Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

249 | Huntingdon Valley, PA

249 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

249 Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Nicole · Married on 06/12/2015

We had Richie Abrams as our MC and he was truly phenomenal. Leading up to the wedding he worked with us to get a good music plan, he accommodated our schedule since we were planning a wedding out of town and he really offered us great suggestions. We also used their LED Uplighting which really made our reception turn into a dance party. He played all the music that we requested and had everyone on the dance floor non-stop. We had so many guests tell us that they loved our DJ and that we danced more than any other bride and groom they have ever seen! He was so funny on the microphone and really made it a great atmosphere. We had such a blast and it really was made possible by Richie and Cutting Edge entertainment.

amy · event on: 05/17/2014

Tony and his crew from Cutting Edge Entertainment just did my daughters Bat Mitzvah this past weekend. Tony was great, so above and beyond what i would have expected. Everybody danced the whole time. Really kept the party alive. Multiple guests were commenting on how great he was. He really helped make our party a really great time. Thank you so much Tony and your dj and Dancer. You guys were awesome!!!!!!!!
    Definitely would highly recommend this company!!!!

Tony · Married on 10/11/2013

We had Brian from Cutting edge MCing and DJing for our wedding. Brian was great with his sense of humor and ability to adjust on the fly. The night of we had to shuffle things around and Brian was able to change what he had to say with introductions then and there. He kept the music mixed up and people happy. His experience really showed since he warned us of things before they even happened. Great time thanks to him.

Julia · Married on 09/29/2013

We worked with Richie who did a fantastic job. He helped us through the planning process with song selection, but was equally open to whatever we wanted. He listened to all of our suggestions and ideas for the wedding. At the wedding, we were running a bit late after cocktail hour, so Richie made some quick rearrangements to the schedule to make sure the food came out on time. The guests had no idea that the wedding did not go according to the originally planned schedule. Richie kept everyone dancing throughout the entire wedding. Most importantly, I have received a ton of emails and calls from guests telling me how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed themselves at our wedding! :-)

Maggie · Married on 04/11/2013

Richie from Cutting Edge was amazing! He was super friendly and personable on all phone calls, during the two meetings and on the wedding day. You can see that he enjoys what he does and takes it seriously- it's not some "side gig" for him. Cutting edge played music pre-ceremony, for the recessional, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. They also gave us a microphone for the ceremony and hooked my brother's violin up to one of their amps when he played during the ceremony.
    My guests were happy with his music choices, the fact that he didn't talk too much on the microphone and that he pronounced all of the last names correctly!! The only reason I didnt give all 5's was that there was some confusion with a song we wanted played during the ceremony and only about 15 seconds was played. The service was otherwise excellent. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THEM (especially Richie)HIGHLY ENOUGH!

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2009

I wish I could rate higher than a 5!!!!!! Rich from Cutting Edge was the easiest part of our wedding planning! We had an unusual first dance and he worked with us every step of the way to get the music just right and give our guests quite a suprise! Every song was perfectly executed! The way our venue was set up, there were no seats in the dance floor area, there was a quiet coffee room on the other side of the building for guests who didn't want to dance.... needless to say, not a single chair was moved! Everyone was on their feet dancing the whole time from age 3 - mid 70's! We even ended up extending the reception an extra hour because everyone was having such a great time!

We were lucky to have reccomended Rich to a friend for her wedding almost a year later and he was every bit as wonderful and engaging to the guests at her wedding!

If I could do it all again, besides my husband, Rich from Cutting Edge Entertainment would be my #1 go to guy!

Patrick · Married on 11/13/2016

We had Richie from Cutting Edge DJ our wedding ceremony and reception in November and our glad we went with them. They were professional and we were thorough with the whole planning. We didn’t realize how much planning was needed but Richie made the process easy and gave us his input where he thought would was needed. We wanted to enjoy our wedding day and make sure our guests had a great time and that’s what exactly what we got. For the most part, they played all the songs we requested. Richie kept the flow of the wedding as was able to keep everyone dancing enjoying themselves for the entire night. Both of us don’t like to dance but even we were up dancing and having a great time. We kept things very simple and were able to stay within our budget we set for a DJ. We’ve already recommended them to a few of our friends that are planning their wedding.

