44 Reviews for Dan Kennedy - Wedding Minister

Non-religious (4)
No Denomination (3)
Civil Union (1)
44 Dan Kennedy - Wedding Minister Reviews

Dan was wonderful he was responsive to all my emails and was also very helpful in suggesting new ideas and recommend changes to our ceremony.. His years of experience definitely shows in his expertise .. Our ceremony was exactly what we wanted and we were so happy with his services .. You wont be dissapointed if you hire Dan ... Thanks soo much Dan ...

Profile Picture Nancy, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dan was amazing in our wedding, his words and prayers were very meaningful for us, and all our guests. Thank you Dan for being part of our lives, as we will remember this day forever.

Profile Picture Edgardo, 11/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dan was amazing! He made sure he touched on all that we spoke about for our ceremony and made this experience very personalized and memorable. Thank you Dan!

Profile Picture Margaux, 10/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dan did such a great job officiating our wedding. He is easy to work with, very pleasant to speak to, and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect ceremony. I had thrown in a few non-traditional practices to the ceremony and he handled them all very well, making sure that they were executed exactly as I described. I even emailed him the evening before our wedding because I forgot to mention something to him, and he replied the next morning ensuring that he read my email, which really shows how dedicated he is! Definitely contact Dan if you're looking for a wedding officiant, because we were very glad that we did.

Profile Picture Linjue, 7/30/17, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Our wedding on June 18th 2017 at Thomas Fogarty Winery was held by him. Dan is so amazing, he controls the ceremony perfectly and did all the words without any mistake. I initially found him on yelp and now I know the reason why he got all the 5 stars. And in the meantime, he charges a very reasonable price:)

Please consider him as your number 1 choice and have a coffee talk with him, you will feel amazed when the coffee talk starts.

Profile Picture yuyu, 6/18/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious

Dan Kennedy was our officiant for our wedding in June 2017. He was the first and only officiant that we met with. Dan was always responsive, accommodating, and offered great suggestions on the ceremony flow. We received so many compliments on our ceremony and how smoothly it went, and would not have changed a thing!

Profile Picture Holly, 6/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan was incredible. My wife and I contacted him after reading several glowing reviews on yelp and seeing his name at the top of the list of 10 best San Jose area officiants (Yelp). His website was also incredibly informative and included a video of a recent wedding he officiated. Check it out (along with his site) as it is representative of the exceptional service he provides. We met Dan several weeks before our ceremony for a consultation. We found him to be very easy to work with, and incredibly helpful in helping us determine the format and style of our ceremony. Dan was just as helpful and great to work with on wedding day. Dan made it a truly memorable service to my wife and I, our friends and family. Dan is a true professional and gets our highest recommendation.

Profile Picture Garrett, 4/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan was the officiant in our wedding last weekend, as it was a second marriage for both we wanted a brief, more casual ceremony. He did just that. He was able to glean so much information from notes I had given him and a follow up phone call. Many guests complimented the ceremony for it's casual, comfortable and loving atmosphere. I definitely would recommend him.

Profile Picture Leeann, 2/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dan is very professional and friendly at the same time. He gave us clear instructions on what to expect for a wedding ceremony. He was also very organized and open to our suggestions. He allowed us to create a ceremony that suits our needs. At the day of our wedding he was on time and his words made us feel what true love meant and the journey we will face as a couple. We trusted that he would do a great job and he did. We are very blessed to have him as our officiant.

Profile Picture Valerie&Gilbert, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Civil Union, No Denomination

We have nothing but wonderful thing to say about our experience with Dan! He is extremely responsive and professional throughout the entire process - from first contact to your wedding day. Dan provides his couples with several options for ceremonies and is very open to any special requests you might have. He is also very thorough in explaining the legal aspects of obtaining your marriage license, which we greatly appreciated.
We chose one of his more basic templates because we wanted a short ceremony and we elected to opt out of a rehearsal prior to our wedding. Dan performed such a beautiful ceremony - we were both so pleasantly surprised with the thoughtful and personal pieces that he interjected into the basic template, while still keeping our ceremony brief. Even without a rehearsal, the ceremony was flawless! We received so many compliments on Dan's service and people were shocked to discover that we found him on Yelp and didn't have a long-standing relationship with him.
He also followed up with us after the ceremony to confirm that he submitted our license to the county and gave us an estimate of when we would be able to pick up official copies.

Profile Picture Tacy, 3/4/16, 1 Review
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

Dan was the best.

He was able to keep the ceremony exciting and NOT boring.
He is always early, walks you through every detail, and is very thorough.
He's probably the most responsive, punctual, and professional vendor I've met.

When dealing with important documentation, you need that type of person. He contacts you at every step of the way to make sure you are aware and in the loop. Would DEFINITELY recommend him.

