D & J DJ Service Reviews

D & J DJ Service 4
D & J DJ Service 5
  • Brandy

Brandy · Getting married on 07/18/2020

Although I had to cancel my wedding I still had Don play at the would be event that I turned into something else and it was fantastic! He absolutely MADE the party by the music he played and kept all the guests dancing and having a good time! When I do get married he will be the DJ I book, AGAIN, with no regard! Thanks Don!
    -Brandy

Sent on 01/11/2010

Lauren Shupe · Married on 10/11/2019

Professional & Great DJ

My husband and I hired D & J DJ service for our October wedding ceremony and reception. Don made the process easy with his beautiful presentation and easy to complete paperwork. They exceeded any hopes we had, thanks to the exceptional talent and professionalism of DJ Mac. Every single song was 100% perfect, and my guests and I danced from start to finish. DJ Mac has a great deal of experience in DJing weddings and it showed in the seamless, effortless way he directed our celebration.

Sent on 10/15/2019

Dennis C · Married on 09/28/2019

Father of the Bride

Don was very professional. He had a well thought out plan that he stayed flexible with and keep the night going and on course. He was engaged with the crowd dancing and keep them popping. I would hire Don again.

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 09/28/2019

Experience was great! So happy!!!

We are so happy to have chosen D & J. We had shopped around and was very unhappy with how we were treated by other companies. But this company came highly recommended. We met with Don and he took time to explain the whole process! We had Sean as our DJ and wow! EVERYONE loved him! He read the crowd and played the music I wanted! I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/21/2019

The dance floor was packed all night long

Just want to be the first to say the Steve was the best. He had the dance floor packed all night long and people who never dance were dancing. My venue owner even said he was the best one she has had there and his choice and location of uplighting was beautiful. She asked for his information so that she could recommend him and your company to future brides. I will be using him and D & J again.

Sent on 09/25/2019

Rebecca Genshaw · Married on 09/14/2019

Great DJ Service

Didn’t have to worry about a thing at my daughter’s wedding. Mac did a great job. He kept the dance floor full and the event moving at a wonderful pace.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Corina

Corina · Married on 07/06/2019

Great DJ!!

We had Greg DJ our wedding and he was great! Our guests were dancing the whole night which was our number one goal. We also went with up-lighting which totally transformed the room and I totally recommend! Greg called a week before the wedding to make sure he had all the correct songs and knew the correct pronunciation for each person in our bridal party. He introduced all of the dances, toasts, and made sure our night went smoothly. He was a great and fun guy to work with and I highly recommend him!! Many of our guests mentioned that we had the best music and really enjoyed our wedding!

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Raquel

Raquel · Married on 05/25/2019

The most fun ever!

Our DJ Sean was very professional and did a great job getting our guests on the dance floor. He even had my son spin a little something on his table. Cannot thank them enough for a great turnout.

Sent on 05/26/2019

Alissa · Married on 05/04/2019

Professional and Excellent Job

We hired DJ Don for our wedding reception at Rockwood Carriage House. DJ Don was able to cater to multiple types of music preferences and was flexible with changes in our wedding reception. He was able to play music that got lots of people dancing. We received many compliments and would highly recommend.

Sent on 06/23/2019

Mary · Married on 03/30/2019

Professional, responsive, and FUN

Don was the DJ at our wedding on March 30, 2019 and I really can't express enough how amazing he was! He was so helpful in the process of planning and was able to guide us in finding what suited us best. He was thorough, helpful, responds almost immediately to any form of communication, and was able to find (and play!) every song we requested.
    Don read the room so well and played the right music for every moment. He made sure we were having a good time and would change up the music depending on the situation and who was dancing.
    He handled the speeches and the special dances really well!

Overall, Don was the BEST choice and I couldn't have been happier with his work and how our big day turned out.
    HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Thank you!!

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/27/2018

Everything and more!

Don is an amazing DJ! You would not be disappointed with his services! Upon the first meeting, he demonstrates his skills and expertise by playing music and making suggestions about what types of music works well with each part of the reception: dinner into dancing! He also has a lot of uplighting to create any atmosphere you want during dinner and party with dancing! He's very responsive to your thousands of emails and very communicative! He allows you to dictate the type of reception and party you want and helps you when your brain can no longer think with decision-making! He's a very personable person and exhibits that on the dance floor! During our reception, he was interacting with our family and friends, making it fun experience! I've still gotten plenty of compliments on what a wonderful job Don did and how much fun the party was! I wouldn't look any where else!

Sent on 11/08/2018

Jeremy Richardson · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Sean McKeown was absolutely phenomenal! All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night, and Sean was on point with all of the events that happened throughout the day/night. I HIGHLY recommend them to anybody who is looking for a DJ!!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Lisa · Married on 09/29/2018

"Best DJ Ever"

Don Timlin was the DJ for our wedding at the Patio at Archmere, and he did a fantastic job! I was concerned about the acoustics at the Patio since the walls are all marble. He went out of his way to ensure that the acoustics would be as good as possible on the day of the wedding. When he realized that he (rather than one of his other DJs) had the best equipment for our venue, but was a little out of our price range, he was even flexible about price to make sure his company provided us with the best sound possible. And they did - no one had issues hearing the speeches or music at the reception. But beyond the sound, the actual music was great! He could read the crowd fantastically - everyone from the flower girls, to our friends, to our family and grandparents were up on the dance floor having a great time. Multiple people asked for Don's name and said he was one of the best DJs they had ever heard. If you have friends and family who love to dance, you will not be disappointed with D&J DJs!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2018

Don recommended his right hand man Steve for my wedding & let me tell you he is AWESOME!! Steve kept all of my guests on the dance floor the entire reception, the guests loved him and mentioned how much fun they had. I would recommend D&J DJ service to every bride & groom!!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Corrine · Married on 08/18/2018

There was not a single person in there seat on my wedding night. Steve had everyone dancing and having a great time. Added some photos so you can see the lighting display we had (can't recommend enough!!).

