Dakota Entertainment Reviews

34 | Harrisburg, SD

34 Reviews for Dakota Entertainment

34 Dakota Entertainment Reviews

Toby · Married on 09/13/2016

We were very pleased with DJ Tad and Dakota Entertainment! Everyone is still talking about the fun they had at our reception!

JJ did such an awesome job at our wedding!! We had a somewhat non-traditional reception, and a few odd requests. He was very accommodating and helpful - he asked questions to make sure he understood what we wanted, and everything turned out great! Our reception went perfectly, and I would definitely recommend JJ to others!!
    As a whole, Dakota Entertainment was fairly easy to work with. It took a bit of back and forth initially, but my and my husband's schedules did play into that. Initially, we had paid for uplighting, but then I realized a few days after our wedding that there was no uplighting. I brought the issue to their attention, and they refunded the cost of the uplighting with no problem at all. Overall, we had a great experience!

Katie · Married on 09/26/2015

Almost all of my guests at the wedding dance asked me who our DJ was because he was the best they have ever heard. They all said it was the best dance they have ever been to!! He was great at keeping everyone dancing and interested with his games. If it weren't for JJ we wouldn't have had as much fun as I anticipated! Thanks for making our night very special!

Cassandra · Married on 09/19/2015

DJ Tad was amazing Saturday night at our wedding dance. We all had a blast! Thank you!

Robert · Married on 08/01/2015

We had JJ as our wedding DJ last night and he did an absolutely amazing job. He kept the crowd going all night. And he made sure that the whole event was going the way we wanted it. Could not have been more happy with the outcome. Made our special night unforgettable. Would absolutely recommend him for any event.

DJ Tad was a huge hit at our wedding. He played a great mix of music which included mostly songs we had picked, as well as songs he knew would get people dancing. Thanks for the great time.

We had JJ from Dakota Entertainment for our wedding. He was awesome and kept the crowd going!! We didn't realize how much the actual DJ had to do. He did a phenomenal job and made the reception go smoothly!! We would highly recommend JJ to anyone!!!

We used Garner from Dakota Entertainment and the reception was amazing! He was so accessible and thoughtful through the entire planning and execution of the day. He made the space look gorgeous with his lights and the games we played were so fun! The reception was so fantastic that my husband and I actually received thank you letter from guests telling us how much fun they had!

Amy & Ryan · Married on 09/07/2013

A huge thank you to Andrea for helping make our special day perfect! From the planning to the big day, she was always on top of any questions we had and her insight to the flow of everything was amazing! We never worried about a thing as she kept our guests of all ages entertained and on their feet! Andrea was perfect for us and our large group of wonderful family and friends, thank you!!

Amanda · Married on 07/20/2013

JJ was awesome for our wedding! So much fun and kept the crowd laughing and entertained!

Dee · Married on 07/13/2013

We hired JJ for my daughter's wedding. We had so many guests say this was the funnest reception they had ever been to. Our DJ had every single person in the building on the dance floor shortly after the reception got rolling. I have never seen that happen before. The majority of our guests stayed until midnight when things wrapped up. You will not be disappointed with this company. The only reason this review wasn't written before, is I couldn't find the link to the company once I got back home to Montana.

Great job! Wonderful memories! Thanks so much!

Scott · Married on 07/06/2013

We selected Garner to be our DJ from Dakota Entertainment. He was very easy to work with. We met with him 4 weeks before our wedding day and discussed a time frame, song choices, etc. He did a follow-up phone call the week of the wedding to make sure everything was ready to go. Once we got to the reception we didn't have to worry about a thing as he kept the reception moving right along. Garner worked the crowd all night by taking requests and getting them involved in the reception activities. He kept the crowd entertained and the dance floor packed the entire night. He definitely knows how to keep everyone engaged by playing great music and keeping the night fun. We would HIGHLY recommend Garner and Dakota Entertainment as a DJ service!