Profile Picture User6383659, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dan did a wonderful job officiating our wedding in October 2015 in Palo Alto. He exceeded all of our expectations for an officiant. We found him on Yelp, and the great reviews were completely accurate. Dan responded very quickly to our initial inquiry. When we met with him, he clearly explained the options for the ceremony and the process for getting the marriage license. We chose a simple, short ceremony and added our own vows. Dan provided many options for readings and poems. He checked in with us closer to the wedding to confirm all the details of the ceremony. On the day of our wedding, Dan arrived on time and made sure we had our license, rings, vows, etc. Dan performed a very warm, heartfelt, and humorous ceremony. He helped guide us through the ceremony so that everything went smoothly. Many guests (and even several vendors) complimented him afterward. After the wedding, he submitted the marriage license and emailed us with an update. The entire process of working with Dan was very easy and pleasant. Do yourself a favor and contact him!

Profile Picture Marianne, 10/24/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious

My husband and I recently used Dan as our officiant for our wedding in Livermore.
From our first meeting, he was clear, concise, and to the point about the services that he offered. He was easy to contact, and able to answer any questions that we had leading up to the ceremony. He was able to provide the simple and meaningful ceremony that we were after.
We got many comments from our guests about how much they liked the ceremony and Dan as an officiant.
One of my favorite parts of the ceremony was when Dan invited all married couples to silently renew their vows as we recited ours. It was truly a touching moment.
He brought meaningfulness, beauty, and humor to our our special day, and I can't recommend him highly enough!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/23/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

I found Dan on Yelp and am so glad I did! My now husband and I were looking into finding an officiant because my best friend whom I wanted was delegated to MOH duties instead and it would be weird for her to try to be both. I yelped "officiant" and Dan's page came up with great reviews. I went on his website, saw one of the videos he presided over and knew this is who I wanted. He was just so inspirational! I remember watching the video, being moved, and thinking "that's what I want for the wedding!"

We reached out to Dan whom was super responsive via email. Set up a meeting and booked him right away. During our initial meeting, Dan was superbly kind and professional, he helped lay out everything to expect and different options we could think about for our wedding.

After booking him, I would occasionally shoot him ideas via email and he always responded with feedback and advice.

He followed up with us leading up to our wedding to make sure we had everything we needed in order.

And most important of all, during the ceremony, he was everything I'd imagine. He really moved my husband and I and helped us feel like it was a genuine, loving experience. I was most excited about my ceremony and vows (more so than our party reception) and Dan didn't let us down.

He got our marriage license in order, personally submitted it, and emailed us an update on its status.

All in all, it was a perfect decision to have Dan be our officiant.

Profile Picture Kim, 9/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan was the officiant at our non religious wedding, and it was the perfect ceremony! After the ceremony I had guests come up to me and repeatedly tell me that the ceremony was absolutely perfect and was exactly what they wanted when they got married!

Your marriage license is one of the most important aspects you need to worry about at your wedding, but just book with Dan and you can just stop worrying. He will make the whole process incredibly easy and straightforward!

Dan was extremely easy to contact, which is incredibly important when you're juggling different vendors. He started by letting us know all the information up front, and arranged a meeting with us that suited our schedule since we were coming from Texas. At that meeting he was very early and had a whole informational packet that detailed the whole process of getting a marriage license for us. He emphasized what was important and went over the timeline with us. He also had informational packets of what kind of ceremony and add ons we wanted. He had samples of passages we might want him to read too! Putting together our ceremony could NOT have been easier! We had a short and simple ceremony, and he talked the perfect amount since it was hot out that day. He said super sweet things about the significance of marriage and about the rings. We had our own vows and even without rehearsing with him, it was super easy to follow his lead and the whole ceremony went smoothly. He was also so conscious of my dress and made sure that my MOH fixed my dress to look beautiful before he started. That was amazing! He also made getting our marriage license so easy. He submitted our paperwork for the license right after our wedding and we could pick up the certified copies right away! We are so glad we hired Dan!

Profile Picture Hilary, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan officiated my wedding, and I couldn't be happier. At our first meeting, we went over all the details of the ceremony, he offered many options on the style and content. He explains things thoroughly and patiently.

The day of the wedding he was calm (which is great because I was nervous), and gave a beautiful and funny performance. Everyone loved him, and I was thrilled. I highly recommend Dan!!