Cutting Edge Entertainment was great to work with through the entire process. We met initially to talk about their services, booked them, and then met a second time the week before the wedding to go over everything. They were receptive to our input and ideas. For example, they were willing to play a different song for each introduction of the bridal party. Their experience was apparent and made my husband and I feel confident about the music at our reception. Sure enough, the music was great and everything went well. Our guests were dancing the entire night!

Cutting Edge did a great job of finding out what was important to my bride and I, being very responsive, and extremely professional. Richie Abrams was our DJ and did a fantastic job of keeping the party going without messing up the natural flow of the event. He was very charismatic while not stealing the spotlight away from everyone else who was having fun. Would definitely recommend Cutting Edge and Richie to any bride or groom that want a very easy but still quality DJ for their wedding.

They played a diverse array of music every age group could enjoy. They were friendly, polite, respectful, approachable, and professional, among other great qualities. Can't sat enough about Cutting Edge, incredible work.

• User4196284 · 2+ years ago

Cutting Edge Entertainment was a great vendor to work with from our first consultation--even though our venue was an hour away from their office and we were living in another state. Rich and Tony were there from the beginning, working hard with us strangers toward a personal approach to our ceremony and reception. Tony worked with our schedules during the planning, using Skype and Google Docs to collaborate. Tony incorporated all of our requests, kept our reception moving smoothly, and--most importantly--our guests excited. Overall, we were very pleased to work with Tony and all of the Cutting Edge crew, and would highly recommend them!

Kristin · Married on 06/09/2012

We were SO happy with Cutting Edge for our MC/DJ. Having both the MC and DJ was a great choice. Brian our MC was great to deal with! We felt confident after our first meeting that Cutting Edge would be great. Then, meeting with Brian a few weeks before the wedding went great and he made us feel totally confident about our day. We had such a fun time dancing and received many comments from guests that they had a blast . They played a great variety of music so all generations could dance and we never heard a song from our do not play list!!

stacy · Married on 07/11/2010

We chose Rich at Cutting Edge Entertainment because of our first-hand experience at a friend's wedding. We enjoyed the music and his willingness to mix songs to make our day unique to our personalities.

Upon our first meeting, Rich explained the typical layout of a wedding and asked for our basic songs. When Rich realized we had nothing in mind, in took the time to make suggestions and play the songs right there at the office. Rich even worked with me on special requests. I wanted my father/daughter dance to be a mix of 2 songs, and I wanted the entrance into the reception to lead right into our first dance. Rich gave us his opinion on the situation, but did not force us to follow his ideas. He worked with us via e-mail and phone to ensure the mixed songs were perfect.

During the wedding, his experience was evident as he did not require my fiancée’ and I to submit a lengthy song list. We were able to trust his choices at the wedding.

I was apprehensive about how much “fun” our wedding was going to be since it was on a Sunday afternoon Rich’s music selection was perfect because his choices were able to provide the elegance and beauty of an outdoor wedding, and then turn our Sunday afternoon reception into what felt like a Saturday night bash. . Rich’s experience as a D.J., as well as his willingness to work with what the bride and groom desired, helped to create an unforgettable wedding experience.

Thanks Rich!

• W

Wendy · Married on 01/18/2010

We were very pleased and happy with there services. The DJ's were great, they did an exceptional job. The dance floor was never empty and everyone had such a great time. Mary who took the pictures throughout the day did such a great job and was able to capture wonderful candid pictures throughout the night

• Laura

Laura · Married on 11/03/2012

Cutting Edge entertainment did our music and lighting at the reception and did a great job! But what stood out the most was the extra work Brian put in. I wanted something special for my father daughter dance and he remixed more than a few songs to make it happen. The whole staff at Cutting Edge is a blast to work with from my first meeting with Richie, to contract discussions with Craig, calls with Kim, and all the fun with Brian it was a stress free experience from start to finish. Everyone should book them!

Shannon · Married on 08/10/2013

Richie was a great MC and DJ at our August wedding!

The entire process was very enjoyable and it was clear that everyone at Cutting Edge is all about the music. In fact, I still read their blogs. During our meetings, Richie helped us make selections and suggested what had worked for others before which was very helpful. He goes above and beyond to make sure you know he is there for you if you need.

