244 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

Liability Insurance (13)
Uplighting (12)
Photobooth (5)
229 Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Cutting Edge Entertainment was a FANTASTIC choice for our DJ. They played Great dancing music all night long! Everyone was on the dance floor! They provided the ceremony music as well and everything was on time and went according to plan. Our DJ, Adam Brand, was EXCELLENT! He was engaging and kept the night moving smoothly. He played great music and was very Professional. He was great! They provided uplighting for us as well and new exactly where to set up and it looked great! I would Recommend Adam Brand with Cutting Edge Entertainment to everyone I know!

Profile Picture Heather, 11/13/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Cutting Edge was amazing! It all started when I was just 13 years old. Craig was the DJ at my Bat Mitzvah and he was fantastic. My parents loved him and he made me feel so comfortable. When I got engaged a year ago, I knew right away that I wanted nothing more that Craig to be the DJ at my wedding. I was a long-distance bride, and he was so accommodating. We met when I was in town, but did much of our communication via email and telephone. We gave him some song choices that he made sure were played, but we left much of it up to him. He made our wedding day the most special day of our lives. After the reception was over we got so many compliments regarding the music. These compliments came from our friends and family members of all different ages. Craig did such a great job of make sure all age ranges were entertained. I would absolutely use Cutting edge again. Both my husband and I will recommend them to all of our friends!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/6/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Richie of Cutting Edge Entertainment was an AMAZING DJ and so easy to work with. He was very attentive to our needs and kept the party going all night. I was very particular in my DJ choice. I wanted him to keep the party going without stealing the show or being too in-your-face. He did both flawlessly. Everyone kept saying what a fabulous job he did. We met with him in depth before our wedding to go over song choices, and he delivered as promised. Our one request was to have a very long, kick-butt hora, and people are still talking about it! He did our ceremony as well which was seamless. People actually though we had a string trio during the ceremony, but nope... it was Rich! I would definitely recommend Richie and Cutting edge to everyone.

Profile Picture Robyn, 11/6/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie from cutting edge entertainment was our MC and DJ for our wedding and he did an amazing job! we had two meetings with him prior to the wedding where we ironed out details and went over our music choices. I did provide him with a list of "must plays" and I believe most of them were played.. i was just too busy to hear everything all night to know for sure. He kept the dance floor packed and was a ton of fun during the reception. Great value, great company!

Profile Picture angela, 10/14/11, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We hired Richie Abrams as our DJ for our wedding and we can't say enough good things about Richie and Cutting Edge! Richie did an amazing job. He was professional, flexible and was also available to meet to discuss the wedding anytime. Since the wedding so many of our guests have told us how much they loved the DJ. Richie really interacted well with our guests, allowing them to have an amazing time. We would highly recommend Cutting Edge and especially Richie!

Profile Picture Leigh Ann, 10/8/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We used Richie Abrams and Cutting Edge Entertainment for our September 2011 wedding. I found them online and called for a quote. Richie contacted me by phone and we went over the details of the wedding. I was impressed with their price as they were coming in lower than other big names in the area. I arranged to meet to make sure we liked him and it was a great meeting. Everyone at Cutting Edge was really responsive anytime I had a question, even the owner called to ensure I was getting the service I needed. The night of the wedding Richie and his DJ were right on. The music was great and he worked seamlessly with my wedding coordinator to go through all the formalities. We had a small medical emergency with a guets which stopped the wedding for 45 minutes. Once everything was okay, Richie was able to jump start the party and people actually started dancing again! IT was great to be able to end the wedding on a fun note which was possible because of Richie and Cutting Edge entertainment.

Profile Picture Vaness, 9/18/11, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie is exactly what couples look for in a DJ; motivated, accomodating, professional and personable. From start to finish, Richie was an absolute Ace in terms of coordination and planning. At no point did we have to chase Richie about details, if anything he was consistently following-up with us. Our wedding was at Cairnwood Mansion, in Bryn Athyn, PA, and not only is Richie highly recommend by the venue, but demonstrated working knowledge of the layout. We had full control over the music played, which provided a wide variety of music and excluded anything that we didn't want to hear (line dances or heavy rap music). In addition, Richie gauged the audience on the dance floor and adjusted accordingly, essentially achieveing exactly what we wanted, a fun environment with a great mix of music and keeping everyone on the dance floor. An absolute pleasure to do business with, I would recommend Richie in a heartbeat.

Profile Picture Steve, 9/17/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would say the hardest thing to do with Brian at Cutting Edge Entertainment is to pick a place to start raving about him.

