Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Cutting Edge Entertainment 2
Cutting Edge Entertainment 3
Cutting Edge Entertainment 4

B · Married on 09/29/2013

The DJ did a great job keeping things going at my daughter's wedding. Many of our guests commented on the music and professionalism.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Tom · Married on 09/21/2013

Cutting Edge did a excellent job at our wedding.That they were the one thing that I didn't have to worry about that day. They were warm and professional. We especially liked how they wanted to get to know us during the pre-wedding meetings. They didn't just want a list of songs to play, they wanted to know our likes and dislikes so the music during the wedding would be spot on. That was a very nice touch.

Craig and his group did a great job from beginning to end. They were able to handle all the little unexpected things that came up during the reception. The music at the reception was perfect.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Lauren · Married on 09/14/2013

My now husband, Kevin, and I had a great experience working with Brian Lacivita at Cutting Edge Entertainment! We met with him a couple of times prior to the wedding and the 2nd meeting was right before the big day and it was "go time." So all of the details had to be hashed out and Brian was incredibly patient with us and had great ideas for songs and the flow of the day. I had very detailed ideas of what I wanted, pretty much two songs for everything (entrance, bridal party entrace, Father/Daughter dance, bouquet toss, cutting the cake); and I had wanted the songs to start at a specific time to hear certain lyrics. Brian took all of my ideas to heart and he played the songs perfectly on the day of! Everything was a smooth transition and he played ALL of me & Kevin's "must plays" from our extensive song list and we had a lot! Brian was the cool DJ on the microphone w/ his announcements, he wasn't the typical "corny" wedding announcer guy. He sounded great and got the entire room excited for what was to come next. We tried to put on a show :) We even had to make a change to our Irish songs playlist while they were playing and Brian was able to play the next song we wanted very easily. Overall, we have nothing but good things to say about Brian & the company as a whole and we would definitely recommend him to our friends & colleagues! Hopefully we'll get to work with him again in the future. Thank you, Brian! ~Lauren & Kevin ~

Sent on 10/03/2013

Richie was the DJ from Cutting Edge at my wedding, and from the minute I met him, I knew he was a true professional. Richie was incredibly accommodating throughout the entire time we dealt with him. My husband was insistent that we had Grateful Dead music played during the cocktail hour, and our first song was by The Dead as well. Richie had every single song that we asked for, and he accommodated each and every one of our requests. His suggestions were always thoughtful, and you can tell that he is incredibly experienced as a wedding DJ. Richie is incredibly positive and enthusiastic, and he just had a great attitude every time I spoke with him. I relied on all of the great reviews about Richie when I decided to reach out to Cutting Edge, and I can tell you they are all 100% accurate. Richie had the dance floor packed for two straight hours. If you want to have a giant dance party at your wedding (which we did), Richie is your guy. I can’t recommend him enough.

Sent on 06/08/2016

Mish · Married on 08/24/2013

My husband and I decided to go with Adam from Cutting Edge DJs after being referred to the Company by a friend and we were absolutely thrilled with how everything worked out! At the initial meeting, we were presented with a bunch of different packages and had no problem finding one of great value with every option we were looking for. Throughout the planning process, Adam was extremely helpful and responsive while letting us completely shape our own day. We were able to add an additional hour to our wedding reception with fairly short notice for a minimal charge. Adam responded to every email and inquiry immediately and made planning for our day a breeze. At our request, Adam even met with us at our venue in order to coordinate with my ceremony musician who would be utilizing Cutting Edge equipment for her keyboard. Just one example of how he never failed to go above and beyond our expectations while helping us prep for the big day! On the day of our wedding, Adam was a true professional in every sense of the word. He helped our evening transition seamlessly from an outdoor ceremony, to a patio dinner, and finally to a night of dancing with ease. With 200 guests I was concerned about keeping everyone happy in terms of the music selection, but my guests were on the dance floor all night and are still raving about how great our DJ was! If I had to go back and do it all over again, I wouldn't change a thing! Adam – Thank you so much for being such a huge part of our big day!

