Dan Kennedy - Wedding Minister Reviews

51 | Sunnyvale, CA

51 Reviews for Dan Kennedy - Wedding Minister

• Gerardo

Gerardo Navarro · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Very experienced, reliable and professional

Dan clearly outlined the process and listened to our descriptions to adapt the ceremony to our needs. He was always very responsive and reliable so you can count on him to have a smooth and personalized ceremony as well as paperwork done

Sent on 05/07/2019

Marla · Married on 04/27/2019

Unique, Professional and Dedicated to their craft!

Dan Kennedy was a wonderful find for us! From the beginning of our conversations to the actual Wedding Ceremony Day, Dan was attentive, thoughtful and open to developing a wonderful and unique experience for not just the bride and groom but for our guests as well!

Dan is attentive through calls and e-mails and provided not only feedback when discussing what we wanted in our Ceremony, he also provided some insight into other experiences that helped us determine what would be a good fit for our wedding day. Dan answers questions, even strange ones, without any hesitation nor judgement which was something we loved and needed for an officiant. Thank you for being so open!

We greatly enjoyed the time he took to research our ceremony additions as they were no where traditional but incorporated fantasy elements and he was able to keep the ceremony grounded and believable. It felt special, unique, but at the same time, no where kitschy or like roleplay. We loved every single word that Dan said in our ceremony and we absolutely trusted that he would relay the love that me and the groom express to each other after getting to know us through meetings and interactions.

Dan was also so informative to us before and after the ceremony regarding the necessary steps to get our license like where to go, how to keep it neat for processing, and he also was keen to make sure we had the right details.

Overall, hire Dan if you are in search of a kind, thoughtful, and purposeful officiant. From providing information, answering questions, and just understanding that they are a part of the ceremony in many ways, Dan is a valuable resource and addition to any wedding! He's also fair on price and is efficient with his time.

We absolutely love that we contracted with Dan Kennedy. Thank you for making our day, OUR DAY!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Danny · Married on 10/27/2018

We highly recommend Dan!

Several of our wedding vendors recommended we try booking Dan Kennedy as our officiant, and we're very happy that we did!. Dan is very experienced and very professional, and our ceremony turned out great. Dan made us feel very comfortable with the process, engaged the guests, and made the entire ceremony seem very natural. Our guests keep commenting on how great the ceremony was and how Dan was a great choice for an officiant.

Sent on 01/02/2019

Ergin · Married on 10/05/2018

He is truly amazing and understanding. He did great walk-thru of ceremony and provide all the details in advance. We even did last minute change which he was very understanding and he found a great way to handle it. We didn't do rehearsal but even without rehearsal, ceremony went flawless. I highly recommend his services. Great person to work with! Do yourself a favor and save headache of ceremony planning and money with Mr Kennedy!

Sent on 10/15/2018

David · Married on 09/08/2018

Dan did an amazing job as the officiant at our wedding on Sept 8th. All of our guests commented about how great the ceremony was. Dan has great ideas and his gentle and personable spirit make him the perfect person for your wedding service. We highly recommend him. Thanks Dan!

Sent on 09/26/2018
  • I

Ian · Married on 08/25/2018

Dan did our wedding ceremony in Hakone Gardens on 25th Aug'18. He was so helpful prior to the wedding with everything. On the day, his delivery of the service was wonderful and made the ceremony an amazing event. We are so glad that we chose Dan for our special day and could not recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Cara · Married on 08/09/2018

Dan officiated our wedding ceremony and my husband and I would definitely recommend him to others!
    We really appreciated how Dan provided helpful information regarding ceremony ideas, and around the marriage license process. We felt comfortable and confident in having Dan as our officiant. On our wedding day, Dan arrived early, connected with our coordinators and photography team, and everything ran smoothly. Dan did a wonderful job!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Nancy · Married on 12/01/2017

Dan was wonderful he was responsive to all my emails and was also very helpful in suggesting new ideas and recommend changes to our ceremony.. His years of experience definitely shows in his expertise .. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted and we were so happy with his services .. You wont be dissapointed if you hire Dan ... Thanks soo much Dan ...

Sent on 12/03/2017

Edgardo · Married on 11/05/2017

Dan was amazing in our wedding, his words and prayers were very meaningful for us, and all our guests. Thank you Dan for being part of our lives, as we will remember this day forever.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Margaux · Married on 10/20/2017

Dan was amazing! He made sure he touched on all that we spoke about for our ceremony and made this experience very personalized and memorable. Thank you Dan!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Linjue · Married on 07/30/2017

Dan did such a great job officiating our wedding. He is easy to work with, very pleasant to speak to, and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ceremony. I had thrown in a few non-traditional practices to the ceremony and he handled them all very well, making sure that they were executed exactly as I described. I even emailed him the evening before our wedding because I forgot to mention something to him, and he replied the next morning ensuring that he read my email, which really shows how dedicated he is! Definitely contact Dan if you're looking for a wedding officiant, because we were very glad that we did.