Sent on 09/27/2018
    D & J DJ Service 6
    D & J DJ Service 7
    D & J DJ Service 8

Diana · Married on 08/11/2018

Don meets with you ahead of time and helps you to determine exactly what works for you. He will connect you with a DJ whom he thinks is right for you. We had a wonderful experience with Sean. This DJ service is professional and well organized. They want you to have the best experience possible.

Sent on 08/22/2018
  • Alexis

Alexis · Married on 06/30/2018

We could not have asked for a better DJ. Don was helpful from the very beginning. Even with a few "issues" we came across, he was quick and accommodating to make sure everything was perfect for us. People did not leave the dance floor all night. We even asked him last minute to stay longer than planned because we were having so much fun, which he was happy to do! Thanks Don!!

Sent on 07/20/2018
    D & J DJ Service 9

Christine · Married on 06/16/2018

We can not day enough good things about things about these guys! The music was incredible :) Almost every single guest commented on how awesome the DJ was — thank you Greg for doing such an amazing job!! The dance floor was packed all night and we all had the time of our lives! I can’t tell you how many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to — we all know a big part of that is the music :) Matt was especially appreciative of you letting him hop up and sing — that was such a cool moment for him. We are so appreciative of all Don & Greg did to help plan & make our day a reality — would 100% recommend this company!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Alexis · Married on 05/04/2018

My husband and I had heard Don at 2 of our friend’s weddings and made the comment to each other “if we ever get married, let’s hire this guy”...we’ll we got married this past Friday and had the pleasure of having Don DJ for us. We couldn’t have been happier! He kept everyone dancing (including my grandfather, which is hard to do) and he actually helped calm my nerves when I get like I was freaking out before walking down the isle. I looked over and there he was with the biggest smile and and a double thumbs up. He had me chuckling and really helped me have a great time. Plus we got the uplighting extra and I requested that he “duplicate a sunset in our tent”. He didn’t disappoint. The entire tent was alive with bright orange glow that changed as the night went on till we had laser lights and pumping bass. I really can’t say enough. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Don’t even look anywhere else.

Sent on 05/06/2018

Samantha · Married on 04/27/2018

Don was so great to work with, he kept our uplighting classy, kept everyone on the dance floor and made our ceremony and reception absolutely perfect! He went above and beyond and even collaborated with our cousins so that they could perform during our reception. We cannot recommend him enough to DJ your special day. He even had us over to us studio to go through a list of tracks prior to the wedding to make sure he hit our musical style spot on. We had a blast and didn’t have to worry about a thing, thanks don!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Katie · Married on 12/23/2017

We hired D&J DJ Service after speaking with Don at the Chesapeake Inn Ballroom bridal open house. Don was great every time we reached out to him - he helped us get through the initial set up of the contract and a general idea of what we wanted. He paired one of his DJ's with us based on how he thought the personalities would fit and what we were looking for as far as music, so it felt very personalized. Extremely professional and easy to work with.

Our actual DJ for the wedding was DJ Steve Carroll, and all I can say is - WOW. What an awesome guy! He called us several days before the wedding to touch base and make sure we were comfortable with everything and that there were no changes to the music line up. He gave us advice on what to do the night of, assured us that he'd make sure the officiant was miked up if needed, and generally just put us at ease in those last few stressful days of tying up loose ends.

He managed the uplighting for the ballroom, had the equipment out and up seamlessly.

During the wedding, he managed the music for the ceremony and reception and was just awesome. He took all of the cues and helped us along while working with the venue coordinator to make sure we were on time and where we were supposed to be. He made sure to check with us on name pronunciations, played along when I (the bride) fumbled the intro and first dance start, and generally was just an all-around awesome guy to have leading the night.

There aren't enough stars to give for this! We are so more than happy with the service we got that we will be recommending D&J and specifically DJ Steve to everyone we come across.

Sent on 12/29/2017

Jenni · Married on 11/25/2017

Steve did a good job. He played a lot of the song choices we provided and kept the crowd dancing.

Sent on 12/03/2017

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Steve was amazing at our wedding last night! He kept everyone on the dance floor, organized the event and even went above to have staff fix issues with things like my favors! He is awesome and I would use him again!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Annie · Married on 10/21/2017

Don from D&J was so accommodating for our wedding day! Everything from the uplighting to the music was absolutely perfect! He kept the dance floor full & our wedding guests happy! He even snuck in a special song for us at the end of the night! Thank you Don! Great job on our wedding day!

Sent on 06/08/2018
    D & J DJ Service 10

Sara · Married on 10/20/2017

Don is the BEST DJ ever!!! The dance floor was packed the whole night and guests have been talking about the DJ for weeks now. We got married 10/20/2017 at Thousand Acre Farm and Don made the night a night to remember for sure!! From the first time we met Don, we knew he would do an awesome job!! We met with him for an hour or so and he walked us through his DJ style and took the time to understand what we wanted. He is truly the best ever!!!

Sent on 11/12/2017