107 Reviews for D & J DJ Service

Consultation (19)
MC (18)
Liability Insurance (5)
106 D & J DJ Service Reviews

Don recommended his right hand man Steve for my wedding & let me tell you he is AWESOME!! Steve kept all of my guests on the dance floor the entire reception, the guests loved him and mentioned how much fun they had. I would recommend D&J DJ service to every bride & groom!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/8/18, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Don meets with you ahead of time and helps you to determine exactly what works for you. He will connect you with a DJ whom he thinks is right for you. We had a wonderful experience with Sean. This DJ service is professional and well organized. They want you to have the best experience possible.

Profile Picture Diana, 8/11/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We could not have asked for a better DJ. Don was helpful from the very beginning. Even with a few "issues" we came across, he was quick and accommodating to make sure everything was perfect for us. People did not leave the dance floor all night. We even asked him last minute to stay longer than planned because we were having so much fun, which he was happy to do! Thanks Don!!

Profile Picture Alexis, 6/30/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

We can not day enough good things about things about these guys! The music was incredible :) Almost every single guest commented on how awesome the DJ was — thank you Greg for doing such an amazing job!! The dance floor was packed all night and we all had the time of our lives! I can’t tell you how many guests said it was the best wedding they had ever been to — we all know a big part of that is the music :) Matt was especially appreciative of you letting him hop up and sing — that was such a cool moment for him. We are so appreciative of all Don & Greg did to help plan & make our day a reality — would 100% recommend this company!

Profile Picture Christine, 6/16/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I had heard Don at 2 of our friend’s weddings and made the comment to each other “if we ever get married, let’s hire this guy”...we’ll we got married this past Friday and had the pleasure of having Don DJ for us. We couldn’t have been happier! He kept everyone dancing (including my grandfather, which is hard to do) and he actually helped calm my nerves when I get like I was freaking out before walking down the isle. I looked over and there he was with the biggest smile and and a double thumbs up. He had me chuckling and really helped me have a great time. Plus we got the uplighting extra and I requested that he “duplicate a sunset in our tent”. He didn’t disappoint. The entire tent was alive with bright orange glow that changed as the night went on till we had laser lights and pumping bass. I really can’t say enough. Amazing, amazing, amazing. Don’t even look anywhere else.

Profile Picture Alexis, 5/4/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Don was so great to work with, he kept our uplighting classy, kept everyone on the dance floor and made our ceremony and reception absolutely perfect! He went above and beyond and even collaborated with our cousins so that they could perform during our reception. We cannot recommend him enough to DJ your special day. He even had us over to us studio to go through a list of tracks prior to the wedding to make sure he hit our musical style spot on. We had a blast and didn’t have to worry about a thing, thanks don!

Profile Picture Samantha, 4/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

We hired D&J DJ Service after speaking with Don at the Chesapeake Inn Ballroom bridal open house. Don was great every time we reached out to him - he helped us get through the initial set up of the contract and a general idea of what we wanted. He paired one of his DJ's with us based on how he thought the personalities would fit and what we were looking for as far as music, so it felt very personalized. Extremely professional and easy to work with.

Our actual DJ for the wedding was DJ Steve Carroll, and all I can say is - WOW. What an awesome guy! He called us several days before the wedding to touch base and make sure we were comfortable with everything and that there were no changes to the music line up. He gave us advice on what to do the night of, assured us that he'd make sure the officiant was miked up if needed, and generally just put us at ease in those last few stressful days of tying up loose ends.

He managed the uplighting for the ballroom, had the equipment out and up seamlessly.

During the wedding, he managed the music for the ceremony and reception and was just awesome. He took all of the cues and helped us along while working with the venue coordinator to make sure we were on time and where we were supposed to be. He made sure to check with us on name pronunciations, played along when I (the bride) fumbled the intro and first dance start, and generally was just an all-around awesome guy to have leading the night.

There aren't enough stars to give for this! We are so more than happy with the service we got that we will be recommending D&J and specifically DJ Steve to everyone we come across.

Profile Picture Katie , 12/23/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Steve did a good job. He played a lot of the song choices we provided and kept the crowd dancing.

Profile Picture Jenni, 11/25/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Steve was amazing at our wedding last night! He kept everyone on the dance floor, organized the event and even went above to have staff fix issues with things like my favors! He is awesome and I would use him again!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Lighting & Decor

Don from D&J was so accommodating for our wedding day! Everything from the uplighting to the music was absolutely perfect! He kept the dance floor full & our wedding guests happy! He even snuck in a special song for us at the end of the night! Thank you Don! Great job on our wedding day!

Photo for D & J DJ Service Review - Beautiful uplighting under our sweetheart table!
Profile Picture Annie, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Uplighting

Don is the BEST DJ ever!!! The dance floor was packed the whole night and guests have been talking about the DJ for weeks now. We got married 10/20/2017 at Thousand Acre Farm and Don made the night a night to remember for sure!! From the first time we met Don, we knew he would do an awesome job!! We met with him for an hour or so and he walked us through his DJ style and took the time to understand what we wanted. He is truly the best ever!!!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/20/17, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My DJ was with Sean and I can't express how amazing our wedding was this past weekend with Sean. The dance floor was never empty, and when he noticed a song being too dry, he instantly changed it and the party continued. My favorite was when he invited one of my nephews to come up and help him "DJ". A Whole week later and he is still talking about how he was a DJ at my wedding! Sean was amazing, he was contantly making sure Steve and I had what we needed, and even walking around making sure my guest were ok. Thank you so much for picking Sean to be our DJ! You certainly have a good thing going with him. And thank you Don with such a professional but family like environment!!