Sent on 10/18/2013

Heather · Married on 08/17/2013

We choose Cutting Edge Entertainment as our DJ because they had such excellent reviews online and it was definitely well worth it! They were very accomodating and totally know what they are doing. They helped us schedule out our night (which we had no idea about). They also helped us create a package that had everything we wanted and one that gave us the best price. We worked with Tony as our DJ and he was phenomenal. Definitely in tune with the style of music we liked and wanted played and was able to use some songs we requested to build a playlist for the night that was perfect. We got a ton of compliments on the music!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Annette · Married on 08/11/2013

Simply awesome! Positive attitude and made the music selection less stressful and we left our meetings knowing that the music was going to be right and party would be amazing. Richie was also able to infuse the right amounts of dance music, the Beatles, and my special request of Latin music to make the reception uniquely ours. Highly recommended to all brides in the Philly area!

Sent on 11/18/2013

Michelle · Married on 07/20/2013

If you are lucky enough to have Richie Abrams DJ/MC your wedding, you are guaranteed a good time! Our guests remarked that music was "seamless", and that the dance floor (of sand!) was PACKED from start to finish! He's professional, personable, and a warm-hearted young man! He will plan an event catered to your needs, and no one will be disappointed! I recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment one billion percent!!

Sent on 07/29/2013

Dean · Married on 07/13/2013

We didn’t look far when it came to booking our DJ for our wedding at the Manor House. From the start, DJ Richie made Amy and I feel 100% at ease that he knew what it took to throw a great party. We gave him the reins when it came to dancing music and he did not disappoint. He catered to the crowd and kept the dance floor packed the whole night. He had the wedding schedule down to the minute and worked with the venue to have everything flow seamlessly. We still get comments on how great the DJ was and how perfectly everything fell in line. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Richie 100%. He knows how to get the job done!

Sent on 11/05/2013

We were so lucky to have found Richie as our DJ. We had an italian and indian fusion wedding, which required music from both sides. We were very concerned that this would be difficult to pull off. However, Richie worked very hard to accommodate all of our needs, and it showed. He did an amazing job and our wedding night was perfect!! The dance floor was packed the entire night (including people we never expected to see dancing). When the night came to an end, everyone began chanting for him to continue playing songs! To this day, our guests are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. Obviously, we would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 09/01/2013

Rich was awesome - he worked the dance floor at our wedding. The next day, everyone said "I've never danced that much at a wedding!" He had a great list of songs to help us pick through and even played the Japanese songs we wanted. He was awesome to work and flexible with what I wanted. Couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 08/11/2013

Angela · Married on 06/07/2013

Richie Abrams from Cutting Edge was the best DJ we could've asked for to DJ our wedding. We got married June 7th, 2013 and he made our day absolutely amazing! He was very friendly and accommodating. He played all the songs that we had requested and more! He was very flexible with late additions to the playlist as well as changing our first dance song hours before the wedding! Our dance floor was packed all night long and we continue to get comments about how much fun our wedding was. I would definitely recommend Richie to anyone getting married or hosting a special event! If we ever hold another event in which we need a DJ, we will definitely choose Richie as our DJ! He is amazing!

Sent on 09/08/2013

We got married five weeks ago and are still reliving the wonderful experience Richie Abrams provided for our wedding guests and us. From the first time we sat down with him, we knew he was special. He is a consumate professional and was attentive and accommodating. He also had great ideas and suggestions.
    Richie exceeded our expectations on the day of our wedding. He got everyone up and dancing non-stop and made our special day an exceptional one for all. Thank you Richie, from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 07/08/2013

Kym · Married on 05/17/2013

Top Notch Performance and Professionalism. This Bride is HAPPY!

