244 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

Liability Insurance (13)
Uplighting (12)
Photobooth (5)
229 Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Top Notch Performance and Professionalism. This Bride is HAPPY!

We got married in May 2013 and were very lucky to have the wedding of our dreams. Brian Lacivita, our MC, was a huge part in making our dream wedding a reality. I had no doubt Brian would do a great job. Being a good friend of the family for 15+ years, he truly showed our family a great time. The music selection was top notch. He was able to read the crowd and know what type of music people were enjoying. He played an amazing mix that was suitable for all ages. After the ceremony, people were coming up to us asking what the song list was while they were waiting for the ceremony to start. During the reception, people were already complimenting the song selections. 3 months after our wedding, people are continuing to share how much they enjoyed dancing. There was never a dull moment and we are confident our family and friends will continue talking about our wedding in years to come. Thanks to Cutting Edge Entertainment and Brian Lacivita we started our beginning on a happy note.

Profile Picture Kym, 5/17/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband and I got married less than three weeks ago at the beautiful Cairnwood Estate and had the pleasure of working with Richie Abrams from Cutting Edge. If you want a party that people rave about for weeks and don't stop dancing until they are kicked off the dance floor - Richie is your man!! From our initial meeting to the night of the wedding, Richie knew exactly what to do to keep the party going and running smoothly. He played all the right music and was accommodating to any of our requests...including mixing two songs for a fun father-daughter dance ;) We have heard nothing but great things about the dance party at the reception and I have a feeling people will be talking about our wedding for a long time! Thank you so much Richie for making our wedding night fun, exciting, and memorable! You are a fabulous DJ and definitely one of the best wedding day decisions we made! -Marci and Mike, 4-27-2013

Profile Picture Marci, 4/27/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie Abrams from Cutting Edge Entertainment was the DJ/MC for my wedding about three weeks ago. I have nothing but absolutely positive things to say regarding his service! I have already recommended him to four friends that are getting married in the next year! I completely attribute the success of our reception to his ability to read the crowd and play just the right music the entire night! I can not recommend him enough!

Profile Picture User1532294, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Adam Brand and Steve did an amazing job of DJing our wedding. During the process that led up to the wedding. Adam was responsive to our changes (many changes) and were able to accommodate us. They even were able to respond to a last minute change with seamless ability to accommodate us. I thoroughly enjoyed them and I would recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment and especially Adam and Steve to anyone

Profile Picture Shawn, 4/19/13, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Richie Abrams was our DJ for our wedding April 6th. When we first met him right off the bat he was so energetic and genuinely excited to be a part of our day. Richie created a timeline of events for the reception and was a huge help with giving us ideas to make it special and stand out. Also, he followed the timeline exactly as we worked it with him. So many DJ's promise you they will do things a certain way, then fall far short of what's expected. This guy and his company really delivered! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about our event! Any brides that ask me for a DJ I would say Richie from Cutting Edge DJ Entertainment is the one and only choice!!

Profile Picture Kristen, 4/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had the pleasure of working with Richie from Cutting Edge on our wedding day. We met with Richie a little over a year before our wedding and I knew immediately that I wanted him to MC and DJ our wedding. He has a great, upbeat attitude and is really friendly, you feel like you've known him for a while. We met with him again a few weeks before the wedding to pick out music and he really picked up on our taste in music very quickly, so the meeting was fun. On our wedding day Richie played all of the beautiful ceremony music and he also played music during the cocktail hour which was a nice addition. During dinner, people kept coming to my table to tell me how great the music was. Once the reception started, the dance floor was never empty. Richie played songs that made everyone get up and dance, and that is exactly what we wanted. We even put together a 80s-90s mix that everyone loved. After the wedding people kept telling me how awesome my DJ was and how much they loved the old school songs. I couldn't have been happier because music was one of the most important parts of the wedding for us, and the DJ was a hit! I would definitely recommened hiring Richie and Cutting Edge to anyone who is looking for great music and a great DJ! It was one of the best decisions we made.

Profile Picture User3162264, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie did an amazing job as our wedding DJ! Prior to the wedding he spent hours with us picking out the perfect music for both our ceremony and reception. We felt like we got personal attention with Cutting Edge, which was extremely important to us. He got to know our taste in music which helped him know the type of music to play. Throughout the wedding, he had everyone on the dance floor and even entertained my nephew with his DJ skills! People raved about the great music! There is no need to worry about your guests having a great time if you have a Richie behind the DJ booth - it's a guarantee that they will!

Profile Picture Laura, 1/19/13, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Richie Abrams and his team were incredible!! We were married the week Hurricane Sandy hit and just wanted to have an amazing party with all our friends and family who could make the wedding. Richie kept the dance floor pumping and a vast crowd of tastes happy from cocktail hour until the last song. Not only was he great during the day-of, the time leading up to the wedding was amazing. He was extremely organized, attentive, knowledgeable, upbeat and genuine - as were the whole staff at Cutting Edge (thanks, Kim!). We went through a long list of DJs and knew 2 minutes into our meeting with Richie that he was the best we'd seen and we had to have him. I want a friend to book him so I can party at another one of his weddings! The uplighting upgrade got us more compliments than we ever could have imagined - go for it, it's awesome!