Nick · Married on 06/29/2013

JJ from Dakota Entertainment was our DJ for our reception. He helped us plan and brought a lot of ideas to the table to help engage people and keep them on the dance floor. He was responsive to all of our concerns and ideas and very professional throughout the entire process. Alas, it was a gorgeous night out and everyone wanted to be outside on the patio of our venue. JJ didn't give up, he kept on trying and eventually people came back inside to dance. As kind of a last minute decision to go with a DJ instead of live band, I'll have to admit that I was a little worried about what we would get, but my worries were put to rest when we met with JJ for the first time. He took the time to get to know us, listened to what we wanted, suggested things that he thought would be fun...just did an overall great job. He even set up his gear the day before the reception because of the limited window we had to get into the venue the day of our wedding, he didn't want anything to go wrong and did not want to be setting up as guests were arriving. And the night of the reception, he didn't just behind the booth and play music, he entertained the guests and made sure that all of our needs were met. Highly recommended.

James · Married on 06/15/2013

My experience with Dakota Entertainment was top-notch. I dealt with Garner Hansen and Andrea. Garner was very helpful in the initial stages of our contact, making sure to understand exactly what we were looking for in a DJ. He set us up with Andrea, who turned out to be a great fit! Andrea had a lot of ideas for keeping the dance entertaining throughout the whole night: great song selection, dances for the kids, etc. She really listened to what we wanted, and made our reception a memorable time for all of our guests.

Brooke & Jordan · Married on 06/01/2013

Very entertaining, caring, and enthusiastic. Loved everything about our entire day. Also kept the flow of the evening very smooth and we'll kept. Thank you so much!

valerie · Married on 08/11/2012

Garner was very engaging with the entire crowd, asked their input re types of music they wanted to hear which ensured that the entire crowd participated in the dance. Garner was receptive to the desires of the bride and groom and open to their ideas rather than having his own agenda for the dance. This was particularly desireable as too often the dj's have their "scripted music", play their programmed music, and the dance is at best mediocre. This dance was a booming success, over 200 left on the dance floor at the end of the night. Tylenol and ibuprofen profited greatly from this dance..............

Alyxia · Married on 06/02/2012

My wedding was June 02 2012 and we went with Dakota Entertainment. Andrea was our DJ and we also had Brian who helped with our photo booth. They were both amazing. There were a couple last minute adjustments that Andrea fit into the dance very smoothly. We had sooo many compliments on the little games they had especially the Shoelywed Game. So fun! There were also quite a few people who told us that Brian had so much patience with everyone in the photobooth. I would recommend these guys to anybody!

Kelli · Married on 08/27/2011

Our wedding was like one of many nothing goes as plans, thats why we were so glad our dj was right on the money. Garner was able keep things going as planned. We are so happy he was our dj he left us we no worries and if there was anything we wanted he made it happen and more. Thank you dakota entertainment for an amazing night the two of us will never forget. 5 stars does not give them enough credit to how awesome they did!!

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2011

I want to set the record straight about Dakota Entertainment. There was a post by someone who posed to be on this website a month or so ago. The post just trashed Dakota Enertainment and that really irritated me because I want everyone to know that Dakota Enterntainment is one of the best DJ companies in the Sioux Falls area. Garner (the owner) was the DJ at our wedding and he was AMAZING! He was so professional and respectful of everyone at the wedding. My husband and I had such a blast dancing the night away. My husband hates to dance but he actually danced all night at our wedding so that should say something about our DJ! Garner's equipment was in excellent condition and the uplighting was beautiful! I have heard so many raving comments about how awesome of a wedding dance we had. Our wedding guests wanted to keep dancing even after the dance was over. He had people on their feet all night long and we have pictures to prove how much fun people were having. I would HIGHLY recommend Garner and Dakota Entertainment to any Bride and Groom who is looking for a dependable and professional DJ Service. You will NOT be disappointed! To the person who tried to imperssonate me and write a horrible post about Garner....bad move :)

Matt · Married on 09/18/2010

Garner has been a DJ for events in our area for a long time, whether it was high school dances or wedding events. It was a no brainer in having him be our DJ for our wedding last September at Terry Peak.