Sent on 08/26/2017
  • Y

yuyu · Married on 06/18/2017

Our wedding on June 18th 2017 at Thomas Fogarty Winery was held by him. Dan is so amazing, he controls the ceremony perfectly and did all the words without any mistake. I initially found him on yelp and now I know the reason why he got all the 5 stars. And in the meantime, he charges a very reasonable price:)

Please consider him as your number 1 choice and have a coffee talk with him, you will feel amazed when the coffee talk starts.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Holly · Married on 06/11/2017

Dan Kennedy was our officiant for our wedding in June 2017. He was the first and only officiant that we met with. Dan was always responsive, accommodating, and offered great suggestions on the ceremony flow. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and how smoothly it went, and would not have changed a thing!

Sent on 07/20/2017

Garrett · Married on 04/01/2017

Dan was incredible. My wife and I contacted him after reading several glowing reviews on yelp and seeing his name at the top of the list of 10 best San Jose area officiants (Yelp). His website was also incredibly informative and included a video of a recent wedding he officiated. Check it out (along with his site) as it is representative of the exceptional service he provides. We met Dan several weeks before our ceremony for a consultation. We found him to be very easy to work with, and incredibly helpful in helping us determine the format and style of our ceremony. Dan was just as helpful and great to work with on wedding day. Dan made it a truly memorable service to my wife and I, our friends and family. Dan is a true professional and gets our highest recommendation.

Sent on 04/04/2017

Leeann · Married on 02/23/2017

Dan was the officiant in our wedding last weekend, as it was a second marriage for both we wanted a brief, more casual ceremony. He did just that. He was able to glean so much information from notes I had given him and a follow up phone call. Many guests complimented the ceremony for it's casual, comfortable and loving atmosphere. I definitely would recommend him.

Sent on 02/23/2017

Valerie&Gilbert · Married on 04/16/2016

Dan is very professional and friendly at the same time. He gave us clear instructions on what to expect for a wedding ceremony. He was also very organized and open to our suggestions. He allowed us to create a ceremony that suits our needs. At the day of our wedding he was on time and his words made us feel what true love meant and the journey we will face as a couple. We trusted that he would do a great job and he did. We are very blessed to have him as our officiant.

Sent on 04/21/2016

Tacy · Married on 03/04/2016

We have nothing but wonderful thing to say about our experience with Dan! He is extremely responsive and professional throughout the entire process - from first contact to your wedding day. Dan provides his couples with several options for ceremonies and is very open to any special requests you might have. He is also very thorough in explaining the legal aspects of obtaining your marriage license, which we greatly appreciated.
    We chose one of his more basic templates because we wanted a short ceremony and we elected to opt out of a rehearsal prior to our wedding. Dan performed such a beautiful ceremony - we were both so pleasantly surprised with the thoughtful and personal pieces that he interjected into the basic template, while still keeping our ceremony brief. Even without a rehearsal, the ceremony was flawless! We received so many compliments on Dan's service and people were shocked to discover that we found him on Yelp and didn't have a long-standing relationship with him.
    He also followed up with us after the ceremony to confirm that he submitted our license to the county and gave us an estimate of when we would be able to pick up official copies.

Sent on 03/14/2016

Dan was the best.

He was able to keep the ceremony exciting and NOT boring.
    He is always early, walks you through every detail, and is very thorough.
    He's probably the most responsive, punctual, and professional vendor I've met.

When dealing with important documentation, you need that type of person. He contacts you at every step of the way to make sure you are aware and in the loop. Would DEFINITELY recommend him.

Sent on 02/19/2016

Marianne · Married on 10/24/2015

Dan did a wonderful job officiating our wedding in October 2015 in Palo Alto. He exceeded all of our expectations for an officiant. We found him on Yelp, and the great reviews were completely accurate. Dan responded very quickly to our initial inquiry. When we met with him, he clearly explained the options for the ceremony and the process for getting the marriage license. We chose a simple, short ceremony and added our own vows. Dan provided many options for readings and poems. He checked in with us closer to the wedding to confirm all the details of the ceremony. On the day of our wedding, Dan arrived on time and made sure we had our license, rings, vows, etc. Dan performed a very warm, heartfelt, and humorous ceremony. He helped guide us through the ceremony so that everything went smoothly. Many guests (and even several vendors) complimented him afterward. After the wedding, he submitted the marriage license and emailed us with an update. The entire process of working with Dan was very easy and pleasant. Do yourself a favor and contact him!

