Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

249 | Huntingdon Valley, PA

249 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

249 Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Regina · Married on 05/16/2015

If you want your wedding reception to be the best party ever, look no further than Cutting Edge Entertainment and DJ Richie Abrams. I used to work for CEE and had high expectations for Richie as my wedding DJ/MC - but he absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. At one point I stepped back and looked around the room and saw only about 10 people who were not dancing - I had over 200 guests! Richie ran through all of the formalities seamlessly and then packed the dance floor for the rest of the night - I could not have asked for anything more. Also, my husband and I are very into music and had asked him to play specific songs for specific moments - we also gave him a playlist for during dinner - and he managed to incorporate everything we wanted, which really gave it the personal touch we were looking for. He also was excellent in keeping in touch with me throughout the night to make sure everything was going smoothly and that we were happy. In fact, Richie's communication throughout the planning went above and beyond - he was always responsive and helpful. I cannot say enough about CEE and Richie and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! We could never thank them enough for making our wedding reception everything we dreamed of and more.

Carolyn · Married on 05/09/2015

My husband and I used Cutting Edge for our May 2015 wedding and they did such an amazing job! We worked with Richie and we couldn’t have been happier with all the help he provided before the wedding as well as playing everything we wanted at the wedding! We met with Richie a week or so before the wedding and he went over the entire wedding day timeline with us which made us feel so much more comfortable. I even gave him my crazy song playlist that I wanted played at the wedding and he did an amazing job at playing the songs at exactly the right time to get everyone dancing. Our wedding was a blast and our guests had such a good time dancing all night because of Richie! I really couldn’t have asked for a better DJ and wouldn’t hesitate to use him for another event or recommend to a friend or family member for their wedding! If you’re thinking of using them do it!! You won’t be disappointed!

sarah · Married on 05/05/2015

We worked with Adam for our wedding and he did a great job! We provided him a huge list of songs and he did a great job integrating them into the mix. He was very professional and kept the party going the entire time. SO much fun and very highly recommend working with the Cutting Edge team!

Graciela · event on: 03/21/2015

Fabulous! My daughter's BatMitzvah/ Birthday was awesome. Everyone, adults as well as children had a blast. I would certainly send anyone who asks me to them. Richie and his crew were amazing!

Colleen · Married on 12/27/2014

My husband and I booked Cutting Edge for our wedding in December 2014, and we could not have been happier with our experience! We worked with Steve F., and he did an incredible job providing the music for our big day- the dance floor was packed the entire night, and guests are still raving about how much fun they had. My husband and I had a very specific vision for the music for our wedding, and we wanted to be very hands-on in the overall music choices. Steve was great in guiding us through this process, while making sure we addressed all of the important details of the evening (overall timeline, first dances, special requests, etc.). We had lots of ideas, and he was great at providing us with suggestions and advice, while still being very attentive and respectful of our wishes. He made sure that the music was about us, and that we had a big say in the overall vibe of our reception. He executed our choices perfectly, while also bringing his own expertise to add the perfect blend of "oldies" and contemporary choices. He read the crowd so well, and kept everyone up and dancing from start to finish. He was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire evening, and I do not have a single complaint about his performance. I did not have to worry about anything, and he helped to ensure that the music during our wedding was top-notch and exactly what we were hoping for. He was so willing to help in any way possible, and it was truly a pleasure working with him. I would recommend him to any couples- you will not be disappointed! Overall, we would book Cutting Edge and Steve again without hesitation. Thanks for a wonderful time and fabulous music!

Nicole · Married on 11/22/2014

Words cannot express how wonderful Richie was to work with. He made the whole experience extremely easy for us. From the very first meeting we knew we had chosen the best company and dj to work with. My guests are still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding. I missed a couple aspects of the night because I was dancing so much. Richie is absolutely amazing!!! You will not regret hiring him!

Andy · Married on 11/01/2014

We knew we wanted to work with Richie after one meeting with him. The first thing that comes across is you know he cares about his work and will do everything he can to make your wedding as special as possible. We didn't get that same impression meeting with a couple other "DJ Factories" if you will. Richie walked us through a timeline and how the reception would flow. But at the same time was very open to our ideas and wanted to make sure he incorporated them to make sure the day was specific to us.

The reception went as flawlessly as we could of hoped with Richie at the helm. We got great feedback from our guests on how personable he was and of course how great the music was which kept people dancing all night. We would absoutely recommend Richie for your wedding or any special event as your DJ.

Vinny · Married on 10/18/2014

Richie killer it at my wedding! My wife and I went all 80's music and Richie nailed it!

• O

Olivia · Married on 09/20/2014

The minute we spoke to Richie on the phone, we knew he was our guy.

He was personable, charming and had tons of charisma. We're a musical couple (I'm a country singer and my new husband is a grammy nominated record producer) and we wanted to have a DJ that could really play some key songs, do great introductions and create an atmosphere that was exciting, but not cheesy. Richie was so incredible with walking us through the layout for the wedding by SKYPE chat. Our wedding had many live performances (singer/songwriter type stuff) and he kept everyone on their feet, dancing & having an amazing time the minute one of those stopped.

