D & J DJ Service Reviews

111 D & J DJ Service Reviews
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/27/2018

Everything and more!

Don is an amazing DJ! You would not be disappointed with his services! Upon the first meeting, he demonstrates his skills and expertise by playing music and making suggestions about what types of music works well with each part of the reception: dinner into dancing! He also has a lot of uplighting to create any atmosphere you want during dinner and party with dancing! He's very responsive to your thousands of emails and very communicative! He allows you to dictate the type of reception and party you want and helps you when your brain can no longer think with decision-making! He's a very personable person and exhibits that on the dance floor! During our reception, he was interacting with our family and friends, making it fun experience! I've still gotten plenty of compliments on what a wonderful job Don did and how much fun the party was! I wouldn't look any where else!

Jeremy Richardson · Married on 10/13/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Sean McKeown was absolutely phenomenal! All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night, and Sean was on point with all of the events that happened throughout the day/night. I HIGHLY recommend them to anybody who is looking for a DJ!!

Lisa · Married on 09/29/2018

"Best DJ Ever"

Don Timlin was the DJ for our wedding at the Patio at Archmere, and he did a fantastic job! I was concerned about the acoustics at the Patio since the walls are all marble. He went out of his way to ensure that the acoustics would be as good as possible on the day of the wedding. When he realized that he (rather than one of his other DJs) had the best equipment for our venue, but was a little out of our price range, he was even flexible about price to make sure his company provided us with the best sound possible. And they did - no one had issues hearing the speeches or music at the reception. But beyond the sound, the actual music was great! He could read the crowd fantastically - everyone from the flower girls, to our friends, to our family and grandparents were up on the dance floor having a great time. Multiple people asked for Don's name and said he was one of the best DJs they had ever heard. If you have friends and family who love to dance, you will not be disappointed with D&J DJs!

Danielle · Married on 09/08/2018

Don recommended his right hand man Steve for my wedding & let me tell you he is AWESOME!! Steve kept all of my guests on the dance floor the entire reception, the guests loved him and mentioned how much fun they had. I would recommend D&J DJ service to every bride & groom!!

Corrine · Married on 08/18/2018

There was not a single person in there seat on my wedding night. Steve had everyone dancing and having a great time. Added some photos so you can see the lighting display we had (can't recommend enough!!).

D & J DJ Service 1
    D & J DJ Service 2
    D & J DJ Service 3

Diana · Married on 08/11/2018

Don meets with you ahead of time and helps you to determine exactly what works for you. He will connect you with a DJ whom he thinks is right for you. We had a wonderful experience with Sean. This DJ service is professional and well organized. They want you to have the best experience possible.

• Alexis

Alexis · Married on 06/30/2018

We could not have asked for a better DJ. Don was helpful from the very beginning. Even with a few "issues" we came across, he was quick and accommodating to make sure everything was perfect for us. People did not leave the dance floor all night. We even asked him last minute to stay longer than planned because we were having so much fun, which he was happy to do! Thanks Don!!

D & J DJ Service 4

Christine · Married on 06/16/2018

We can not day enough good things about things about these guys! The music was incredible :) Almost every single guest commented on how awesome the DJ was — thank you Greg for doing such an amazing job!! The dance floor was packed all night and we all had the time of our lives! I can’t tell you how many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to — we all know a big part of that is the music :) Matt was especially appreciative of you letting him hop up and sing — that was such a cool moment for him. We are so appreciative of all Don & Greg did to help plan & make our day a reality — would 100% recommend this company!

Alexis · Married on 05/04/2018

My husband and I had heard Don at 2 of our friend’s weddings and made the comment to each other “if we ever get married, let’s hire this guy”...we’ll we got married this past Friday and had the pleasure of having Don DJ for us. We couldn’t have been happier! He kept everyone dancing (including my grandfather, which is hard to do) and he actually helped calm my nerves when I get like I was freaking out before walking down the isle. I looked over and there he was with the biggest smile and and a double thumbs up. He had me chuckling and really helped me have a great time. Plus we got the uplighting extra and I requested that he “duplicate a sunset in our tent”. He didn’t disappoint. The entire tent was alive with bright orange glow that changed as the night went on till we had laser lights and pumping bass. I really can’t say enough. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Don’t even look anywhere else.

Samantha · Married on 04/27/2018

Don was so great to work with, he kept our uplighting classy, kept everyone on the dance floor and made our ceremony and reception absolutely perfect! He went above and beyond and even collaborated with our cousins so that they could perform during our reception. We cannot recommend him enough to DJ your special day. He even had us over to us studio to go through a list of tracks prior to the wedding to make sure he hit our musical style spot on. We had a blast and didn’t have to worry about a thing, thanks don!

Katie · Married on 12/23/2017

We hired D&J DJ Service after speaking with Don at the Chesapeake Inn Ballroom bridal open house. Don was great every time we reached out to him - he helped us get through the initial set up of the contract and a general idea of what we wanted. He paired one of his DJ's with us based on how he thought the personalities would fit and what we were looking for as far as music, so it felt very personalized. Extremely professional and easy to work with.

