Damon Bilger Weddings Reviews

Damon Bilger Weddings 5
Damon Bilger Weddings 6

Megan · Married on 05/11/2018

highly recommend!

This is a (belated!) review for my May 2018 wedding in Philadelphia, at St. Augustine Church & Fairmount Park Horticultural Center. I used Damon's videography services. Early on I had cut videography out of the budget because the vendors I initially priced out were so expensive and I figured I'd feel awkward watching it anyways. As the wedding date approached, however, I had second thoughts and started looking for some options. Luckily Damon was available for our date! I don't think he had worked at our venues before but he and his partner did an excellent job of capturing the day, without being obtrusive at all. The sound, film, and editing quality far exceeded our expectations! I loved being able to see parts of the wedding we missed, like guests and the groomsmen arriving at the Church, plus some cocktail hour and dance floor moments. My dad mentioned before walking me down the aisle that he wished he could see the other side and I was happy to remind him that we had booked the videographer so we'd be able to see them later! Also, I appreciated the quick turn around time and how easily friends, family, and even my grandmom can access the video online.

Sent on 11/29/2018
  • Jason

Jason · Married on 11/05/2017

Damon was great to work with! He was very accommodating to answer all our questions and put to ease any hesitations we had. He was very personable. He supplied a secondary photographer, Simmone, who was equally pleasant to work with. But ultimately it comes down to the work provided and Damon exceeded our expectations! He was able to get all our requested shots of the wedding parties and family, as well as our individual pictures. Both him and Simone worked diligently and provided great advice for posing and staging. They provided the portrait shots we wanted and came up with some creative and artistic shots which we love. We receive so many compliments on the photos! Damon was also very flexible with payment options and had our photos available shortly after our wedding. Overall, a great experience and we look forward to working with Damon in the future.

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Damon Bilger Weddings 7
    Damon Bilger Weddings 8
    Damon Bilger Weddings 9
    Damon Bilger Weddings 10
    Damon Bilger Weddings 11
    Damon Bilger Weddings 12

Alexandra · Married on 06/24/2017

Damon was great to work with. He made us feel at ease while working with us on our engagement session. He was open to ideas and poses and props, including our pups. We loved how the photos turned out and can't wait to see what our wedding photos will look like next year!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Melissa · Married on 05/20/2017

Selecting Damon to be our wedding photographer was one of the best decisions we made during the wedding planning process. Damon communicated back and forth with us via e-mail and phone prior to the wedding, and he was always prompt in replying. The day of the wedding, Damon arrived at the venue well in advance. During the ceremony and reception, Damon skillfully maneuvered around, catching pictures of everyone and everything we could have asked for. They were so friendly, professional, and just generally wonderful. Any setups we wanted, any amount of people or groups, wherever, whenever, they were completely willing. A couple of weeks after the wedding, Damon sent us the link to our picture gallery, and we were in awe. What a wonderful selection of pictures! So many to choose from, yet all fantastic shots. We really were incredibly pleased with how the pictures turned out, and will definitely treasure them forever. If you’re considering Damon Bilger Photography for your wedding or other event, don’t waste your time looking anywhere else– they’re the right choice. I only hope I have some other big event come up in the next few years so I can do business with them again, it really was that much of a pleasure! In addition, Damon got us our DJ, Curt, who was also amazing! We could not have been happier with Curt. We felt Curt understood us and our kind of music and the kind of atmosphere we were hoping for and we were right, because everything was amazing! We went over our play list and Joe was able to get a good sense of what we wanted. Curt was easy to get in touch with in the weeks and days leading up to our wedding and he always got back to us promptly. Curt remembered everything we requested throughout the evening and it was so great knowing that we didn't have to worry about a thing! The dance floor was always full and people had a great time dancing. So many people came up to us during the wedding and afterwards praising Curt and the music.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Amber · Married on 12/31/2016

Damon was not only a pleasure to work with, his photographs are amazing. During the ceremony and reception we didn't even notice he was around and while looking at the photos we were amazed at all of the fabulous details he captured. He was very professional, extremely talented and the most reasonable pricing of any photographer I spoke with. He also was able to turn around our photos within a week so we were able to enjoy viewing them on our honeymoon.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Christina · Married on 09/11/2016

Damon is very kind and professional! His Photo Booth was a great asset to our wedding, everyone loved that they were able to share their pictures immediately! Definitely book your Photo Booth with him.

