244 Reviews for Cutting Edge Entertainment

Liability Insurance (13)
Uplighting (12)
Photobooth (5)
17 Reviews for 'Brian'

I met with many dj's and selected Cutting Edge because of their great team. Brian was great and all the guests couldn't stop talking about how good the music was.

Profile Picture Antoniette, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Do-Not-Play List, MC

What can we say about our DJ Brian - so many amazing things! He was absolutely awesome!!!!! He kept the party going all night long and knew exactly what to play to keep people on the dance floor. He helped guide us through some of the musical choices beforehand and helped the night move along smoothly. He was there to let us know what to expect ahead of time so we were not caught of guard at all. My husband and I were so glad that Brian was our DJ and our guests have raved to us about him - he was amazing! I have had so many people tell me that this was one of the best weddings that they have been to - they just had so much fun! That is what a wedding is about and besides the venue and food - the DJ is what makes the night. Brian made ours perfect and we are so grateful to him for that!

Profile Picture Melissa, 6/17/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Cutting Edge is outstanding, particularly due to Brian. We not only got to experience Brian's MC skills at my sisters wedding, but at our own a few weeks ago. He makes it so personal and tailors everything to your vision. Brian made our wedding day so special, and more importantly, FUN. Everyone was dancing the whole time and many have come up to us since the wedding saying how awesome the music was from start to finish. Thank you Brian for making our wedding day exactly what we wanted!! You're the best. - Nick and Rosie :)

Profile Picture Rosie, 7/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones

Ahhhhhhmazing experience with everyone at Cutting Edge! From the start Richie was great to work with, so attentive, sweet and professional! The moment we met our DJ, Brian, we knew this party was gonna be fun! Brian kept things moving smoothly from toasts to cake to getting crazy! He grabbed the mic with authority when we needed some direction and energy and just let our crazy guests do their thing on the dance floor for the rest of the time. He was genuinely happy to be with us on our night and it really made a difference. Brian wasn't just a DJ, he was a friend of ours and we were honored to celebrate with him!!!! What else can I say? This was the best

Profile Picture Erica, 5/21/16, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were lucky enough to have Brian Lacivita from Cutting Edge Entertainment as our wedding DJ -- he was the BEST! Brian has a ton of experience with weddings, which was extremely evident in his punctuality, professionalism, energy, and his ability to keep the dance party going through our entire reception. My husband and I had a few specific song requests, but generally told Brian the type of music we like and wanted to hear at our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with all the music Brian selected and played from cocktail hour through the end of the reception. I would highly recommend Cutting Edge and Brian to anyone!

Profile Picture Emma, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Where to begin?! My wife and I chose Cutting Edge Entertainment to DJ our October wedding at the Michener Art Museum in Doylestown and couldn't have asked for better service! After being introduced to and communicating with Richie, we were able to book Brian Lacivita to help with our special day. From the very beginning everyone at Cutting Edge was very professional and easy to work with. Brian did an incredible job working with us to put together a night full of music that everyone in that attended could dance to. After meeting with Brian weeks before the wedding to go over the game plan of the wedding day, from names and introductions to first dances, we proceeded to completely switch up the introduction order minutes before the wedding party was introduced. Without skipping a beat, Brian made the necessary adjustments and proceeded to introduce the wedding party as if nothing had changed! His attention to detail and ability to read the room helped make the night one we will never forget! It was nice to work with a DJ company that was focused on creating the night of entertainment we were looking for rather than their own agenda. We would highly recommend the talented team at Cutting Edge Entertainment! Thank you Brian!!

Profile Picture Reed, 10/24/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had Brian from Cutting edge MCing and DJing for our wedding. Brian was great with his sense of humor and ability to adjust on the fly. The night of we had to shuffle things around and Brian was able to change what he had to say with introductions then and there. He kept the music mixed up and people happy. His experience really showed since he warned us of things before they even happened. Great time thanks to him.

Profile Picture Tony, 10/11/13, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My now husband, Kevin, and I had a great experience working with Brian Lacivita at Cutting Edge Entertainment! We met with him a couple of times prior to the wedding and the 2nd meeting was right before the big day and it was "go time." So all of the details had to be hashed out and Brian was incredibly patient with us and had great ideas for songs and the flow of the day. I had very detailed ideas of what I wanted, pretty much two songs for everything (entrance, bridal party entrace, Father/Daughter dance, bouquet toss, cutting the cake); and I had wanted the songs to start at a specific time to hear certain lyrics. Brian took all of my ideas to heart and he played the songs perfectly on the day of! Everything was a smooth transition and he played ALL of me & Kevin's "must plays" from our extensive song list and we had a lot! Brian was the cool DJ on the microphone w/ his announcements, he wasn't the typical "corny" wedding announcer guy. He sounded great and got the entire room excited for what was to come next. We tried to put on a show :) We even had to make a change to our Irish songs playlist while they were playing and Brian was able to play the next song we wanted very easily. Overall, we have nothing but good things to say about Brian & the company as a whole and we would definitely recommend him to our friends & colleagues! Hopefully we'll get to work with him again in the future. Thank you, Brian! ~Lauren & Kevin ~

Profile Picture Lauren, 9/14/13, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Top Notch Performance and Professionalism. This Bride is HAPPY!

