Da Capo Players Reviews

19 | Costa Mesa, CA

19 Reviews for Da Capo Players

19 Da Capo Players Reviews

Bonnie · Married on 10/18/2016

How fortunate we were to find Da Capo Players. Steve Velez arranged a string quartet that exceeded our expectations on every level. They are an extremely talented group of professionals that are versatile, easy to work with, and have made a lasting impression with everyone attending our wedding ceremony and reception. I strongly recommend Da Capo Players if you are seeking the finest in strings quartet ensembles.

Sincerely, Bonnie and Carl Foltz

Brooke · Married on 08/13/2016

Easy to communicate with and plan. Pricing was fair. Music was exceptional. My other musician was a family member and had a wonderful time playing with Steve. Could not have imagined my ceremony any other way!

Sean · Married on 06/11/2016

A very close family friend arranged for Steve to play at our wedding. Simply put, he made the afternoon magical... not only was he incredibly supportive leading up to the ceremony - understanding, patient, and available with our planning - he was an enormously calming influence the day of, arriving early with extra equipment that we hadn't considered previously, guiding the ceremony with his music so that it flowed naturally. This aside from the fact that his playing was world-class and he's about the nicest guy you're ever going to meet. You'd be silly not to work with him outright - no need to look elsewhere.

Stephanie · Married on 04/09/2016

We booked a string quartet from the Da Capo Players for our wedding. Steve Velez arranged Rachmaninoff's Bogoroditse Devo specially for the bridal procession and it was magical. Each quartet member was very talented with Steve Velez anchoring the group. Not only were they outstanding musicians, but they were also very responsive and easy to work with. I would strongly encourage anyone looking to book ceremony musicians to use the Da Capo Players, especially if you have a fondness for the cello. Steve Velez is without doubt one of the best cellists in the SoCal area!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Da Capo Players's reply:

Stephanie, I can't tell you how exciting it was for me to be part of your wedding. The Rachmaninoff selection you picked will always bring back memories of your magical day. It was so fun to arrange this. Congratulations!!!!!!! Thank you for your kind words. Steve Velez your cellist.

Ray · Married on 01/10/2016

Steve and his team Da Capo Players are quite honestly the finest group of talented musicians around. I was referred to the Da Capo Players through a family friend and moved forward with them, which in hindsight was the smartest move I made outside of choosing my bride of course! I had the pleasure of meeting Steve from the group and he is not only one of the most professional musicians I've come to know, but the friendliest. His primary goal was to make sure our day was unforgettable, and no doubt it was. The group arrived early at the ceremony and played beautifully. We had the group also play during cocktail hour at the reception and from what literally all the guests said, it was magical. If I were to choose a word to describe the ease of working with them, it would be "effortless"; for quality and value, "speechless". As a side note, their inventory of available music is limitless but there was one Bach piece we wanted played during the bridal entrance. Steve had me send him a sample and he was able to get the sheet music just a few days prior. With just a couple days practice, this team played the piece flawlessly, I was shocked. While the bride and I made our rounds at the reception, we were asked by every couple who the quintet was.

If you are looking for an amazing group of talented musicians to play at your wedding or any event, I promise you the Da Capo Players should be your only choice. They are without a doubt absolutely incredible!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Da Capo Players's reply:

WOW Ray!!! Thank you for this review. You both were a treat to work with. It's amazing how much music Bach wrote and yet you found yet this gem. It was wonderful to see you at Mothers Market in Costa Mesa. Lets stay in touch. From your cellist Steve Velez and the Da Capo Players.

Cassie · Married on 09/05/2015

DeCapo Players was amazing. Guests raved of the beautiful music and several hotel guests stopped us following the wedding stating they were on there balconies and enjoyed the music and the sunset as well.

Kellee · Married on 09/13/2014

Da Capo Players played for my sister 5 years ago and they were amazing. I just got married and knew I had to have the same experience. They can play ANYTHING. They are very professional and they personalize the music to make you day extra special.

Ray · Married on 09/21/2013

Steve and his team of Da Capo Players deserve 6 out of 5 stars! They were just wonderful from start to finish. Due to a last minute change in music plans, I needed to find a string duo/trio for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

I am so glad I found Da Capo Players. Steve was very accommodating and professional; and he held quality and presentation of his music as his number one priority. "The ceremony music should be the soundtrack to your wedding."

