244 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

Liability Insurance (13)
Uplighting (12)
Photobooth (5)
142 Reviews for 'Richie'

Richie Abrams is awesome! We are so glad we had the opportunity to work with Richie at Cutting Edge for our wedding. He played the songs we asked for, didn't play the songs we didn't want to hear, and already knew all the customs of Jewish Weddings, which made our lives much easier. We had the best time dancing at our wedding all thanks to Richie!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/28/18, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Hiring Richie Abrams and Cutting Edge Entertainment was the easiest decision of our entire wedding planning process. Richie was the DJ for my wife's brother's wedding last fall, and it was the most fun wedding we had ever been to, the dance floor was packed all night. We knew we needed a great DJ/MC for our wedding to be just as fun. Richie was great to work with leading up to our wedding, he had great suggestions for music all throughout the night and even went out and got some unique instrumental versions of songs we wanted for our ceremony. Richie has the ability to read the room and play music that keeps the party going from beginning to end. We had guests of all ages comment the next day of how good the DJ was. I wouldn't hesitate recommending Cutting Edge Entertainment, and specifically Richie Abrams, to anyone planning their wedding.

Profile Picture Ken, 7/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Cutting Edge Entertainment was a fantastic choice for our wedding, and getting referred to their DJ Richie Abrams was one of the best things that happened during our planning process.

All along the way - from the very first call we got, to our in-person meeting, to the big night itself - Richie was the very picture of a professional, making sure that we got exactly the vibes, energy, and of course the schedule that we wanted. Because of him, our night flowed as we had pictured it - he kept us on track, and kept guests having fun. I don't think our dance floor was ever empty. He smoothly transitioned from hit to hit, mixing the old with the new, and keeping people's energy up. We couldn't be more grateful to him and his assistant.

I would recommend Richie and the Cutting Edge team to anyone in the greater Philadelphia area, because I know they can and will help to make your wedding dreams come true.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/30/18, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

From the very beginning to the very end, we felt well taken care of by Cutting Edge Entertainment. Every question asked was promptly answered and every detail from big to small was gone over. For example, a few weeks prior to the wedding we sat down with Richie and went over every little detail from what song our parents would walk out for the reception to, to what song would be played during the cake cutting. When we were unsure about what song we wanted, Richie played a variety of songs for us to give us some ideas and was so patient as we went back and forth deciding the "perfect" songs for every inch of the wedding! ... And was the music at our wedding perfect!! Richie knew exactly what to play to keep people entertained... Non stop dancing by all of our guests all night! I would recommend Cutting Edge Entertainment over and over!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/2/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie was the consummate professional from the first outreach. He was recommended by another vendor and upon reading reviews, my fiancé and I reached out to set up a meeting. He was attentive, thorough and made me feel like he wanted to have everyone at our wedding enjoy themselves and that was his biggest priority. He was unbelievably knowledgeable and organized, so much so that just meeting him made me feel completely comfortable with how everything would go on the big day. We had multiple meetings, endless song selections and he spent hours helping us get the vibe we wanted for our day. Everyone LOVED the music, made many comments about it following the wedding and the dance floor was filled the entire time by guests of all ages. Richie is professional, talented and a super nice guy. We couldn’t recommend him enough!

Profile Picture Brandy, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I cannot say enough good things about Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment. From the first outreach, Richie was prompt, thoughtful, engaging and worked with us to fully understand exactly what we wanted for our big day. We met with him twice and each time he spent an inordinate amount of time ensuring that each song and each transition would not only get but keep our guests on the dance floor. We were blown away by the music, and the dance floor was FILLED until the venue kicked us out. Not only that, but Richie is a smart, kind, genuine person who wants nothing more than to make your event perfect for you, with no ego and no motive aside from your happiness. If I could give him 10 stars, I would!!!!

Profile Picture Brandy, 4/21/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Richie from Cutting Edge was wonderful to work with and did a great job entertaining our guests throughout the night. He was extremely helpful throughout the planning process and walked us through everything so we knew exactly what to expect. Music selection was great and his energy kept all of our guests engaged all evening. Guests of all ages have complemented his work. We also used Cutting Edge for our photo booth and our guests loved that as well.

Profile Picture Jackie, 11/3/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Richie was THE BEST! From our first meeting he made us feel so confident in his ability to make our day special. Throughout the process, he was super responsive and checked in with us throughout our engagement. He helped to guide our music choices and was overall great. The day of our wedding, and now after, so many guests complimented the job he did. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Cassie, 9/29/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had a great wedding thanks to Richie and his enthusiasm for his work. He made sure we were comfortable with his ideas and listened to all of our ideas as well. Richie was very responsive whenever we reached out with questions or suggestions. We keep getting compliments on how great the music selection was and the dance floor was packed the entire night! Would highly recommend Richie!