Our wedding was supposed to be an outside wedding. However, the rain did not cooperate with us and we were forced to change venues for the reception three hours before our ceremony began. Upon arrival, Brian was informed of this. I would guess this would put a hitch into any DJ's plan for a gig, but Brian took it in perfect stride. He had the ceremony set up so that we could use one microphone for our vows then had a hidden microphone in the crowd for one of our guests to sing as we walked out (pretty cool surprise). After the ceremony, he was able to break down and get to the new venue, set up, and start music before any of our guest arrived.

During the reception only the grandparents were sitting down (obvious reasons) but everyone else was up dancing and he kept them out there too! If something was not working, he changed it and if it was working he rolled along with similar music. One of my groomsman requested that he could sing a song to the bride and Brian cleared that with me before he
handed over the microphone (never know what a drunk guy might do).

To be perfectly honest, all of our guests told us they had a great time and our DJ had a huge part in that. It really means a lot when you look around at your wedding and see people up and dancing, smiling, laughing, and mingling. Brian made that happen for us and we would greatly and whole-heartedly recommend using Brian!

Profile Picture Phillippa, 9/10/11, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Highly recommend Cutting Edge / Richie!

Reasons:

First, I was planning my wedding from abroad, which is not so easy. Richie was very flexible in when I could call him and speak about the plans. He was very friendly and easy to work with.

Second, my plans were up in the air but Richie worked very well with my caterer and myself to help us build a solid timeline and gave very good recommendations for the plan / music selection.

Third, the day of my wedding was so hectic but Richie was very good with keeping to the flow / adapting when necessary.

Fourth, the party was AWESOME and Richie and the DJ kept the party going. They are def professionals and know what they are doing.

Last, the best man was drunk as heck and kept trying to hand more tips Richie but Richie was very nice about it and did not accept the money.

Overall, great experience!

Profile Picture Lori, 8/13/11, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie did an absolutely amazing job and my husband and could not be happier!! He is very professional and personable. We went through a timeline before hand, so we knew exactly what to expect on the day, and things couldn't have gone any smoother than they did. He is extremely patient and helped us pick out all of our songs - from the entrance song, to the last dance. The dance floor was packed the whole night and people were fighting to keep their spot on the dance floor. He played a variety of songs, including all of our requests. All my guests were raving at how much fun they had due to Richie and his amazing DJing skills!!! I would highly recommend working with Richie at Cutting Edge DJs.

Profile Picture Lindsay, 7/3/11, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Simply put, Richie Abrams is one of the most professional, hard-working, yet light-hearted and fun-loving DJs that we have even had the pleasure of being around. After being at or in 11 weddings, including our own, over the past 18 months and seeing Richie in action at our wedding we couldn't have been happier at the way he ran our event.

However you invision your wedding to go, that's how you can expect it to be with DJ Richie Abrams at the helm!

Thanks again Rich!

Profile Picture Douglas, 7/2/11, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie is FANTASTIC!!!! I was a bit worried at first, because its our wedding and we wanted it to be perfect, but we realized that everything cant always go as planned, but let me tell you that Richie and his crew really impressed me, and went above and beyond our expectations. They were prompt and ready to go about an hour and a half before the ceremony, Richie went over all the plans he had for our guests that night. He was more than a DJ, and really brought the wedding to life. It was really kind of him to be respectful to come ask me if he can do an activity. He asked me even though it was an awesome idea. I'm happy to say that Richie was a professional through the whole process, and even called me after the wedding to thank me for using his services, which in our day and age, is really thoughtful and considerate. Thank you Richie for your time and service!

Profile Picture Kyle , 6/25/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

AWESOME DJ - the perfect choice for our wedding! Kept the party going and was a pleasure to work with! Thank you!

Profile Picture Jaime, 5/30/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Richie is the best! Highly recommend. He made my wedding's dance floor a BLAST! So professional and lovely to work with.

Profile Picture User3119259, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Awesome vendor! We worked with Brian as our MC and he was friendly, personable, helpful, etc. He catered to our husband and I more than our caterer. He also had great music, kept the party going and did everything we asked. SO many people commented about the good dancing at our wedding. One thing that I think it exceptional about cutting edge is that you have 2 people - a DJ and an MC which helps A LOT!

Profile Picture Noelle, 5/21/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Did a great job on both the outdoor ceremony music and the reception music. Everyone had a great time! Very organized and helped walk us through the whole process and song selection. Thanks!