Richie kept the flow going and the night was flawless. We're so thankful we found him and we will definitely hire him again if we ever have another event that needs a DJ. Cutting Edge is a fantastic company and they were extremely professional and made the whole process easy breezy.

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2014

I do not normally write reviews for anything, but my husband and I were so impressed by the DJ services we received from Steve at Cutting Edge Entertainment. Let me put it this way, we had zero stress when it came to our wedding entertainment. We literally met with Cutting Edge only one month before our wedding. After our first meeting with Steve and Richie our decision was made. They made us feel so comfortable and like we didn't have to do anything from that moment forward except answer a few questions. I texted Steve one day before our wedding to mention a few songs/bands I would like to hear and his exact response was that he was excited for the add-ons!!! At one point in the night I went up to thank him and request a song and he had his phone open to that text. I was so impressed by his diligence to make sure Matt and I got everything we wanted. Our wedding turned out perfect! And Steve our DJ was by far one of the best aspects of our wedding. I CAN NOT wait to hire him for the next big party we have.

Julie · Married on 09/06/2014

All I can say is wow! DJ Richie did such an amazing job at my wedding. To this day guests of the wedding are still telling me how great my DJ was which is so nice to hear. At our final meeting Richie wrote down our requests and exactly the songs we wanted for the ceremony and reception dances and we planned the whole event out. The entire day went so smoothly, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding. Thank you so much!

Julie S.

Tammy · Married on 08/29/2014

We hired Richie as our DJ for our wedding because he DJ'ed our friends wedding a few years ago and as guests, we had a blast! Richie was great during the whole planning process and had awesome suggestions to help make the night go smoothly! As out of town wedding planners, we met over Skype and he was super flexible and helped answer all of our questions! We wanted to end the night with a packed dance floor and Richie made it happen! Thank you!!

Kyle · Married on 08/22/2014

We knew that a quality DJ was critical for a wedding and we decided to ask friends for help. A friend of mine from work hired Richie with Cutting Edge for her wedding. She had nothing but positives things to say. Fellow employees who attended her wedding also gave rave reviews. We met up with Richie and after our first meeting we knew we were in good hands. Richie was very professional at our wedding and our guests are still talking about the music. He kept everyone dancing and played a wide variety of music for all our guests. We can't thank Richie enough for perfecting the music for our wedding!

Mary · Married on 08/16/2014

Richie Abrams worked our wedding on August 16, and he was absolutely terrific. I still have guests, months later, telling me that I threw a "hell of a party," and that it was "a great time." I have to credit most of this to the awesome job that Richie did with the entertainment - my husband, our families, and our guests did not leave the dance floor all night. Richie was responsive to our "must play" list - our families are Irish, and we sent him more "obscure" songs that we hoped we could play during dinner and the cocktail hour. He delivered! My family was so happy to hear some of our favorite traditional tunes, and at least one of the them made a point to come up to me during dinner and say that it was really nice that we had played some of our heritage music. He worked with us even during the reception when we had some hiccups (unrelated to the entertainment) and we made some changes on the fly - no one ever would have known it from how smoothly he handled it. Richie is just an all-around fantastic, professional DJ to work with. I am going to recommend him and Cutting Edge to anyone I know who needs a DJ for their event in the future!

Haley · Married on 08/09/2014

My groom and I chose Cutting Edge Entertainment to provide the music, mc'ing, and fun on our wedding day. Without a doubt, they delivered on all accounts in a professional yet intimate fashion. Cutting Edge Entertainment's Steve F. acted as the DJ/MC extraordinaire throughout our top notch experience. About six months prior to our wedding we met with Steve and he immediately began addressing our questions and requests without problem (and continued to do so up until the last minute of the night!). From the get go it was clear that Steve was not a DJ who was out to boost his own ego by playing music of his own liking (a big fear of mine) but one who was able to adapt and personalize the entertainment so that we (and the guests) were the stars of the show. From the cocktail hour to first dances to a full-dance floor, Steve was able match the energy through his song choices (while also incorporating the songs that we requested be played in the appropriate spots). As far as his work as a master of ceremony, Steve made sure that everything went smoothly and timely according to the itinerary that was checked not only with us but also the caterer at the venue. His interaction with the bridal and groom parties and ourselves was sincere, meaningful, and most importantly fun! One tidbit that should reveal just how high quality of a DJ Steve actually was is the fact that both my husband and I label ourselves as non-dancers, danced from beginning to end (along with 75% of our guests). Multiple guests have already asked for information on Steve so clearly a positive impression was made on everyone who attended. If you choose to go with a DJ for your wedding, it would be a mistake not to book Cutting Entertainment's Steve F.

