Cutting Edge Entertainment Reviews

Cutting Edge Entertainment 2
Cutting Edge Entertainment 3
Cutting Edge Entertainment 4

Rita · Married on 10/12/2008

They were cooperative to my requests, pleasant, on time, my guests really enjoyed the music they provided. They were very nice to my guests and moved the reception along in an extremely professional way. They were great.

Sent on 01/11/2009

Barb · Married on 10/11/2008

Cutting Edge was my first and only choice for my wedding DJ. Our DJ as Richie Abrams. I could not have asked for a better DJ. We met with him personally prior to our wedding. He went over all the music we wanted and didn't want. I was so happy on our wedding. They respected all my songs (playing the ones I wanted -- playing the ones I didn't). Richie made the day entertaining and fun. I would recommend Cutting Edge and Richie Abrams to anyone!!! Thanks Richie for a great day!

Sent on 02/10/2011
  • I

k · Married on 10/04/2008

I found out about Cutting Edge from a co-worker who used them for a 50th anniversary party she said that the DJ she had was the best. So I called and spoke with Maura. She was very helpful and full of information. When I asked about maybe setting up a meeting she was great (I was a bit worried that meetings were only M-F) and she gladly set up a meeting for a Saturday afternoon. The meeting went great and I got to see a video on some of the MCs. I told her I had to shop around a bit before I settled on a MC but Cutting Edge was defiantly in the running. So I called around and I could not find a better price (with all that the package came with) or a better company. I have to say that everyone from from Cutting Edge that myself or my now husband spoke to was friendly and informative.

Our wedding was amazing all the music was played at the right times, Ritchie(our MC) made sure that everyone was where the were supposed before he started to play a song for the cake,flowers,etc... The best part was that neither my husband nor I had to worry about a thing. All we had to do was have fun and enjoy our day. When we came back from our honeymoon everyone I spoke to said the same thing that they have never seen everyone at a wedding get up and dance and have such a good time. That is why I think Cutting Edge Entertainment is the best.....

Sent on 01/22/2009

Mary · Married on 09/13/2008

My fiance Tom and I met with Maura last spring and chose Cutting Edge for the entertainment for our day. What we liked the most was the artistic control we had over the music played at our reception. Rich was our M.C. and he sat with us and worked out the music for our introductions, dances-we went into our day confident that the dance floor would be filled. The day was great so many of our friends said the music made the receptions and we would happily recommend Cutting Edge to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 01/22/2009

Claire · Married on 08/30/2008

Cutting Edge was one of 3 DJ's my husband and I met with before my wedding. They were by far the most professional and informative. We met with Maura initially who showed us a video and talked with us about what they offer and provide at a wedding. They offered the most for their price and at first we were a little concerned that we weren't really paying enough for what they would offer. We just weren't sure how it would really turn out. Still Maura responded to all of the e-mails I sent to her and when Adam was chosen as our MC she sent me an email to let me know he would be in touch. That evening I received a phone call phone him introducing himself. We scheduled a time to meet with him and discussed the music for the reception. He made suggestions for us and we listened to some song samples and when I finally emailed him our choices he responded to me right away.

On the day of our wedding the dance floor was packed the entire time! Everyone had a great time dancing to the music and even the oddest of requests (a polka) was played. Family who originally was upset we weren't having a band were very happy with the music selection as there was something for everyone! It really made the reception memorable and a great time!

Sent on 09/05/2008

Veronica · Married on 08/16/2008

Several of my girlfriends used Cutting Edge, and of all the DJs I looked at they seemed the most attentive to my ideas and wants. My MC guy was Marc and he called us a few times after our meeting with him to go over the details, just to make sure we didn't have any changes. Not only was he a good DJ but he was a great guy. I think I felt like he was a friend by the end of the reception, and my only regret is that we didn't let him sit down and eat with us.

The music was PERFECT! The dancefloor was full, and Marc and his assistant were the best.

Sent on 02/05/2009

Jackie · Married on 06/27/2008

After a friend booked Cutting Edge for her wedding and recommended them to me, we met with them and eventually booked them. We couldn't have made a better decision! Richie made our night so much fun! We met with him personally a few weeks before our wedding and went over music and songs we wanted and didn't want. He was so helpful and knew exactly what he was doing. At our reception at the Manor at Commonwealth, he knew just what to play to get everyone onto the dance floor and keep them there. It was packed all night. (Also packed at my friend's wedding a few weeks later, same friend who booked Richie first!) Everyone had such a blast. Richie helped to make our day even more special and perfect! We couldn't have asked for better! I would recommend Richie and Cutting Edge to anyone! Thanks for helping to make our wedding the best ever!