He was very accommodating, able to get songs we needed for the events, flexible and extremely helpful in coordinating our wedding. He even brought along costumes and props.

Our wedding had people on the dance floor all night long. Garner knows how to keep the crowd involved and keep people interested. There wasn't a dull moment whatsoever and he's one of the best DJs out there. Everyone still talks about how fun our wedding was and it wouldn't have been the same without Garner.

Here are some of the photos of our wedding that Garner took for us:

Denise · Married on 08/15/2009

Dakota Entertainment is by far the best DJ service I have ever experienced! When we were looking for a DJ for our wedding dance, we found Garner and Dakota Entertainment at a bridal show and I knew the minute we started talking that he would be perfect for our wedding. Before we had even booked Garner, he was already planning ideas for our unique barn dance. He was very professional with his business and kept in touch with me throughout the entire wedding planning process. I never had a doubt about his abilities to perform to the crowd that we would have at the dance. When the time finally arrived, Garner had everything under control and in place before we arrived at the reception site. There was never a doubt as to when we were going to be introduced or when the first dance would start. His equipment was top notch and the sound was great! He played every song requested by myself and by our guests. I have never been at a dance where I have had so much fun! We were married over 2 years ago and we are still getting compliments on how exciting our dance was. I cannot thank Garner and Dakota Entertaiment enough for everything they did to make my day so special. We will never forget it!!

Lindsey · Married on 06/26/2009

I can't say enough good things about Garner at Dakota Entertainment. He was so responsive to our needs/preferences and played music we absolutely loved. He was great at reading the crowd and determining what our guests wanted to hear. He had the dance floor PACKED all night long! Garner was also a great emcee. There is nothing more annoying that an obnoxious DJ who tries to be the center of attention all night, but Garner kept the focus on us and our guests and was very funny and entertaining! I would highly recommend Garner at Dakota Entertainment to other brides. He was instrumental in making our reception fun and memorable. Over 2 years after our wedding, people still comment on how fun our dance was.

Steph · Married on 06/16/2007

Dakota Entertainment is by far the best out there in this area Garner Hansen was our DJ at our wedding and was our photographer we got married in Brookings SD in Mccrory Gardens Dakota Entertainment brought everything to the garden set up tore down and made it in time to the reception that's a lot of work for them to do but they did it to make our day special and we couldn't have done it with out them ! Garner was so amazing at the reception...I can remember at the end of the night my husbands uncle saying who is this guy Ive never been to a more exciting reception in my life. I have recommended Garner to all my friends and family my brother in law had them as well and once again he was a HIT!! Our pictures were just as amazing !! we couldn't have had a better day and night thanks Garner for making our day such a memorable day we will never forget. Dakota Entertainment all the way....Ziegeldorf's

Holly · Married on 11/26/2005

For those of you looking for a DJ, look no further. Garner is the man you need! Garner is well organized and will go out of his way to make sure he has all of the music you and your guests will want. Garner had no problem taking time to sit down with my husband and I to discuss what types of music we enjoy and what our families like and dislike before our big day. He did a fabulous job and shared great ideas to make our wedding dance one of a kind! My husband and I were married six years ago, and we still have people talk about how we had the best wedding dance ever. And I cannot leave out the fact that Garner not only is a DJ, but also a photographer. I would not pass this guy up. Were else do you find a DJ and photographer all in one!

Liz · Married on 05/16/2015

We had Jeromy from Dakota Entertainment as our wedding DJ and we were very pleased. A few days before our wedding he sat down with us and went over a detailed plan of the reception, what we wanted, and answered all of our questions. (He even bought this nervous bride a much needed coffee!) On the wedding day he was on time, dressed sharp, and got the whole crowd involved in our dinner games. He ran our slideshow like a champ, and after a few tries with our dwindling crowd, found the songs that got the party going! Very attentive to what we wanted and our guest requests. Last but not least, very professional in handling a confrontational drunk man who wandered into our reception from the hotel.