Thanks, Richie for helping us have an amazing wedding and party! We had the BEST time! - Bri and Jon

Profile Picture User1686946, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Entertainer, Lighting & Decor

There was no question who our wedding DJ was going to be. Marc and the Cutting Edge team were a joy to work with from day one. Our first meeting was so laid back and professional at the same time - we left the office knowing our wedding was in good hands. We told Marc that we wanted a dance party and a good time for all of our guests. Ask and you shall receive! Our guests raved about what an amazing time they had dancing the night away! Marc kept the night running smoothly and on time. He worked with us on our introductions beforehand and they were so great! Our son felt so special being introduced as a wrestler, saying that Marc was "so awesome".

The uplighting Marc suggested was a beautiful touch to the reception. The room felt so cozy and intimate with the pink lights. And once the music started, the lights moved with the beat, really livening up the room.

Many of our guests have asked for our DJ's contact information and I am more than happy to forward it on. Anyone looking for a great DJ and company to deal with, should absolutely contact Cutting Edge Entertainment.

Thank you Marc and Cutting Edge for the great job and making our wedding so memorable!

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/2/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie did such a great job for us! We had numerous guests talk about the music. A huge reason for it being so good was that Richie listened to us...really listened to us. It was his number one priority that we had what we wanted. He was easy to get in touch with and was a consummate professional. I didn't know about Cutting Edge or Richie, but they had the highest recommendation from our photographer. She worked with Richie numerous times and liked him so much that she used him for her own wedding. Talk about an endorsement!

Profile Picture Joyce, 10/27/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I've been a little late in writing this but I definitely wanted to let people know that Cutting Edge is a great company to go with and Richie was an awesome DJ!! He made our wedding reception a true party. The dance floor was literally packed the whole night. We had met with a couple other places before picking Richie and we were sure glad we did. The one-on-one meetings were great b/c we just sat around and listened to music and talked. It was a very stress free environment and Richie made it fun and easy. Anyone who plans a wedding knows how frustrating dealing with vendors can be but this was one company that I enjoyed planning with and would highly recommend.
Everyone also knows how annoying brides can be but Richie was super chill and responded back to me right away whenever I called or emailed. The best part about having Richie as our DJ was that he literally let us do whatever we wanted. From letting our bridal party walk into Pantera (which was awesome) to playing five Backstreet Boys songs b/c I was obsessed with them back in the day.
I wanted to acknowledge my grandparents at my wedding and toast to how long they have been married. Richie did everything I asked and my speech and toast to them went perfectly. My grandparents got married 55 years ago so clearly their wedding song was not very well know anymore but I asked Richie if he could try and get it and he did!! It was a great feeling getting to see them dance to their wedding song 55 years later.
Overall Cutting Edge is great and my only experience with them has been with Richie so I highly recommend him. He played all the music we asked for and went above and beyond to make our day one we will never forget.

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/20/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had the privilege of having Brian Lacivita as our wedding DJ at the Hyatt at the Bellevue this past weekend and he was awesome! He was great at reading the crowd and kept the dance floor packed all night! Multiple guests asked me for his playlist the following day. We can't thank him enough and highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/13/12, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife found Cutting Edge on websites such as this and we feel compelled to give back to the community which gave us such a special day! Richie was our MC and he did a fantastic job! From the day we met him we were very impressed with his professionalism - And here I thought they just play some songs for you, right? Wrong! I had no idea how much thought and preparation goes not only into the music, but into the whole evening's structure, and Richie walked us through in a thoughful manner always asking us for feedback, etc.

Finally, after months of preparation the night's celebration was a huge hit! Richie was awesome, so personable and fun, and the choice and flow of music was spot on - from dinner to dancing the night away, everyone commented how great the song selections were. And poor Richie had to contend with certain music requests which he knew we either wouldn't like or could kill the mood. As promised he just stayed true to us - never saying "the bride and groom doesn't want this", but rather "I'll try to get to it"...perfect!!

We cannot recommend Cutting Edge and specifically Richie enough. They did a great job!

Profile Picture Todd, 9/22/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We found Cutting Edge Entertainment and after reading other reviews, requested Richie for our September wedding. We were sold after meeting with him once and became so excited after sitting down with him to review the plan for the day. He had great suggestions, worked eagerly with the songs and traditions we proposed, and was able to fill in the gaps when needed. The day of, from the ceremony to the dancing, the music was spot on! Richie kept the crowd energized, interacted well with our guests, and provided great introductions. Everyone had a blast and I know a large part of that was due to Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment!