We got married in May 2013 and were very lucky to have the wedding of our dreams. Brian Lacivita, our MC, was a huge part in making our dream wedding a reality. I had no doubt Brian would do a great job. Being a good friend of the family for 15+ years, he truly showed our family a great time. The music selection was top notch. He was able to read the crowd and know what type of music people were enjoying. He played an amazing mix that was suitable for all ages. After the ceremony, people were coming up to us asking what the song list was while they were waiting for the ceremony to start. During the reception, people were already complimenting the song selections. 3 months after our wedding, people are continuing to share how much they enjoyed dancing. There was never a dull moment and we are confident our family and friends will continue talking about our wedding in years to come. Thanks to Cutting Edge Entertainment and Brian Lacivita we started our beginning on a happy note.

Profile Picture Kym, 5/17/13, 1 Review
4.7

Cutting Edge entertainment did our music and lighting at the reception and did a great job! But what stood out the most was the extra work Brian put in. I wanted something special for my father daughter dance and he remixed more than a few songs to make it happen. The whole staff at Cutting Edge is a blast to work with from my first meeting with Richie, to contract discussions with Craig, calls with Kim, and all the fun with Brian it was a stress free experience from start to finish. Everyone should book them!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/3/12, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had the privilege of having Brian Lacivita as our wedding DJ at the Hyatt at the Bellevue this past weekend and he was awesome! He was great at reading the crowd and kept the dance floor packed all night! Multiple guests asked me for his playlist the following day. We can't thank him enough and highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/13/12, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Brian from Cutting Edge was such a wonderful MC for our wedding! He understood the music we wanted played, and did more than just "play music" -- he kept the party going all night long, and provided the perfect soundtrack and narration to keep energy levels high. Not only did he do our reception, but he provided cocktail and ceremony music, too. In meeting with Brian, he understood our likes (ranging from country and rap (husband) to everything in between (me), and provided the perfect mix to keep all our guests happy. There were a few obsucre songs we wanted, and right in our meeting, Brian made sure to find and download them.

We found Cutting Edge Entertainment's packages to be extremely competitive, and one of the best bonuses was they have inexpensive uplighting, which truly took our reception decor to the next level!

Profile Picture Brianne, 7/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

I recently got married at the Loews Hotel in Philadelphia and utilized Cutting Edge Entertainment for my DJ and MC. We were lucky enough to get Brian as our DJ / MC. He was fantastic and made the night flow so perfectly. He played exactly the music we and our guests love to hear and everyone had such a great time dancing. If you are recently engaged and looking for a DJ, I would highly recommend Brian from Cutting Edge Entertainment!

Profile Picture Danielle, 6/30/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We were SO happy with Cutting Edge for our MC/DJ. Having both the MC and DJ was a great choice. Brian our MC was great to deal with! We felt confident after our first meeting that Cutting Edge would be great. Then, meeting with Brian a few weeks before the wedding went great and he made us feel totally confident about our day. We had such a fun time dancing and received many comments from guests that they had a blast . They played a great variety of music so all generations could dance and we never heard a song from our do not play list!!

Profile Picture User2497909, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

I would say the hardest thing to do with Brian at Cutting Edge Entertainment is to pick a place to start raving about him.

Our wedding was supposed to be an outside wedding. However, the rain did not cooperate with us and we were forced to change venues for the reception three hours before our ceremony began. Upon arrival, Brian was informed of this. I would guess this would put a hitch into any DJ's plan for a gig, but Brian took it in perfect stride. He had the ceremony set up so that we could use one microphone for our vows then had a hidden microphone in the crowd for one of our guests to sing as we walked out (pretty cool surprise). After the ceremony, he was able to break down and get to the new venue, set up, and start music before any of our guest arrived.

During the reception only the grandparents were sitting down (obvious reasons) but everyone else was up dancing and he kept them out there too! If something was not working, he changed it and if it was working he rolled along with similar music. One of my groomsman requested that he could sing a song to the bride and Brian cleared that with me before he
handed over the microphone (never know what a drunk guy might do).

To be perfectly honest, all of our guests told us they had a great time and our DJ had a huge part in that. It really means a lot when you look around at your wedding and see people up and dancing, smiling, laughing, and mingling. Brian made that happen for us and we would greatly and whole-heartedly recommend using Brian!

Profile Picture Phillippa, 9/10/11, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Awesome vendor! We worked with Brian as our MC and he was friendly, personable, helpful, etc. He catered to our husband and I more than our caterer. He also had great music, kept the party going and did everything we asked. SO many people commented about the good dancing at our wedding. One thing that I think it exceptional about cutting edge is that you have 2 people - a DJ and an MC which helps A LOT!

Profile Picture Noelle, 5/21/11, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Craig was our MC, and Steve was our DJ. We were concerned that our guests were of varied ages (my fiancee and I are in our late 30s), and a lot of our guests were younger. We wanted a very eclectic mix, and Craig (the owner) brought a great understanding of our older crowds tastes, while Steve, his DJ, handled the more current stuff, and did a great job. Craig was interactive, and allowed our guests to actually sing into the microphone for lots of songs, which really let so many of our guests become more of participants than invited guests. We are still getting calls from friends (months after) and we could not have been more pleased. It was great to have a 2 man team, because all aspects were handled with precision.

Not only would we recommend Craig and Steve, but friends used Brian from Cutting Edge, who did as great a job as Craig. I didn't catch the name of the DJ who was with him, but again they were awesome (although I'm biased, and think my wedding was better :))

Profile Picture Diane, 11/20/10, 2 Reviews