We got married in May 2013 and were very lucky to have the wedding of our dreams. Brian Lacivita, our MC, was a huge part in making our dream wedding a reality. I had no doubt Brian would do a great job. Being a good friend of the family for 15+ years, he truly showed our family a great time. The music selection was top notch. He was able to read the crowd and know what type of music people were enjoying. He played an amazing mix that was suitable for all ages. After the ceremony, people were coming up to us asking what the song list was while they were waiting for the ceremony to start. During the reception, people were already complimenting the song selections. 3 months after our wedding, people are continuing to share how much they enjoyed dancing. There was never a dull moment and we are confident our family and friends will continue talking about our wedding in years to come. Thanks to Cutting Edge Entertainment and Brian Lacivita we started our beginning on a happy note.

Sent on 08/07/2013
  • Marci

Marci · Married on 04/27/2013

My husband and I got married less than three weeks ago at the beautiful Cairnwood Estate and had the pleasure of working with Richie Abrams from Cutting Edge. If you want a party that people rave about for weeks and don't stop dancing until they are kicked off the dance floor - Richie is your man!! From our initial meeting to the night of the wedding, Richie knew exactly what to do to keep the party going and running smoothly. He played all the right music and was accommodating to any of our requests...including mixing two songs for a fun father-daughter dance ;) We have heard nothing but great things about the dance party at the reception and I have a feeling people will be talking about our wedding for a long time! Thank you so much Richie for making our wedding night fun, exciting, and memorable! You are a fabulous DJ and definitely one of the best wedding day decisions we made! -Marci and Mike, 4-27-2013

Sent on 05/13/2013

Richie Abrams from Cutting Edge Entertainment was the DJ/MC for my wedding about three weeks ago. I have nothing but absolutely positive things to say regarding his service! I have already recommended him to four friends that are getting married in the next year! I completely attribute the success of our reception to his ability to read the crowd and play just the right music the entire night! I can not recommend him enough!

Sent on 05/07/2013

Shawn · Married on 04/19/2013

Adam Brand and Steve did an amazing job of DJing our wedding. During the process that led up to the wedding. Adam was responsive to our changes (many changes) and were able to accommodate us. They even were able to respond to a last minute change with seamless ability to accommodate us. I thoroughly enjoyed them and I would recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment and especially Adam and Steve to anyone

Sent on 04/25/2013
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 04/06/2013

Richie Abrams was our DJ for our wedding April 6th. When we first met him right off the bat he was so energetic and genuinely excited to be a part of our day. Richie created a timeline of events for the reception and was a huge help with giving us ideas to make it special and stand out. Also, he followed the timeline exactly as we worked it with him. So many DJ's promise you they will do things a certain way, then fall far short of what's expected. This guy and his company really delivered! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about our event! Any brides that ask me for a DJ I would say Richie from Cutting Edge DJ Entertainment is the one and only choice!!

Sent on 04/18/2013

We had the pleasure of working with Richie from Cutting Edge on our wedding day. We met with Richie a little over a year before our wedding and I knew immediately that I wanted him to MC and DJ our wedding. He has a great, upbeat attitude and is really friendly, you feel like you've known him for a while. We met with him again a few weeks before the wedding to pick out music and he really picked up on our taste in music very quickly, so the meeting was fun. On our wedding day Richie played all of the beautiful ceremony music and he also played music during the cocktail hour which was a nice addition. During dinner, people kept coming to my table to tell me how great the music was. Once the reception started, the dance floor was never empty. Richie played songs that made everyone get up and dance, and that is exactly what we wanted. We even put together a 80s-90s mix that everyone loved. After the wedding people kept telling me how awesome my DJ was and how much they loved the old school songs. I couldn't have been happier because music was one of the most important parts of the wedding for us, and the DJ was a hit! I would definitely recommened hiring Richie and Cutting Edge to anyone who is looking for great music and a great DJ! It was one of the best decisions we made.

Sent on 03/28/2013

Laura · Married on 01/19/2013

Richie did an amazing job as our wedding DJ! Prior to the wedding he spent hours with us picking out the perfect music for both our ceremony and reception. We felt like we got personal attention with Cutting Edge, which was extremely important to us. He got to know our taste in music which helped him know the type of music to play. Throughout the wedding, he had everyone on the dance floor and even entertained my nephew with his DJ skills! People raved about the great music! There is no need to worry about your guests having a great time if you have a Richie behind the DJ booth - it's a guarantee that they will!

