help make you and your guests feel at home.
    Thank you for everything!!