83 Reviews for danada house

Bridal Suite (1)
Event Planning (1)
Parking (1)
83 danada house Reviews

I had my wedding at The Danada House and it was beautiful! It was the most amazing day of my life! The service provided was wonderful. Jill was my event host and she was so easy to work with and made sure my event went off without a hitch! I would recommend anyone having their special day at this very special, beautiful location.

Profile Picture Megan, 5/11/18, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking

Thus venue needs nothing else to be perfect, it is great just the way it is. Having both a house for entertaining and an atrium to see all the beautiful landscape makes this place one unforgettable venue. The director Jill is also very responsive and answered all my questions. I would never have thought this place was in my price range but it was very affordable!

Profile Picture Rachel, 3/31/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jill Ludvigsen was and continues to be extremely responsive and helpful, even when we had our last-minute decision on whether to have the ceremony outside or inside. We had the ceremony inside in the atrium, then cocktail hour in the house, and then the reception back in the atrium, and it all flowed so smoothly. We had about 220 guests, and we were not cramped. We even managed to get a group photo on the dance floor. We also booked the coat check, which our guests really appreciated. The bridal suite was so spacious (I had 8 bridesmaids and one bridesman) and perfect for pictures. The groomsmen said they had more than enough space in the grooms suite, too.

A few added bonuses: I grew up riding horses, and my husband is an arborist; both of our personalities truly shined through the Danada House. I was also able to easily map out a Snapchat filter for the space. And, last but not least, we were able to bring our dog for some outside photos!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Danada House is beautiful. Looking for venues was a struggle. But when I found the Danada house I fell in love with it. I am excited and can't wait until the actual wedding

Profile Picture Norma, 12/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The moment I saw Danada, I knew that was where I would be married. We had a gorgeous, snowy winter day for our wedding two weeks ago, and Danada was the perfect setting!
From start to finish, working with Jill at Danada was an absolute pleasure. She was so helpful with all of my questions, and she had many good suggestions for vendors.
The price we paid to have the house from 9am-1am was more than we budgeted for, but I wouldn't change it if I did it all over again. It is 100% worth the price - you get so much more value than what you pay. The grounds are breathtaking no matter what season, and the bridal room is SO gorgeous. I had seven bridesmaids, and we all fit very comfortably in it on the morning of the wedding when we were getting ready. We added the coat check on for our guests, which came in handy because of how cold and snowy it was.
Our ceremony was in the atrium, and the Danada staff did a wonderful job getting it ready for the reception after the ceremony ended.
The house and the atrium were both decorated for Christmas, and it was lovely. We didn't have to go overboard with centerpieces and other decorations because the venue itself is so beautiful. Our guests were completely floored by how breathtaking the venue was - and, to top it all off, we had beautiful snow all throughout our ceremony and reception, which looked perfect through the windows of the atrium!
We are so grateful for Jill and the other wonderful women who helped make our wedding night a dream come true!

Profile Picture Emily, 12/10/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

We just got married at the Danada House on Sunday, September 25,2016. It was so beautiful, better than I ever imagined. The Danada House books up quickly, was one of the reasons we chose a Sunday wedding. We had our ceremony and reception and pictures there. We were totally fine with this and payed a little more to be able to have the House the whole day. It was so nice not to rush and enjoy the day. I was concerned because I did not a have day of coordinator but the girls at the Danada house stepped in and did this for us! Thank you! They were very responsive and very easy to work with.

