D2 Entertainment Reviews

32 Reviews for D2 Entertainment

• Ana

Ana Lopez · Married on 10/06/2018

Awesome! Would recommend!

D2 Entertainment provided us with an awesome wedding experience! They were on time, friendly, and went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. Would definitely use them again!

Julie · Married on 09/22/2018

Very flexible and responsive. Our guests loved him!

I would honestly leave more stars if I could.

The only complaint I had from guests were "we didn't get to eat that much at the reception because the DJ was so good, I just kept dancing!".

Darryl has been an absolute pleasure to work with for our wedding reception. We were a destination couple (which had it's own challenges with selecting vendors) from Connecticut and he has been so flexible and continuously made himself available for any question we had. He was also open to online video-chats since we could not meet in person which definitely made the process a lot smoother and in kind made us feel more comfortable.

His online portal was very user-friendly and had an extensive music library; on top of being open to any special song request that he did not have beforehand. My husband and I had quite the variety of music genres on our music request and he nailed it.

He also was very interactive with our guests and timed all events perfectly. We were continuously saying "we're not doing the traditional wedding" which he replied that there is no "traditional" anymore and every couple/wedding is different. The fact that he is able to maneuver around various requests and still put on a great performance with the bride, groom and their guests in mind speaks volumes. I would highly recommend Darryl and D2 Entertainment for your wedding reception!

P.S.- WHO DAT!

Mac · Married on 06/09/2018

What can I say Darryl is a class act. From beginning to end this guy went above and beyond with both his DJ skills and simply caring about our wedding day. The day of went smooth and he kept things moving throughout the reception. Aside from the actual wedding day he was very responsive with the planning process as well. I’m not planning on getting married again but if I was I’d choose his guy every time. Thanks again Darryl!

Ken · Married on 04/21/2018

We contacted many DJs in the greater New Orleans area, and one that immediately stood out to us was Darryl at D2 Entertainment. He was quick to respond to our calls and texts, had great knowledge of the industry, and seemed like a fun person.

Once we put our deposit down Darryl set us up with an easy to use client portal where we were able to list the songs we wanted to be played throughout the ceremony and reception portions of our wedding. We were able to add songs to a “must play” list he had and we were able to add songs to a “definitely do not play” list. The portal made things incredibly easy for us, and ensured we would have a good time during the reception.

From the time we retained Darryl’s services, he was basically available whenever we needed to discuss things. Honestly, he would respond to text messages within a few minutes no matter the time of day. He even came out to the French Quarter to meet us a year before our wedding date when we were in town to meet some other vendors. It’s always a pleasure to work with someone as responsive as Darryl. A few days before our wedding he setup a conference call with us to go over the specifics of the wedding one more time to make sure he had everything in order.

Once the day came Darryl was awesome. He was at our venue a few hours before the ceremony setting things up. He coordinated everything with the venue himself, so he didn’t need to bother us with anything - which allowed my wife and I to focus on the things we needed to focus on.

Darryl had the right music going during the ceremony and kicked us off to the reception in style. Once we got into the reception room he had his setup room he had his setup ready to go and he got the party started. Darryl played us all the hits we requested and there never seemed to be a dull moment during the reception. He was great at reading the crowed to see what people wanted played and he gave the people what they wanted - a great time!

Taylor · Married on 03/17/2018

Absolutely loved every minute of my wedding and reception. Our photo booth was as also great! Loved everything.

Caty · Married on 03/10/2018

We are so lucky we found Darryl/D2 Entertainment. He came highly recommended by our photographer and we were not disappointed. He was very responsive and reliable from the very beginning. He offered up a lot of help since we were an out of state couple - he even set up a video meeting with us! He came to the rehearsal to double check everything and arrived early the day of the wedding. We threw him a curve ball asking for a Grand March, but he handled it great and it went really well! Such a fun night!

Lauren · Married on 02/24/2018

DJ played the perfect songs, and exactly what I asked for !

Stephanie · Married on 01/13/2018

Darryl made our wedding great from beginning to end. He was organized, professional and made everything so easy. I was comfortable and at ease and even let him pick most of the songs, which he did an amazing job at. He was the best part of the wedding! Would def recommend over and over again!

Jamie · Married on 11/18/2017

D2 entertainment was awesome! Very professional and knew exactly what to do in every circumstance. They even provided something extra special for us on our wedding day that wasn’t included! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/10/2017

Thank you !!

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Darryl was so patient and accommodating. Anytime I called or emailed him regarding our wedding he was quick to respond. Not to mention how fun he made our reception. The crowd loved our DJ. I highly recommend D2Entertainment for all your DJ needs!

Karen · Married on 05/13/2017

Darryl is very responsive and easy to work with. He even made a site visit to the venue with us prior to the wedding to make sure things ran smoothly. I also think his rates are very reasonable for the area.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Thank you Karen!

Stacy · Married on 04/08/2017

D2 is amazing..very easy to work with and provides sooo many options for music choices and photo booth! I would choose him for any event!

Toni · Married on 03/18/2017

D2 Entertainment was very professional and fun! I was able to select everything online at my leisure and we met shortly before the wedding in person for a final review. They set up their own time to walk through the venue, set up on time and helped me with a Facebook Live of the ceremony at the last minute!