Our actual DJ for the wedding was DJ Steve Carroll, and all I can say is - WOW. What an awesome guy! He called us several days before the wedding to touch base and make sure we were comfortable with everything and that there were no changes to the music line up. He gave us advice on what to do the night of, assured us that he'd make sure the officiant was miked up if needed, and generally just put us at ease in those last few stressful days of tying up loose ends.

He managed the uplighting for the ballroom, had the equipment out and up seamlessly.

During the wedding, he managed the music for the ceremony and reception and was just awesome. He took all of the cues and helped us along while working with the venue coordinator to make sure we were on time and where we were supposed to be. He made sure to check with us on name pronunciations, played along when I (the bride) fumbled the intro and first dance start, and generally was just an all-around awesome guy to have leading the night.

There aren't enough stars to give for this! We are so more than happy with the service we got that we will be recommending D&J and specifically DJ Steve to everyone we come across.

Jenni · Married on 11/25/2017

Steve did a good job. He played a lot of the song choices we provided and kept the crowd dancing.

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

Steve was amazing at our wedding last night! He kept everyone on the dance floor, organized the event and even went above to have staff fix issues with things like my favors! He is awesome and I would use him again!

Annie · Married on 10/21/2017

Don from D&J was so accommodating for our wedding day! Everything from the uplighting to the music was absolutely perfect! He kept the dance floor full & our wedding guests happy! He even snuck in a special song for us at the end of the night! Thank you Don! Great job on our wedding day!

D & J DJ Service 5

Sara · Married on 10/20/2017

Don is the BEST DJ ever!!! The dance floor was packed the whole night and guests have been talking about the DJ for weeks now. We got married 10/20/2017 at Thousand Acre Farm and Don made the night a night to remember for sure!! From the first time we met Don, we knew he would do an awesome job!! We met with him for an hour or so and he walked us through his DJ style and took the time to understand what we wanted. He is truly the best ever!!!

Karlee · Married on 10/07/2017

My DJ was with Sean and I can't express how amazing our wedding was this past weekend with Sean. The dance floor was never empty, and when he noticed a song being too dry, he instantly changed it and the party continued. My favorite was when he invited one of my nephews to come up and help him "DJ". A Whole week later and he is still talking about how he was a DJ at my wedding! Sean was amazing, he was contantly making sure Steve and I had what we needed, and even walking around making sure my guest were ok. Thank you so much for picking Sean to be our DJ! You certainly have a good thing going with him. And thank you Don with such a professional but family like environment!!

Steve & Karlee McGinnis

Lara · Married on 09/16/2017

Sean did such an
    exceptional job at our wedding! I can't say enough good things about the
    experience we had; the music at our wedding was just absolutely perfect. The song selection was fun and inclusive for everyone and I have gotten dozens of compliments from our friends and family. Sean made every part of the process easy and stress free, and he was so professional and laid back the day of the wedding. Even my dad said it was the best party he has ever been to and that is incredibly high praise coming from him :) Thank you D and J DJ Services for giving us our dream wedding!

Ellie · Married on 09/09/2017

Greg was our dj. We met with don in advance and spoke with Greg the weekend of the wedding to square all the details away. He showed up early, got everything right and absolutely killed it. Everyone danced the whole night. We got so many compliments. The way they mix the music is great. Highly recommend

Sarah · Married on 07/28/2017

Don was wonderful!! I gave him a hefty list and he made sure the songs I wanted played were definitely played. He even called me a few days prior to make sure I was doing alright and helped me through a dilemma not even DJ related! Our guests kept talking about how much fun they had and how awesome the DJ was. He played a great mix that kept our dancefloor packed the entire night!!!

Heather · Married on 06/03/2017

I can't say enough good things about Don and Greg!!! Don was awesome to work with scheduling and planning and also very patient. Greg did a great job at our reception!!! He had people on the dance floor at all times. We discussed likes and dislikes and he did a great job of playing for our crowd!!!

Ashley · Married on 05/06/2017

Don from D & J was the absolute best. He really worked with us to customize our wedding package to make sure it was everything we wanted and more. The day of the wedding, the ballroom up lighting was absolutely perfect and the dance floor was packed all night long. He played all of the perfect songs at the perfect times. If you want to make sure your wedding is a hit and everyone is having a blast, I would definitely recommend Don & the D & J team.

Joe · Married on 04/22/2017

Book this DJ and make sure it's the owner he is the BEST DJ we could have had for our Daughter's wedding.

Nicole · Married on 09/10/2016

Some folks were weary about me choosing D&J DJ Services for my big day, but I can't see how I could have had a better DJ! DJ Steve is one of many DJ's that Don has in his portfolio. He matches the couple with a DJ that he believes will fit their style, wants, and needs. Don matched us up PERFECTLY. Steve Carroll was an amazing DJ who received many kudos from guests and had us dancing and on schedule all day long. The price was excellent and the forms we filled out ahead of time were extremely helpful for organizing the music selections. A+!

Sheryl · Married on 08/20/2016

DJ Don is AMAZING!!!!! You would be sorry if you didn't choose him as your DJ for your wedding. He is friendly, REALLY nice, REALLY knows his music and how to get the party started!!! I am really impressed with his service, his knowledge of music and his ability to create a wonderful time! Because of him, we had am amazing day!!! We used D&JDJ Service for both my daughters weddings :-))