Short North Weddings Reviews

Short North Weddings 3
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 09/29/2018

Incredible, Artistic Photographer!!

Highly recommend Dan!!! We will forever treasure our wedding photos! The candid moments he captured were incredible. And the way he frames shots is so artistic, which in my opinion, really sets him apart from other photographers.

To give some details- We first met Dan at a Bridal Expo. We met with several photographers, but he stood out to us. His pictures weren’t typical and looked much more artistic. We also found his personal manner much more reserved which made me feel more at ease and comfortable (other photographers were very much in our face/ overly outgoing).

We hired Dan to do our engagement shots. We were nervous because both my husband and I are not photogenic, but the photos turned out amazing! After we saw our photos, we were so confident in Dan, and booked him as our photographer.

The whole process with Dan was so stress free and easy. Day of the wedding, we got a little off schedule (I took longer to get ready go figure), and Dan was able to adjust and we still were able to get all of our grouped/posed shots in time. I let Dan take the lead on location and poses, and so glad I did! The lighting and backdrops looked amazing. And the posed shots still looked natural and not too much. During the ceremony/ reception- he was always in the background and never interrupted anything. He was very considerate with his presence. At one point, our DJ forgot to make an announcement and Dan ran up to remind him, which was so kind because that was definitely not his responsibility.

Dan did such an amazing job capturing everything too!!! Looking at the photos, I could relive my wedding day which I love. He took beautiful photos of us getting ready at the hotel, ceremony, reception venue, florals, food, cakes, and majority of our friends and family. And again, like I already said, the candids were absolutely incredible. The emotional moments he captured were remarkable.

All in all, he’s an amazing, artistic photographer. We are so glad we hired him.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/07/2017

Skilled and professional. Photos were perfect! Can't recommend Dan Buckley Photography enough.

Sent on 01/05/2018
    Short North Weddings 4
    Short North Weddings 5
    Short North Weddings 6

Megan · Married on 09/16/2017

Dan and Megan were absolutely AMAZING. To say my husband and I love our photos is an understatement. We literally couldn’t dream up more perfect pictures. Every time we look at them we relive the emotions of that day because they captured every single moment!!! Thank you so much Dan and Megan!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Private · Married on 07/15/2017

Dan and Megan were a great photography team! I was initially concerned about the expense but I can attest they were worth every penny. Not only were the 571 photographs he sent us beautiful, he sent them back way ahead of schedule! I liked a lot of the photos friends sent me on facebook initially, but after looking at Dan's I went as far as to delete all the facebook images off my timeline, it was like night and day, Dan's were much better. I especially liked how original some of the shots were. I didn't want cookie cutter photos of the cake or us getting ready. He got some beautiful photos where he played with the light in the mirror to make us in the foreground and background at the same time. Not only have mine and my husband's profile pictures come from those photos, but my sister and 2 other guests made his photos their profiles too. They were in a unique photography style without overshadowing the subjects being photographed. I couldn't imagine a better way to capture this amazing day.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Beth · Married on 06/10/2017

I absolutely love Dan Buckley Photography!! His photos are amazing and just what I was looking for. I wanted something artistic and unique and that's exactly what I got. I would 100% recommend him to anyone who wants to capture there special day!!

Sent on 04/04/2018

Lora · Married on 10/22/2016

Dan Buckley Photography was amazing to work with on our wedding day and the days leading up to. They were punctual, and just a blast to have around to share in the fun on our big day!! Our pictures were phenomenal!! Couldn't have chosen a better photographer to capture our special day.