Sent on 04/16/2017

Thank you Toni !!

Rachel · Married on 03/11/2017

Darryl was an awesome DJ. We met a couple of times before the wedding and it was great getting to know him! He came up to our venue a day early and checked out the space and got his bearings since the wedding was at a private residence. It was great to see how much he cared about our big day. He brought his high school aged son to help out and he was very professional. On the day of the wedding he was set up and ready to go well before our decorations were even all up. He was cool under pressure when he realized I never sent him a definitive timeline... he only had the timeline we had made at one of our earlier meetings! During the ceremony he came and found me to check and confirm times for things like cake, bouquet toss etc. He got so many compliments from our friends and family about how he kept the party going. Everybody had so much fun. He was able to get everybody moving and he even threw in a song that I mentioned in my vows. It showed how much attention he was paying! I would definitely recommend D2 entertainment to anyone for any event.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Thank you !

Kayla · Married on 03/04/2017

Darryl did our wedding in March and he was the best!! He made every detail so easy to deal with. The night of the wedding everyone complimented on how awesome of time of time they were having and how well all the different parts flowed. I would highly recommend him to anyone!!

V · Married on 02/01/2017

Hi Darryl, sorry it's taken so long to do a review!

The DJ services were top notch. I shopped a few places before signing up with Darryl and wouldn't hesitate to recommend him. He took time to meet with us before the wedding, the internet portal was very easy to navigate and made it fun to choose songs, he has a huge selection of music and could get you just about anything. What I enjoyed most was that he was there early to set up, thought of everything we might need, and was flexible during the day. He and his son are professional and have fun personalities! The most important thing was that he was responsive...really accommodating, helpful, and welcoming to us from out of town...he responded within a few hours whether it was phone or email. We had Filipino food, names, and traditions, and he took it all in stride. Felt like Darryl really cared about making sure we all had a great experience.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Thank you Victor!

D2 Entertainment performed the music at my December 10th wedding. I have to say that everything from the initial meeting to before the wedding to discuss the music and aspects of the night, to the actual music the night of, was exceptional! My (now) husband and I had the best night of our lives, thanks in part to D2!

-Katie

Julia · Married on 11/20/2016

D2 Entertainment provided music and a Photo Booth for our reception. Darryl arranged an amazing Photo Booth that entertained our guests all night long and served to provide us with some memorable photos of the evening. The music was spot on and every time I looked to the dance floor there was someone having a great time. Darryl was very responsive before and after the wedding making sure that he had everything he needed set before the big day to ensure that everything ran smoothly and providing us our Photo Booth pictures quickly after the wedding was over. I would highly recommend his services.

Sent on 12/01/2016

Thank you !

Riane · Married on 10/21/2016

Darryl was incredibly helpful. I gave him a detailed plan of how I wanted everything to happen on my wedding day and he followed it and checked up on me periodically throughout the event to make sure everything was going how I wanted. I highly recommend to anyone!

I would like to make note that we do not live locally so we came in from out of town and I was nervous about all of our vendors because I found all of them online, but I was very pleased with his service and felt very comfortable. There were also some services we didn't need so he worked with us on that. Could not have been happier!

Sent on 11/24/2016

Thank you Riane!

Jeremy · Married on 10/01/2016

If you want a DJ who is RESPONSIVE and ACCOMMODATING, then Darryl is your man. He was far and away the most professional, courteous, and flexible VENDOR in our entire wedding. He was a fantastic DJ, he adhered to every one of my requests, and almost just as importantly, my do not play requests! He was IMMEDIATELY responsive to every phone call, email, or text. He showed up hours early, and did not leave until his job was done. I cannot say enough about how happy he made us about choosing him as our DJ. He also provided a fun photo booth and beautiful uplighting. I could tell he was the right choice from the very first phone call with him because he has the customer service skills I wish all wedding vendors had. Darryl is forever golden in my book based on how he came through at our wedding!!!

Sent on 11/01/2016

D2 Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Jeremy ! Had a great time meeting ya'll :)

Samantha · Married on 07/16/2016

D2 was absolutely amazing, played exactly what we wanted, helped in every way possible and remembered all of the small details that we forgot. Couldn't have asked for a better DJ!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Stephen · Married on 05/14/2016

Darryl was amazing!! He sat down with us and tried to get as much understanding of who we are and what we were looking for. He sent several recommendations and took our requests and did exactly what we asked!!! We could not have been more pleased!!! he was very professional, and had some great lighting and the whole set-up!! Highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 06/09/2016

D2 Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Stephen & Mac! You guys were awesome !!

brittany · Married on 04/09/2016

Darryl was an awesome DJ for our wedding! He's very professional but also extremely fun and knew how to keep everyone on the dance floor! We also used the photobooth which was a big hit. Overall, he made everything so much simpler for me and we couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Highly recommend :)

Sent on 05/02/2016

Thank you Brittany !!

Our wedding was re-arranged due to weather and Darryl did a phenomenal job, had a great attitude, and set up the music well to make our wedding a very memorable event. He played all the music requested and more. He also includes a great AV set to help make the music sound great when played. Highly recommend choosing Darryl for any event. He will assist with all the accommodations well!!