Steve & Karlee McGinnis

Profile Picture Karlee, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews

Sean did such an
exceptional job at our wedding! I can't say enough good things about the
experience we had; the music at our wedding was just absolutely perfect. The song selection was fun and inclusive for everyone and I have gotten dozens of compliments from our friends and family. Sean made every part of the process easy and stress free, and he was so professional and laid back the day of the wedding. Even my dad said it was the best party he has ever been to and that is incredibly high praise coming from him :) Thank you D and J DJ Services for giving us our dream wedding!

Profile Picture Lara, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Greg was our dj. We met with don in advance and spoke with Greg the weekend of the wedding to square all the details away. He showed up early, got everything right and absolutely killed it. Everyone danced the whole night. We got so many compliments. The way they mix the music is great. Highly recommend

Profile Picture Ellie, 9/9/17, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Don was wonderful!! I gave him a hefty list and he made sure the songs I wanted played were definitely played. He even called me a few days prior to make sure I was doing alright and helped me through a dilemma not even DJ related! Our guests kept talking about how much fun they had and how awesome the DJ was. He played a great mix that kept our dancefloor packed the entire night!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 7/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

I can't say enough good things about Don and Greg!!! Don was awesome to work with scheduling and planning and also very patient. Greg did a great job at our reception!!! He had people on the dance floor at all times. We discussed likes and dislikes and he did a great job of playing for our crowd!!!

Profile Picture Heather, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Don from D & J was the absolute best. He really worked with us to customize our wedding package to make sure it was everything we wanted and more. The day of the wedding, the ballroom up lighting was absolutely perfect and the dance floor was packed all night long. He played all of the perfect songs at the perfect times. If you want to make sure your wedding is a hit and everyone is having a blast, I would definitely recommend Don & the D & J team.

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Book this DJ and make sure it's the owner he is the BEST DJ we could have had for our Daughter's wedding.

Profile Picture Joe, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Some folks were weary about me choosing D&J DJ Services for my big day, but I can't see how I could have had a better DJ! DJ Steve is one of many DJ's that Don has in his portfolio. He matches the couple with a DJ that he believes will fit their style, wants, and needs. Don matched us up PERFECTLY. Steve Carroll was an amazing DJ who received many kudos from guests and had us dancing and on schedule all day long. The price was excellent and the forms we filled out ahead of time were extremely helpful for organizing the music selections. A+!

Profile Picture Nicole, 9/10/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

DJ Don is AMAZING!!!!! You would be sorry if you didn't choose him as your DJ for your wedding. He is friendly, REALLY nice, REALLY knows his music and how to get the party started!!! I am really impressed with his service, his knowledge of music and his ability to create a wonderful time! Because of him, we had am amazing day!!! We used D&JDJ Service for both my daughters weddings :-))

Profile Picture Sheryl, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Greg was amazing and so easy to work with. We received compliments from our guests on how involved and on top of everything he was. We would recommend D&J to future brides for sure!! We will use them for our next event =]

Profile Picture User6897600, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

D&J DJ Service was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend using them for your wedding! Don (the owner of the business) is absolutely fantastic and so easy to work with. When interacting with Don you can easily observe how much he enjoys being a DJ and working with other DJ's to provide you with the best DJ that fits your style as a couple. We were able to listen to Don DJ as well as listen to clips he had from his other DJ's to assist with picking the DJ that worked best for us. My husband and I were paired with Greg and he blew it out of the water. Greg played exactly what we liked and worked really well with our wild and crazy wedding party. We also had uplighting in our reception room and Greg did an amazing job at setting up the lighting appropriately to where it looked very elegant during cocktail hour and dinner service then had the lights going for dancing! Our ceremony was also supposed to be outside until it had to be moved to inside due to rain. There was no problem with the last minute changes regarding our ceremony and Greg pulled everything off smoothly. My husband and I were very pleased with D&J DJ Service and there is not one compliant I could say about them. My husband and I could not have had a better night and we can absolutely thank D&J DJ Service for having our wedding be perfect!

Profile Picture Stefanie, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We booked Greg for our wedding on 7/16. Everyone was saying that this was the most fun they've ever been to. As soon as we walk in the room, it's already set up with gorgeous uplighting. The second we finished dinner, he had the whole dance floor packed until the end of the night. We really liked how he would play ~2 min clips of each song, which was the perfect pace to keep the energy going. In addition, he was mixing the music live and creating his own mashups, which we feel really set them apart from other DJ's. We couldn't have asked for a better experience. Worth every penny!

Profile Picture Josh, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were very pleased with our DJ Sean sent by D & J DJ Service. He was warm, personal, friendly and willing to please. I would highly recommend this DJ.

Profile Picture judy, 7/10/16, 7 Reviews