Sent on 01/15/2017

Kortney · Married on 10/07/2016

My husband and I were asked a lot after the wedding if we were sad it was over and we ALWAYS said the same thing - the only thing we're sad about is not seeing Dan anymore! ANYONE can edit a photo but it takes true talent to capture a moment. That very talent WILL be reflected in your finished product. Dan is an artist and brings with him talent that belongs in a magazine. He is professional, kind and was never intrusive. Andrew and I didn't even notice he was there - I hired Dan to photograph a brunch I hosted for my bridesmaids, our engagement photos, my bridal shower and obviously our wedding - and yet he captured little moments I didn't know I'd get to relive. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't because it was ALL so perfect and Dan has allowed us to relive every moment of the most fun day of our lives. One of the most impressive moments for us was pre-ceremony when we were taking group photos with both sides of our crazy families. It was unbelievably chaotic and, for me, anxiety filled. I wanted to make sure we got all the pictures with both sides but also needed to get back behind the curtain because guests were showing up. I was nervous to receive our pictures back and scared we didn't get good formal photos - WRONG WRONG WRONG! Dan, being the artist he is, returned to us beautiful photos of us with our families. His talent was on full display in those moments as he took a hectic 20 minutes of formal photos and made sure they looked perfect and we all looked relaxed and easy-going. One would have no idea looking at them that we were pressed for time and we were scrambling to pull this person and that person into the shot. Dan's photos brought us to tears the first time we looked at them (and I cried again the second time I went through them...). We are so happy with our choice and absolutely love Dan and his team!

Sent on 01/08/2017

Alina · Married on 09/21/2016

Very pleased with the photos. I got them back fairly quick, the selection was very good. They were lovely to work with leading up to the wedding and on the day. They knew what needed to be done and I didn't have to worry about anything.

Sent on 10/24/2016

Natalie · Married on 09/17/2016

We are so happy with our decision to have Dan capture our big day. Photography was one of the most important aspects of our wedding so it was a BIG decision who to go with. We decided to use Dan because of his style and portfolio, and we are very happy with our decision! We LOVE our photos and have received so many compliments on them - including that some of them look like they came from a magazine. This style is exactly what we were looking for! He more than delivered the editorial style of photos we wanted, while also capturing all of the normal "wedding moments". The perfect mix! We did the engagement session with Dan, which was a great way for him to get to know us and our comfort levels w/ the camera. On our wedding day, we met Megan - it is incredible how well Dan & Megan work together. It is clear that they have been working together a long time and balance each other perfectly. Dan & Megan were not in our face throughout the day, which was great…and they still ended up capturing every little moment!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kellie · Married on 09/15/2016

So where do I even start? Dan was the first vendor I booked and I knew he was exactly the photographer I wanted from his portfolio. The best advice I can give from my wedding is do not skimp on your photographer and with Dan you will NOT be disappointed. Our pictures were outstanding and he pays so much attention to detail. Honestly, he's a perfectionist and I wanted perfect wedding pictures so it worked out perfectly ( ;) ). When we first received the file to review our pictures we were mind blown. It was like reliving the day all over again. I laughed, cried, and everything in between. Seriously how could you not want to relive your wedding day whenever you want that's what these pictures will do for you. Dan is truly an artist. Communication was a breeze everything went without a hitch. Don't miss out on a chance to have pictures of this caliber!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Britni · Married on 07/16/2016

They were amazing!! My pictures are absolutely beautiful, I couldn't have asked for a better team to capture our wedding. They even made everything in chronological order so I could see what my husband was doing while I was getting ready.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Grace · Married on 06/24/2016

Dan did an amazing job for both our engagement and wedding photos. He and his co-photographer do beautiful and artistic shots that we'll always value. Thanks so much for documenting our day!

Sent on 01/20/2017

Susan · Married on 04/14/2016

Dan was awesome- a total professional and a pleasure to work with the day of our wedding. We met the day before (it was a destination wedding) and gave him an idea of what we wanted them to capture. The day-of, he and his assistant, Megan, were present but not "in our face"- they got a ton of great shots and we began to feel so comfortable with them that we forgot they were even there. It was awesome to see their enthusiasm and excitement when their ideas and their locations worked out exactly as they had hoped. We LOVE our photos and couldn't be happier with our choice to have Dan capture our Vegas wedding- I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/29/2016

Christina · Married on 03/19/2016

I hired Dan 2 days before my elopement, & he was very quick to respond to messages! The day of he was punctual, professional, and very easy to work with! I quickly received my images, & am absolutely thrilled with the results!!! I would recommend his services to anyone!

Sent on 03/25/2016

Ashley · Married on 10/31/2015

Dan was absolutely fantastic! He is very professional as well as easy going. I loved that we picked where we had our engagement photos shot and the amount of time he took so that each picture looked spectacular. I also liked that on the wedding day, he captured so many amazing photos, and he never was in the way. Would highly recommend him to my friends and family on their upcoming nuptials.