Profile Picture John, 5/7/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

EVERYONE was on the dance floor all night at our wedding!! Richie was the BEST!!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 4/30/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge Entertainment was one of my favorite vendors for my wedding day. Richie did a great job the day of the wedding,and everybody had a great time. He was also great leading up to the wedding,and was easy to contact and promptly responded to emails. I also used Cutting Edge for lighting services. I highly recommend the uplighting..the room looked stunning,and exceeded my expectations. I have absolutely no complaits,great vendor!

Profile Picture Jamie, 4/29/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife Keri and I were referred to Richie and Cutting Edge DJ's by a trusted friend and it turned out to be a perfect match. From the beginning Richie worked closely with us to personalize every part of our wedding. He was open to all of our unique ideas and tastes, and at the same time drew upon his previous wedding experience. When the big day finally came we had an absolutely jam packed dance floor. We even had multiple side dance areas open up because the main one was so packed. Richie and Cutting Edge were able to perfectly read the crowd and to mix in our previously requested songs along with what the crowd was looking for. Most importantly to us, he avoided our extensive list of DO NOT PLAY songs. On top of the great music, as Emcee of the event Richie made the entire night flow perfectly. I personally recommend Cutting Edge DJs, and especially Richie for any wedding or event.

Profile Picture Keri, 4/2/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Richie kept our wedding moving all night long and had the appropriate music playing for every different event of the wedding celebration. It was a wonderful wedding with great music and atmosphere!!

The service was especially amazing as we made some last minute changes to the reception minutes before the beginning but Richie and his crew handled it beyond our expectations. We do not have anything to say about the DJing but praises!!

Jarrett and Sheba

Profile Picture jarrett and , 3/19/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I was a pretty laidback bride, to be entirely honest. I just wanted my guests to have a good time. My fiance and I had very little specific requests and basically told Richie, "We trust you-- do what you do best." And he did!

We loved Richie-- such a charismatic, sincere guy-- and we were so thrilled to have him as our MC. As we began planning our wedding, he was prompt to respond to random questions and some last minute issues we had with the reception-- always helpful and always cheerful. He asked us all of our preferences and also provided us suggestions that were helpful. He knew what he was doing, for sure. We were entirely confident in his ability to make our day awesome!

Richie laid out his plan for our reception in terms of the events and set lists. Everything at the reception was smooth as butter. The way the events were scheduled over the course of the night was awesome! He spread things out to give our guests something to look forward to and gave ample opportunity to get everyone involved.

I received SO many compliments about our DJ. Everyone-- and I mean everyone-- danced the whole night. We had limited alcohol and were afraid if people weren't loosened up, they wouldn't dance. That was not a problem! When we'd met with other DJs and told them our above concern, they kind of winced. Richie told us immediately that wasn't a problem-- and that it was his job to get people out there. He certainly did! We were so thrilled to see everyone have a good time.

We really cannot recommend Cutting Edge enough!

Profile Picture Trish, 3/12/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Every review for Cutting Edge Entertainment on Wedding Wire is dead on. They are fabulous! The dance floor was packed all night. Two months later I'm still getting compliments. The great thing is that these compliments are coming from every age group and every taste in music. No one was left out.

Richie was our MC. He and our DJ played every song we requested and dozens more than I never would have thought of. When they played the theme song from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, the dance floor went crazy!

It also was important to us that our wedding DJ not be "cheesy." Richie created the perfect balance between being super professional at all times and also being a lot of fun. His interaction with our guests was great. I still laugh now thinking about how he turned on the charm for some of the older women among our guests.

Bottom line - you won't regret Cutting Edge!

Profile Picture Megan, 12/18/10, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

I highly recommend Cutting Edge and DJ/MC Richie who made sure the party atmosphere of our wedding night was just as successful as the ceremony. Not only did he ensure everything went smoothly, but he did it with class and a whole lot of fun. The planning process, in particular, was where Cutting Edge set themselves apart from other vendors.

First off, we were able to get two DJ’s (Richie who acted mostly as MC and another young man who was sort of like an apprentice and I hadn’t met until the day of the wedding) plus uplighting for close to the price of what other vendors were charging for a single DJ. We found this to be a vital reason for the success of the evening, as Richie was able to spend time coordinating with the catering staff, making announcements and doing more “directing” than just standing behind a CD mixer. He was interactive with the crowd without being overbearing. The worst thing I could imagine is a DJ trying to “steal the show” at a wedding… and I’ve seen it plenty of times at other people’s affairs. Thankfully, Richie knew how to strike the right balance, while maintaining the right level of energy. While the price may have been a tad higher, we found it to be the biggest “bang for your buck” as far as the difference goes (you know, like $100 more in flowers adds very little value, $100 more in food gets you one more plate, while $100 more in DJ costs gets you a smoother operation that also LOOKS more upscale)