Sent on 12/31/2015

Megan · Married on 10/23/2015

My husband and I recently used Dan as our officiant for our wedding in Livermore.
    From our first meeting, he was clear, concise, and to the point about the services that he offered. He was easy to contact, and able to answer any questions that we had leading up to the ceremony. He was able to provide the simple and meaningful ceremony that we were after.
    We got many comments from our guests about how much they liked the ceremony and Dan as an officiant.
    One of my favorite parts of the ceremony was when Dan invited all married couples to silently renew their vows as we recited ours. It was truly a touching moment.
    He brought meaningfulness, beauty, and humor to our our special day, and I can't recommend him highly enough!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Kim · Married on 09/06/2015

I found Dan on Yelp and am so glad I did! My now husband and I were looking into finding an officiant because my best friend whom I wanted was delegated to MOH duties instead and it would be weird for her to try to be both. I yelped "officiant" and Dan's page came up with great reviews. I went on his website, saw one of the videos he presided over and knew this is who I wanted. He was just so inspirational! I remember watching the video, being moved, and thinking "that's what I want for the wedding!"

We reached out to Dan whom was super responsive via email. Set up a meeting and booked him right away. During our initial meeting, Dan was superbly kind and professional, he helped lay out everything to expect and different options we could think about for our wedding.

After booking him, I would occasionally shoot him ideas via email and he always responded with feedback and advice.

He followed up with us leading up to our wedding to make sure we had everything we needed in order.

And most important of all, during the ceremony, he was everything I'd imagine. He really moved my husband and I and helped us feel like it was a genuine, loving experience. I was most excited about my ceremony and vows (more so than our party reception) and Dan didn't let us down.

He got our marriage license in order, personally submitted it, and emailed us an update on its status.

All in all, it was a perfect decision to have Dan be our officiant.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Hilary · Married on 06/13/2015

Dan was the officiant at our non religious wedding, and it was the perfect ceremony! After the ceremony I had guests come up to me and repeatedly tell me that the ceremony was absolutely perfect and was exactly what they wanted when they got married!

Your marriage license is one of the most important aspects you need to worry about at your wedding, but just book with Dan and you can just stop worrying. He will make the whole process incredibly easy and straightforward!

Dan was extremely easy to contact, which is incredibly important when you're juggling different vendors. He started by letting us know all the information up front, and arranged a meeting with us that suited our schedule since we were coming from Texas. At that meeting he was very early and had a whole informational packet that detailed the whole process of getting a marriage license for us. He emphasized what was important and went over the timeline with us. He also had informational packets of what kind of ceremony and add ons we wanted. He had samples of passages we might want him to read too! Putting together our ceremony could NOT have been easier! We had a short and simple ceremony, and he talked the perfect amount since it was hot out that day. He said super sweet things about the significance of marriage and about the rings. We had our own vows and even without rehearsing with him, it was super easy to follow his lead and the whole ceremony went smoothly. He was also so conscious of my dress and made sure that my MOH fixed my dress to look beautiful before he started. That was amazing! He also made getting our marriage license so easy. He submitted our paperwork for the license right after our wedding and we could pick up the certified copies right away! We are so glad we hired Dan!

Sent on 07/09/2015

adrienne · Married on 06/07/2015

Dan officiated my wedding, and I couldn't be happier. At our first meeting, we went over all the details of the ceremony, he offered many options on the style and content. He explains things thoroughly and patiently.

The day of the wedding he was calm (which is great because I was nervous), and gave a beautiful and funny performance. Everyone loved him, and I was thrilled. I highly recommend Dan!!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Melissa · Married on 06/06/2015

Dan was our officiant this Saturday (6/6/15). I knew he was the Officiant for us as soon as I met him. He was straight forward, and professional. He had a folder with him with all the information we needed. He answered all of our questions. On the day our wedding he was on time, he looked professional. He was fast in dropping our marriage license at the Recorders Office!
    Thank you Dan for making our wedding so beautiful and romantic!
    If you are a future bride, Dan is the best Officiant to get!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Dan was our officiant for our wedding last Friday. From the start he was amazing, we had one meeting with him (I was late, but he didn't get upset) we instantly booked him right then and there.
    He had a packet of all the information need, sample ceremonies, outline of ceremonies, marriage license information, and even an envelope with a stamp. None of our vendors did that.
    During the wedding planning I was so worried about the wording for the filipino traditions we were incorporating in our ceremony. I wish I stopped obsessing over it and knew Dan had it handled.
    The day of the wedding my husband and I were a ball of nerves but once we got in front of him, he most definitely put us both at ease with his kind smile and voice. He arrived on time and dress professionally.
    During the ceremony he was funny, sensitive and professional. I was a bit nervous because we wanted to incorporate our filipino traditions and didn't know how he would handle it, he handled it most fabulously and with the utmost respect for our traditions. I was mostly worried about my mother and mother in law, but they both told us Dan was an amazing officiant. Our guests thought our ceremony was intimate and beautiful and our officiant was the best.

Book Dan and make your ceremony perfect!

Sent on 05/21/2015