Profile Picture Dan, 9/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Richie was so much fun to work with as our wedding DJ. I did a lot of my initial planning from a distance so I spoke with him a few times over the phone to see what type of DJ services/style he offered. He clearly loves what he does and was very easy to work with. My husband and I met with him a few weeks before our wedding to nail down all the final song choices. He gave us great suggestions when we weren't sure what to select. He also did some music edits for us (transitioning from one song to another for our entrance and cutting out one verse of a song for our father-daughter dance). Everything turned out great and the dance floor was full the whole night! Everyone had a great time dancing to the music and he was a great MC throughout as well. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Chelsea, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Cutting Edge Entertainment and DJ Richie! Communication was key for my fiancé and I at the time since we were quite the distance from our venue/vendors and DJ Richie did an excellent job with that. He was very responsive with his emails and made an effort to FaceTime with us and call us when necessary. He even made the effort to drive to our venue, which he was unfamiliar with, in order to get accustom with the setup and make sure he could transition between our two rooms smoothly. He really listened to our music style/preferences, and made sure he incorporated all our requested songs into our big day! On our wedding day, he did an excellent job MCing and making sure the transitions between toasts, dinner, cake cuttings, and dancing ran smoothly. He had everyone on the dance floor dancing the night away, which is everything we hoped for! I highly recommend DJ Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment for your wedding!!

Profile Picture Alex , 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Richie was amazing!! From the first phone call to the very last song, Richie is a true professional and its clear he loves what he does! He took the time to get to know me and my fiancé's musical preferences and listened to our input. The dance floor was packed the entire night and we all had the best time! I can't tell you how many people commented on the music and citing "we sure know how to throw a party" - all thanks to Richie! Definitely recommend Richie and Cutting Edge!

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We booked them for our Wedding this past June our DJ was Richie. He was very upbeat and excited to be our DJ from the start. When it came to our wedding he was very flexible and professional. He did an amazing job with the mix of music we requested all of our guest were very impressed ! I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Jon, 6/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

DJ Richie was nothing short of amazing! Richie had the entire dance floor filled throughout the night with his music variety. We had first seen him in action at my brothers wedding and knew that he was the DJ we wanted at ours. He was able to meet with us multiple times to go over the schedule and music selection. He is very responsive and has the perfect personality for a DJ/MC! Highly recommend him to anyone looking for an amazing DJ that will ensure you have a great time on your wedding day!

Profile Picture Patty, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge Entertainment was phenomenal for the entire process. We tried to contact several large, well known and well reviewed companies in the Philadelphia area but Richie Abrams was by the far best at answering our questions and giving us the information we wanted in a timely manor. Richie connected us to our AMAZING DJ Jared Mitchell. We are out of town by about 2.5 hours �so getting into the city to meet Jared wasn't always the easiest. We facetimed for about 30 minutes just so he could get to know us a little bit better, and he worked with us to get everything organized on our schedule. He was instrumental in helping us figure out our schedule for the day of and did a great job letting us know when things like the cake cutting/first dance etc were going to happen. He timed my music absolutely perfectly for my walk down the aisle. We had requested that the music start with some older hits for our parents/grandparents and then migrate into current music to get the party started and he did exactly that! We didnt give him too many requests and let him feel the mood of the party and it was perfect. I had a friend come up to me after the wedding who asked if we had hand selected the playlist, and I wish I could have taken credit, but it was all Jared. I would definitely recommend them to anyone interested!

Profile Picture Nadia, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC

Cutting Edge Entertainment and DJ Richie MC'd my wedding this past weekend 5/28/17 at Radnor Valley Country Club. From the very first meeting, Richie (and the owner Craig) was very professional and organized in his plan for a flawless wedding reception. We spoke several times through the planning process to go over songs and timelines. He even went above and beyond to help me organize a personal recording to be played for my father and I to dance to. To boot, I changed our first dance song 4 days before, and Richie confirmed via text and email that all was good. He had our wedding guests dancing all night with a great mix of music, and he was an awesome MC! Cutting Edge provided lighting and a photo booth with our package, which was perfect (as we didn't want to go searching for those kind of extras separately!). We were THRILLED with our choice of Richie as our DJ and would 150% recommend his DJ services and/or Cutting Edge Entertainment to other couples in the future!

Profile Picture User7911092, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Absolutely had the best experience with cutting edge entertainment. Richie and the rest of the staff are awesome. Couldn't have asked for better service.

Profile Picture Timothy , 5/26/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We interviewed several DJ's, but when we spoke to Richie Abrams at Cutting Edge, we knew he was our man. He was so interested in us and what would be important to our guests. We are in our 50's so with an bit older crowd we wanted someone who could span the generations, keeping the night moving and lively while relating to a few old fashioned traditions we had. Richie was awesome. He was so professional and fun, it was always about the bride and groom and our guests. His music choices were perfect and the wedding was one big dancin' machine. Even people who never dance were on the floor like crazy fools. People are still saying it was the wedding of a decade, largely because of Richie! His pacing, music choices and personal charm made him the DJ of the decade too! Thanks Richie, you are awesome!