Profile Picture Samantha, 9/8/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I recently had Richie Abrams as our DJ for our wedding at Aldie Mansion in Doylestown. He couldn't have done a better job. We had a great time meeting with him and going over the music we did and did't want played at our wedding. He picked up on our music preferences immediately and made our wedding a blast. We had a lot of requests, such as starting songs at specific spots (1 min 15 seconds into a song) for our processional and wanting certain songs played at specific times during the wedding, all of which where done exactly as asked. Richie was the best and we would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Eric, 9/2/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge Entertainment truly helped make our wedding beyond special.
Craig and the rest of his staff were incredible - from the first minute we set foot in his office, until the last of our wedding guests left the venue, they were immensely helpful, caring, considerate, polite and so much fun!
Our wedding was amazing and they helped us organize the whole thing.
For them, it wasn't just about showing up and playing the music (which they did perfectly). It was about getting to know us and helping to create the perfect mood and tone for us and our guests. We can't say enough about how wonderful Cutting Edge was - if you don't use them, you are missing out!

Thanks so much guys!

Sara & Evan

Profile Picture Sara, 9/2/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife and I recently used Cutting Edge DJ’s for our wedding. They did a fantastic job throughout the entire process. We worked with Adam, who was very attentive throughout the planning process. He was very good about responding to emails and gave us lots of ideas for specific dance songs. They did an excellent job having a remote speaker during out cocktail hour, which was out of view from guests but we were still able to hear the music.

During the reception Adam kept a good pace of dancing and breaks for speeches, dinner, etc. Also the noise level of the music and microphone was excellent, not so loud that you could not hear people speak, and not too low that you cold not hear the music. My wife and I would recommend Cutting Edge DJ’s for a wedding.

Profile Picture Zachary, 8/18/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

DJ Richie Abrams and his team were amazing at our wedding! They were very professional and personable. He provided great music and kept the party going to the very end. He definitely provided a very memorable wedding day. I would definitely recommend him for your wedding and/or any function that require great music, great personality, and most importantly a great time!

Profile Picture Richard, 8/8/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

One of the most important items to us out our wedding was that everyone had fun on the Dance Floor. If you get Richie, you will not be disappointed!! He kept everyone on the dance floor and rocking all night long!!

Profile Picture Steven, 8/4/12, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian from Cutting Edge was such a wonderful MC for our wedding! He understood the music we wanted played, and did more than just "play music" -- he kept the party going all night long, and provided the perfect soundtrack and narration to keep energy levels high. Not only did he do our reception, but he provided cocktail and ceremony music, too. In meeting with Brian, he understood our likes (ranging from country and rap (husband) to everything in between (me), and provided the perfect mix to keep all our guests happy. There were a few obsucre songs we wanted, and right in our meeting, Brian made sure to find and download them.

We found Cutting Edge Entertainment's packages to be extremely competitive, and one of the best bonuses was they have inexpensive uplighting, which truly took our reception decor to the next level!

Profile Picture Brianne, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I recently got married at the Loews Hotel in Philadelphia and utilized Cutting Edge Entertainment for my DJ and MC. We were lucky enough to get Brian as our DJ / MC. He was fantastic and made the night flow so perfectly. He played exactly the music we and our guests love to hear and everyone had such a great time dancing. If you are recently engaged and looking for a DJ, I would highly recommend Brian from Cutting Edge Entertainment!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I would highly recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment for your next affair. Richie Abrams is as good as it gets as a MC and his crew was amazing. The Up-lighting and Over head lighting that was setup by Richie and his Crew was absolutely amazing. If you are looking for a DJ with true professionalism and tremendous expertise Cutting Edge Entertainment should be your #1 choice.

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/22/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor

Richie was the MC/DJ at my cousins' wedding. Everyone had a blast so I HAD to book him for my wedding too! Our wedding was AMAZING and everyone had FUN. What I valued most was his personal touch.
We were having a traditional Asian Wedding but wanted American customs and music. Richie met up with us several times and helped us incorporate 3 cultures! Chinese, Vietnamese and American. The older generation was very pleased. He also went beyond his duties and mixed us our first dance song. He really made our wedding UNFORGETTABLE!

Profile Picture Nancy, 6/9/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

AMAZING DJ!! All I wanted for my wedding was a dance party! Richie made that happen! He kept the music going the whole time! Even with all the details I had planned for the day... the one thing my guests remembered was that the music was AWESOME & they had a great time! Music shouldn't be a worry on your wedding day - I would def recommend Richie (Cutting Edge Entertainment) to everyone!

Profile Picture Bernadette, 5/12/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge was awesome through out the entire process. Richie Abrams was great, no pressure, our first meeting was relaxed and a ton of fun. Richie is cool on stage, none of that cheesy stuff we have seen from other DJs. The music was awesome. The dance floor was full, we couldn't have asked for anything more.

Profile Picture John, 11/25/11, 5 Reviews