Guests were very entertained. They came up to us constantly to complement the musicians and selection of classical and pop music. They have quite an expansive list of songs to choose from.

Thank you again, Da Capo Players. You made our evening a night to remember.

Sarah · Married on 06/21/2013

Steve Velez of the Da Capo players was absolutely wonderful and truly made our wedding ceremony complete! He played the cello at our wedding, and the sound was just incredible. Steve completely accommodated our particular requests, adapting specific songs skillfully and thoroughly. His beautiful playing made our wedding truly special and personal. When I walked down the aisle and heard the cello, I could not have been happier: it was exactly what my husband and I wanted. Steve was an absolute pleasure to work with and completely professional and amazingly talented. I only wish that I could have heard all of his playing! Thank you so much Steve - you truly add beauty to this world.

Lee · Married on 05/12/2013

I can make this review really short: the Da Capo players are world-class studio musicians. They put every bit as much care and passion into performing for weddings and other special events as they do while recording the latest Hollywood blockbuster scores.

Full disclosure: I've been friends with the flutist in this ensemble for many years--so it makes sense that I'd call Da Capo for my wedding. Which is lucky for me: there are already too many tough decisions that go into wedding planning. This one was beyond obvious.

For my wife and me (we're both professional composers), they were perfect. That's not a word you'll see much in my other reviews, but here it couldn't be more apt. I'd give 'em 500 stars if I could. They really are as good as it gets.

Leah · Married on 06/08/2012

AMAZING! We could not have been more pleased with the performance. Everything was exactly as we had planned and all went off without any problems. At least, we didn't see them, if there were any. Really pleased and I highly, HIGHLY recommend the Da Capo Players! Thank you for being a part of our wedding! Wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

Russ · Married on 04/04/2009

Da Capo players and their director Steve Velez were amazing. Not only did they do a great job of adding wonderful music to our ceremony and reception, we had some special song requests for some specific moments during the ceremony and they came through. They couldn't find all the music they needed to play some of the songs so they spent their time learning them by listening to the music. They could have just said they couldn't find the music but they went to the extra effort to make it happen. They also came up with some wonderful ideas to add some fun to the event. We couldn't have been more pleased and we highly recommend them.

Sent on 06/19/2009

Da Capo Players's reply:

Thinking back on this wedding day will be unforgettable for us. You both looked so in Love. Your selections were a blast to play. Wishing you the best life can bring. Steve your cellist.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/26/2008

The DaCapo Players are superb. Steve, the manager, is professional, gracious, creative, flexible and very, very easy to work with. These are among some of the finest musicians that I have heard, and I am a professional musician. Great value for the money. Absolutely Top Notch. Would recommend with no hesitations.

Dave · Married on 08/23/2008

We're both classical musicians so we knew what we wanted, and we know good playing. Steve at Da Capo was very accommodating with exactly the pieces we wanted for the ceremony, and made brilliant choices for incidental music at both the ceremony and the reception. The performances were wonderful, capturing exactly the spirit we were looking for. We could not have been happier.

• Janna

Janna · Married on 07/19/2008

Steve Velez and the Da Capo Players made all my dreams come true for our wedding. Steve helped to coordinate all of my ceremony music and musicians. He was a dream to work with. There was no problem too big or too little. A truly flexible professional with many years of experience. You can depend on him to provide the highest quality musicians. His concept of timing for the ceremony is perfect as well. He knows exactly how to coordinate the music with the various ques in the ceremony and works well with a wedding coordinator. I can't recommend him and his accomplished group of musicians highly enough. He can make anything from a small group to a large ensemble work for you. We went for the big ensemble and it was stunning. Thank you.

Bonita · Married on 04/01/2007

Steve was just great and was so helpful. The group played exactly what we asked for. We'd recommend them without hesitation!

Janet · Married on 08/13/2016

Trust his professionalism! Playing with Steve as a member of the bride's family was admittedly uncertain for him and for me, and we had limited time to rehearse, but it was one of the highlights of my professional lifetime in music! He is consummately professional and prepared.

Nikki · Married on 06/21/2008

They did a great job. They blended right into the back ground and provide perfect music.

jayeesh · Married on 01/10/2016

I have seen them at my friends wedding. Awesome job. I remembered my days when I was young. They are truly professional. I don't have the pictures right now, I would definitely would have shared. Sarah, Robin and Steve were Awesome.

Keep it up.