Profile Picture Patti, 3/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had Richie from Cutting Edge DJ our wedding ceremony and reception in November and our glad we went with them. They were professional and we were thorough with the whole planning. We didn’t realize how much planning was needed but Richie made the process easy and gave us his input where he thought would was needed. We wanted to enjoy our wedding day and make sure our guests had a great time and that’s what exactly what we got. For the most part, they played all the songs we requested. Richie kept the flow of the wedding as was able to keep everyone dancing enjoying themselves for the entire night. Both of us don’t like to dance but even we were up dancing and having a great time. We kept things very simple and were able to stay within our budget we set for a DJ. We’ve already recommended them to a few of our friends that are planning their wedding.

Profile Picture Patrick, 11/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ

Our DJ, Richie Abrams, did a fabulous job at our wedding last month. We had a couple of planning meetings before our date, to go over timeline and song choices, and it was clear we were in good hands. The music and MCing were seamless during our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception. We also opted for the lighting package and can't wait to see how the photos look!

Profile Picture User7413585, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Category: DJ

From the first time we met with Richie at Cutting Edge, we knew he was the perfect DJ for our wedding. He was very responsive and helpful during the planning process, offering recommendations and tips to make our event a success.

During our wedding, Richie played the perfect mix of songs and kept all of our guests - both young and old - dancing all night long. He also went out of his way to play the music we liked, which was a special touch on our big day.

A big thank you to Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment for making our wedding perfect.

Profile Picture Sydney, 10/22/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie and Cutting Edge Entertainment are awesome! We booked with Richie after our friends used the same company two years before, as we were impressed with their professionalism and energy. From the initial appointment, Richie was upbeat, qualified, and fun. He was open to our ideas and music choices and we had a blast choosing entrance music/cake cutting music with him during another meeting. He had some really great ideas and suggestions. Throughout the reception, Richie incorporated our requests, guest requests, and appropriate music for all age groups, which kept everybody on their feet. He also did a great job at encouraging the guys to get back on the dance floor with some Queen after enjoying the cigar bar. Not only did Richie do an amazing job at selecting and playing the music seamlessly, he assisted with playing background music for my cousin who played trumpet during the ceremony and for one song during the reception. I cannot recommend Richie enough. His high energy and fun personality were noticed by several guests, as well as his great choices in music.

Profile Picture Melody, 9/24/16, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Love Richie and the people at Cutting Edge. He was fun, upbeat, and was extremely enjoyable to work with. We had a lot of last minute changes, and he just rolled with it. It was incredible. The guests were dancing, and I recieved multiple people telling me the music selection was great. I would recommend him to anyone. :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Richie and his team did such an amazing job at our wedding! I am going to admit, when I first started wedding planning I thought that DJs didn't make a difference (WRONG) and you could just use an iPod (SO WRONG) and a whole bunch of other misconceptions about how the wedding music works (all so wrong). Richie and his team gave us so many suggestions and had ideas that I never thought of. They even helped us with our schedule...they are basically also wedding planners :) We met with Richie a few weeks before the wedding and my hubs and I were so excited after because we knew it was going to be a blast. They cover everything. From when your guests are waiting for you to walk down the aisle, to cocktail hour, to the last dance. He knows what the flow should be, what to play in the beginning of the reception and when to get the fun music started. We had THE BEST NIGHT. People were dancing and the music sounded great during all three parts of the day (ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception) We got compliments throughout the next few weeks telling us how they've been to weddings with terrible DJs and ours awesome (YAY). We also had more than one guest ask us for the entire playlist...Have the best wedding ever, book Cutting Edge and you won't regret it!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/26/16, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I had the pleasure of meeting Richie from Cutting Edge Entertainment when he was the DJ for my brother’s wedding. When I started planning my own wedding, I just knew I had to hire him. Richie was always checking in with me via e-mail and phone to ask questions about our big day and gather all of the necessary information. My husband and I met with Richie early in the planning process to get an idea of our musical vision for the day, and we also met with him again a few weeks before the wedding to nail down the details. He creates a schedule/timeline for the reception so that you have an idea of when all of the big events are going to take place (cake cutting, intro’s, first dance, etc.) Richie gave great advice on what kind of music to play, but he was very interested in what we wanted and honored that, which we are so thankful for. I was worried because my reception went until 12:30 AM, and I thought people would get tired and the dancing would die down. Not with DJ Richie! He had all of our loved ones on the dance floor until the end, and they still didn’t want to leave even at 12:30! He really goes the extra mile for his couples, and he was such a pleasure to work with! I highly recommend Richie and this company!

Profile Picture Teresa, 8/5/16, 2 Reviews