Sent on 02/10/2011

Valori · Married on 11/17/2007

We cannot say enough about how happy we were with Cutting Edge Entertainment! Rich was available to us throughout the planning process and actually listened to what we had to say about how we wanted our reception to flow. EVERYONE was up on the dance floor all night, which was exactly what we wanted! Rich knew exactly what to play in order to cater to a wide array of age ranges and made the evening run as smoothly as possible. We highly recommend their services!

Sent on 02/23/2009

Chris · Married on 11/17/2007

DJ Richie is the best DJ there is for a wedding. He made our special day an awesome celebration to remember. People still talk about how much fun they had at our event. We were on the dance floor all night.

Sent on 08/08/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2007

Cutting Edge provided us with an exceptional DJ. The dance floor was constantly filled. I've been to other weddings where the DJ played inappropriate music. You don't have this problem with these folks. They are very professional and will ensure you have an amazing time.

Sent on 06/30/2008

Lindsay · Married on 08/01/2015

Cutting Edge was great for our wedding! Marc made us feel so comfortable from the start, that the whole process was so easy. He met and gave us song suggestions and we listened to them together, which really helped us find the style that we wanted. Throughout the night, the guests raved about him! Thanks!!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/12/2015

We had Richie Abrams as our MC and he was truly phenomenal. Leading up to the wedding he worked with us to get a good music plan, he accommodated our schedule since we were planning a wedding out of town and he really offered us great suggestions. We also used their LED Uplighting which really made our reception turn into a dance party. He played all the music that we requested and had everyone on the dance floor non-stop. We had so many guests tell us that they loved our DJ and that we danced more than any other bride and groom they have ever seen! He was so funny on the microphone and really made it a great atmosphere. We had such a blast and it really was made possible by Richie and Cutting Edge entertainment.

Sent on 08/03/2015

amy · event on 05/17/2014

Tony and his crew from Cutting Edge Entertainment just did my daughters Bat Mitzvah this past weekend. Tony was great, so above and beyond what i would have expected. Everybody danced the whole time. Really kept the party alive. Multiple guests were commenting on how great he was. He really helped make our party a really great time. Thank you so much Tony and your dj and Dancer. You guys were awesome!!!!!!!!
    Definitely would highly recommend this company!!!!

Sent on 05/19/2014

Tony · Married on 10/11/2013

We had Brian from Cutting edge MCing and DJing for our wedding. Brian was great with his sense of humor and ability to adjust on the fly. The night of we had to shuffle things around and Brian was able to change what he had to say with introductions then and there. He kept the music mixed up and people happy. His experience really showed since he warned us of things before they even happened. Great time thanks to him.

Sent on 10/19/2013

Julia · Married on 09/29/2013

We worked with Richie who did a fantastic job. He helped us through the planning process with song selection, but was equally open to whatever we wanted. He listened to all of our suggestions and ideas for the wedding. At the wedding, we were running a bit late after cocktail hour, so Richie made some quick rearrangements to the schedule to make sure the food came out on time. The guests had no idea that the wedding did not go according to the originally planned schedule. Richie kept everyone dancing throughout the entire wedding. Most importantly, I have received a ton of emails and calls from guests telling me how much fun they had and how much they enjoyed themselves at our wedding! :-)

Sent on 10/13/2013

Maggie · Married on 04/11/2013

Richie from Cutting Edge was amazing! He was super friendly and personable on all phone calls, during the two meetings and on the wedding day. You can see that he enjoys what he does and takes it seriously- it's not some "side gig" for him. Cutting edge played music pre-ceremony, for the recessional, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing. They also gave us a microphone for the ceremony and hooked my brother's violin up to one of their amps when he played during the ceremony.
    My guests were happy with his music choices, the fact that he didn't talk too much on the microphone and that he pronounced all of the last names correctly!! The only reason I didnt give all 5's was that there was some confusion with a song we wanted played during the ceremony and only about 15 seconds was played. The service was otherwise excellent. I CANNOT RECOMMEND THEM (especially Richie)HIGHLY ENOUGH!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2009

I wish I could rate higher than a 5!!!!!! Rich from Cutting Edge was the easiest part of our wedding planning! We had an unusual first dance and he worked with us every step of the way to get the music just right and give our guests quite a suprise! Every song was perfectly executed! The way our venue was set up, there were no seats in the dance floor area, there was a quiet coffee room on the other side of the building for guests who didn't want to dance.... needless to say, not a single chair was moved! Everyone was on their feet dancing the whole time from age 3 - mid 70's! We even ended up extending the reception an extra hour because everyone was having such a great time!

