19 Reviews for Da Capo Players

Instrumentals (1)
Liability Insurance (1)
Music During Breaks (1)
19 Da Capo Players Reviews

Easy to communicate with and plan. Pricing was fair. Music was exceptional. My other musician was a family member and had a wonderful time playing with Steve. Could not have imagined my ceremony any other way!

Profile Picture Brooke, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

A very close family friend arranged for Steve to play at our wedding. Simply put, he made the afternoon magical... not only was he incredibly supportive leading up to the ceremony - understanding, patient, and available with our planning - he was an enormously calming influence the day of, arriving early with extra equipment that we hadn't considered previously, guiding the ceremony with his music so that it flowed naturally. This aside from the fact that his playing was world-class and he's about the nicest guy you're ever going to meet. You'd be silly not to work with him outright - no need to look elsewhere.

Profile Picture Sean , 6/11/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cello, Ceremony, Instrumental-Solo

We booked a string quartet from the Da Capo Players for our wedding. Steve Velez arranged Rachmaninoff's Bogoroditse Devo specially for the bridal procession and it was magical. Each quartet member was very talented with Steve Velez anchoring the group. Not only were they outstanding musicians, but they were also very responsive and easy to work with. I would strongly encourage anyone looking to book ceremony musicians to use the Da Capo Players, especially if you have a fondness for the cello. Steve Velez is without doubt one of the best cellists in the SoCal area!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/9/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Cello, Viola, Violin, Ceremony, String-Quartet

Steve and his team Da Capo Players are quite honestly the finest group of talented musicians around. I was referred to the Da Capo Players through a family friend and moved forward with them, which in hindsight was the smartest move I made outside of choosing my bride of course! I had the pleasure of meeting Steve from the group and he is not only one of the most professional musicians I've come to know, but the friendliest. His primary goal was to make sure our day was unforgettable, and no doubt it was. The group arrived early at the ceremony and played beautifully. We had the group also play during cocktail hour at the reception and from what literally all the guests said, it was magical. If I were to choose a word to describe the ease of working with them, it would be "effortless"; for quality and value, "speechless". As a side note, their inventory of available music is limitless but there was one Bach piece we wanted played during the bridal entrance. Steve had me send him a sample and he was able to get the sheet music just a few days prior. With just a couple days practice, this team played the piece flawlessly, I was shocked. While the bride and I made our rounds at the reception, we were asked by every couple who the quintet was.

If you are looking for an amazing group of talented musicians to play at your wedding or any event, I promise you the Da Capo Players should be your only choice. They are without a doubt absolutely incredible!

Profile Picture Ray, 1/10/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music
Services Used: Cello, Piano, Viola, Violin, Winds, String-Quartet, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Instrumentals, Liability Insurance, Music During Breaks

DeCapo Players was amazing. Guests raved of the beautiful music and several hotel guests stopped us following the wedding stating they were on there balconies and enjoyed the music and the sunset as well.

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Da Capo Players played for my sister 5 years ago and they were amazing. I just got married and knew I had to have the same experience. They can play ANYTHING. They are very professional and they personalize the music to make you day extra special.

Profile Picture Kellee, 9/13/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Steve and his team of Da Capo Players deserve 6 out of 5 stars! They were just wonderful from start to finish. Due to a last minute change in music plans, I needed to find a string duo/trio for the ceremony and cocktail hour.

I am so glad I found Da Capo Players. Steve was very accommodating and professional; and he held quality and presentation of his music as his number one priority. "The ceremony music should be the soundtrack to your wedding."

Guests were very entertained. They came up to us constantly to complement the musicians and selection of classical and pop music. They have quite an expansive list of songs to choose from.

Thank you again, Da Capo Players. You made our evening a night to remember.

