Cypress Ridge Pavilion Reviews

46 | Arroyo Grande, CA

46 Reviews for Cypress Ridge Pavilion

Brianna · Married on 10/26/2013

My husband and I had our dream wedding at the Cypress Ridge Pavilion. The venue was breathtaking, the service was fantastic, and the food was beyond delicious (guests couldn't stop raving about the wonderful food!) The food was even tailored to our Scottish/Celtic theme by their talented chef, Rochelle, who sat down with my husband and I and discussed a personalized menu. We were so impressed by the event coordinator, Jodi Sailors, and she made sure that every detail was discussed and fit our needs. She exceeded our expectations and we were so lucky to have her help us plan a wonderful wedding. We had a Scottish wedding, kilts/bagpipes and all, with a beautiful outdoor ceremony facing the lake. The reception was indoors and fit our theme perfectly. Guests kept telling us this was one of the best weddings they've ever been to, if not THE best. After over a year of planning my wedding I was amazed that my wedding turned out as glorious as it did. The Cypress Ridge Pavilion made my dream wedding turned into a reality. Not every woman gets the wedding she dreamed of as a little girl but I had that wedding and more! I sincerely recommend this venue to anyone that wants a spectacular wedding or event here. You will NOT be disappointed and will have a fabulous time.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Jane · Married on 10/05/2013

We held our daughter's wedding and reception at Cypress Ridge Pavilion and had an exceptional experience. Both wedding and reception were outside with the Pavilion used for dancing. We also had S'mores at the fire pit. The venue provided an attendant for that, which was helpful. (We had no safety concerns). The event coordinator Jodi and the staff were extremely professional and helpful. Jodi was great during the planning phase--answered all of our emails in a timely manner, and helpful with suggestions. The wedding was beautiful and fun! I would recommend the Cypress Ridge Pavilion to any bride.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Annie · Married on 10/05/2013

If I could give Cypress Ridge Pavilion 10 stars, I would! I had my wedding at Cypress Ridge in October of 2013, and had 5 months to plan a wedding with 200 attendees. To top it off, I am in Northern California, and so this was going to be a semi "destination" type of affair, and I had a limited number of trips I could make down before the wedding date. Of the larger venues I looked at, Cypress Ridge definitely beat the rest in the value, flexibility, and quality of services they offered.
    First of all, Jodi the event coordinator there is AMAZING. I love this woman! From the moment I spoke with her on the phone to our first meet and greet, she was always responsive, timely, and just so much fun! She will do everything in her power to give you the vision you want to see on your wedding day. I really wanted an outdoor reception, and she made it happen. We asked for some changes to the food, and whether it was a family style menu and different sides than normally offered, Jodi worked to get us options not on the list. She even found a way for us to taste the food on a weekend we could come down by coming to a different event and having us served in her office (haha!) PS, the food was great!!! Speaking of budget, you can't beat Cypress Ridge. The venue is such a great setup for those who want to have their ceremony and reception on the same venue site, and what is included really helps take care of many extra costs that add up quickly. From setup, tables, chairs, linens, silverware/barware, servers (in the service fee), the fire pit onsite etc., there are a lot of perks that come with the venue. We also had the ability to come in early to drop off things or pick up things the next day. I cannot say how truly thankful we were to have such an amazing venue!!! Our guests had nothing but raving reviews about the beautiful venue, great atmosphere, and fantastic dance party in the pavilion. I promise if you have your wedding at Cypress Ridge, you wont regret it.

Sent on 12/28/2013

Dana · Married on 06/29/2013

We had our wedding at the Cypress Ridge Pavilion on June 29, 2013. Bryan, Jodi, and the rest of the staff were wonderful to work with. Very responsive (emails best), flexible, and professional. All of the food was delicious, and many of our guests commented that it was the best food at a wedding they have ever had (we picked the tri-tip/chicken bbq option). They even put together a kids menu with corn dogs and mac and cheese (which most of the adults wanted too..lol). We were extremely pleased with the professional attitude everyone has there, and also the high quality of services, food and beverages provided. It's a beautiful venue and I would highly recommend it.

Sent on 07/15/2013

Alicia · Married on 06/13/2013

Cypress Ridge Pavilion went above and beyond what I as a bride had expected from a venue. They were very open to working with us. Jodi and Bryan were both easy to reach and responded in a timely matter. In addition, they were friendly and were available for assistance during the wedding. I got sick during the reception and Jodi, the coordinator, check on me several times and provided me with crackers and ginger ale. The staff were also very cordial. The food was absolutely delicious! What I loved most about the venue is how open they were towards my ideas for decor. I could not have asked for a better venue with better staff. I highly highly recommend this venue. Their price is very reasonable for what they offer.