Sent on 03/10/2016

With my husband and I being wedding photographers ourselves it was a long process trying to find a photographer we trusted with our big day. After endless hours of searching I narrowed it down to 3 and my husband chose Dan. Him and his assistant were awesome. For some reason I had serious trouble getting most of my vendors to contact me back in a timely manner but Dan was on top of it he always replied almost immediately which was a huge relief to me. All I requested was candid photos and they got some great stuff, plus they took a million photos of our fur babies, I'm super glad we went with him. Thanks for our beautiful photos!

Sent on 01/26/2016

Carissa · Married on 09/18/2015

Dan was so great to work with for both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. We truly appreciated his willingness to take our photos in the frigid cold for our engagement photos and they turned out so great. My husband and I were so ecstatic when were got our wedding photos back - Dan did a fabulous job capturing us and our family and friends on our big day. To me, your photographer is one of the most important vendors on your wedding day and I am so glad that we found Dan Buckley Photography - it was well worth every penny and I feel like we got the biggest bang for our buck!. I've already recommended him to several of our friends getting married in the coming years.

Sent on 01/14/2016

Amy · Married on 08/07/2015

Dan was amazing to work with. My husband was in charge of choosing our photographer as he has more of an eye for that kind of stuff. I did the beginning research and gave him options to chose from. It didn't take him long to decide. Dan's editing is spot on for our taste. It's realistic and sincere. He was very easy to work with and kept my rowdy crew on track the day of the wedding. The best compliment I can give him is how he captures real emotion in his photos. People that were unable to attend the wedding looked through our photographs and felt as though they were there. The only down fall I would say is that they took a bit longer to receive then what was communicated. Although once we received them, we were over the moon. I would definitely recommend Dan Buckley Photography.

Sent on 12/16/2015

Kimmi · Married on 08/01/2015

We absolutely loved Dan and his assistant! The pictures were amazing and Dan and Megan were so friendly and accommodating ( and you could really tell that Dan truly loves what he does! ) I would recommend him to any bride any day!!!!! Thank you so much Dan for the amazing pictures... They are worth more than you know!!!

Sent on 12/01/2015

George · Married on 06/27/2015

For our wedding we were looking for a photographer who would give us a vintage, editorial style look for the record of our day; who would know how to be where he needed to be, and how to stay out of the way; who would work with us to incorporate our ideas into his work; and whose cost was within our budget. We were very glad to find Dan Buckley Photography. Dan’s easygoing attitude belies a keen eye and tremendous talent. For our engagement shoot, he spent several hours exploring spots we had picked out, and even though he had never been in those locations before, he found the perfect shots to capture what we were hoping for. He was thorough and proactive in planning, and on the day of the wedding he and his assistant, Megan, were everywhere they needed to be. The resulting images perfectly captured the beauty of our venues (Laurel Court, and Cincinnati Music Hall) and the emotion of the day. Due to a serious illness, some members of our family weren’t able to attend our ceremony, and Dan worked with us to do a separate shoot at our family’s home, several weeks after the wedding, which allowed us to incorporate those family members into our wedding photographs.

Many people have commented to us that our photographs are among the most beautiful and unique they’ve seen. Dan was a pleasure to work with throughout; he went out of his way to be a true partner with us in capturing the important moments of our wedding day. He returned photographs to us quickly. And he knew how to be in place without being in the way. Dan is the opposite of every photographer horror story you might have heard. We enthusiastically recommend him.

Sent on 11/12/2015

Kelsey · Married on 06/13/2015

We loved everything about our experience with Dan Buckley Photography. He was quick to respond and the quality of pictures we received is amazing! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/10/2015

Dan Buckley was incredibly professional, responsible, and responsive in all of our interactions with him. He is highly-talented and detail-oriented, and we couldn't be more pleased with the overall quality of everything he did for us. We would definitely use Dan again and recommend him to all of our friends and family.

Sent on 07/07/2015

Savannah · Married on 05/02/2015

Great pictures from our wedding! Dan and his assistant were very fun and captured some great moments for us! Highly recommend.

Sent on 06/25/2015

Lindsay · Married on 04/18/2015

All I can say is wow! I truly think there wasn't a single moment or detail Dan and his team didn't catch. But yet, they blended so well the day of the wedding it felt like they weren't even there. My husband and I traditionally don't like to be in front of the camera but Dan made us feel incredibly comfortable and our photos captured that. I had no doubt he would rock it but he absolutely nailed it.

Sent on 05/23/2015