Profile Picture adrienne, 6/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dan was our officiant this Saturday (6/6/15). I knew he was the Officiant for us as soon as I met him. He was straight forward, and professional. He had a folder with him with all the information we needed. He answered all of our questions. On the day our wedding he was on time, he looked professional. He was fast in dropping our marriage license at the Recorders Office!
Thank you Dan for making our wedding so beautiful and romantic!
If you are a future bride, Dan is the best Officiant to get!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan was our officiant for our wedding last Friday. From the start he was amazing, we had one meeting with him (I was late, but he didn't get upset) we instantly booked him right then and there.
He had a packet of all the information need, sample ceremonies, outline of ceremonies, marriage license information, and even an envelope with a stamp. None of our vendors did that.
During the wedding planning I was so worried about the wording for the filipino traditions we were incorporating in our ceremony. I wish I stopped obsessing over it and knew Dan had it handled.
The day of the wedding my husband and I were a ball of nerves but once we got in front of him, he most definitely put us both at ease with his kind smile and voice. He arrived on time and dress professionally.
During the ceremony he was funny, sensitive and professional. I was a bit nervous because we wanted to incorporate our filipino traditions and didn't know how he would handle it, he handled it most fabulously and with the utmost respect for our traditions. I was mostly worried about my mother and mother in law, but they both told us Dan was an amazing officiant. Our guests thought our ceremony was intimate and beautiful and our officiant was the best.

Book Dan and make your ceremony perfect!

Profile Picture User4412349, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan was our Officiant for our wedding this past mother's day weekend. I thought I was not going to be the bride who arrives late, but unfortunately I was. We started our wedding half hour late :( Thankfully we had a very professional and patient officiant who planned wisely. With all the stress and nervousness I was feeling, I was unable to say "lawfully" during my vows. After a couple of times of Dan repeating it to me, he understood what I was going through and revised the vows accordingly. A true Professional!! Unfortunately, we were unable to set up a sound system for our ceremony, so our guest were unable to hear the beautiful words that Dan had spoken.

Dan thank you so much for a beautiful ceremony. We are so happy we picked you for our Officiant.

STOP looking for another officiant!! HIRE Dan Kennedy NOW!!! You wont regret it!

Profile Picture Cristina, 5/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

it was a great pleasure working with Dan. he made our wedding so special and we are very pleased with his speech and professionalism. we'll definitely recommend him to any couple in the future.

Profile Picture linh, 5/2/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan was fabulous! My husband and I wrote our own vows and I forgot mine at the altar. Dan calmly asked us if we wanted him to just have us repeat some vows or what we wanted to do. I said I really want to read my vows. He said "No problem. I can talk some more while your friend over here runs to get them." And that is just what happened. It worked out beautifully. We both read our vows and everyone commented on how great they were and how we made them cry. Even with my mistake, with the help of Dan our ceremony was still absolutely perfect! Many of guests commented on how great Dan was and several asked how I found him. Our DJ, Scott Trugman, (who was also superb btw), said if he ever gets married he wants Dan to be his officiant. That is quite a compliment coming from a wedding dj! Thank you so much Dan!

Profile Picture Holly, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so lucky and blessed to have Dan be the officiant of our wedding. About 3 weeks before our wedding the friend that was going to be our officiant told us he was not going to do it anymore. We were very upset at this last minute drop out and I was rushing to find someone that would not only do a good job but we could connect with. I saw Dan on Yelp and visited his website. I loved the videos that were posted. We set up a meeting the next day. I knew immediately that he was perfect to do our wedding. He made you feel comfortable, was very personable and had a sense of humor ( a must in my book) He went over everything about what we wanted for our Hawaiian wedding and addressed all our questions and concerns. He was in constant contact with us and ran over everything a few days before our wedding. The service was great. He added so many personal touches to his delivery.
Let me say, I originally had a whole script of the service, but threw it out the window (except for the lei ceremony which was new to him) because his delivery was better than I could ever script. He will follow what you want, but do trust him to be amazing at what he does. He is not a cookie cutter officiant and he will make your day personalized and special. Thank you Dan for saving our wedding. It was like having another part of the family there.

Profile Picture Debbie, 9/13/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We had a short ceremony with Dan Kennedy as our officiator on July 12, 2014. For as short as ceremony as Dan was asked to perform, it was so beautiful and touching. He added a couple of personal statements about us and the way he spoke about our vows made many of our guests ask who Dan was and compliment how wonderful he spoke.
I was referred to Dan from the CEO of a company I work for because he had used him a few weeks prior to our wedding. I am so glad we took his advice. He made our celebration so very special!

Profile Picture Lesa, 7/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Dan is the best! He was very professional and the ceremony was perfect. He had given us great ideas for the ceremony and everyone said the ceremony was beautiful and I give most of the credit to Dan!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/25/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Dan Kennedy was extremely kind and professional from the beginning. At our first meeting, he was early and had all the information ready for us to make a decision. He is prompt, responsive, and he shows that he truly cares about your ceremony. His service for our wedding ceremony was flawless and we couldn't be happier.

Dan, thank you again for making our wedding ceremony beautiful and memorable.

Profile Picture User4118673, 2+ years ago, 1 Review