Sent on 06/25/2013

janell · Married on 05/26/2013

The venue was beautiful! We had a wonderful day! I would have my daughters wedding at Cypress Ridge again in a heart beat!

Sent on 09/10/2013

Erik · Married on 01/26/2013

This was a great place for our reception! Ignore the older reviews that gave this place some lower marks! They've changed a lot of things that were mentioned previously. They are extremely flexible, Bryan is VERY easy to work with! He is the YES MAN! I can't think of any request that we made that wasn't accommodated! As for their catering, it is true they don't allow outside catering. But honestly, booking a caterer in addition to everything else? Who needs it? Their catering was FANTASTIC! We also chose the Tri Tip and Chicken, both were very, very good. Their home made salsa for the tri tip was awesome! All the side dishes were good too! Definitely DO NOT worry about the quality of the food! They do a great job!

The other thing that was great was how responsive they are. A lot of times they won't pick up the phone, but they always called back quickly. The same people run the pro shop, so if they aren't in the office there's a good chance you can reach them there. We really had a great time at this venue, if we could go back and plan it again, I'd still choose Cypress Ridge for our reception!

Sent on 02/08/2013
  • brittany

brittany · Married on 04/23/2011

best place to get married so pretty

Sent on 10/14/2011

Adrienne · Married on 10/15/2010

We knew from the moment we toured the Cypress Ridge Pavilion w/ Melissa that this was going to be the perfect venue for our special day. We couldn't have been more right! Aubrey and Melissa are dolls, such a pleasure to work with. Brian was an added bonus, what a great bartender :). Everyone was incredibly attentive and so easy to work with. Aubrey and Melissa ensured our day ran smoothly and whenever we needed anything they were right there to make it happen and with a smile too. Our wedding day was perfect, absolutely no complaints, all our guests had a great time and said they really enjoyed the food. Great prices, great service, great time! Thank you, thank you, thank you! We absolutely recommend this venue to anyone without reservations. A+J

Sent on 11/10/2010

Jennifer · Married on 09/25/2010

I fell in love with Cypress Ridge as soon as I saw it. My wedding was beautiful. Aubrey and Melissa were extremely helpful and I would recommend Cypress Ridge! The food was wonderful and there is a variety of choices.

Sent on 09/27/2010

Lynne · Married on 04/08/2017

I am so happy that I choose Cypress Ridge Pavilion for our wedding! This location is beautiful and has indoor and outdoor options for the wedding ceremony. The reception area was a perfect size for our group of 116. It would also work well for larger and smaller groups. We opted to have a firepit going for our reception that took a few people away from the dance floor to make s'more but got great feedback.
    Jodi was a joy to work with. She took all my stress away on the big day and everything fell nicely into place. If anything was amiss- you could have fooled me! I highly recommend Cypress to a bride that wants a venue that offers everything in one place. It can get pricey with add ons but you can scale down to fit a smaller budget. Thank you Cypress Ridge Pavilion Staff for making our day perfect!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/03/2017

We loved our wedding at Cypress Ridge Pavilion! It was beautiful and perfect and they worked with us to make it the best day ever!!

Sent on 06/25/2017

Jodi and her wonderful team at Cypress Ridge did an amazing job at our wedding. She was very flexible and handled my stress perfectly. Their staff set up the venue exactly how I wanted things laid out as well as maintained the facility throughout the night. The food service, bar service, and customer service were extremely professional that night and everyone was so kind to our guests.

Sent on 11/17/2014

Cypress Ridge is a great wedding venue. They were very flexible with their accommodations, worked with our budget, and were so courteous whenever we met with them. Jodi and Rochelle were always very friendly and professional and a joy to be around. The grounds are beautiful and very welcoming too. I would recommend them in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a reasonably priced, beautiful venue.

Sent on 10/26/2016

catrise · Married on 06/11/2016

Cypress Ridge was a beautiful venue! They offer a bridal suite bug enough for me and my 5 brides maid. The staff was very personal and professional. So happy I chose them for our big day

Sent on 08/18/2016

Amber · Married on 06/01/2013

3.0

I just had my wedding at this venue on 06/01/2013. It was amazing! Bryan and Jodi did an awesome job. They worked together with my wedding planner to make sure everything was perfect for my big day. They were super flexible with letting us come in for rehaersal and letting us drop stuff off early at the site. They let my wedding planner come first thing in the morning to start setting up. Bryan even jumped behind the bar for the reception. He is a man of all trades.

My only complaint is that when we first started working with the venue they had recently changed management. So some stuff was unclear and sometimes they would take a while to get back to my wedding planner via e-mail. But they did always eventually get back and answered all of our questions. There was also a little confusion with the garlic bread at dinner. I thought it came with all meals but they didn't have it listed on my final contract so we didn't end up getting it. But that was it, all the food was amazing besides that!