Sent on 05/01/2013

DJ Richie Abrams and his team were incredible!! We were married the week Hurricane Sandy hit and just wanted to have an amazing party with all our friends and family who could make the wedding. Richie kept the dance floor pumping and a vast crowd of tastes happy from cocktail hour until the last song. Not only was he great during the day-of, the time leading up to the wedding was amazing. He was extremely organized, attentive, knowledgeable, upbeat and genuine - as were the whole staff at Cutting Edge (thanks, Kim!). We went through a long list of DJs and knew 2 minutes into our meeting with Richie that he was the best we'd seen and we had to have him. I want a friend to book him so I can party at another one of his weddings! The uplighting upgrade got us more compliments than we ever could have imagined - go for it, it's awesome!

Thanks, Richie for helping us have an amazing wedding and party! We had the BEST time! - Bri and Jon

Sent on 11/19/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/02/2012

There was no question who our wedding DJ was going to be. Marc and the Cutting Edge team were a joy to work with from day one. Our first meeting was so laid back and professional at the same time - we left the office knowing our wedding was in good hands. We told Marc that we wanted a dance party and a good time for all of our guests. Ask and you shall receive! Our guests raved about what an amazing time they had dancing the night away! Marc kept the night running smoothly and on time. He worked with us on our introductions beforehand and they were so great! Our son felt so special being introduced as a wrestler, saying that Marc was "so awesome".

The uplighting Marc suggested was a beautiful touch to the reception. The room felt so cozy and intimate with the pink lights. And once the music started, the lights moved with the beat, really livening up the room.

Many of our guests have asked for our DJ's contact information and I am more than happy to forward it on. Anyone looking for a great DJ and company to deal with, should absolutely contact Cutting Edge Entertainment.

Thank you Marc and Cutting Edge for the great job and making our wedding so memorable!

Sent on 12/27/2012

Joyce · Married on 10/27/2012

Richie did such a great job for us! We had numerous guests talk about the music. A huge reason for it being so good was that Richie listened to us...really listened to us. It was his number one priority that we had what we wanted. He was easy to get in touch with and was a consummate professional. I didn't know about Cutting Edge or Richie, but they had the highest recommendation from our photographer. She worked with Richie numerous times and liked him so much that she used him for her own wedding. Talk about an endorsement!

Sent on 06/14/2013

Rachel · Married on 10/20/2012

I've been a little late in writing this but I definitely wanted to let people know that Cutting Edge is a great company to go with and Richie was an awesome DJ!! He made our wedding reception a true party. The dance floor was literally packed the whole night. We had met with a couple other places before picking Richie and we were sure glad we did. The one-on-one meetings were great b/c we just sat around and listened to music and talked. It was a very stress free environment and Richie made it fun and easy. Anyone who plans a wedding knows how frustrating dealing with vendors can be but this was one company that I enjoyed planning with and would highly recommend.
    Everyone also knows how annoying brides can be but Richie was super chill and responded back to me right away whenever I called or emailed. The best part about having Richie as our DJ was that he literally let us do whatever we wanted. From letting our bridal party walk into Pantera (which was awesome) to playing five Backstreet Boys songs b/c I was obsessed with them back in the day.
    I wanted to acknowledge my grandparents at my wedding and toast to how long they have been married. Richie did everything I asked and my speech and toast to them went perfectly. My grandparents got married 55 years ago so clearly their wedding song was not very well know anymore but I asked Richie if he could try and get it and he did!! It was a great feeling getting to see them dance to their wedding song 55 years later.
    Overall Cutting Edge is great and my only experience with them has been with Richie so I highly recommend him. He played all the music we asked for and went above and beyond to make our day one we will never forget.

Sent on 04/29/2013

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2012

We had the privilege of having Brian Lacivita as our wedding DJ at the Hyatt at the Bellevue this past weekend and he was awesome! He was great at reading the crowd and kept the dance floor packed all night! Multiple guests asked me for his playlist the following day. We can't thank him enough and highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/17/2012