We were lucky to have reccomended Rich to a friend for her wedding almost a year later and he was every bit as wonderful and engaging to the guests at her wedding!

If I could do it all again, besides my husband, Rich from Cutting Edge Entertainment would be my #1 go to guy!

Sent on 04/19/2011

Patrick · Married on 11/13/2016

We had Richie from Cutting Edge DJ our wedding ceremony and reception in November and our glad we went with them. They were professional and we were thorough with the whole planning. We didn’t realize how much planning was needed but Richie made the process easy and gave us his input where he thought would was needed. We wanted to enjoy our wedding day and make sure our guests had a great time and that’s what exactly what we got. For the most part, they played all the songs we requested. Richie kept the flow of the wedding as was able to keep everyone dancing enjoying themselves for the entire night. Both of us don’t like to dance but even we were up dancing and having a great time. We kept things very simple and were able to stay within our budget we set for a DJ. We’ve already recommended them to a few of our friends that are planning their wedding.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Cutting Edge Entertainment was great to work with through the entire process. We met initially to talk about their services, booked them, and then met a second time the week before the wedding to go over everything. They were receptive to our input and ideas. For example, they were willing to play a different song for each introduction of the bridal party. Their experience was apparent and made my husband and I feel confident about the music at our reception. Sure enough, the music was great and everything went well. Our guests were dancing the entire night!

Sent on 11/24/2015

Cutting Edge did a great job of finding out what was important to my bride and I, being very responsive, and extremely professional. Richie Abrams was our DJ and did a fantastic job of keeping the party going without messing up the natural flow of the event. He was very charismatic while not stealing the spotlight away from everyone else who was having fun. Would definitely recommend Cutting Edge and Richie to any bride or groom that want a very easy but still quality DJ for their wedding.

Sent on 10/02/2015

They played a diverse array of music every age group could enjoy. They were friendly, polite, respectful, approachable, and professional, among other great qualities. Can't sat enough about Cutting Edge, incredible work.

Sent on 07/20/2014
  • User4196284 · 2+ years ago

Cutting Edge Entertainment was a great vendor to work with from our first consultation--even though our venue was an hour away from their office and we were living in another state. Rich and Tony were there from the beginning, working hard with us strangers toward a personal approach to our ceremony and reception. Tony worked with our schedules during the planning, using Skype and Google Docs to collaborate. Tony incorporated all of our requests, kept our reception moving smoothly, and--most importantly--our guests excited. Overall, we were very pleased to work with Tony and all of the Cutting Edge crew, and would highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Kristin · Married on 06/09/2012

We were SO happy with Cutting Edge for our MC/DJ. Having both the MC and DJ was a great choice. Brian our MC was great to deal with! We felt confident after our first meeting that Cutting Edge would be great. Then, meeting with Brian a few weeks before the wedding went great and he made us feel totally confident about our day. We had such a fun time dancing and received many comments from guests that they had a blast . They played a great variety of music so all generations could dance and we never heard a song from our do not play list!!

Sent on 06/21/2012

stacy · Married on 07/11/2010

We chose Rich at Cutting Edge Entertainment because of our first-hand experience at a friend's wedding. We enjoyed the music and his willingness to mix songs to make our day unique to our personalities.

Upon our first meeting, Rich explained the typical layout of a wedding and asked for our basic songs. When Rich realized we had nothing in mind, in took the time to make suggestions and play the songs right there at the office. Rich even worked with me on special requests. I wanted my father/daughter dance to be a mix of 2 songs, and I wanted the entrance into the reception to lead right into our first dance. Rich gave us his opinion on the situation, but did not force us to follow his ideas. He worked with us via e-mail and phone to ensure the mixed songs were perfect.

During the wedding, his experience was evident as he did not require my fiancée’ and I to submit a lengthy song list. We were able to trust his choices at the wedding.

I was apprehensive about how much “fun” our wedding was going to be since it was on a Sunday afternoon Rich’s music selection was perfect because his choices were able to provide the elegance and beauty of an outdoor wedding, and then turn our Sunday afternoon reception into what felt like a Saturday night bash. . Rich’s experience as a D.J., as well as his willingness to work with what the bride and groom desired, helped to create an unforgettable wedding experience.

Thanks Rich!

Sent on 05/07/2011
  • W

Wendy · Married on 01/18/2010

We were very pleased and happy with there services. The DJ's were great, they did an exceptional job. The dance floor was never empty and everyone had such a great time. Mary who took the pictures throughout the day did such a great job and was able to capture wonderful candid pictures throughout the night

Sent on 03/29/2010