As for the lighting, the Cutting Edge options provided just what we needed for a fraction of the cost of “lighting designers.” To each their own but I couldn’t imagine spending more on lights than my videographer, which some lighting “artists” wanted to charge me. Cutting Edge added it in for very little extra cost and Richie and his crew were even able to install them at first in the ceremony space with a simple white light and then transfer them to the reception room, where the same lights produced vibrant blues, amber, etc. There were many color options all in the same light because they use LED, which also has the benefit of being energy efficient & cool to the touch (good for little kids) and reduces the chance of a fire in the middle of your wedding. Seriously!

The biggest reason I recommend Richie & Cutting Edge is that they listened to us. It was disturbing and shocking that certain competitors told us point blank “I won’t play the music the bride and groom want to hear, my job is not to listen to their desires, my job is to get people up and dancing so that guests will remember they had a good time and recommend me for future business.” Umm, I get that this is a business and all but as a contracted vendor you are working for ME, not referrals. Heck, if I hired you to play polka all night long that’s what you would do because that’s why I’m paying you. Fortunately, my wife and I have much better music tastes so it wasn’t an issue. And Richie was not only OPEN to playing songs we did want to hear, he made it FUN to talk about songs. We had a meeting for I’d say an hour where we sat around in the office and played songs off iTunes and went over different options for “events” such as Father-Daughter Dance or Cake Cutting. Richie had recommendations, while we also brought in a very long list of songs we liked and hoped to hear (and a handful of “must plays”) It helped him understand our style more and cater his setlist to our tastes. We wanted a mix of everything from Motown to Oldies to Beatles to Funk to Stevie Wonder to Michael Jackson to 80’s to modern danceable pop like Justin Timberlake, and he was knowledgeable about all of it. The most “alternative” song choice we had was entering to MGMT’s “Electric Feel.” Not only did Richie know the song right away, he had a few remixes as options. We felt comfortable immediately that Richie “got it” and were put at ease that our reception would have people dancing all night long. This, of course, turned out to be true.
I also want to point out how important it was to have certain songs NOT played (i.e. chicken dance, line dances, Celine Dion, etc) and again, Richie took this into consideration and guaranteed a “do not play” list while other DJ’s threatened to “play whatever THEY wanted.” Insane!

Acting as MC also meant that Richie went over (and adjusted) a “timeline” of events with us in advance, which as the detail-oriented wedding planner groom that I was, I found really important. Of course it’s impossible to plan for everything at a wedding but having a meticulous schedule in advance made it feel more orchestrated than doing everything “on the fly”

One final note: Cutting Edge’s policy as far as I understand is to dress professionally, and Richie & crew showed up in black tie… so that should put your mind at ease about DJ’s who wear jeans to formal events.
Overall, again, a big thumbs up for Cutting Edge and ask for Richie if he’s available!

Profile Picture User920612, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig was our MC, and Steve was our DJ. We were concerned that our guests were of varied ages (my fiancee and I are in our late 30s), and a lot of our guests were younger. We wanted a very eclectic mix, and Craig (the owner) brought a great understanding of our older crowds tastes, while Steve, his DJ, handled the more current stuff, and did a great job. Craig was interactive, and allowed our guests to actually sing into the microphone for lots of songs, which really let so many of our guests become more of participants than invited guests. We are still getting calls from friends (months after) and we could not have been more pleased. It was great to have a 2 man team, because all aspects were handled with precision.

Not only would we recommend Craig and Steve, but friends used Brian from Cutting Edge, who did as great a job as Craig. I didn't catch the name of the DJ who was with him, but again they were awesome (although I'm biased, and think my wedding was better :))

Profile Picture Diane, 11/20/10, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge did our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception music. It was fantastic. They were incredibly detailed in our prep meetings and got everything together. They also did our lighting for the reception as well. It really made the room pop. The dance floor was full all night and my guests said it was the best wedding they ever went to - a true party. I can't reccomend them enough!

Thank you for everything especially during our music meetings. You spent so much time ensuring you understood us as a couple and our ideas, expectations, etc. We totally took to heart what you said about dancing all night and everyone else would – best advice ever!

The dance floor was never empty, except for the cake cutting, but was back to full capacity right after. And I can think of no other DJ that would track down Eric Cartman from South Park singing “Poker Face” for our reverse garter. You made our night so special!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/6/10, 1 Review