I feel like they were honestly there just to make sure I had a great day. They never tried to up sell me and they even made helpful suggestions that saved us money. We had a big wedding so as the RSVP's kept coming in they suggested we change from plated to family style for dinner. This would save me $2 a person and run a lot smoother and faster. We decided to try it and everyone loved it. They even brought more trays of food out for people who wanted seconds.

Overall I think it was a great venue. We had the cermony in the grass behind the bar. On the patio we had the cake table and dinner tables. In the lawn we had more tables and lawn games. We had a smores' bar set up by the fire pit. (They provided someone to watch the fire all night!). We had dancing, cokctails tables, and a photobooth inside. And the venue is gorgeous which makes for great pictures!

Sent on 07/08/2013

John · Married on 09/08/2012

Great wedding venue. Bryan was always flexible and helpful and everything went perfectly smoothly the day of. Fire pit at night was a fun perk and all the staff were great.

Sent on 02/01/2014

Amber · Married on 10/12/2008

When I was making my initial venue visits, Cypress Ridge stood out b/c of its uniqueness, beautiful buildings, and that most items such as tables, linens, china, heaters were included. They only had 1 coordinator when I started talking to them. She had very odd hours and was very difficult to reach. By the time I had decided on Cypress Ridge, they had hired on 1 more coordinator and response time changed to being same day and I no longer had trouble reaching them. They were very flexible allowing me to customize my menu and were able to do basically anything that I asked throughout the rest of the wedding. I had hired an outside coordinator despite the fact that Cypress' package included a coordinator. I did not have much luck with my outside coordinator, but the Cypress coordinators were so helpful the day of the wedding. They went out of their way to make sure my guests were happy, that I had everything I needed, and kept checking in with me throughout the evening. They were knowledgable about their venue and were able to make great vendor referrals. The wedding was beautiful, the food from Cypress Ridge's Chef was excellent, everyone had a great time. I would definitely suggest someone have an event at Cypress Ridge. The price was very competitive and included much more than most places do offer. For food including appetizers, 4 sides, and 2 meats, 1 keg, champagne, lemonade and iced tea for all, cake service, coordinators, ceremony site, reception site, bridal party changing area, linens, china and silverware, glasses, tables and chairs we spent under $11000 for 170 people.
    My holiday party for work will also be at Cypress Ridge. My employer is saving a great deal of money by using Cypress and my co-workers know from being at the wedding that it will be great.

Sent on 11/20/2008

Amanda · Married on 08/07/2010

4.2

The Cypress Ridge is a great place to hold an event if you are not willing to spend $7,000+ on site fees. Aubrey is fantastic to work with and makes you feel very at ease. I love the outdoor/indoor set up of the pavilion. The drawbacks are that there are houses around (which isn't a huge deal) and the bar is not very nice to look at. I loved how everything turned out on my wedding day except that the staff took off my ipod twice and put on different music even after I talked to them about it the first time. That was pretty annoying.

Overall I would recommend the pavilion to brides looking for a beautiful wedding on a budget. I got a lot of compliments on the food aswell.

Sent on 09/05/2010

Christina · Married on 12/08/2007

3.4
      3.5

They were very pleasant to work with, I would definately recommend them to anyone, the site is gorgeous the staff is wonderful. But be careful if you order the Buffet you are NOT allowed to take the extras home and you will pay full price for a child no matter the age.

Sent on 07/29/2008

Cypress Ridge Pavilion's reply:

Just to clear up the childrens pricing. All childrens buffet is half price of the adult price. We also have a special childrens menu for only $10 per child. Also, children 3 and under are free.

Kimberly · Married on 08/23/2008

3.2
      2.5

Cypress Ridge Pavilion is a beautiful place to get married, but it was harder to work with this venue for a couple of reasons.

No outside caterers were allowed at this venue, only the wedding cake. We wanted to add personal touches to our wedding by having a candy buffet, specialty drinks, etc. but couldn't do so, which was a little disappointing.

We had tritip and chicken choices for our guests' meals and received very positive feedback in regards to the tritip. The chicken, on the other hand, was really dry and bland, so I would not recommend choosing this meal option.

They also did not offer free taste-testing for their food, which I wish they could've done since their food is the only option.

It was a little more difficult planning our wedding at this site because we did not live in the area, so it might be easier for those who can visit the site from time to time throughout the planning process. The site is absolutely beautiful and quiet, and the rental costs were not bad.

Sent on 11/12/2008

Cypress Ridge Pavilion's reply:

The Cypress Ridge Pavilion has had a change of management and Executive Chef since this review so some of the issues in this review are no longer. For example a candy bar would be no problem and specialty drinks a breeze.

We still require our in house catering. However, it enables us to ensure the quality of the food and service is up to the expectations of our Executive Chef.