Briana · Married on 07/26/2014

Choosing a DJ is a critical decision concerning your wedding reception. Cutting Edge Entertainment was helpful and professional from the very first phone call until our last guest left our reception. We hired Richie as our MC and lead DJ. He was able to answer all of our questions, help us choose certain songs, and arrived promptly on our wedding day. Richie was upbeat and personable. You could tell that our family and friends really enjoyed the music selection. We would definitely recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment for your upcoming event!

My husband and I could not have been happier with the work of DJ Richie Abrams. From our first appointment months prior to our wedding to the last few minutes of our wedding night, Richie took into account our needs and requests and helped make the night fabulous! All of our guests from young to old had a great time on the dance floor due to the mix of music he played. Richie truly added to the fun atmosphere we wanted our wedding night to be all about. Not only that, he made us feel at ease and took care of orchestrating the activities and timing of the evening in coordination with the wedding planner. Hands down, Best DJ for a wedding !

Cutting Edge was recommended to me by a friend/colleague who had recently used this DJ/MC for their wedding. Tony Azzaro, in particular was recommended for his friendliness, professionalism and attention to detail. With so many details already to take care of, Tony was fabulous. He listened to me, was prompt and responsive, and had a great eye for detail. The music/MC at the wedding was flawless. I am thrilled with the company and with Tony. Bravo!

Kelli · Married on 07/12/2014

My husband I recently worked with Richie from Cutting Edge for our July 12th wedding and I must say he was amazing to work with!! From the moment we met him about a year ago until the day of my wedding he was a pleasure to work with. He made the process so easy! Everyone couldn't stop raving about how awesome our DJ was and everyone was up dancing the whole night! Choosing Richie from Cutting Edge was one of the best decisions we made!
    Thank you Richie for help making our wedding the best day of our lives!!

Lori · Married on 06/08/2014

Richie from Cutting Edge Entertainment was really amazing to work with and he made everything so easy for us. He made sure I got everything I wanted for my wedding. The music for the ceremony and reception was perfect. I received so many compliments from my guests about the music and about Richie as the DJ. He really got the crowd moving on the dance floor, even the older crowd! As an MC, he was very organized and was on top of everything on my wedding day. He was professional, yet fun on my wedding day and throughout the entire process. This is the second time I've used Cutting Edge Entertainment for a family event and I highly recommend them!

• Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie · Married on 06/07/2014

WOW!! What can I say about Cutting Edge and especially Richie Abrams?

My short answer is that everyone was on the dance floor and everyone, I repeat EVERYONE left our wedding saying how incredible the music was and they have never had so much fun at a wedding.

Here is my long answer. From the very first meeting we knew Richie was our guy, he is incredibly personable, fun and outgoing. My fiancé's dad even loved him. He was as excited about our wedding as we were and that really came through in his preparation and execution during the reception. He is incredibly easy to work with, he knows exactly what to do and when to do it and guess what, it worked! Richie had the same goals we did, he wanted everyone to be dancing and we trusted him 100% to make it happen and he did exactly that! I really cannot give enough praise to Richie for the job he did.

I would recommend him for any DJ job and would hire him again in a heartbeat. He really is worth it!

Just a quick disclaimer, I usually do not write reviews and would not give this much praise for someone who does not deserve it, but Richie was incredible, it was a pleasure working with him, he made our wedding a dream come true and is beyond deserving of every word written here.

Richie, if you're reading this, thank you again so so zoo much for everything!!

Anne-Sophie & Brandon

kevin · Married on 06/06/2014

Richie and Kevin were amazing. Some of my friends were on the dance floor from the second they finished dinner until the wedding was over. The music was perfect and everyone had a great time. Thank you again guys!

Julie · Married on 05/31/2014

We used Richie from cutting edge entertainment and he was great!! He walked us thru all the types of music we could play to get the "feel" we were going for. He even helped us pick out our first dance song. He really knows his music and did a great job of reading our guests. People were dancing all night long! I had family members tell me how great the music was days after the wedding. I am super happy with Richie and CEE I would absolutely recommend using them for your wedding!!

• User4192851 · 2+ years ago

We loved working with our DJ! Richie was great from the beginning. He worked with our schedules for meetings, listened to what we wanted and helped decide what we were unsure of. And the day of our wedding was a blast! Richie made sure everyone was enjoying the party, from the bride and groom to even our littlest guest! We couldn't have asked for a better time!

Richie Abrams with Cutting Edge Entertainment was our DJ/MC for our wedding reception 2 weeks ago. He provided music for both our ceremony and reception. We were extremely happy with how smoothly everything went! Not only did we have people of all ages on the dance floor all night, but we got many compliments from our guests after the wedding about the variety of music..there was truly something for everyone. He had the ability to feel out the crowd and cater song selection to keep everyone on the dance floor, while at the same time ensuring all the songs we requested were played. Richie was also very knowledgable about the jewish traditions, which allowed us to seamlessly incorporate the hora and jewish blessings into our reception. He also checked in frequently throughout the night to make sure everything ran according to schedule.

We highly recommend Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment!