244 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

Liability Insurance (13)
Uplighting (12)
Photobooth (5)
229 Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

It was fun working with Richie. He was engaging and kept the guests on the dance floor until midnight.

Profile Picture User6324357, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

Richie and his crew were the perfect compliment to our wedding! He played as many songs that we requested while keeping the party going. Richie had everyone dancing until the very end of our wedding, and our guests have since raved about the music. Thank you, Richie for making our wedding memorable and for being a fantastic MC.

Profile Picture Allison, 12/11/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I loved Richie with cutting edge entertainment! He was absolutely amazing. I had to do everything from out of town and Richie was beyond accommodating. He kept people on the dance floor, made the day move smoothly and was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. I would highly recommend Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment to any couple that wants a high energy and fun reception!

Profile Picture Gina, 12/4/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Richie Abrams and the team at Cutting Edge for our wedding on 11/7/15. We're so happy with our decision! My husband works in radio and was a radio DJ In the past, so music was very important to him. Additionally, his father used to play in a wedding band for years, so it was tough to get everyone on board with the DJ.

However, we don't regret our decision at all! Richie is so much fun and a true professional. The playlist was just about perfect (two no-plays snuck in, but we didn't feel super strongly either way-- they were really "rather not plays") and the dance floor was packed all night. We got so many compliments on our choice of DJ, including one from a family friend who DJs regularly in the area (we wanted him to just be a guest) and others from people who are firmly in the "band over DJ" camp. The playlist was so "us" that people asked my husband if he made it (no shade to the professionals-- just an idea of how well they read us and our personalities).

Cutting Edge's prices are reasonable, and they truly made the party. I would book them again in a heartbeat. You can't go wrong with this vendor. So happy with our decision, and still riding high from the day.

Profile Picture Kristen, 11/7/15, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

My husband, Andrew, and I used Richie Abrams with Cutting Edge Entertainment for our wedding at the DuPont Country Club in Wilmington, DE on October 24, 2015. We were absolutely thrilled with our decision!

Richie and the team at Cutting Edge Entertainment are professional, available, and so much fun! I am still hearing from our guests about how much fun they had at our wedding! Andrew and I heard about their company through multiple wedding websites, and after a phone call with Richie we were sold. Richie made the process easy and was available for questions at any time. He was very accommodating of our requests and needs. For our package, we chose to use Cutting Edge Entertainment for our DJ services, photobooth, uplighting, and GoBo design. The fact that their company had a package that included all of these was amazing!

Richie kept our guests dancing with a seamless transition of music to please every age. Andrew and I were literally on the dance floor all night enjoying the music with out guests! The photobooth was probably the biggest hit with out guests, the attendants told my parents they almost ran out of film because it was being used so much! The uplighting set the mood in such a romantic way and the GoBo design was exactly what we wanted.

I would recommend any bride-to-be and groom-to-be to go with Cutting Edge Entertainment. The DJ services is a huge part of the wedding reception. They keep the party going with all of the events and music. Richie absolutely made our special day amazing!

Profile Picture Amy, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Where to begin?! My wife and I chose Cutting Edge Entertainment to DJ our October wedding at the Michener Art Museum in Doylestown and couldn't have asked for better service! After being introduced to and communicating with Richie, we were able to book Brian Lacivita to help with our special day. From the very beginning everyone at Cutting Edge was very professional and easy to work with. Brian did an incredible job working with us to put together a night full of music that everyone in that attended could dance to. After meeting with Brian weeks before the wedding to go over the game plan of the wedding day, from names and introductions to first dances, we proceeded to completely switch up the introduction order minutes before the wedding party was introduced. Without skipping a beat, Brian made the necessary adjustments and proceeded to introduce the wedding party as if nothing had changed! His attention to detail and ability to read the room helped make the night one we will never forget! It was nice to work with a DJ company that was focused on creating the night of entertainment we were looking for rather than their own agenda. We would highly recommend the talented team at Cutting Edge Entertainment! Thank you Brian!!

Profile Picture Reed, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

He did my wedding and Richie was excellent. There wasn't a single person not dancing, people still say how much fun they had. Would recommend to anyone.

Profile Picture Stephen, 10/10/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

DJ Richie Abrams was brilliant! Since day one, Richie made the planning process so easy and stress free. He was easy to communicate with, consistently available by phone or email and would get back to us right away, explained to us exactly what to expect, and was open to our suggestions/ideas. At our wedding reception, he ran the night so seamlessly and perfectly, which allowed my husband and I to kick up our feet and enjoy the night! He played a wide range of songs for all ages to enjoy, playing the perfect balance of the classics and today's music hits. Everyone danced the night away and our guests to this day still comment how amazing our DJ was! Thank you so much Richie!

Profile Picture Karen, 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Lighting & Decor
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List

Steve with Cutting Edge was awesome as our wedding DJ. We were planning the wedding from out of town, but that wasn't a problem at all. After a few skype conversations and emails Steve was able to really get a sense of what we were looking for in our wedding music. He provided music for the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. He made sure to include the songs that we requested, added songs that fit our style, and was also able to read the room to make sure everyone was having a great time. We had a full dance floor until the very end of our reception and had many people say how much they enjoyed our DJs and how nice they were as well.

Profile Picture Abby, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie Abrams DJ'd my wedding Sept 18th and he was awesome. Not only was the day fantastic, he made the entire process a breeze. He knew exactly what to do and how to map out the evening so there was no down time between courses or time where people were not on the dance floor. I can't thank him and his team enough. I highly recommend Cutting Edge and especially Richie!

Profile Picture Trish, 9/18/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We came across Cutting Edge Entertainment just by Google. Once we met with them we knew we had to use them. Richie was great getting us set up with the DJ that best fit our needs. Our DJ was Adam and he was amazing! We couldn't have asked for a nicer more professional DJ. Everyone that came to our wedding said they loved Adam and that it was the best wedding they had been to! Thank you Adam, for making our day perfect!

Profile Picture Beth, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We worked with Adam and he was great. We booked with Adam about a year out. He contacted us to meet with him a few weeks before the wedding. He made us feel at ease about the music we were looking for and gave us some great suggestions for the areas we weren't sure about yet. His suggestions ended up being some of the songs our guests were talking about the most after.

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/29/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

My wife and I thank god everyday that we found Rich to DJ our wedding. He made the day you couldn't expect to get any better...well..way way better. One year later he did the same for my sister and her husband at their wedding. Please just sit down with Rich for 5 minutes and you will be hooked!

Profile Picture Rich, 8/8/15, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had our wedding this past Saturday, July 25th, and it was absolutely everything we could have hoped for. Richie Abrams was our DJ and I can't even begin to explain how awesome he was! He was very accommodating to requests made and he made sure everyone had fun. Everyone was out there on the dance floor! We even had a 99th birthday for my great grandmother and he made the announcement and had everyone sing her happy birthday! It was wonderful! Everything was fantastic. If you're in need of a DJ for your wedding definitely use Cutting Edge, you will not be disappointed. Very reasonably priced for an awesome experience!

Profile Picture Kiersten, 7/25/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I highly recommend DJ Tony from Cutting Edge Entertainment to DJ any special occasion! Tony made the entire wedding planning process so much easier for me. In the last month before my wedding I would send Tony random emails at all hours of the day asking him his opinion about specific songs and he always responded back to me within a couple hours.
On the day of our wedding Tony showed up to the venue extra early to set up. The wedding coordinator/photography team I was working with can be a little aggressive with other vendors but Tony was able to establish a great relationship with them at the start of the day. As far as his work as a master of ceremony, Tony made sure that everything went smoothly and timely according to the itinerary our wedding coordinator/photographer had created that was checked not only with us but also the manager at the venue. I emailed Tony a long playlist of songs I wanted played at the wedding and he did an amazing job at playing the songs at exactly the right time to get everyone dancing. Not only was Tony an amazing DJ/MC but he also spent a considerable amount of time throughout the night checking in with me-making sure I had eaten something, letting me know we were going to do the cake cutting in 10 minutes, etc. I had told Tony at our meeting that my fiancé was super nervous about the first dance and didn’t even want to have a first dance song. Tony remembered this and had talked to our photographer before the wedding and was able to keep us out on the dance floor long just long enough for our photographer to get all of the shots he needed, which my now husband very much appreciates!
Our wedding was perfect and we have Tony to thank for that. He really went above and beyond what I had envisioned my dream wedding DJ to be. Our wedding was 2 weeks ago and already 4 guests from our wedding have reached out to me to ask for Tony’s contact information.

Profile Picture Kristine, 7/18/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

I cannot recommend Richie enough! People are still telling us how much fun our wedding was, and EVERYONE says it was because the DJ was so awesome!!

Going into wedding planning, we knew we wanted to throw a great party with great music. We skyped with Richie and we knew right away that he was our guy. It's obvious he knows what he's doing. He knows a lot about all genres of music, and he knows how to run a party. We met with him in person before our wedding and he helped us choose all of the "important songs" for the day. The day of the wedding, he was on point in EVERY situation. He helped everything stay on time, and the music was PERFECT. The dance floor was packed. The dinner music was low-key yet classy. We had an amazing time and so did our guests. Richie is an awesome DJ and a serious professional. I would recommend him a thousand times over!!!

Profile Picture Nina, 7/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We are so happy that we chose Cutting Edge Entertainment for our wedding! Specifically, we were thrilled with the amazing job that Richie did as our DJ! From our first meeting with Richie we knew we wanted to book with him - we could tell that he was going to make our wedding so much fun. Richie thinks of everything - there are so many little details about planning wedding music that we never would have thought of on our own, and Richie covered every detail with us. He was incredibly professional, and we instantly clicked with him and felt at ease. We knew we could trust him to make our wedding a blast. We had so much fun in our prep meeting with him, listening to all kinds of music and making our choices for the wedding. He never rushed us or pushed us into making song decisions that we didn’t like, but he was also very helpful in making suggestions and providing helpful ideas. We had no worries going into the day - we knew that Richie would be a great MC who would have everything running smoothly. Richie showed up early and set up all of the microphones for our ceremony and made sure everything was in order. When we made a major change on the fly to move our first dance outside, Richie was totally cool about it all, and it all went off without a hitch. He does a great job of getting everyone on the dance floor, and he worked very well with all of our other vendors (most of which he had worked with quite a bit in the past). We had such a great party and know it wouldn’t have been as much fun without an awesome DJ like Richie!

Profile Picture Michelle, 7/5/15, 9 Reviews
Category: DJ

I could not recommend Richie and Cutting Edge enough! My friends and family are still talking about how great the music was at the wedding. I felt completely confident in the timeline Richie and our coordinator put together, and Richie was able to get all the guests where they needed to be quickly for first dances, speeches, and cake cutting. I couldn’t have done it without him. The music was absolutely perfect! We had specific songs that started/stopped at specific times for the ceremony, and Richie was flawless! During the reception he had everyone on the dance floor, and wouldn’t let them leave! Seriously, we could not get off that floor because each transition was smooth and perfectly went into the next amazing song. Stop looking and book Cutting Edge for your wedding, and ask for Richie. You will not find better!

Profile Picture colleen, 6/13/15, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We used Cutting Edge Entertainment for our wedding and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Leading up to the wedding, our DJ, Tony Azzaro, was responsive and helpful, even helping us pick out the perfect song for our wedding party entrance. He also suggested things we hadn't even considered - I didn't want to do the bouquet toss and at his suggestion, we had an anniversary dance instead (which was a big hit and a great memory).

He had said during our meeting that his brain worked like Pandora and he wasn't kidding - we gave him a list of songs, but he also played songs that we hadn't even remembered we loved. Our biggest wish was to keep everyone on the dance floor all night and this was certainly accomplished. We can't thank Tony, Richie, and the rest of the team enough.

Profile Picture Elaine , 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I just had our wedding at The Manor House at Prophecy Creek Park ("TMH") on 5/24/15, and Richie was our DJ. It was a true fairy tale wedding! Richie and his assistant DJ were absolutely incredible and accommodating. From planning to execution everything was simply perfect. He knew just what songs to recommend!

Family and friends continue to rave about how great Richie and the music were! We highly recommend Richie! Never once did we have to worry about everything running smoothly. Richie has worked with Terri Fair/TMH on many occasions as the preferred DJ, and you could certainly tell! He and Terri knew just how to work together perfectly and make the day flow seamlessly.

We look forward to attending a wedding with Richie as the DJ!

-The Lawtons

Profile Picture J Nicole, 5/24/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

We went with the company per a family suggestion and thank goodness we did!! It was great. Richie was awesome as DJ/MC!! He knows his stuff and our night was amazing. The mix of music throughout the evening was amazing. My ceremony also went off without a hitch

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

If you want your wedding reception to be the best party ever, look no further than Cutting Edge Entertainment and DJ Richie Abrams. I used to work for CEE and had high expectations for Richie as my wedding DJ/MC - but he absolutely blew my expectations out of the water. At one point I stepped back and looked around the room and saw only about 10 people who were not dancing - I had over 200 guests! Richie ran through all of the formalities seamlessly and then packed the dance floor for the rest of the night - I could not have asked for anything more. Also, my husband and I are very into music and had asked him to play specific songs for specific moments - we also gave him a playlist for during dinner - and he managed to incorporate everything we wanted, which really gave it the personal touch we were looking for. He also was excellent in keeping in touch with me throughout the night to make sure everything was going smoothly and that we were happy. In fact, Richie's communication throughout the planning went above and beyond - he was always responsive and helpful. I cannot say enough about CEE and Richie and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone! We could never thank them enough for making our wedding reception everything we dreamed of and more.

Profile Picture Regina, 5/16/15, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I used Cutting Edge for our May 2015 wedding and they did such an amazing job! We worked with Richie and we couldn’t have been happier with all the help he provided before the wedding as well as playing everything we wanted at the wedding! We met with Richie a week or so before the wedding and he went over the entire wedding day timeline with us which made us feel so much more comfortable. I even gave him my crazy song playlist that I wanted played at the wedding and he did an amazing job at playing the songs at exactly the right time to get everyone dancing. Our wedding was a blast and our guests had such a good time dancing all night because of Richie! I really couldn’t have asked for a better DJ and wouldn’t hesitate to use him for another event or recommend to a friend or family member for their wedding! If you’re thinking of using them do it!! You won’t be disappointed!

Profile Picture Carolyn, 5/9/15, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We worked with Adam for our wedding and he did a great job! We provided him a huge list of songs and he did a great job integrating them into the mix. He was very professional and kept the party going the entire time. SO much fun and very highly recommend working with the Cutting Edge team!

Profile Picture sarah, 5/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

My husband and I booked Cutting Edge for our wedding in December 2014, and we could not have been happier with our experience! We worked with Steve F., and he did an incredible job providing the music for our big day- the dance floor was packed the entire night, and guests are still raving about how much fun they had. My husband and I had a very specific vision for the music for our wedding, and we wanted to be very hands-on in the overall music choices. Steve was great in guiding us through this process, while making sure we addressed all of the important details of the evening (overall timeline, first dances, special requests, etc.). We had lots of ideas, and he was great at providing us with suggestions and advice, while still being very attentive and respectful of our wishes. He made sure that the music was about us, and that we had a big say in the overall vibe of our reception. He executed our choices perfectly, while also bringing his own expertise to add the perfect blend of "oldies" and contemporary choices. He read the crowd so well, and kept everyone up and dancing from start to finish. He was incredibly professional and helpful throughout the entire evening, and I do not have a single complaint about his performance. I did not have to worry about anything, and he helped to ensure that the music during our wedding was top-notch and exactly what we were hoping for. He was so willing to help in any way possible, and it was truly a pleasure working with him. I would recommend him to any couples- you will not be disappointed! Overall, we would book Cutting Edge and Steve again without hesitation. Thanks for a wonderful time and fabulous music!

Profile Picture Colleen, 12/27/14, 6 Reviews