Profile Picture Ray, 9/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Steve Velez of the Da Capo players was absolutely wonderful and truly made our wedding ceremony complete! He played the cello at our wedding, and the sound was just incredible. Steve completely accommodated our particular requests, adapting specific songs skillfully and thoroughly. His beautiful playing made our wedding truly special and personal. When I walked down the aisle and heard the cello, I could not have been happier: it was exactly what my husband and I wanted. Steve was an absolute pleasure to work with and completely professional and amazingly talented. I only wish that I could have heard all of his playing! Thank you so much Steve - you truly add beauty to this world.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/21/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

I can make this review really short: the Da Capo players are world-class studio musicians. They put every bit as much care and passion into performing for weddings and other special events as they do while recording the latest Hollywood blockbuster scores.

Full disclosure: I've been friends with the flutist in this ensemble for many years--so it makes sense that I'd call Da Capo for my wedding. Which is lucky for me: there are already too many tough decisions that go into wedding planning. This one was beyond obvious.

For my wife and me (we're both professional composers), they were perfect. That's not a word you'll see much in my other reviews, but here it couldn't be more apt. I'd give 'em 500 stars if I could. They really are as good as it gets.

Profile Picture Lee, 5/12/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

AMAZING! We could not have been more pleased with the performance. Everything was exactly as we had planned and all went off without any problems. At least, we didn't see them, if there were any. Really pleased and I highly, HIGHLY recommend the Da Capo Players! Thank you for being a part of our wedding! Wouldn't have wanted it any other way!

Profile Picture Leah, 6/8/12, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Da Capo players and their director Steve Velez were amazing. Not only did they do a great job of adding wonderful music to our ceremony and reception, we had some special song requests for some specific moments during the ceremony and they came through. They couldn't find all the music they needed to play some of the songs so they spent their time learning them by listening to the music. They could have just said they couldn't find the music but they went to the extra effort to make it happen. They also came up with some wonderful ideas to add some fun to the event. We couldn't have been more pleased and we highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Russ, 4/4/09, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

The DaCapo Players are superb. Steve, the manager, is professional, gracious, creative, flexible and very, very easy to work with. These are among some of the finest musicians that I have heard, and I am a professional musician. Great value for the money. Absolutely Top Notch. Would recommend with no hesitations.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 10/26/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

We're both classical musicians so we knew what we wanted, and we know good playing. Steve at Da Capo was very accommodating with exactly the pieces we wanted for the ceremony, and made brilliant choices for incidental music at both the ceremony and the reception. The performances were wonderful, capturing exactly the spirit we were looking for. We could not have been happier.

Profile Picture Dave, 8/23/08, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

Steve Velez and the Da Capo Players made all my dreams come true for our wedding. Steve helped to coordinate all of my ceremony music and musicians. He was a dream to work with. There was no problem too big or too little. A truly flexible professional with many years of experience. You can depend on him to provide the highest quality musicians. His concept of timing for the ceremony is perfect as well. He knows exactly how to coordinate the music with the various ques in the ceremony and works well with a wedding coordinator. I can't recommend him and his accomplished group of musicians highly enough. He can make anything from a small group to a large ensemble work for you. We went for the big ensemble and it was stunning. Thank you.

Profile Picture Janna, 7/19/08, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

Steve was just great and was so helpful. The group played exactly what we asked for. We'd recommend them without hesitation!

Profile Picture Bonita, 4/1/07, 1 Review
Category: Band, Ceremony Music, Unique Services (Other)

Trust his professionalism! Playing with Steve as a member of the bride's family was admittedly uncertain for him and for me, and we had limited time to rehearse, but it was one of the highlights of my professional lifetime in music! He is consummately professional and prepared.

Profile Picture Janet, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music

They did a great job. They blended right into the back ground and provide perfect music.

Profile Picture Nikki , 6/21/08, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music

I have seen them at my friends wedding. Awesome job. I remembered my days when I was young. They are truly professional. I don't have the pictures right now, I would definitely would have shared. Sarah, Robin and Steve were Awesome.

Keep it up.