Profile Picture Angela, 9/25/16, 3 Reviews
1.0

Venue is absolutely gorgeous, the dining hall with huge glass panes is something to behold. With how absolutely amazing the front is, you would think it is a perfect venue. So why the low score, right?
It turned out that the beautiful facade is all that place had to offer.
from the very beginning, their staff was responsive, and willing to work with us... until they realized that we wanted a Sunday event, and once the deposit was paid things got even worse. Once we were locked in and could no longer cancel, all responsiveness stopped, help disappeared, and one line email replies became the only thing we could get.
That was the case until I sent an email saying that I wanted to pay for chairs. And, what do you know, they became super willing to work with me.. until my check cleared.
Jill, the "director" flat out lied to my now wife, claimed that certain things were discussed with my MIL (they weren't.. we were on the speakerphone, but kept quiet).
The entire experience felt like they were trying to get back at us for getting a Sunday rate. We were not allowed into the venue until the MINUTE AFTER scheduled time.
Had it not been for our own coordinator, things would have been a complete chaos.
they double booked us.
they double booked our rehearsal time with another bride, and claimed that they told us bout it (never happened). "director" refused to meet with us, and kept dodging calls/visits, sending her assistant in (who did not have answers)
On the day of, the grass was uncut, bushes and park areas were unkempt to say the least.
all in all, inside of the venue is amazing. With better leadership and workers, this place can become what is once was - a beautiful venue worth the money.
As it stands right now, look elsewhere, unless you're on an enormous budget and ok with being milked.

Profile Picture User7737132, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

We booked Danada House (Dan-AE-da) about 16mo out from our wedding date by a struck of luck off a wait list, and after having our wedding there I could surely understand why there is a waitlist. The venue is a flat fee service with a per chair pricing for ceremonies clearly stated in black & white on there website. They have a preferred pre-certified caterer list that is convenient. We used La Cuisine, and I would highly recommend them. We had an outdoor ceremony in the beautifully outdoor ceremony site just off the sunrooms where the cocktail hour is held. The reception was in the well maintained atrium space with wall to wall glass outlooking the landscape with access to the outdoor deck with a decorative pool.

Some highlights include the beautiful landscaping. Because we had originally visited in the winter, we had not seen all the wonderful landscaping that the Danada staff manage in the warmer months. It gave us great areas to take pictures and made the venue picturesque for our ceremony. The price is also reasonable for the surrounding area. Although other venues offer full included catering and what not, I felt this venue offered more in space and beauty at a better price.

To note, I felt that calling was always best to get a hold of them. I tried emails before and often found better response times with just calling. That being said, I found most wedding services are unreachable on fri, sat, sun as they are busy with other weddings. My tip would be just be prepared to leave voicemails to be replied the follow weekdays or just call during the weekdays.

Additionally, as this location in a component of Dupage County and not a private, for-profit venue they follow the forest preserve rules on open fires and littering. They have clear instructions on whats allowed and not, and you should expect no exceptions. All reasonable requirements, not of which we found hindering.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kasie, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Danada House last weekend, and I couldn't have dreamed a better wedding. I was initially apprehensive since we had to have a Sunday wedding. This venue books FAST. There were only Sundays left a year and a half out, but I am so glad we went with the Danada House. The staff was amazing and helped make everything run smoothly. My guests were blown away at how gorgeous the grounds were and raving that this was the best wedding they've been to. It was perfect!

Profile Picture Jenna, 6/5/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Event Planning

I recently had my wedding at this venue and could not have been happier with how everything went. Jill and Lori were available by email prior to the event and responded quickly. We were able to leave our homemade decor at the venue the night before the wedding which really helped with day of chaos. The bridal suite was clean, beautiful, and spacious. Our guests could not comment enough on the beauty of the grounds and the house. Lori was there for our whole wedding and was always available if we needed her or had any questions throughout the event. Highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Danielle, 5/6/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I chose this venue because it is stunningly beautiful and located on an equestrian property. It is very well kept, and made for phenomenal pictures. However, we didn't have very much contact with the representatives of the venue itself; we worked mostly through our caterer, who was amazing (True Cuisine, Wood Dale, IL).

When we emailed I was never quite sure who would respond as several people seem to run the same email address. However, everyone was very polite, just not very involved. We also had quite a bit of trouble getting a date early on, as it books fast and they only allow people to actually put a deposit down 18 months in advance. Our date, however was "reserved" by someone who had put their name down before my husband and I were even engaged! We had to adjust to a Friday date that became available to use the venue, though we had originally wanted a Saturday wedding.

It was also a bit pricey for the sole purpose of renting out the space, as we paid for all rentals and food separately. However, ultimately it was worth it to have our perfect venue.

Profile Picture User4246538, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Danada House was our dream-wedding venue. We looked at it over a year and half in advance and were disappointed to learn that there were not any openings until over two years later for a Saturday. Being a teacher, it was important to me to get married in the summer. I inquired many times about cancellations until finally we got a call from Jill telling us that there was an opening in July. The only problem was, we had already put down a deposit on another venue. We decided to just cut our losses and book the Danada House anyway. I am honestly so happy we did because it ended up being the most GORGEOUS wedding venue I could have ever imagined.

Everything about this venue was perfect for our wedding. What I especially loved was how beautiful the Danada House gardens were for our wedding pictures. It is just such a breathtaking venue and I heard throughout the night from guests, “Wow this place is beautiful!”

In addition to the venue itself, I found the staff at the Danada House helpful and friendly. We had the best wedding day and are so thankful we were able to have our wedding at Danada House.

Profile Picture Nina, 7/25/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Get married here! It was amazing..

Profile Picture Marisa, 7/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Danada House was our choice from the get-go, and we were so happy when our date opened up for us and we were able to book. It was the best decision. It was perfect. The grounds are so well maintained and so is the house and atrium, it made for the perfect setting for our entire day. Jill and her staff were always friendly, courteous, and quick with responding to questions. We would recommend this venue to any of our friends. Many friends at the wedding even said that had they realized Danada existed when they got married they would have chosen the venue as well.

Profile Picture User4029112, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We held our Indian wedding ceremony and lunch at Danada House and received so many compliments from our guests on the uniqueness of the venue. The staff at Danada House are responsive, professional, and helpful. As we live out of town, we were apprehensive how the planning would go, but Jill answered emails very quickly. Overall, we could not have imagined a better venue or planning experience and would recommend to any bride/groom. We now understand why the venue was booked a year and half out!

Profile Picture User5185205, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

We had an absolutely fabulous wedding at Danada House on 5/23/2015. We only had a 5 month engagement, so by the time we looked at venues Danada House was quite booked. One of their few openings was a Saturday during the day (8AM-4PM), and it turned out absolutely fantastic! We did a super laid back BBQ with yard games open to the dance floor in the atrium and we and our guests absolutely loved it. The venue itself is just gorgeous and we were able to keep things quite affordable, just took some creativity. The only negative thing I can say is that they are not great with checks (ie cashing them in a timely manner). We worked around that by using cashier's checks. If you're keeping an eye on your money while you're planning your wedding, as I believe most people do, just use the cashier's checks and the problem is solved :D

Profile Picture Marie, 5/23/15, 4 Reviews
1.7

We held our wedding here on may 17th with mixed results. Danada House is a great and beautiful venue, and we will look back on the day with many, many smiles. However, communicating with Jill, the event coordinator, was painful throughout the process. We unfortunately found her to be very inflexible, late with her replies, and rather condescending when we asked any questions. We would recommend the venue itself to anyone (with a big caution on the price, and watch for hidden costs, i.e. $3 a chair), but with a warning to be ready for a uncomfortable work experience.

Profile Picture Nathan, 5/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

One of the most amazing wedding venues! The grounds are truly beautiful! You cannot beat the price!

Profile Picture User5109495, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our cocktail hour and wedding reception at the Danada House. The staff was attentive and professional, and the space was very unique and beautiful.

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/25/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There's a reason Danada House books out very far in advance-- it is a beautiful and unique venue that can be rather affordable if you choose your vendors well. I have no complaints about working with Jill or her staff either. Loved having our reception here! The rooms upstairs are so nice to have for the bridal party as well, and the house rooms are perfect for a photo booth!

Profile Picture Jessica , 2/21/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was an amazing venue! We had the most beautiful ceremony and reception.
The best part was our wedding was planned to be outside, and it ended up being 30 degrees and raining. Danada House worked hard to make sure that our wedding was still our dream wedding, even though we had to make changes.
A big thanks to Danada House and I will recommend this location to anyone looking for a unique venue in the area

Profile Picture User3967879, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can not wait to get married here in 3 weeks. Working with Danada House has been pain free and very refreshing! Jill is amazing about communicating and answering all of my endless emails! Would HIGHLY recommend this venue for future brides!

Profile Picture ksenia, 10/3/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I just got married at the Danada House on August 8 of this year (2014) and it was amazing! Our day was spectacular and we were able to make it our own. Jill was always great throughout the entire process! She would answer all of our questions right away and made sure everything was going as planned. I loved this place the minute I saw it, I did not need to see another venue. Here you can decorate the way you want, bring in what food you want, basically tailor it they way you want it to look. This was very important to us to bring in our personality. I would highly recommend using the Danada House! Our guests loved the venue as well, saying it was the most beautiful place for a wedding!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/8/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our July 17th wedding here this year and cannot say enough good things about it!! We first booked after visiting in January shortly after becoming engaged. Neither one of us had been there before but the pictures online looked lovely and we liked that we could have the ceremony and reception at the same venue. It was covered with snow when we first went, and while they were showing us the atrium a deer came up to the back through the woods and you could see it through the windows! SOLD!
We came again in the spring and it was lovely, but then the week of our wedding when we came to set up it was AMAZING! Everything was in full bloom, even prettier than pictures! The bride's room is to die for, just a gorgeous place to set up in and made for THE BEST getting ready photos! The staff there is just wonderful and the vendors are amazing too (We used Chef by Request, whom we HIGHLY recommend for price and quality!)
The price was very reasonable, especially since we had our wedding on a Thursday, which also gave us plenty of flexibility as to the time frame we were able to book and work with.
We had an outdoor wedding, and they have a rain option of going inside the atrium, but the weather turned out amazing for our day.
Long before the wedding I knew we'd picked the perfect place because whenever i told even complete strangers where we were having our wedding, if they were from the area they would sigh and get this far away happy look in their eyes and say "oh that place is just wonderful" and give a list of the events they've been to there and how amazing they were.
All in all we had the perfect "Pintrest" wedding at the Dananda. When we booked it we couldn't even have imagined how perfect it was going to be. Everyone is still talking about it and telling us how beautiful it was two months later, as well as how convenient of a location it is. Several hotels in the area will shuttle your guests too and from the Danada for no extra cost if you reserve a wedding

Profile Picture A, 7/17/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved having our event at Danada House, our guest loved how bright, beautiful and comfortable it felt being there and our pictures turned out great. Jill was helpful as was the rest of the staff. This location does book up fast and would suggest being flexible with dates so you can get this place because it is well worth it. Thankfully we were given by the temple a Monday to get married, which worked out great since it allowed us to have our Hindu ceremony (at the temple) in the morning followed by our western wedding that evening at Danada.

The only reason we did not give the location 5/5 was with flexibility. This is only due to all of the restrictions put in place by Friends of Danada with caterers. This made it fairly stressful in trying to coordinate things since we needed to serve both Western and Indian food. Their preferred list of caterers were not all that open to bring someone else on board and when we did find one, we didn't care for their western menu selection. We ended up figuring it out but the issue came up again a week before the wedding. Thankfully everything did go as plan, food was great and the caterers were professional and on point but it did cause some added stress we hadn't planned on. Although this was a catering issue it came about because of the preferred list/restrictions in place. We would still recommend this place without a doubt but would suggest with people in similar situations like us to weight the pro and cons.

Profile Picture Elisabeth, 7/7/14, 3 Reviews