Sent on 09/13/2016

Margaret · Married on 02/05/2016

The quality of the photographs from the photo booth were second to none! The creativity that was shown in the layout of the pictures was amazing. They were very tasteful and fun! Our guests have a special memory of our event for years to come. I can't wait to use them again.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Jami · event on 11/24/2015

Damon Bilger has done Christmas and family photos for my daughter and I over the past four years. He has great ideas for capturing a good shot and I really love his work. Being a dad himself he's great with the kids! I've also had the opportunity to see him do some super creative and beautiful work with couples for engagement shoots, this is some of my favorite work by him.

Sent on 04/07/2016

What attracted me to this vendor is that his work is so original and different from all the other pictures I have seen, especially for the cost. Everything went as planned and he was very responsible thru the whole process. It was comforting to know he was always available to talk to and answer all my nervous questions. One of the biggest hits of the wedding reception was the photo booth, my friends are still talking about it. I would recommend him and already have to other family members.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Elesha · Married on 09/19/2015

Damon was very professional and great to work with. He was able to capture everything that I wanted and more! The photobooth was a great addition to the reception. Everyone had a blast with the props and the pictures were a great way to remember the day!

Sent on 03/17/2016

Jamie · Married on 11/12/2009

We started using Damon Bilger for our family portraits in 2012 and are blown away each year by his ability to capture our family. He has an innate ability to capture beautiful moments that would otherwise slip by unnoticed. A special glance, a private look. Amazing quality.

Sent on 04/06/2016

Damon went above and beyond our expectations! He has fantastic ideas and a creative eye.
    Our Wedding proofs are one of a kind and I am so proud of the work he did. He really captured the day and made a true keep sake for us that we will treasure for the rest of our lives. My Partner and I will suggest Damon to all of our friends!

Sent on 04/24/2016

Brittany & Emily · Married on 04/03/2016

Damon is very knowledgeable about the logistics of weddings, and was very helpful to us leading up to the wedding by asking useful questions. He arrived a little early giving us ample time to get the photos that we wanted before the ceremony. At the ceremony, he was helpful in advising us on the smoothest order for things to go in, in terms of family portraits, first dance, and cake cutting. We do wish that during downtime at our wedding he would have taken photos of our guests, but this was not something that we specifically communicated to Damon leading up to the wedding. Damon got our photos back to us within a few days, which blew us away! We love our photos and will cherish them for years to come. If you are looking for a photographer that is professional, knowledgeable, flexible, and pleasant to communicate with, not to mention talented, then Damon is the photographer for you!

Sent on 05/12/2016
  • Natta

Natta · Married on 07/26/2019

Photobooth

We only used this vendor for the photobooth service which was a big hit at our wedding.

Pro:
    -He will send you a link to all the images afterwards. So you don't necessarily have to print all the extras at the same time.
    - you can text the image to your phone from the camera
    -open booth fit 8 people easily

Con:
    -the images on the strips are on the smaller side.
    -fee to change the background design on the strip after the proof was made.

Good to knows:
    - is don't rush to decide on the photo strip décor. Once you pick it, you have to pay a fee to change it.
    - you may want to order some additional photo booth props from amazon or something for added variety.
    - you need at least 8x6 feet of space for the set up.
    -you can order photo booth accessories, frames, photo strip books etc on amazon. not sure if he also sells these items or not, but I already had mine since I knew I wanted a booth.

Sent on 07/31/2019