Beforehand, we had submitted songs that were important and dedications that we wanted announced. Unfortunately not all of them were honored, including my parent's wedding song that we mentioned in a meeting. I heard later that others had requested songs throughout the night that were reasonable and still not played. Did it ruin my experience? Not at all. But certainly, you hope that everything you ask for is played.

Additionally, some of the songs had a beat running under it. This didn't change the songs much, but you could notice that the song wasn't quite the original that you are used to hearing. I mentioned that I didn't like that at a meeting, but our dance floor was certainly packed all night.

If I could do it again, I would just be much clearer about what I want and expect in the meetings.

We received many compliments about the music throughout the night and afterwards so I know our guests had a great time thanks to Richie.

Emem · Married on 06/15/2013

From our first visit with Richie and Tony, we knew that we wanted to go with Cutting Edge for our music. It is clear that Richie and his crew are extremely talented, professional, and most importantly, know how to work a crowd. Tony was excellent at incorporating a variety of songs from our list, including traditional and contemporary Nigerian music for my family. Overall Tony did a great job; I only wish I had more time to dance that night!

Tara · Married on 10/10/2015

We worked with Tony from Cutting Edge for our recent wedding. He definitely kept everyone dancing, and we had great feedback from several of our guests that the range of songs played satisfied family and friends of all ages. He was great at reading the crowd and anticipating what would keep people on the floor. Plus, the uplighting he and his co-DJ brought definitely added a little something extra to the room.

I think there may have been some miscommunication with the banquet staff regarding the timing of toasts and serving the first course, as well as the announcement of our dessert stations later in the evening, but ultimately that did not take away from the wonderful-ness of the evening.

Chris · Married on 12/06/2009

Cutting Edge did a great job at my wedding. They are extremely professional and responsive, and they did a good job reading the crowd at our wedding and knowing what music to play to keep everyone dancing. My husband and I didn't really have any idea what songs we wanted played for our first dance, the father/daughter dance, mother/son dance, etc. and Cutting Edge provided great suggestions and ideas. My only complaint is that there were specific things we did NOT want played (i.e., we didn't want any 'line dances' like the Electric Slide, etc) and, despite having communicated this to our DJ, he still played a couple of these songs. My advice is just to be really, really clear on your musical preferences. Otherwise, you can't go wrong with Cutting Edge.

My husband and I worked with Richie and Steve. At first I was a little hesitant to work with this group, but boy did they prove me wrong! They were so responsive and caring. Steve was our DJ and all of my guests kept raving about what a wonderful time they had dancing all night. Steve was wonderful during the entire planning process and he REALLY took his TIME making everything perfect for my husband and me.

Pamela · event on: 07/17/2015

3.5

Jack was fabulous!! The entire group was dancing from the minute they arrived!! One guest asked for his card so she could recommend Jack for the CB East Prom!

• User2074772 · 2+ years ago

4.2
      3.0

For our reception, we wanted only one music genre played, and our DJ, Craig took the time to meet with us (twice) in his office before the event to cement a playlist. He really understood what mood we wanted to create and defended our music choices against guest requests without hurting any feelings. The whole team from Cutting Edge was professional and worked to make sure our guests truly enjoyed their time on the dance floor. They didn't come cheap, but they were worth it.

Alex · Married on 10/18/2015

3.6
      3.0

Steve was our DJ from Cutting Edge, and he did a great job. Prices were extremely reasonable. We did however, provide Steve with an extensive list of songs that we had chosen to be played at the wedding, and many of them were not played. We trusted Steve 100% and let him decide what to play, but it would have been nice to hear more of the song list, and less of the other songs we didn't really know, as each song had a significant meaning to us. There were also a few times where it didn't seem seamless, with a few awkward silence moments, and guests not dancing. We would have preferred him/or his partner tried to engage the crowd more.

Theresa · Married on 10/02/2010

3.6
      2.5
      3.0

Criag was great throughout the planning process but did not follow through on the day of the wedding.We were overall disappointed that many of the songs we requested they play were not played, and genres that were specifically asked to avoid were played at the reception.

For the money, they were ok but I would request a different emcee if i used them again.